Said Once, Said Twice { tag } Slasher / Niomi

Not the large stone caverns that Weyr people are used to, these are buildings built on the top of the cliff, sometimes referred to as the Weyr Cliff. These buildings are all the same size, with multiple apartments for dragonriders to live in in each building. Because of space constraints, dragons sleep in large pavilions built around the dragonrider apartments.
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:30 am

[ Takes place about a week after Sunset Reflection. ]

He'd found out just that morning. He was being sent for a while to Ivory Tower Weyrhold to work on some beast matters, as well as being commissioned to tend to some metalwork. He'd been hesitant to tell Niomi, but once he'd found out how much he would make from the the entire deal, he'd spilled, and been celebrating ever since - with her, with his friends, with colleagues that he'd gained through his work in the forge and the Weyr's beasts.

By the time the evening hour was upon them, he'd missed evening meal with Niomi - he'd sent note with Arthur to inform her of why (he'd been drug to Evanoria with a couple of buddies to continue their celebrations) but had promised her he would see her before they went to sleep that night.

So even though he'd returned to the Weyr rather intoxicated, and perhaps having more than a little difficulty walking, he was somehow able to remember his promise to her, and it was with that in mind that the man made his way to her place, his intentions two fold: he was going to say goodnight, and he felt like he finally had the nerves to tell her what had been in his heart after so long.

He wasn't sure where he was at one point, got turned around after more than one try, but eventually he remembered why the sky was supposed to be up and the grass green and he made it to the right block of dragonrider apartments. He managed to make it to Niomi's - with a little assistance in between - and knocked heavily on her door, grinning as he thought about the little beauty on the other side of the thick wood panel.

Please visit the above link for a list of my current
characters, links to their profiles, to see what
they look like, and find other little facts about them!

[ Marks Tracker | Graphics Shop | NPC Archive ]

“You fail only if you stop writing.”
— Ray Bradbury —
Slasher

Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:57 pm

It was late. She had already seen Cat, knew of his good(and kind of bad) news, had done her own bit of celebrating with him, even if it was a little bittersweet. And it didn't help that Haddy was more irritable than she ever had been, and kept grumbling in the back of Niomi's mind as she had spent time with Cataren and their(though mostly his) friends. He missed their dinner, but that was alright as he at least sent word. And in the meantime, her dragon was being a bit of a pain. She had just ignored her dragon as best she could until she headed back for her own room. Once there, she had freshened up a bit, and settled down with a book. Cat had promised to come by before he went to bed to say goodbye to her last, because he was set to leave early in the morning, and she might not see him again until he returned from the Weyrhold.

And the candlemarks ticked by, she found herself getting crankier, and more sleepy. Glancing at her timecandle, she sighed as she saw how late it had gotten. Maybe she should just go to bed...Or at least kill some time by getting ready. So she set her book aside, and got out of her normal clothes, pulling an oversized male's tunic. She furrowed her brow for a moment, trying to remember where she had gotten the shirt, because it smelled heavenly...A short snap from Haddy, and she glared at nothing as she remembered it was Cat's, and he had tore it on a branch one day when they were out and she had insisted on taking it to mend it, but never gave it back to him...Looking, she blushed as she realized it still had the tear in the side, as small as it was.

She was about to pull it off and change when she heard a knock at her door. Shard it... Walking to it, and opened it and grinned a bit when she saw the state he was in. It didn't occur to her that his shirt hung to above her knees, and hung loose off one shoulder to show she was bare beneath it, and looked rather small within the fabric, ”Oh, Cat...you look a state. Come in here and get some water, then I'm sending you to bed. You didn't have to come, you need rest before tomorrow, you silly wherry.” She pulled the door open the rest of the way, then gently closed it behind him. Haddy grumbled again, and Niomi continued to ignore her crankiness. Tonight was not the night to indulge the green's moods.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
~:Stories:~ ~:Monies:~ ~:Plotter:~
Ember

Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:17 am

He stumbled as soon as he was in her apartment, fell upon the floor and rolled onto his back laughing. Oh, was he ever in a state, and he'd come to the safety of her place because he knew he could be there in peace, with someone that he cared for, someone that he loved. He looked up at her, face flushed from the drink and the laughter died down, and he grinned as he started to find himself growing comfortable with where he was, even if the only thing cushioning him was a thin layer of carpet. His hands soon rested upon his stomach, and as he stretched out, the man's brain to tongue filter seemed to dissolve, and one of the many truths about her came tumbling out; whether he'd remember saying it in the morning was another matter completely. "You have any idea how fucking beautiful you area to me?"

— Ray Bradbury —
Slasher

Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:27 pm

She had seen him drunk before, but this bout was special. The woman couldn't help but grin as he plummeted to her floor, rolled onto his back, and laughed. She got down too, crouching and then shifting to her knees, sitting on her feet with her legs beneath her as she leaned forward enough to see his face. His handsome, rugged face that she could thoroughly miss seeing as often as she could. A tiny sigh escaped her gently smiling lips, and she lifted a hand to run her hair back behind an ear. She had already taken it down and brushed it, and as she leaned over him a bit, it kept trying to fall down(irritatingly, in her opinion).

And then he settled, his hands going onto his stomach as he visibly relaxed. Then his lips opened, and she couldn't help her face blushing in response. Oh, he was drunk alright. With a gentle chuckle, she shifted again to lean further over him, one hand bracing her weight beside him while the other prodded his cheek, ”You are just all lost, aren't you? How much did you have to drink?” Her tone was amused, her eyes twinkling in amusement, even if at the back of her head a certain green kept grumbling and being uncomfortable, Just go to sleep already if you're so grumpy! Haddy's response to her rider's not-gentle suggestion was a mentally audible hissing 'whuff' sound.

In the meantime, Niomi had more pressing matters than her cranky green. Like a certain Crafter lying on her carpet, ”You're lucky that rug is there...I'm glad I was able to get ahold of it. I'd hate for you to be passing out on my bare floor.”
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Ember

Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:34 pm

He captured the hand prodding at his cheek and turned his hand to nuzzle at the fingers, his lips brushing lightly over the tips. If a soft moan escaped his mouth, he wouldn't remember it the next day, but what did leave his tongue was something she might not notice if she wasn't paying attention to what he was saying, instead of what he was doing - "I love you..."

He pressed her hand flat to his cheek a moment later and looked up at her, having completely forgotten what she'd said to him, though he thought it had something with being lost and carpet. What was that about her carpet being lost? He started to chuckle nuzzled into her hand. "You should find your carpet if its lost, Nimmy, or your feet will get cold when you walk on the floor."

— Ray Bradbury —
Slasher

Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:45 pm

The fact that she was pretty well dead sober, if a little grumpy herself(damn dragon, what the shells?!), didn't do to help anything with how she was handling her drunken secret love. So when he caught her hand and nuzzled into it, she was thanking the stars that he was as trashed as he was, because he hopefully would miss her flaming red face. Her eyes got lost on his lips trailing her fingertips, and she curled them just slightly against his touch, letting her breath out shakily. As distracted as she was by his attention, she faintly caught what he said. I love you too, you lump, what are you doing? Oh, even with his silly caresses on her hand, she couldn't quite click what he had meant, and assumed it was as a friend, a very good friend.

And then he looked up at her, and spoke again, and she couldn't help but chuckle again, ”Here, maybe you can help me find it then.” She stood, gently pulling her hand with her, and dragged it down to catch his own, pulling hard on his arm, ”I think I left it over that way, come help me look.” Her intention was to get him up and stumble-carry him to the bed so at least he wasn't on the floor, cuz silly drunk man.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Ember

Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:03 pm

Perhaps because of his current state, her attempts to get him to his feet worked, and though he stumbled along the way, Cat eventually managed to stand. He clung to her, buried his face in her hair, and didn't take a single step as they stood there for several moments. If he moved, the room spun. But if he didn't move, the room still spun. It was strange, very strange, and he thought it best to just stay like this. "If I close my eyes, nothing moves." He whispered, and the sound carried to her ear, as did his breath, which caressed over her skin.

He couldn't help himself as the first steps were taken, though his eyes continued to remain shut; he sniffed her hair, and the moan that escaped him was far from being proper. "I used to do this when I'd hold you back at the Hold. Smell your hair, trying to decide which flowers were used in the soap sands that day. I always associate flowers with you." He wasn't sure if they were anywhere near the bed, but he sure was tempted to collapse in a pool again. "I'd still like sniffing your hair though, even if you washed it with fish."

— Ray Bradbury —
Slasher

Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:51 pm

Once he was up, she was ok with just standing there for a few moments, because of how he was swaying. And in all honesty, if he went down, she had no real way to stop him, and she'd probably end up right down with him. He was bigger, taller, just physically stronger in pretty much every way. But she did her best, latching both her arms around his torso as he leaned into her. She felt his breath drag over her skin, and couldn't bite back the breathy shiver that escaped her lips, her eyes fluttering a little. His own smell clung to him, accompanied by the slightly sour alcohol smell. But his shirt that she was wearing only added to the aroma. And she suddenly hoped he was too drunk to notice what she was wearing.

But then they were boldly taking steps. One step, closer. Another step, closer. Each small movement, even with his eyes closed, bringing them ilm by ilm towards her bed. Then she heard a sound she had always yearned to hear, but never dared truly dream, and she nearly stumbled. He moaned against her hair, and she bit her lip to distract herself. But then he was talking again. Saying more sweet, lovely things that made her face flame. And then ruined it. She resumed their halting walk, ”Cat, you hate fish, I would never do that to you...Besides, I know you like flowers...” That last was a little under her breath, and then she realized they were near the bed now. She turned, and let his weight drop towards the mattress. Unfortunately, she failed to take into consideration his drunken state, and the fact that he wasn't looking at all, and ended up caught in his arms. With a surprised squeak, she went down with him, until she was lying on top of him on her bed, her arm caught underneath him. Her eyes widened as her hair fell across his face, and she felt like her cheeks were on fire.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Ember

Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:58 pm

There she was, where she belonged - right in his arms. He smiled, his eyes still closed, his legs over the edge of the bed. His feet touched the floor, but that was okay, because she was there with him. Even in his intoxicated state, he knew it would be alright because Nimmy was there. His smiled turned into a grin, and from that grin came a pleased curl of a sound as his fingers brushed long tangles of hair from her face. He looked up at her, and as he did, holding hair from face, and even if he couldn't see her because of his eyes being closed...

"I love you..." Said again, twice now, and in his mind it was the truth, it was shaped from his heart where it had rested for so long. "And my eyes are closed so it means forever." He wrapped his arms around her, hair be damned, and pulled her down to give her a tight, warm embrace. "If we stay like this, I won't have to go away. Thems the rules."

— Ray Bradbury —
Slasher

Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:35 pm

She sighed a little as his hands moved against her hair, and took advantage of his closed eyes to just stare at him a bit. She could never forget what he looked like, no matter how long he might be away, but she could still take advantage of the chance to admire him when she got it. But then words spilled from his lips, and her heart plummeted to her feet(which was talented, since she was flopped atop him). Her breath caught as he continued talking, feeling his arms wrap around her, squeeze. She lay her head down on his chest, just letting herself bask in the moment.

She knew he was drunk, being silly, but...He also probably wouldn't remember any of it anyways. Wriggling in his arms a little, she smiled, ”Alright, Cat...But you like breaking the rules, sometimes, when it's necessary...” Shifting a little, she slid out a bit from his embrace, standing back up and eyeing his horizontal form. Ducking down, she grabbed a boot, “Come on, let's take care of you.”[/b] She removed his boots, and started to lift his leg up to get him more onto the bed.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage