A Second Dulcet Dance - Ember | K'rios

Not the large stone caverns that Weyr people are used to, these are buildings built on the top of the cliff, sometimes referred to as the Weyr Cliff. These buildings are all the same size, with multiple apartments for dragonriders to live in in each building. Because of space constraints, dragons sleep in large pavilions built around the dragonrider apartments.
Shaihulud
Pronouns: She/Her They/Them

Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:28 pm

Season - Early Spring
Time - Early Afternoon
Location - Atricis Weyr, Solai's Apartment

Wingrider Solai and Green Dragon Tyreth

It would mark Tyreth's fourth flight. After a long and satisfying night of sleep, the green made the taunting choice of taking to the skies at the crack of dawn. Before the watch dragon could call out the first hour of the morning, Tyreth trumpeted out her salacious intentions, and took swiftly to the skies. The flock of eager dragons greeted the rising sun from the vast gilded expanse of blue, letting its rays gift them with a renewed bastions of energy as Tyreth put them on a dizzying chase. For those who pursued the nimble green on her flight from months ago, they quickly found that the green had learned from former mistakes. She certainly did not make things easy, even for a certain pewter who had won her during her previous ascension.

Still, even with age and experience seasoning her wings, Tyreth decided to favour a former mate over the rest. It was for this reason that the name Iktomith escaped the green once she was ready to be caught. The very name was an utterance of permission, one that was supported by Solai who surged up to ensnare K'rios' lips in a devious kiss.

But only under the trance of flight lust did Solai enjoy the man's company. During their previous encounter, while certainly teasing, Solai limited their time together to strictly savour their dragons' dalliance with one another. It would seem this time was no different. However, rather than practice the typical etiquette expected of a flight mate, Solai felt close enough to the pewterrider to greet him with something new when they awoke from their flight induced sleep. While K'rios still slept, Solai slipped out of bed and found his tunic upon the floor. She slipped it over her torso, and then retrieved her guitar. With caution did she return to the bed, and only after fingers pressed upon the neck of the instrument for the first chord did her opposing hand pluck the sweet notes from the guitar to rouse the man from sleep.

The chords rang out like a gentle dance to the ear, the notes twining together as sensually as their dragons had in the skies hours earlier. Though Solai could not say exactly why she had committed to such an act, she would say it was to be nice to the man who had treated her so well during these last two flights.

Once she spotted the faintest shimmer in his eyes that indicated he had awoken, she smiled warmly back at him. "Good afternoon sweetheart," she smiled playfully at him, yet the notes of her guitar did not still, and instead continued on their melodious dance for their ears alone.

Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:48 pm

"Good afternoon sweetheart,"

He smiled up at her, noticed how she was wearing his tunic and found it utterly delightful. As she continued to play though, he said nothing, choosing instead to enjoy this morning performance, this morning vision she had on display for him. He did shift though, slid an arm under his head and allowed himself a better look upon her. It made things all the more enjoyable.

You think you're having enjoyment?

Aye... but yours differs from mine. He chuckled and felt warmth radiate from the pewter. That brilliant sensation filled him with fire, and he reached over to flicker his fingers along the hem of the tunic she wore. Enjoy yourself equally my friend. Perhaps next time Tyreth will take a fancy to you once again.

He continued to run his thumb along the fabric he held, hoping she would not mind, not in any rush to have the garment returned to him. In truth, he found it looked better on her than it did on him. As her beautiful song came to an equally beautiful end, he smiled and gave his head a tip, having sat up just enough in order to do so. "Good afternoon to you as well, darling. Now that I'm awake, and you've given me such a delightfully sweet song to rouse me, is there anything I can get for you in return?"

Dirce L'van D'kellen D'ante V'ric Na'vi K'rios J'on
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Fali'vas Koda'vis Melangell Cataren Sianca Feraliss Yaranavexa Rathiran

Compendium | NPC Archive | Wanted Connections | Marks Tracker | Emporium

[ Threads Wanted ]

“It's better to write something, anything, than to starve the monster. The monster must feed. And it will feed on your soul if not your words. Its appetite is insatiable. Write to save yourself from the monster.”
― Don Roff ―
Shaihulud

Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:30 pm

Like a seasonal breeze of autumn that crept into the air at the end of summer, the music made its sweet entrance with its gentle dance of murmurations. Each note swayed and fell in peace, only to crescendo once more when the passion of the melody swelled.

You think you're having enjoyment?

A serene smile broadened ever so slightly upon her docile countenance when she caught Iktomith's remark. I do hope he is. I know I am, she slipped the sweet thought back to Iktomith. Small hands certainly did not make the enjoyment easy for Solai to perform. The complicated chords required much finesse of the hand. Fortunately, turns of practice at her father's side helped Solai stretch those delicate digits across the neck of her guitar to achieve the perfect notes that her opposing hand plucked.

Her bedmate certainly was a big man compared to the lithe greenrider, which showed in the way Solai nearly swam in his own attire. The collar hung off one shoulder and dipped low on the opposite side, exposing a shapely bicep. She might be small, but she was certainly strong. After two flights now shared with K'rios, the pewterrider might likely have become aware of this fact during those more energetic bouts when dragons twined.

While some might consider his gesture subtle, Solai did catch the way his fingers brushed against the very fabrics of his tunic. She paid the man a glance with the coyest smile. Yes, I know what you're doing K'rios, she thought, but she said not a word as fingers continued their little dance across the ringing strings of her guitar. Did she like the advance? Solai would be a liar if she said no, but she was not about to admit to it when such a confession might be misconstrued as a breach of loyalty. After all, Solai had not denied K'rios of an encore in their previous flight together because she disliked him. If anything, her little performance for him whispered quite the opposite, even if she refused to ever say it.

Fingers slowed with those final notes, drawing out those dying chords until the room fell still once more.

"Good afternoon to you as well, darling. Now that I'm awake, and you've given me such a delightfully sweet song to rouse me, is there anything I can get for you in return?"

Autumn eyes regarded him, her smile ever present. Tempted by K'rios' demeanour, Solai toyed with her answer, debating whether to act in a suggestive manner, or a playful one. Then again, she wanted to be able to interact with K'rios during wing drills without a shred of shame or regret. "No," she answered, her voice as dulcet as her song. Fingers changed the chord, sliding up the guitar neck with the faintest whisper before she strummed another note to tantalise his senses. "Not unless you'd like to play instead." Did he know how to play the guitar?

Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:10 am

"Not unless you'd like to play instead."

He wished he could answer her on the positive. His fingers knew how to work metal, though it had been a while since he'd been in a forge. A shame, and one he would have to correct soon. It would be a nice way - aside from the obvious - to release a little pressure and relax. A smile lit up his face and he gave a regretful shake of his head. "I'm afraid I never learned. There are other craftlines I can tell you I know, but the guitar isn't one of them."

Hopefully that wouldn't effect spending time with her. He didn't think this would lead to anything and besides, he was Weyrbred; he knew things were about fun, and he was smart enough not to wear his heart on his sleeve. But Solai was a good woman, and he wouldn't mind spending more time in her company, especially if Tyreth continued to favor Iktomith during her flights.

"I wouldn't mind learning from you sometime though. That way, should Iktomith ever catch Tyreth's attention again, perhaps I can serenade you with a fine guitar song in return." The thought of being able to return the favor was a nice one in his mind.

Dirce L'van D'kellen D'ante V'ric Na'vi K'rios J'on

Fali'vas Koda'vis Melangell Cataren Sianca Feraliss Yaranavexa Rathiran

Compendium | NPC Archive | Wanted Connections | Marks Tracker | Emporium

[ Threads Wanted ]

“It's better to write something, anything, than to starve the monster. The monster must feed. And it will feed on your soul if not your words. Its appetite is insatiable. Write to save yourself from the monster.”
― Don Roff ―
Shaihulud

Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:32 am

"I'm afraid I never learned. There are other craftlines I can tell you I know, but the guitar isn't one of them."

She gave him a playful frown, yet her fingers never stilled. They pulled the occasional note from the instrument to entertain their ears. In all honesty, she hoped he would not leave immediately. There was a peace to be found in the present of a good flight partner long after the rush of lust had subsided.

"I wouldn't mind learning from you sometime though. That way, should Iktomith ever catch Tyreth's attention again, perhaps I can serenade you with a fine guitar song in return."

Now that was a dangerous offer, one that was sorely tempting. He was right, however. Now that Tyreth had picked the pewter twice, there was a strong possibility she would likely favour him again... and again... Four flights into maturation, and Tyreth had only been caught by two pewters. Not only did the green seem to appreciate the silver sheen, but she also seemed to appreciate consistency as well.

And yet...

"I could teach you... but I don't think she would like that very much..." She... Yes, she, a very important she. Solai loved the she in question, would do anything for her, even if it meant keeping herself away from K'rios for the meantime. The faintest frown formed before a smile returned to her features for the pewterrider alone. "It is very much a tempting thought though." Did Solai dare to break the confidence of the she in question? Solai refrained during their previously flight together, but now Solai was far more tempted.

However, the greenrider did have a conscience and a will strong enough to shut the secret away by changing the topic... only slightly. "Aside from wanting to play guitar, what else is there to know about you? This is the second time we've enjoyed ourselves, maybe it's better that we get to know each other." What sort of man are you, K'rios? "You're in my wing, you are an assistant candidate master, but where do you come from? Do you have a craft? A mate? Kids?... Hobbies?" A chuckle escaped her as she struck a playful note for him. "Or you one of those boring sorts with no life of his own?"

Image x4 - counted