Unpleasant Confrontation - Kate | A'ric

Not the large stone caverns that Weyr people are used to, these are buildings built on the top of the cliff, sometimes referred to as the Weyr Cliff. These buildings are all the same size, with multiple apartments for dragonriders to live in in each building. Because of space constraints, dragons sleep in large pavilions built around the dragonrider apartments.
Shaihulud
Pronouns: She/Her They/Them

Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:00 pm

Though not a common occurrence, from time to time, Solai endured the migraines that seemed to frequent other individuals who heard dragons as well as her. When the temples throbbed, they signalled the pain that would soon ensue. She needed to get inside, and soon, to lay down and rest her eyes in a dark and quiet room.

K'rios will help you, Tyreth's words crept into Solai's mind with care. He will be with you soon, though he wishes to know what is actually going on.

Of course he does. The situation was becoming more convoluted by the second, between the lies and deception, not to mention the sudden cluster of pain that exploded in the spaces just above her eyes. Part of her was only vaguely aware of the fact she had dropped her sack of pamphlets with her riding strap, just as she was only vaguely aware of A'ric's question, though it had not entirely dawned on her. Therefore, when eyes managed to squint open, she was both shocked and outraged to see A'ric rummaging through her will guarded secrets.

A hand attempted to swipe out and knick the folded parchment from his grasp, though her aim might have been slightly off from her migraine. "What they fuck do you think you're doing!" she snapped at him. Mul'rec would murder her if he knew she had been so careless. "That isn't yours!"

Tyreth stood to her haunches, abandoning Iktomith's side. Oh no, he's found the pamphlets, she alerted K'rios. He shouldn't see those. Important work. Dangerous work. A'ric is not allowed to have any part of it.

Yet have a part he did, which intensified Solai's desperation, and deepened the throb of her migraine. Solai rubbed at her temple to ease the pain she found herself blinded by. Even the moonlight was offensive to her eyes. I think I'm going to be sick...
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:12 am

Oh no, he's found the pamphlets, she alerted K'rios. He shouldn't see those. Important work. Dangerous work. A'ric is not allowed to have any part of it.

K'rios knew, whatever was going on, that he had to act fast. He did what he could think to do - he went to his apartment again, grabbed a bag and stuffed some clothes into it, then as he slung it over his shoulder, he left to join Solai and A'ric, wherever they were. I'm on my way. Tell her I'm on my way. He gave Tyreth some insight into what he intended - clothes, he had them, he would say he had gone to fetch some from his apartment for the next night or two, then the rest...

After showing her the rest of the images, he made his way to where the green and bronzeriders were, finding the scene as something he had to pretend wasn't as much of a surprise as it actually was. He quickly schooled his features and moved to touch the small of Solai's back, kissing her cheek and then her temple. "One of your headaches again? I'm sorry it took me so long to get back to you. I grabbed some of my clothes and left a note with Bellatrix to tell her where I'd be."

He looked at A'ric and what he held, then without much thought put into it, grabbed the pamphlet and looked it over. He wrinkled his face and frowned. Another act, another ploy, and hopefully A'ric would buy it. "This is strange? Did you find these? We should bring them to the Weyrleaders. But first, I need to get you to your apartment. If your head is killing you, the priority is to tend to that matter. We'll get in touch with them in the morning."

Please visit the above link for a list of my current
characters, links to their profiles, to see what
they look like, and find other little facts about them!

[ Marks Tracker | Graphics Shop | NPC Archive ]

“You fail only if you stop writing.”
— Ray Bradbury —
Kate

Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:40 pm

Dark eyes continued to study the green rider, genuine concern for his friend still taking over his features. What was going on with her? While part of him wished she would answer his question, the other part of him now knew better than to continue to ask about it. He really didn’t need her to get mad at him again.

Her things were on the ground, so while he was waiting for her to answer, the bronze rider began picking everything up. He had already noticed what was on it, but his concern for his friend had taken over his mind for the time being.

The next thing he knew, Solai was yelling at him once again. Quickly he bent down to finish picking up the stuff for her, and as he did, she went to snatch the stuff from his hands, catching him in the face instead. Rocking back, he put his hand to his face, shaking his head a bit, but not saying anything. Silently he handed everything back to Solai, except one that was still on the ground.

Dark eyes found the one still on the ground and he picked it up, but before he could give it to the green rider, K'rios showed up. A confused look passed over his face as the pewter rider didnt even say anything to him. They were friends, shouldn't he have at least said hello?

Before he knew it, K'rios had taken the pamphlet from his hand, and for a moment, he shot him almost something like a glare. What the hell was going on here? Sighing in frustration, he just shook his head. What was he supposed to say now? Frowning he said, "Well, I guess its good you are here now." Something inside of him felt as though it had broken a little with this whole situation. This was never what he had intended to happen when he caught sight of his friend. Just another thing that seemed to be his fault lately. Dark eyes glanced at the green rider again, "I guess I'll check on you when I can, unless of course, you know, you don't want me to because I'm to overbearing."
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Shaihulud
Pronouns: She/Her They/Them

Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:55 pm

Rather than snatch the pamphlet from A'ric's grasp, she struck him across the face. It was not the distinct flat of her fingers meant to purposefully strike. It was awkward, yet biting. The feel of his course cheek against her sharp fingers tips was not missed by either rider, leaving Solai stunned and instantly ashamed by the violent contact. To strike him had never been Solai's intention. Never. Yet strike him she did, and in silence his heart marinaded in the affront as her own wallowed in guilt.

His actions clear, Solai did not intervene as second time as A'ric said not a word as he moved to collect her things. But the pamphlet. Still it remained in his possession. However, if he thought he might be able to confiscate the pamphlet, K'rios immediately corrected him of the false assumption.

The hand at the small of her back, the kisses to her temple and brow, his soothing voice- "One of your headaches again? I'm sorry it took me so long to get back to you. I grabbed some of my clothes and left a note with Bellatrix to tell her where I'd be-" it all did little to assuage Solai of the fact she had struck A'ric. Without a second thought, K'rios rudely took the pamphlet from A'ric's own hand, a necessary insult. "This is strange? Did you find these? We should bring them to the Weyrleaders. But first, I need to get you to your apartment. If your head is killing you, the priority is to tend to that matter. We'll get in touch with them in the morning."

Solai nodded, and without hesitation, she lied once more. "Yes, I know. I found them by the porch over there," she gestured to a random complex across the path, near to K'rios's own home. "Someone... must have left them." Her head continued to throb, which became even more apparent as she leaned into K'rios's arms for reprieve. Still the draconic voices rapped upon her mind, the very feel of them abrasive and pointed, digging deep into her temples and around the space just above her eyes.

But no amount of agony allowed her to miss A'ric's final words to her. "Well, I guess its good you are here now." She caught the hurt in his voice, a man she had once loved as a friend, and still did. A'ric was a good man, one who only ever wanted to help, and whose character was an open book to her. He meant no harm. "I guess I'll check on you when I can, unless of course, you know, you don't want me to because I'm to overbearing."

Solai inwardly winced at that last part, yet she did not stop him as he walked away, leaving her with K'rios. Once certain the bronzerider was out of earshot, Solai turned wet eyes up to the pewterrider. "Thank you." Even she had the grace to know she owed him for this. "Can we go inside now? Please?" She would soon forget this night if she could, but she knew it would not be so easy. For his help, Solai would need to repay K'rios by explain herself to him once she managed to regain her bearings.

Her straps and bag of pamphlet's collected, Solai and K'rios returned to her home, leaving no other trace of their interactions with A'ric, aside from his wounded pride and bruised heart.

{fin}