Unpleasant Confrontation - Kate | A'ric

Not the large stone caverns that Weyr people are used to, these are buildings built on the top of the cliff, sometimes referred to as the Weyr Cliff. These buildings are all the same size, with multiple apartments for dragonriders to live in in each building. Because of space constraints, dragons sleep in large pavilions built around the dragonrider apartments.
Shaihulud
Pronouns: She/Her They/Them

Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:32 pm

Season - Early Spring (two weeks after Second Dulcet Dance)
Time - Middle of the Night (early hours)
Location - Atricis Weyr, Dragonrider Pavilion

Wingrider Solai and Green Dragon Tyreth

It had proven itself to be a long night, one that Solai would soon forget with a healthy measure of sleep. However, it was not only Solai would found herself exhausted by their efforts of the night, but Tyreth too. When they arrived, Solai thought her dragon would have had the mind to land close to her apartment. Instead, the little green landed closer to K'rios's home, all so she could curl up with her mate.

Really? Solai growled to her green in the dismount. Reaching up, she unfastened the straps from her dragon.

Tyreth gave a shake of her neck and shoulders to free herself of the leathers. They fell with a mute clatter, though the sack of remaining pamphlets landed with a thump. Our home is not far, and you've never minded before.

Truth.

Besides, I'm sure K'rios would not turn down your company. He is quite fond of you.

A chuckle answered in response as Solai gathered the items. Never mind the remaining paint and ink that stained her fingers. With a good wash, she would absolve herself of her activities from the night. I'm not going to sleep with him... at least not yet. I meant what I said. I want to know him first.

It could just be a cuddle.

Now that was a tempting thought, the greenrider chuckled. Wrapped in K'rios's arms as she pressed an ear over his heart... letting the rhythm lull her to sleep... But no, she needed to get home with the leathers now slung over her shoulders, and drag the sack back to her home. There she would wash herself clean and then finally settle for the night.

Were it not for the sound of the strap buckle clinking with her steps, the greenrider would have crossed the distance between her home and K'rios's apartment without noticed. Her black attire made her inconspicuous to the casual eye, though Solai suspected if someone were to approach, she would draw their suspicion. Late at night, dressed in black... it looked good for no one, not even her. Confident of her ability, Solai crossed the walk way, believing herself impervious to discovery, not at all aware she was about to encounter some unexpected and unwanted company.
Kate

Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:36 am

Dark eyes glanced around, and A'ric couldn't help but just, stare off into the distance for a moment. For some reason, he was more tired today than he normally was, and he had already found himself zoning out more than once. It was not something he was proud of. As a Wingleader, he knew he should always keep his focus, even if everything wasn't going right for him, or for Behemoth. The two of them were a team, and they led this Wing, and made sure they always acted like it. Today though, was different. Even with Behemoth pretty much yelling at him to keep his attention on what he was doing, he just couldn't.

Not that things were bad, it was just, today was one of those days where he kind of wished he wasn't a Wingleader. Sure, he loved the honor and the chance to constantly prove himself, but sometimes, he just wished he had more time to himself. More time for Viktor, more time for Behemoth (besides drills), and more time for hanging with friends. That way of thinking he knew wasn't really the greatest, but it was how he felt.That had been a lot of work, and he had been grateful for the opportunity. It was nice to not have as MUCH pressure now. Then again, there was always pressure. It was the pressure that he and Behemoth both put on themselves.

Finally the drills were over, and A'ric went and took a nice hot bath, trying to get himself to relax a little. Taking a few deep breaths, he found himself sinking lower into the water. Honestly, he didn't want to get out, but a rumble in his stomach reminded him that it was getting close to dinner time, and he hadn't really ate anything for lunch. Food had been the last thing on his mind. Knowing the drills they had, he had just wanted to get started and get on with the day.

After grabbing some food, he headed back to his apartment, and tried to find something to occupy his mind for the time being. He wasn't much for drinking without someone there drinking with him, and he wasn't one for smoking either. So, he settled in with a good book, thinking it might help him calm his mind and then he could go to bed.

Unfortunately, that is not what happened for the bronze rider. While he had laid down, he had ended up tossing and turning, and had just gotten more and more frustrated with the whole situation. Finally, he threw the covers back and quickly put his clothes on, deciding that maybe going for a walk would calm him down.

Stepping out into the night air, he took a deep breath, smiling softly to himself. Sure he'd had a lot on his mind lately, with him and Kit being over, but something about this DID have that calming affect on him. Well, that was, until he saw something odd that caught his attention.

In the dim light, he could make out a figure walking, something clanging a little as they did so. As he moved closer, he could see it was a very familiar face. For a moment, he couldn't believe his eyes, but then he called out, "Solai? Is that you? Is everything ok?"

Throwing that many questions at her had not been his intention, but he had never seen her wandering around like this before, and he could now see she carried her gear with her as well, as if she had just gotten back. A'ric decided he would wait to ask her nay more questions until she answered the ones he had already put before her.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Shaihulud

Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:05 pm

Before the greenrider ever reached the door of her building, Solai would have the misfortune of company. Fitted in black attire, her hands stained with ink and dark paint, smudges on her cheeks, her hair a mess, straps at hand, and sack at side... the very sight of Solai was incriminating. Though not obvious exactly what she had done, she certainly looked the part of a criminal, especially in the dead of night.

"Solai? Is that you? Is everything ok?"

And it was A'ric of all people.

She loved the man, and knew he was a good friend, but now was not the time for him to pry. Irritated by his arrival at the most inopportune time, she rolled her eyes and stepped to the porch. "Of course everything is fine," she sighed back to the bronzerider. "Just had a late night is all."

Though she inwardly knew she was in the wrong, Solai was of the opinion A'ric did not know this, thus it was not his place to push. However, her state did little to support her opinion. Already she fished for her keys so she could get inside as quickly as possible.
Kate

Tue Dec 25, 2018 3:22 pm

For a few moments, A’ric foundhimself wondering if he had the right person. Once he got closer to her though, and heard her voice, his doubts about that went away. The tone of her voice was now what was worrying him a little bit. Since they had known each other, it wasn’t often that he heard Solai so, well for lack of a better word, irritated. That thought led to another thought. Was she irritated at him? Or was she irritated at something else?

As he ran through those scenarios, it led to him wondering if he should try and push for a better answer. Dressed all in black, out late at night. No matter what the green rider told him, the dark hairs young man knew that there was something going on, and it didn’t seem to him like everything was “fine.”

Also, the bronze rider wasn’t sure if it was just him or not, but she seemed to be in a bit of a rush, and was barely saying anything. Holding up his hands, as a gesture of peace, he said, ”Alright, you don’t have to bite my head off, I’m just worried about you is all.” Honestly what else could he say? Prying was not usually his thing, and he had a feeling that him prying would only make the green rider even more irritated.

Shrugging he said, ”That’s fine, if you don’t want to talk to me I will just let you get back to doing whatever it ia you were doing.” Maybe that would be a little bit of a guilt trip and it would work? Who knew? Hopefully it wouldn’t blow up in his face.
Shaihulud

Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:02 am

”Alright, you don’t have to bite my head off, I’m just worried about you is all.”

Arms crossed over her chest in defiance.

”That’s fine, if you don’t want to talk to me I will just let you get back to doing whatever it is you were doing.”

A sharp scoff answered the bronzerider. "What, so I'm not allowed to wander in the middle of the night without rousing your suspicion, but you are? Faranth, you can be such a male sometimes, A'ric." Wrong or right on her behalf, the fact he attempted to wheedle away at her when he too wandered in the dead of night seemed a bit hypocritical to the greenrider. And then there was the fact he was trying to... guilt her? Really? Brows furrowed, dark eyes narrowing on the man. "I'm not a weyrbrat, I'm not a weyrling. I'm a wingrider, and I don't have a curfew. I have every right to wander where and when I see fit, and I don't need a man to pry where his doesn't belong. But since you're so keen on knowing, I just got back from a late night out with K'rios, not that it's any of your business."

The lie spewed out from her with far too much ease, yet she managed to deliver without hesitation nonetheless. In all honesty, it was the truth she wanted rather than the one she had to offer. Were A'ric to pry, she had no doubt she would have to force Iktomith to rouse the pewterrider. Would K'rios then pry in turn?

Tyreth, Solai thought to her dragon.

Already the green nosed her mate. My love, wake up. You might need to wake up K'rios for Solai's sake.
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:46 pm

The pewter was not a heavy sleeper, nor was his rider. K'rios had just managed to drop not more than an hour prior thanks to some late night paperwork for classes the next day, and the dragon had managed to keep himself awake as a result. It was easy to rouse him then when he heard the voice of his mate, pleased as he was to hear her voice after she'd been away for much of the night. He gave a croon in response, and knew better than to play tricks on his rider - this time at least. Ah, yes, well. I'll send him to her apartment without details.

He had captured a wisp or two of what was happening in the green's mind, but knew better than to share it with his rider. He did, however, wake K'rios. You should go over to Tyreth's rider's apartment. She needs you. There was an edge of seriousness to his voice, one that gave little room for quarter there, and that was enough to capture K'rios' attention when he started to rouse.

He could have questioned, but the man knew not to, and nodded instead. "Let her know I'll be there shortly. That I found what I need to fetch." Oh, the pride that filled the pewter when he caught what his rider was doing...

He turned back to the green, and then opened his mind to Solai as well. K'rios will be at your apartment shortly. He "found" what he stopped by his apartment to find before joining you there. He paused a moment. Unless you need him to join you someplace else?

Please visit the above link for a list of my current
characters, links to their profiles, to see what
they look like, and find other little facts about them!

[ Marks Tracker | Graphics Shop | NPC Archive ]

“You fail only if you stop writing.”
— Ray Bradbury —
Kate

Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:53 pm

Shaking his head, Aric told himself he should have known that this would end this way. This wasn’t what he had really wanted to happen. All he had wanted to do, was make sure that his friend was alright. Well, that had certainly backfired now, but at the same time, it made the young man think that maybe he was right about there being something going on with her. Come to think of it, he had never really seen her this agitated.

Frowning even more as she continued on her little rant, he just shook his head. When she finally stopped, dark eyes studied her for a moment. ”Ok, first of all, it’s not that you aren’t allowed to wander, hell I am to. It just seemed strange that you were carrying your saddle with you, that’s all.” Pausing for a moment, he took a breath and then continued,”Yes, I know you are a rider, and I know you can take care of yourself. But you should know me well enough to know that I care about my friends too much sometimes. I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to make it seem like I’m telling you what to do. I’m just trying, to protect you. I mean, I know you can take care of yourself, but I’m just that kind of guy.”

As she mentioned the Pewter rider, Aric could not stop himself from staring just slightly. It was a bit of a shock to hear her say that. The two of them were seeing each other? After a few moments of pondering this, and getting over the initial shock, A'ric could not help but let a small smile play on his face. K’rios was a good man, and the bronze rider knew he would take care of Solai if they stayed together. Finally the bronze rider said, "Alright alright, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to pry that much. Like I said, I was just worried about you. That’s all. You know I’m not the type to try and control people outside of the riders in my Wing.”

Running a hand through his hair he could not stop himself from frowning again. Part of him didn’t really believe what she was saying, but he really had no evidence to back up the fact that he didn’t believe her. The other part of him knew not to pry anymore, but at the same time, that part was still worried about her too.

Finally he managed to say, ”Well I guess as long as everything is ok, I will just be on my way then. Don’t want to be any more overbearing on you than I already have.” With that he turned to walk away, feeling slightly hurt and slightly embarrassed about the whole thing. It would probably be best if he just continued on his walk, or went back to his own room. At least then he wouldn’t be causing anymore trouble for himself, or for Solai.
Shaihulud

Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:17 pm

”Ok, first of all, it’s not that you aren’t allowed to wander, hell I am too. It just seemed strange that you were carrying your saddle with you, that’s all. Yes, I know you are a rider, and I know you can take care of yourself. But you should know me well enough to know that I care about my friends too much sometimes. I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to make it seem like I’m telling you what to do. I’m just trying, to protect you. I mean, I know you can take care of yourself, but I’m just that kind of guy.”

Solai knew well enough to feel that tinge of shame. Hiding that fact did little for her when eyes averted from the guilt, for she loathed the fact that she chewed the man out for something as benign as concern. Courtesy had always been A'ric's strong suit; a gentleman first and foremost above all else, and incredibly trusting. It made him easy to manipulate at times, and under circumstances as these, the greenrider was not above doing just that, especially now when she needed to rid herself of him lest he find out about her dealings in Evanoria and Walled.

Therefore, she did not correct his remark, for all that it was she who was in the wrong.

"Alright alright, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to pry that much. Like I said, I was just worried about you. That’s all. You know I’m not the type to try and control people outside of the riders in my Wing.”

"Good," the petulant woman replied. She was ready to hold her ground, thinking perhaps there was no need of K'rios after all.

Iktomith, however, had a mind of his own. Ah, yes, well. I'll send him to her apartment without details.

Solai's eyes widened noticeably as A'ric spoke.

The pewter, all the while, reached out to his rider, rousing the poor man from sleep. You should go over to Tyreth's rider's apartment. She needs you.

The pit of her stomach sunk even deeper.

K'rios will be at your apartment shortly. He "found" what he stopped by his apartment to find before joining you there. He paused a moment. Unless you need him to join you someplace else?

Iktomith, you little shit! thoughts hissed at the pewter. Considering Iktomith's devious nature, she suspected he had earned his pet name. Tyreth said you "might need to wake him"! For Faranth sake, what was she going to do now?

”Well I guess as long as everything is ok, I will just be on my way then. Don’t want to be any more overbearing on you than I already have.”

Solai did not immediately respond. Instead signs of agitation and worry marred her gestures as she struggled to wrap her mind around both A'ric and the knavish pewter. Did she tell Iktomith that she needed K'rios to lie on her behalf? What if he did not? Or even worse... what if he did? And either way Solai would have to answer to him, or both of them...

Her mind opened in panic, reaching for a solution in a moment of desperation when everything might cave in at once. Alien voices and thoughts streamed through her mind's ear, of woken dragons and dragons who spoke in their sleep.

What are you doing in my wallow? Would-

Tender tender tender...

You should go to sleep. It's too late for you to-

My Queen! My Gem!

A cluster of explosions racked her temples, causing the greenrider to stagger. To ease the sudden onslaught of pain, Solai reached for her head, running fingers over her eyes as her mind tried to close away the trespassing voices. The gesture left several streaks of black across her skin, though Solai was no longer herself enough to recognise the marks.

Tyreth crooned out from Iktomith's side. You hurt! K'rios is coming now.

No no... A'ric will know if K'rios comes. Tell him to lie... tell him it's not A'ric's fault, but mine. Tell him to lie, she reached to her own green, for she lacked the will power to focus her thoughts and reach to Iktomith too.

Tyreth did not delay as the pewterrider emerged from his apartment. K'rios, you need to lie for Solai. She told A'ric she was with you tonight. Lie for her, please. She'll explain later, but please know A'ric did nothing wrong. It was bad timing on everyone's part, and she didn't want him to know what she'd done.

Straps and sack dropped to the ground from Solai's hold, the sack tipping in the fall... several pamphlets slipping out...
THE ARGUMENT
FOR
EMANCIPATION
The pamphlets declared their intention in bold lettering across the top of the cover fold, an intention Solai would no longer be able to deny.
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:10 am

K'rios didn't know what was going on, only that he needed to get out of bed and make his way to a certain greenrider's apartment. He was still rubbing his eyes when the frantic voice of her green all but exploded in his mind, sending him a step back and he was glad for the wall behind him or else he was certain he might have landed on his ass.

K'rios, you need to lie for Solai. She told A'ric she was with you tonight. Lie for her, please. She'll explain later, but please know A'ric did nothing wrong. It was bad timing on everyone's part, and she didn't want him to know what she'd done.

He narrowed his eyes as his gaze landed in the direction of Solai's place, then twisted to turn towards A'ric's. He could have easily have ignored the request and gone in either direction, confronted one of them, then the other. He swallowed the angry lump in his throat, the questions he had in his mind, and took a step towards his own apartment instead.

Tell her I want an explanation for this, Tyreth, but let her know I'll do what I need to... For her was left hanging in the vast space between them, but was there somewhere as he broke off the connection with the green. Then he returned to his apartment, ran a hand through his hair and put on a pot of klah, not sure what else he needed to do other than make it seem like he'd been out all night. Just in case.

Please visit the above link for a list of my current
characters, links to their profiles, to see what
they look like, and find other little facts about them!

[ Marks Tracker | Graphics Shop | NPC Archive ]

“You fail only if you stop writing.”
— Ray Bradbury —
Kate

Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:27 pm

Was Solai remaining quiet a good sign? The bronzerider found himself hoping that it was. Dark eyes studied his friend once again, even though it was only for a moment. What was that look on her face? Come to think of it, he had seen that look before, just never on the green rider’s face. Was t guilt? Did she suddenly feel bad for being cross with him now that he had reminded her that it was just who he was? It almost made him smile, but he kept a straight face. If she did feel guilty, he didn’t need to rub it in.

Turning to walk away, the young man still couldn’t believe that everything was so quiet now. Hadn’t she just been yelling at him? Although, why was he even thinking about it? Why was he questioning it? This was a good thing, wasn’t it? It meant that maybe she wasn't angry with him anymore? Or at least that this wouldn't have a lasting affect on their friendship?

The bronze rider wasn't exactly sure what made him stop and turn around, but when he did, it made a frown come quickly to his face, quick than one had ever showed up there before. What was that look on Solai's face? To him, with only that quick glance back at her, it looked almost like she was in pain or something. Honestly, he couldn't quiet place the look, but that didnt matter. There was something telling him that something was not right.

Turning back around, he took a few steps towards her and then noticed that something had fallen on the ground. For s moment the bronze rider debated picking it up, but the look on Solai’s face had him a bit concerned still, so he just glanced at it, enough to read what it said, as he took a step closer to her, dark eyes studying her as he asked, ”Are you sure you are alright? You don’t look so good.”

After studying her for a moment, not rushing her for a reply, his dark eyes moved once again to the pamphlet that had fallen on the ground, and he found him wondering why Solai would have something like that. Finally he picked it up but didn’t say anything about t just yet. He was still more concerned with what was going on with as his friend than the pamphlet.