Take Chance { tag } Slasher / Wrynne

Not the large stone caverns that Weyr people are used to, these are buildings built on the top of the cliff, sometimes referred to as the Weyr Cliff. These buildings are all the same size, with multiple apartments for dragonriders to live in in each building. Because of space constraints, dragons sleep in large pavilions built around the dragonrider apartments.
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:55 am

Vojorokoth was curious. His rider had been hunched over the same bolt of cloth, off and on, for the past few days. He couldn't understand what was so important about it, especially now that she was in her own apartment, but she was so focused on it that the brown didn't have any heart to disrupt her away from her task. He had simply curled up on the pavilions and watched through her eyes her as she worked in between her own duties and studies, until finally one day, she grunted and started to pull at the tiny threads in frustration.

What's the matter, my love?

"Nothing." She pulled on the threads, counted with the thin needle she held, and a moment later her head fell back and she closed her eyes. She had made a mistake so many loops back, and now she was so far behind she would never have the fucking thing done in time for the feast. "I might as well stop working on this stupid thing."

The brown tilted his head, trying to discover in his mind what this "stupid thing" was. He caught hints of flowy fabrics but nothing more than that, and sighed. Is it a blanket? He tried to prod her gently, all but certain she would shoot him down. She had the last time he'd asked, so why wouldn't he anticipate it this time as well.

Instead, however, she settled her hands in her lap, pressed the needle in the fabric so it wouldn't be lost, and reached out for him. He felt her mind flow over him, and it made him shake and shimmy in a delightful manner where he was curled up. "Its supposed to be a dress. I realized at the hatching feast I didn't have anything fancy, and I want to make something of my own. I got some fabric from one of the ladies in the lower caverns."

That was very kind of them. He proceeded to begin to curl around her mentally, hoping that the contact would benefit her, soothe her some.

"Yes, well... the pattern I found in the stores isn't working the way I thought it would." That or it was her fingers just not working the way she'd hoped they would. She looked down at them and stroked them, frowning when she realized she was having such mental contact with her dragon. "This isn't going to happen again, so you know." She insisted as she started at her sewing again.

He crooned softly, warbled in amusement, and let his head rest against the space between his forelegs. Of course not, my love. I don't know what you're speaking of at all.
Slasher

Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:49 pm

I am bored.

Me too.

What are we going to do about it though?

I'm not sure...

Wrynne lay on her bed, staring at the ceiling. Life was...interesting, but also boring sometimes, ya? Wrynne sighed and rolled over, staring at the wall. It was midday. They should be out doing something...But what? They had just moved into their own apartments, the dragons were out in their pavilions. The pair missed the closeness, but it was also more comfortable for the growing Tiarnath. Something the blue was all too happy to brag about, how big she was getting. Wrynne had to laugh with her, of course. At this rate, the female dragon would end up a rather proper size for her traditionally male color, something that many assumed wouldn't happen.

We should go explore...Find somewhere new around the Lake maybe? We haven't made it all the way to the farthest edge yet. She felt her dragons acceptance, and excitement. As the girl stood up, catching sight of herself in the looking glass though, she realized it wouldn't be a proper adventure without a certain brownrider. Adjusting her shirt a bit, and fixing her hair a bit, she decided to detour on the way to her blue. Tiarnath felt her rider's thoughts, and was way ahead of her.

Hello, Vojorokoth! Lovely day, isn't it? The blue alighted near the brown's pavilion, eyes whirling merrily as she flopped boldly down beside him.

Her rider was much the same. Her apartment wasn't far from Ash'wyn's, and upon arrival, she just walked right in, ”Ash! We're going to the lake! Oh, what's that?” The weyrling had made a habit of just letting herself into people's rooms, especially Ash'wyn's. And with her sudden arrival, the mass of fabric was still sitting in the open, and as something strange and new in her favorite person's home, she immediately noticed it.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
~:Stories:~ ~:Monies:~ ~:Plotter:~
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:23 pm

The brown crooned to see the blue come so near, and he reached out to nuzzle her ever so gently, fondness very much a part of his tone and movement. He lifted a wing for her in invitation, but made no move to assume she would like to join him in such a manner. As always, it was her decision as to whether or not she would like to sun with him, and besides, he had no idea as to whether or not this was just a casual visit, or something a little more permanent for the moment. If it isn't the lady Tiarnath, a shining blue light among the Weyr. To what do I owe the pleasure of your company today, my sweet?

By now, Ash'wyn was used to Wrynne barging in on her apartment, so she didn't even flinch when she heard the door open - she was the only one to come visit usually, and the only one to ever come in without knocking. She didn't look up from her work when asked what "that" was, and instead continued to concentrate on the delicate stitch work in her hands. "A dress I'm trying to make. I don't have anything really fancy and so I decided I was going to try and make myself something. It won't look very pretty, but it should be passably presentable at the very least." She'd learned to stitch like any good caravaner at an early age - mostly for the sake of keeping leather sewn together, but her mother had insisted on her learning more delicate forms of needlework. She knew what she was doing even if her handiwork wasn't as refined as a formal crafter's.

After a moment, when she'd come to a point of pausing, she stuck the needle in a place to reminder herself where she'd left off and stretched her fingers and back. After being bent forward for so long, she was feeling a little stiff. "What was that about going to the lake again?"