A Second Dulcet Dance - Ember | K'rios

Not the large stone caverns that Weyr people are used to, these are buildings built on the top of the cliff, sometimes referred to as the Weyr Cliff. These buildings are all the same size, with multiple apartments for dragonriders to live in in each building. Because of space constraints, dragons sleep in large pavilions built around the dragonrider apartments.
Shaihulud
Pronouns: She/Her They/Them

Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:28 pm

Season - Early Spring
Time - Early Afternoon
Location - Atricis Weyr, Solai's Apartment

Wingrider Solai and Green Dragon Tyreth

It would mark Tyreth's fourth flight. After a long and satisfying night of sleep, the green made the taunting choice of taking to the skies at the crack of dawn. Before the watch dragon could call out the first hour of the morning, Tyreth trumpeted out her salacious intentions, and took swiftly to the skies. The flock of eager dragons greeted the rising sun from the vast gilded expanse of blue, letting its rays gift them with a renewed bastions of energy as Tyreth put them on a dizzying chase. For those who pursued the nimble green on her flight from months ago, they quickly found that the green had learned from former mistakes. She certainly did not make things easy, even for a certain pewter who had won her during her previous ascension.

Still, even with age and experience seasoning her wings, Tyreth decided to favour a former mate over the rest. It was for this reason that the name Iktomith escaped the green once she was ready to be caught. The very name was an utterance of permission, one that was supported by Solai who surged up to ensnare K'rios' lips in a devious kiss.

But only under the trance of flight lust did Solai enjoy the man's company. During their previous encounter, while certainly teasing, Solai limited their time together to strictly savour their dragons' dalliance with one another. It would seem this time was no different. However, rather than practice the typical etiquette expected of a flight mate, Solai felt close enough to the pewterrider to greet him with something new when they awoke from their flight induced sleep. While K'rios still slept, Solai slipped out of bed and found his tunic upon the floor. She slipped it over her torso, and then retrieved her guitar. With caution did she return to the bed, and only after fingers pressed upon the neck of the instrument for the first chord did her opposing hand pluck the sweet notes from the guitar to rouse the man from sleep.

The chords rang out like a gentle dance to the ear, the notes twining together as sensually as their dragons had in the skies hours earlier. Though Solai could not say exactly why she had committed to such an act, she would say it was to be nice to the man who had treated her so well during these last two flights.

Once she spotted the faintest shimmer in his eyes that indicated he had awoken, she smiled warmly back at him. "Good afternoon sweetheart," she smiled playfully at him, yet the notes of her guitar did not still, and instead continued on their melodious dance for their ears alone.

Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:48 pm

"Good afternoon sweetheart,"

He smiled up at her, noticed how she was wearing his tunic and found it utterly delightful. As she continued to play though, he said nothing, choosing instead to enjoy this morning performance, this morning vision she had on display for him. He did shift though, slid an arm under his head and allowed himself a better look upon her. It made things all the more enjoyable.

You think you're having enjoyment?

Aye... but yours differs from mine. He chuckled and felt warmth radiate from the pewter. That brilliant sensation filled him with fire, and he reached over to flicker his fingers along the hem of the tunic she wore. Enjoy yourself equally my friend. Perhaps next time Tyreth will take a fancy to you once again.

He continued to run his thumb along the fabric he held, hoping she would not mind, not in any rush to have the garment returned to him. In truth, he found it looked better on her than it did on him. As her beautiful song came to an equally beautiful end, he smiled and gave his head a tip, having sat up just enough in order to do so. "Good afternoon to you as well, darling. Now that I'm awake, and you've given me such a delightfully sweet song to rouse me, is there anything I can get for you in return?"

Shaihulud

Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:30 pm

Like a seasonal breeze of autumn that crept into the air at the end of summer, the music made its sweet entrance with its gentle dance of murmurations. Each note swayed and fell in peace, only to crescendo once more when the passion of the melody swelled.

You think you're having enjoyment?

A serene smile broadened ever so slightly upon her docile countenance when she caught Iktomith's remark. I do hope he is. I know I am, she slipped the sweet thought back to Iktomith. Small hands certainly did not make the enjoyment easy for Solai to perform. The complicated chords required much finesse of the hand. Fortunately, turns of practice at her father's side helped Solai stretch those delicate digits across the neck of her guitar to achieve the perfect notes that her opposing hand plucked.

Her bedmate certainly was a big man compared to the lithe greenrider, which showed in the way Solai nearly swam in his own attire. The collar hung off one shoulder and dipped low on the opposite side, exposing a shapely bicep. She might be small, but she was certainly strong. After two flights now shared with K'rios, the pewterrider might likely have become aware of this fact during those more energetic bouts when dragons twined.

While some might consider his gesture subtle, Solai did catch the way his fingers brushed against the very fabrics of his tunic. She paid the man a glance with the coyest smile. Yes, I know what you're doing K'rios, she thought, but she said not a word as fingers continued their little dance across the ringing strings of her guitar. Did she like the advance? Solai would be a liar if she said no, but she was not about to admit to it when such a confession might be misconstrued as a breach of loyalty. After all, Solai had not denied K'rios of an encore in their previous flight together because she disliked him. If anything, her little performance for him whispered quite the opposite, even if she refused to ever say it.

Fingers slowed with those final notes, drawing out those dying chords until the room fell still once more.

"Good afternoon to you as well, darling. Now that I'm awake, and you've given me such a delightfully sweet song to rouse me, is there anything I can get for you in return?"

Autumn eyes regarded him, her smile ever present. Tempted by K'rios' demeanour, Solai toyed with her answer, debating whether to act in a suggestive manner, or a playful one. Then again, she wanted to be able to interact with K'rios during wing drills without a shred of shame or regret. "No," she answered, her voice as dulcet as her song. Fingers changed the chord, sliding up the guitar neck with the faintest whisper before she strummed another note to tantalise his senses. "Not unless you'd like to play instead." Did he know how to play the guitar?

Ember

Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:10 am

"Not unless you'd like to play instead."

He wished he could answer her on the positive. His fingers knew how to work metal, though it had been a while since he'd been in a forge. A shame, and one he would have to correct soon. It would be a nice way - aside from the obvious - to release a little pressure and relax. A smile lit up his face and he gave a regretful shake of his head. "I'm afraid I never learned. There are other craftlines I can tell you I know, but the guitar isn't one of them."

Hopefully that wouldn't effect spending time with her. He didn't think this would lead to anything and besides, he was Weyrbred; he knew things were about fun, and he was smart enough not to wear his heart on his sleeve. But Solai was a good woman, and he wouldn't mind spending more time in her company, especially if Tyreth continued to favor Iktomith during her flights.

"I wouldn't mind learning from you sometime though. That way, should Iktomith ever catch Tyreth's attention again, perhaps I can serenade you with a fine guitar song in return." The thought of being able to return the favor was a nice one in his mind.

Shaihulud

Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:32 am

"I'm afraid I never learned. There are other craftlines I can tell you I know, but the guitar isn't one of them."

She gave him a playful frown, yet her fingers never stilled. They pulled the occasional note from the instrument to entertain their ears. In all honesty, she hoped he would not leave immediately. There was a peace to be found in the present of a good flight partner long after the rush of lust had subsided.

"I wouldn't mind learning from you sometime though. That way, should Iktomith ever catch Tyreth's attention again, perhaps I can serenade you with a fine guitar song in return."

Now that was a dangerous offer, one that was sorely tempting. He was right, however. Now that Tyreth had picked the pewter twice, there was a strong possibility she would likely favour him again... and again... Four flights into maturation, and Tyreth had only been caught by two pewters. Not only did the green seem to appreciate the silver sheen, but she also seemed to appreciate consistency as well.

And yet...

"I could teach you... but I don't think she would like that very much..." She... Yes, she, a very important she. Solai loved the she in question, would do anything for her, even if it meant keeping herself away from K'rios for the meantime. The faintest frown formed before a smile returned to her features for the pewterrider alone. "It is very much a tempting thought though." Did Solai dare to break the confidence of the she in question? Solai refrained during their previously flight together, but now Solai was far more tempted.

However, the greenrider did have a conscience and a will strong enough to shut the secret away by changing the topic... only slightly. "Aside from wanting to play guitar, what else is there to know about you? This is the second time we've enjoyed ourselves, maybe it's better that we get to know each other." What sort of man are you, K'rios? "You're in my wing, you are an assistant candidate master, but where do you come from? Do you have a craft? A mate? Kids?... Hobbies?" A chuckle escaped her as she struck a playful note for him. "Or you one of those boring sorts with no life of his own?"

Image x4 - counted
Ember

Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:11 pm

"I could teach you... but I don't think she would like that very much..."

She? Who was this she in question? Tyreth? No, that couldn't possibly be it. Perhaps someone in Solai's life, though he had not the faintest idea of who that could possibly be. He frowned as he tried to further consider it, and in the end his mind was pulled away by her soft voice. Maybe it was for the best that he didn't know, though it was something that would eat at him for a little while. Iktomith, of course, was not being of any help on the matter.

"You're in my wing, you are an assistant candidate master, but where do you come from? Do you have a craft? A mate? Kids?... Hobbies? ..... Or you one of those boring sorts with no life of his own?"

He shifted again and sat up this time, making sure he was plenty covered even if they had known one another a little better for that now. This was something he could talk about enough, not because he was someone who was full of himself, but because she had mentioned something that was very important to him. "I do have a craft, in fact. I'm a smith, metal, Journeyman by trade. I still go to the forge from time to time, though with my time being drawn between work, Iktomith, and a personal matter or two, it isn't often that I get to escape there anymore." He smoothed his hands over the furs and contemplated the next thing to share with her, his face suddenly softening and looking a mite bit bright and happy. "I do have a daughter, and another child on the way. No mate, but my little girl, this new one... they're the lights of my life, and I'm certain Norissa was happier about becoming a big sister than I was about becoming a Papa again."

He thought about that moment for a moment, then rubbed the back of his neck and chuckled to himself. "I could go on and on about my daughter, about my excitement about this new child coming along, but I'll keep that tampered down, I promise." He would have honestly chattered her ear off about the subject of his little ones, how Norissa loved her dolls and bright colors, how he had hopes for another healthy child, no matter the gender, but he would save that for if she brought them up again, not wanting to swarm her. "As for where I come from, I'm actually Atrician by blood. Born in old Atricis, Impressed at old Atricis, transferred South with the lot to help with new Atricis. Parents were riders, died in Fall, found out later that my father was actually Weyrsecond L'van but," he shrugged. "I don't wave that around to my advantage. I've made my own way, and thankfully, we've build a respectful relationship up."

Which was good, considering how delighted Norissa was to have her Grandpapa in her life. He shrugged otherwise though. "I have a pet, a basilisk named Kipper, I like to keep myself active and fit through activities in the training yard and other sports, I have a slew of siblings through L'van, I honestly hope to spend the rest of my life within Atrician bounds. It's always been my home, and I'd like to think that it always will be." As far as hobbies went, he chuckled again and glanced at her. "My hobbies aren't all that exciting, truthfully. I used to be into partying, but I've realized as I've started to get older and become more Papa and less "young man", that isn't important to me anymore. Sure I enjoy a good roll, that's never going to change, but I like the idea of someday finding someone to settle down with..." He had thought he'd found that once before, but... He didn't let the frown and upset he felt show on his face. "You walk into my apartment, and it is littered with Norissa's toys and riding gear, books and other things. It's a... settled in spot. So hobbies are tending to lean towards more at home things more often than not. Reading, cooking, being with family, getting to the forge when I can."
Shaihulud

Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:45 pm

By the telling twitches upon his face, Solai was certain the the cogs in his brain ticked in deliberation over the she in question. For the meantime, however, Solai would speak not another word about the person. After all, in this moment, K'rios and Solai were about the enjoyment found in one another's company. Therefore, there was no need to dwell on third parties.

As he sat up, Solai appreciated the view. The furs might have pooled in his lap just right, but there was plenty of the man to admire.

"I do have a craft, in fact. I'm a smith, metal, Journeyman by trade. I still go to the forge from time to time, though with my time being drawn between work, Iktomith, and a personal matter or two, it isn't often that I get to escape there anymore." The way he slipped his hands over the furs caused her to glance at the curious digits, wondering just how calloused they might be from his craft. Would he be able to play a guitar despite his time as a smith? Was Solai willing to find out for all she would protest?

And then his face took on a more endearing look, one that the greenrider could only describe as loving. "I do have a daughter, and another child on the way. No mate, but my little girl, this new one... they're the lights of my life, and I'm certain Norissa was happier about becoming a big sister than I was about becoming a Papa again." Where he had two, Solai had none, not that she had cared to try just yet. After her time with K'rios, she would take a trip between as usual, just to be safe. It was not to say she did not want to have children, but she was simply not ready just yet.

With the way he rubbed his neck - that slight show of embarrassment mixed with loving pride for one's child - Solai could not help but quietly admit she liked him for it. Even a man like K'rios could succumb to moments of humility. "I could go on and on about my daughter, about my excitement about this new child coming along, but I'll keep that tampered down, I promise."

"Don't worry," she replied with a coy smile. Her fingers slid up the neck of the guitar as she played a second gentle song to match his retelling of proud fatherhood. It was meant to accompany to the pewterrider's words, rather than distract him from them. "If I minded, I wouldn't have asked."

"As for where I come from, I'm actually Atrician by blood. Born in old Atricis, Impressed at old Atricis, transferred South with the lot to help with new Atricis. Parents were riders, died in Fall, found out later that my father was actually Weyrsecond L'van, but I don't wave that around to my advantage. I've made my own way, and thankfully, we've build a respectful relationship up."

"Hmmm..." Solai's smile broadened at the thought. "Seems we're more similar that I thought. Born in Atricis, Impressed in Atricis, Weyrleader fathers, dragonrider parents..." She regarded the man with an inviting smile before turning back to the guitar she played for him. Along the strings her fingers danced, plucking several sweet and calming notes before ascending into the strum of a lovely chord.

And then it dawned on her... Did he Impress in the same clutch as Ao'mek? She turned a curious eye back to the man as she raked her thoughts for the memories that hibernated in her mind for over thirteen turns. She would have possessed a mere six turns at the time of his Impression, thus through the fog of age did she recall the faces and bonds. Safryn to Soquilith, Ao'mek to Tlamehath, N'kili to Omiimiith... and yes... a younger man, yet a man nonetheless, K'rios to Iktomith. Yes, I remember you now... Once she recalled the Impression, she recalled the man, young and fleeting about the weyr bowl. It actually stunned the greenrider that some of her early childhood memories involved this man, even if the vague recollections were merely of him and his dragon in passing. Yet four turns after his own Impression, Solai found herself bonded to Tyreth. She was very much a child then, just shy of her tenth nameday; now, Solai was fully woman, a wingmate, and, for but a few hours, a torrid lover driven by the overwhelming lust of her own dragon. All the while, she plucked the strings of her guitar with the thought of playing the part of his instructor. She merely played with it, mind you, but it was one of those rare moments when Solai was reminded of the fact that age truly was a number and nothing more.

"I have a pet, a basilisk named Kipper, I like to keep myself active and fit through activities in the training yard and other sports, I have a slew of siblings through L'van, I honestly hope to spend the rest of my life within Atrician bounds. It's always been my home, and I'd like to think that it always will be."

"I know what you mean," she answered sincerely, for her life would always belong to Atricis. She also had strong familial ties to the Weyr. With her own litter of siblings, Solai grew up in a large family. It would not have surprised the greenrider if she had several siblings hidden back in Benden. She might also have had others not through Ma'lek, but through her own biological father. But Solai did not enjoy thinking about that man. He had made his bed, and she would make sure he slept in it for eternity, knowing full well that Solai would hate him forever. But such unpleasant memories failed to sour her mood with K'rios. Instead, she enjoyed the man who mattered in the here and the now, rather than linger in thought on the one who did not.

"My hobbies aren't all that exciting, truthfully. I used to be into partying, but I've realized as I've started to get older and become more Papa and less "young man", that isn't important to me anymore. Sure I enjoy a good roll, that's never going to change, but I like the idea of someday finding someone to settle down with..."

Was that not everyone's dream? True love? Even Solai dared for such a dream for all it frightened her. She swore after Ivryn that never again would she let another person harm her, and yet... still she dared to dream. For now, however, she did enjoy that good roll, even if it felt a bit lonely from time to time. She was fortunate to have men like Ao'mek and A'ric... but they were just friends, and in the end they all knew they would never be anything more than that. Ao'mek never hid that fact from her, and while they were close friends, Solai knew they would never be anything but. A'ric was much the same. After his recent break up with Kitiara, Solai knew his heart would likely never take to her with intentions of love. He was certainly fun, driven by the want to play the field, but she knew it was a misplaced desire, a want to escape from that which he truly longed for, and would never find with her. And in all honesty, Solai did not know if she was capable or willing to love him in turn. If she was, she would not be speaking to K'rios as she did now, playing the pewterrider a little song.

"You walk into my apartment, and it is littered with Norissa's toys and riding gear, books and other things. It's a... settled in spot. So hobbies are tending to lean towards more at home things more often than not. Reading, cooking, being with family, getting to the forge when I can."

"Hence why you want to learn the guitar," Solai smiled back at him in a tease. Yet there was something genuine there akin to an offer. Looking to him, she could not help but reveal the dimples in her cheeks and turn back to her instrument to let the song slip into repeat. "I'll teach you, if that's what you really want, but it'll take some practice, K'rios. Given some time, maybe I can teach you a lullaby to play for your new little one when they're born." Autumn eyes lit at the prospect of such a thought, the father playing a song for the child. It reminded her very much of her own childhood, when Papa Ma'lek use to strum on his guitar for her. Recollections of the melodious love filled her with warmth and nostalgia. The promise of another generation raised with music was an endearing thought to the greenrider, especially when an image of the pewterrider doing such a thing played in her mind.

She brought the song to an end and let the instruments rest in her lap. "May I?" Solai extending her hands to him in askance that he lend her his own. She wanted to inspect them for instruction, to best understand his struggles and his strengths... if that was what he truly desired.
Ember

Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:25 am

She had listened, and for that he was truly grateful. Humbled even, if he were honest. The last person to have opened up for him in such a manner had been his father just a few days shy of last Turn's End, and it was an event he no longer cared to think about, of a person he no longer wished to see. It mattered a great deal to him, what Solai had just done, whether she knew it or not, and he would one day find a way to repay her kindness, though he knew not how he would do that when she might not even know that she'd done something that had dug into his chest and tapped lightly against his heart.

Feeling sentimental are you? Hm... not sure what to think about it, whether it suits you or not. Should I be worried? The last time you proclaimed things had cracked, from the way it looks in your head, you were not in a well state for days. He had not been, and it had been difficult, but he had come through it and was all the better for it. He would not make the mistake a second time. I should hope not.

At Solai's request, which came just a split moment after her song had ended and his focus had returned, K'rios pressed his hands forward, palms facing the sky. They were littered with callous and scar both, and might be difficult to work the strings of something as delicate as the guitar she was offering to teach him to play. But they were proof that he was a working man, a man unafraid to get his hands covered in the dirt of the earth in order to earn his keep and prove his worth. "I'm ready, for whatever it is you must do."
Shaihulud

Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:38 am

He would be right in his assumptions, for Solai had no idea her willingness to listen had proven so meaningful to him. To her, it felt right, therefore she gave him the ear he so clearly required. If she were honest, she might even admit to the fact she enjoyed the conversation, the disclosure shared between them that gave her a glimpse into the man's life.

Feeling sentimental are you? Hm... not sure what to think about it, whether it suits you or not. Should I be worried? The last time you proclaimed things had cracked, from the way it looks in your head, you were not in a well state for days. Immediately, she recognised the voice as Iktomith's, for she had come to hear the pewter often enough to know the source. That and the dragon had a particularity about him distinct to him alone.

As Solai took K'rios's hands, she looked up to regard him in surprise at his dragons remark. Sentimental? What for? It seemed that according to the pewter, such a feeling was not typical of the man who now sat before her. Thumbs brushed delicately along the his wrists as she gauged the look on K'rios's face, though she could not tell for the life of her what he thought back to the Iktomith.

I should hope not.

Shards, but onesided conversations were the worst, and now Solai found herself dying of curiosity. She tried her best not to give the game away as she inspected his hands, turning them this way and that to note the callouses, his scars, and the state of his nails... But her want to know got the better of her. "So why are you feeling 'sentimental'?" she asked outright, knowing full well what the question would mean to the pewterrider.
Ember

Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:50 am

He gave a start, shook and surprised as he was to be confronted by such a statement. And then it slowly dawned on him as to why she was able to pry such a thing from between himself and Iktomith, and he gave a slow nod, presented her with an even slower smile. There wasn't much offense that she had listened in - sometimes, it couldn't really be helped with those that could hear the dragonkin. And he had to admit, a part of him was glad to have been confronted by such a thing, to at least know that she was able to hear such things. Would it change how he communicated with Iktomith around her? Possibly, but then again, he couldn't really say - right in this moment, he was more curious than offended about it.

"I'm feeling soft, comfortable, "of a state", here in your company. He believes that is a mistake, leaving myself open like that, considering the last time I allowed myself to feel "sentimental" about someone it didn't end well." He lifted his shoulders and looked down at her hands, watched the paths her fingers took as they moved across his hands. "It isn't something he needs to worry about. As I told him, I don't intend to make that mistake a again."