A Second Dulcet Dance - Ember | K'rios

Not the large stone caverns that Weyr people are used to, these are buildings built on the top of the cliff, sometimes referred to as the Weyr Cliff. These buildings are all the same size, with multiple apartments for dragonriders to live in in each building. Because of space constraints, dragons sleep in large pavilions built around the dragonrider apartments.
Shaihulud
Pronouns: She/Her They/Them

Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:00 am

Once the startled look sprung in his eyes, Solai hesitated and wondered if she had made the right choice. Honestly, she did not mean to pry, though how could she not when the conversation so easily stood out to her? After all, both parties were within "ear" shot.

"I'm feeling soft, comfortable, "of a state", here in your company. He believes that is a mistake, leaving myself open like that, considering the last time I allowed myself to feel "sentimental" about someone it didn't end well." She saw the way his eyes shifted down to their hands. Despite the surprise, her hands did not leave his own. Instead, her fingers grazed along his palms in assurance. "It isn't something he needs to worry about. As I told him, I don't intend to make that mistake a again."

"I'm sorry it didn't end well," she answered honestly. The greenrider offered him a soft smile, for all there was a touch of sadness. His remarks reminded her of her own sentimentalities that had ended poorly, thus she understood his reluctance to repeat the mistake. "Though... I am flattered you feel that way. Always happy to help."
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:13 am

He saw the look on her face, thought maybe she might not understand, and gave her fingers a squeeze. Did he tell her what he was thinking? Would she be receptive to it or not? They'd only been in a flight or two together, nothing more. But even so, he was willing to put things out there, and let it be known how he felt, and whether it bit him in the ass in the end or not, at least he'd know rather than not and could go from there.

"Truthfully, Solai... I genuinely wouldn't mind spending more time with you." She still had his hands, and his own, larger by far, turned to caress them softly from fingertip to wrist. "I said I wouldn't make that mistake again, yes? There would be no mistake in trusting you." His hands returned to a more holding of the fingers position, where they would remain out of respect to her. And then he waited, and hoped he hadn't just placed them both on a line.

Please visit the above link for a list of my current
characters, links to their profiles, to see what
they look like, and find other little facts about them!

[ Marks Tracker | Graphics Shop | NPC Archive ]

“You fail only if you stop writing.”
— Ray Bradbury —
Shaihulud

Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:35 am

The squeeze of his fingers was answered in kind, though if she could read his mind as well, she might honestly have been startled.

But she did not have too. Rather than let her wonder what danced in his thoughts, he opened himself up fully to her. "Truthfully, Solai... I genuinely wouldn't mind spending more time with you."

Her body quivered with the way he touched her, caressing her wrists. All to easily did the body recall the delights they had so recently experienced... even if the mind was still reaching back to recall it all.

Angela would destroy her if she knew.

"I said I wouldn't make that mistake again, yes? There would be no mistake in trusting you."

There was no masking the look of surprise that marked her countenance. How could she not feel such a way when they had spent so little time with one another. Yes, they had only been through two flights together, and yes, they did enjoy one another's company during those rare dinners among wingmates, yet she could honestly say she hardly knew the man. Though... perhaps that was the point. She felt the very thing he spoke of, an undeniable chemistry that it seemed their dragons had long ago caught onto. Maybe that was the reason for Iktomith's second success.

"I... keep telling myself I shouldn't, but I do feel the same way." She meant it for all a part of her realised it was impulsive to say so, but then again, sometimes the greatest things happened with a choice made in the moment. A blush and smile escaped her with the small confession, but she managed to anchor herself properly before the sentimentality swept them both away entirely. "But!... but..." she glanced away, looking at the sheets, the window, the bed frame, needing to look away from the man before she let his blue eyes with that distinct fleck of brown sweep her away from their senses, "We do still hardly know each other, so I think we need to fix that first before anything else."
Ember

Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:58 am

The first thing to touch him was elation; the knowledge that she had feelings similar to his own, the knowledge that they could do something about their shared feelings for one another. But then she had started to say something that was quite the opposite, refused to look at him, and in fact tried to look at anything but in his general direction.

It didn't take her long to finally speak though, and he felt such relief, and that smile of his returned to his face. He gave her hands another squeeze and nodded in his agreement. "I'm more than happy with an arrangement like that." Getting to know her, allowing her to get to know him, would be an equal pleasure in his opinion.

"So, now that we have that taken care of," his smile widened a pinch. "What would you have me do next? I can leave if you'd prefer, and we can meet up later if you'd like, or I can stay and get you something to eat and we can continue to chat." He wouldn't push or pressure her though, but regardless, he knew he was looking forward to more time in her company.

— Ray Bradbury —
Shaihulud

Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:16 am

When she dared to turn her gaze back at him, and saw the way that smile lit his eyes once more, Solai quietly admitted that she could honestly get use to that look he gave her, especially when she realised the reason for it.

"I'm more than happy with an arrangement like that."

The greenrider regarded him in turn, worrying at her lower lip in excitement over the prospect of getting to know him. Though she also had another she would be sure to speak to when she had the chance. From what she recalled, Ao'mek and K'rios came from the same class, and they both seemed rather familiar with one another during wing drills. Maybe the bluerider could give her some insight into K'rios... beyond what the pewterrider showed her. Solai had faith K'rios was a good man, though she trusted Ao'mek to be honest with her if she was wrong.

"So, now that we have that taken care of-" Solai could not help but laugh, for they had indeed figured that part out "-What would you have me do next? I can leave if you'd prefer, and we can meet up later if you'd like, or I can stay and get you something to eat and we can continue to chat."

Her autumn eyes looked down to the guitar in her lap, only to turn back up to the man with a smirk. "Well... I was about to show you a few chords on the guitar." The bright grin she gave him slipped into a tender smile. "I did mean what I said about teaching you how to play a lullaby for your baby." If he meant it when he asked about learning, she was more than willing to teach him now.

But what about Angela?

Well, she did not have to say anything just yet. While enough had changed that Solai felt it worth retuning her relationships with individuals like Ao'mek and A'ric, she knew it was too soon to say a word to Angela about the developments. Given some time to get to know the man and decide whether or not she really wanted to go down the path of a romantic relationship with him, then she would tell Angela. Until then, she would gently redirect the girl's affections.
Ember

Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:04 pm

He's a bit absent minded right now. Iktomith explained in a droll manner, which made his rider roll his eyes sharply. If I had the ability to find anything adorable, he might be it. K'rios didn't bother responding, but that was okay, the pewter didn't expect a response of any kind. Instead, he just sat back, amused with his rider and curled around the green that had chosen him for a second time.

"You can ignore him." K'rios insisted, shifting closer and holding out his hands for the guitar, ready for his lesson and eager to learn now that he'd had the reminder. "He thinks its funny to tease, because he enjoys poking at me."

And you wouldn't have me any other way.

"On the contrary." That got Iktomith to hush in a sudden and sharp manner that made the man grin, though they both knew that what he said was the furthest thing form the truth. He just felt a moment of success before sending his mindmate an apology and a caress of love against his mind.

With that all out of the way, he smiled at her and tipped his head. "Yes though, I'm still wanting to learn. If its something I could teach Norissa as well, in word song at least, that would be lovely. She's eager to teach her baby sibling things as well."

— Ray Bradbury —
Shaihulud

Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:13 am

He's a bit absent minded right now.

Solai shook her head with a chuckle and remembered the fact his dragon could be a bit of a prick from time to time, a loveable one, but a prick nonetheless.

If I had the ability to find anything adorable, he might be it.

"You can ignore him." The pewterrider shifted closer to her, ready for his lesson. "He thinks its funny to tease, because he enjoys poking at me."

Politely, Solai reached over and fixed the sheets pooled in his laps to make sure he was still adequately covered. There would be plenty of time for that later, but for now, Solai would hold true to her word, and give them both a chance to get to know each other first. However, that did not mean she did not steal a glimpse of the forbidden when he moved. She had to tell herself over and over not to repeat those things they had done when under the effects of intoxicating flight lust.

Still, she could not entirely remember the time shared together, though she had glimpses of memory, pieces here and there. What she did manage to recall was enough to make any woman's blood to run hot if only for but a moment.

And you wouldn't have me any other way.

"On the contrary."

You really certain you want him to keep catch you, Ty? she asked of her green playfully.

Her dragon crooned back in turn and nuzzled the her mate, assuaging him of the prickle to his pride after his rider's jesting remarks. Tyreth laved at his neck lovingly, You should behave yourself more around Solai. You're only encouraging her, and she is behaving so nicely right now with K'rios. However, unlike Iktomith, the green reserved her thoughts for her mate and her rider. Though diplomatic, she was also cautious about whom she shared her thoughts with.

Though Solai was told to ignore the pewter, how could she when she found herself so horribly amused by him. "Well... I could... Though I must admit I find puppies cuter. No offence." She winked at the man in a tease while her thoughts reached back to his dragon in amusement. You're a wicked thing, aren't you. I can tell why Ty likes you so much. And here I thought she just fancied you because you were a pewter. In all honesty, Solai enjoyed the dragon as well, if only because he appealed to the more devious facets of her nature.

"Yes though, I'm still wanting to learn. If its something I could teach Norissa as well, in word song at least, that would be lovely. She's eager to teach her baby sibling things as well."

"I will have to think on that..." though now Solai began to shift from playful to focused as she paid one more glance at his hands. "Left handed?" she confirmed. She remembered the writers bump and was almost certain. When she handed him the guitar, she made sure to keep in mind what hand he favoured, and reminded herself that she would have to teach him the chords... backwards...
Ember

Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:23 pm

You should behave yourself more around Solai. You're only encouraging her, and she is behaving so nicely right now with K'rios.

The pewter huffed softly under his breath, and when he spoke, it was for his mate alone, choosing this time to avoid speaking to either of their riders. Perhaps she's as fun for me to poke at as my rider, though I would choose not to receive the barbs she so "kindly" throws in my direction, as it were. A prick, though he was, but a lovable one as Solai had so recently though.

"Left handed?"

K'rios gave his head a nod and flexed his fingers. He'd tried once when he was younger to teach himself how to write with both hands, but that had ended in a disaster of spilled ink that still stained the floor of that particular crafting workshop. He smiled at the memory for a brief moment before again giving his fingers a little wriggle. "This is going to be a bit difficult for you, isn't it? The opposite of what you happen to be?" He offered an apologetic smile, even knowing it was of no fault of his own.

— Ray Bradbury —
Shaihulud

Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:45 pm

Even whenin shielding his words, Solai caught Iktomith's response. Dropping eaves, as she did, was one of her many joys in life. Dragons might loath it, but Solai loved it.

Tyreth nuzzled her mate in assurance, assuaging him of whatever annoyance may have lingered from her rider's remark. I would say I taught her how to wield those barbs, but she was always prickly, even as a child. Tyreth would know; she had Impressed to Solai when her rider was merely the tender age of nine.

To her question, K'rios nodded in return, confirm Solai's suspicions.

"This is going to be a bit difficult for you, isn't it? The opposite of what you happen to be?"

She heard the apology in his voice as she shifted by his right side and brought herself up to her knees. The posture provided her a better with view of his fingers along the neck of the guitar, and the frets that they rested on. "Don't worry about it," she chuckled in turn. "It's not as hard as it seems." Reaching up, her hand settled on his shoulder, guiding his hand with a gentle push of his arm so that his fingers to touch the strings over the sound hole. "Have you ever played a guitar before?" she asked him as her opposing hand settled upon the one that held the neck. She guided the fingers towards the proper fret, and gave herself a moment to think of the first chord.

Today, she would teach him a song for his daughter. Already, she knew the one. It was an old folk song out of the mountains of Ruatha.
Ember

Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:16 am

I would say I taught her how to wield those barbs, but she was always prickly, even as a child.

True, the pewter thought, though he didn't know of the Impression that the green was speaking of. In fact, he couldn't recall that far back even form his rider's memory though his rider wasn't considering that specific moment at present. Then perhaps you can appreciate that I must keep K'rios on his feet. If I don't, then who will?

"Have you ever played a guitar before?"

He shook his head at that. It was the one thing he could say for certain that he'd never done before. "Never." He allowed her to move him, ignored the shivers of delight from her fingers on his skin and tried his best to focus on the lesson instead. "But I'm a good student, I learn quickly enough." It was a promise he made that he knew he could keep to her.

— Ray Bradbury —