Guitar Lessons - Kate | A'ric

Not the large stone caverns that Weyr people are used to, these are buildings built on the top of the cliff, sometimes referred to as the Weyr Cliff. These buildings are all the same size, with multiple apartments for dragonriders to live in in each building. Because of space constraints, dragons sleep in large pavilions built around the dragonrider apartments.
Shaihulud
Pronouns: She/Her They/Them

Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:31 am

”If you are going to be all smug about it, remind me not to compliment you too many times, don’t want t going to your head now, you know?”

She made a playful roll of her eyes. "Coming from the bronzerider who likes to humbly brag about being hot, you don't get to talk about ego." Lest he take offence, she sent him a playful wink. Of course, she did not entirely mean it. They were supposed to tease each other mercilessly. Was that not the point of enjoying each other's company? Though he had room to retort, she washed down the topic with a warm sip of wine nonetheless.

”Ok maybe you didn’t call me old, but you insinuated it.”

"I did not," she replied in turn, knowing full well he meant to tease her. Solai was more than happy to enjoy a pleasant banter of jokes and teases over a warm meal, especially with the bronzerider, though she would not dare let herself dwell on why.

”You are right, I AM too young to be an old dog. Thank you for thinking of something for me to do, I really appreciate it.”

Solai's eyes were keen enough to catch that flare against his cheek. "Are you blushing?" She asked in surprise. Before he could deny it, toes reached out from the crossed position on the couch to nudge his thigh. "You are! Faranth you are too cute when you blush like that." A'ric was too adorable, and Solai wanted to make sure he heard each and every precious word, if only to see that blush spread like wildfire across his countenance.
Kate

Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:39 am

Shaking his head and rolling his eyes playfully once more he said, "I don't brag. Everyone tells me how hot I am, and I just don't tell them any different." Ok, so that might not have been the WHOLE truth, but usually, he didn't say anything about how he looked, he was normally focused on the other person. Of course all of this was said with a lift and playful tone, and it made Aric grin even more. The bronze rider could always count on Solai to make him smile and laugh with her teasing him.

Shaking his head he raised his hands as if surrendering. ”Ok ok, I will let you win this time, but don’t think I will do it all the time.” Giving her another smirk he went back to eating once more. Besides the fact that the food was really good, A'ric had always been taught that you never leave food on your plate at someone else's home. Finally, his plate was clean, and he took another sip of his drink.

Unfortunately him eating had not stopped the conversation as Solai noticed the blush on his face. A'ric already knew he had a tendency to blush for the stupidest reasons sometimes, and of course, the young green rider could not help but tease him every chance she got about it. Feeling the nudge on his leg he just shook his head, trying not to get even more embarrassed. "Yes, I'm blushing. It was just very nice of you to think about me. Quit trying to make me blush more, it won't work." While he knew that was not one hundred percent true, he knew Solai would know it too, and know he was only teasing back.

"Alright, so, if you're serious, I guess I will have to really try my best to learn one of these musical instruments. Wouldn't want to disappoint you now would I?"
Image Image Image Image Image
Isiana & Andromedath | A'ric & Behemoth | K'uavaen & Synsith | Talen & Khonlen | Devyn & Isamuyn
Shaihulud

Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:33 pm

"Yes, I'm blushing. It was just very nice of you to think about me. Quit trying to make me blush more, it won't work."

Solai was on the verge of doing something incredibly outrageous to prove him wrong, but she feared that in pulling off her brazen stunt, she might scare the poor holdbred man out of her apartment. Rather than give into temptation of the plot that brewed in her thoughts, she gave him a devious smile gave but a hint of the unspoken, and then continued to nibble on her meal in knowing silence. At least she could satisfy herself with the knowledge that had she taken him up on the unintended challenge, she likely would have won. Truth be told, she suspected A'ric knew that little truth as well, for all the bronzerider might try to vehemently deny it.

"Alright, so, if you're serious, I guess I will have to really try my best to learn one of these musical instruments. Wouldn't want to disappoint you now would I?"

"You won't disappoint. Not like I'm expecting you to play a violin concerto or anything like that. Actually," she sipped at her wine, and then glanced at the instruments. "Unless you really wanted to learn the violin, I was going to show you the guitar. It's easier to play, and more straight forward. I might even get a song out of you by tonight if you catch on fast enough." She gave him a little wink, letting him take her remark about him and songs in whatever way he would like. Of course, it was all in good fun. Solai enjoyed a good jest, but she knew better than to act on it when he was very much a taken man.

Kate

Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:06 pm

Shocking as it was to the bronze rider, he was glad that the two of them had decided to sort of let the subject drop. Well, for now anyway. Eventually, he was sure she would be teasing him once again about him blushing. Or about something else entirely. It was just the way their relationship seemed to go, and quiet honestly, A'ric wouldn't trade it for anything.

Since he had met Solai, things had been different, and not always in a bad way. The green rider had made him see that Kit hadn't been the right person for him, and as much as the bronze rider had not enjoyed thinking about it, he had found himself wondering if that wasn't the case. Now obviously the green rider had not said it in spite or anything, and A'ric figured that was probably the only reason he had even been considering it. Who knew what the future held, maybe his friend would help him with even more things eventually.

Solai's voice reached him and he couldn't help but smile softly a bit. "Well thanks, I appreciate it." This time, he did not blush. Since he had already blushed so bad earlier, he doubted he would be able to blush anymore anyway. Raising an eyebrow slightly he smiled. "Guitar? That does sound easier than the violin. I think you're right, it would suit me a little better. I actually quiet likee the sound of being able to play it."

Taking another sip of his drink he chuckled to himself, and then grinned at her. "Are you going to teach me how to woo girls? Or is this strictly so that I can have something that I can say Im good at besides being a Wingleader?"

Isiana & Andromedath | A'ric & Behemoth | K'uavaen & Synsith | Talen & Khonlen | Devyn & Isamuyn
Shaihulud

Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:06 pm

A'ric sounded rather pleased by the idea of learning guitar, which, in turn, pleased Solai. Though she had never officially taught someone to play an instrument, she felt confident she could instruct A'ric, especially on the guitar. Really, there was not too much to it aside from learning how to read sheet music and chords, as well as strumming patterns. Aside from that, if he practiced enough, he would get the hang of it in no time.

"Are you going to teach me how to woo girls? Or is this strictly so that I can have something that I can say Im good at besides being a Wingleader?"

Solai paused in her meal, and regarded the man for a moment. Clearly, he meant it in jest, yet at the same time, it came as quite a surprise to her. Was he not bound to another? While Solai understood the nature of their relationship, she thought A'ric was committed to making it a one on one affair. "Why would I teach you how to woo the girls when you already have one?" she asked the obvious with a sip of her wine. Did this mean he was having a change of heart? Yet once more she did remind herself he might mean it entirely as a joke.

Still, A'ric did not seem like the joking type about matters of the heart.

Kate

Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:09 pm

For a moment, Aric had not even realized what the words were that had come out of his mouth. Once it dawned on him, especially when Solai spoke, the bronze rider could not help but frown just a little. Did this mean that deep down, he already knew how everything was going to work out? No, that couldn’t be. He had only just begun toying with the idea of talking to Kit and seeing where this all went.

Shrugging he said, ” I guess I just wasn’t thinking about that. I guess maybe deep down I am preparing myself for what might happen if and when Kit and I finally have this talk.”

Ok, so this had turned awkward. Clearing his throat, dark eyes looked at Solai for a moment before quickly thinking of something to say to change the subject. ”Anyway, I don’t really want to think about that right now, so what do you say we get started on this lesson?” Alright, obviously not the smoothest of topic transistions but he had been thinking about tbhaf too much lately and didn’t really want to think about it right now. He wanted to give himself a break from it and then maybe he could clear his mind and finally make a decision about what he wanted to do.

Shaihulud

Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:19 pm

Solai tried not to think too hard on the obvious answer, and yet the curiosity took hold of her nonetheless. It was not for the fact she genuinely liked the rider, but more so for the reason that she wanted to make sure he was happy. If their initial conversation in the dining hall led him to want to reconsider his relationship for the better, then Solai would absolutely support him, and even encourage him. If the conversation simply sowed unnecessary doubt, while it was a healthy conversation to have, Solai would feel awful if it left the poor man miserable in the aftermath.

”I guess I just wasn’t thinking about that. I guess maybe deep down I am preparing myself for what might happen if and when Kit and I finally have this talk.”

So he did plan on speaking with his lover, this "Kit", whom Solai had come to understand meant "Kitiara", the mother to her nephew Jeriko. Solai honestly had no idea what to think of the woman, though she certainly heard about her reputation. Still, the young greenrider would only judge the Kitiara if she genuinely hurt A'ric with her natural tendencies of promiscuity.

”Anyway, I don’t really want to think about that right now, so what do you say we get started on this lesson?”

Rather than hesitate, Solai abandoned her fork on her plate and reached out to set a hand on A'ric's forearm. "We don't have to talk about it, and I am okay with just moving onto music. But... do know that if you do want to talk about it, this is a safe space for you. Everything you say is said in confidence. I promise." She gave him a brush of her thumb as fingers gave the slightest squeeze of support.

Kate

Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:20 pm

Even though the bronze rider had said he didn’t want to talk about it, he couldn’t quiet keep his mind from going back there, no matter how hard he tried. Being together with someone for a few Turns like he and Kit has been, it was bound to make you a little anxious and probably even a bit depressed to even be thinking about ending it. Aric had found that he had really developed feelings for her. Honestly it had kind of snuck up on him. At first, it had all kind of just been fun and games, but the longer they were together, the more he realized that he had fallen for Kit.

Now, unfortunately he couldn’t know if Kit has fallen for him. The zultaniterider was stilll her normal permiscuous self, although he had to admit that lately he had been noticing that she didn’t really go to other guys much anymore. Seemed like she preferred his company more than anyone else. That made him feel slightly better, but he still couldn’t be sure how she exactly felt about him. If he had to venture a guess, he would probably say that she most certainly cared about him but he was definitely not certain that he could say she actually loved him.

The only time he was able to take his mind off of it once more was when Solai spoke to him again. Again the man could not help but think about what a good friend the green rider was turning out to be. When her hand gave his a gentle squeeze, his own hand returned the gesture and a small, thankful smile came to his face.

”Thank you Solai, I really truly appreciate that.” Glancing over at the guitar he couldn’t help himself. Smiling brightly he smirked and said,”Alright, time to have some fun and learn something new. Let’s get to it.”

Shaihulud

Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:59 pm

He appeared receptive to Solai's offer, but ultimately, he did not want to discuss it. ”Thank you Solai, I really truly appreciate that. Alright, time to have some fun and learn something new. Let’s get to it.”

Who was she to press him? Though she certainly believed herself to be a friend of his, one who naturally felt the concern for his emotional needs, she was not about to push for a cathartic release. Men opened up on their own terms, revealing the vulnerabilities of their hearts when they could bear it no more. Solai knew them well enough to respect those boundaries. And if he never spoke? She would not push him to. When he was ready to whisper his worries, or sob over the outcome, Solai would be there, and not a moment too early.

On his terms.

"All right, let's get to it," she concurred with a sip of her wine. She set the glass down, and slipped off the couch to the side of the table to retreat the instrument of interest. "So you've never handled one of these before?" she asked as she set the guitar in her lap and plucked the strings one by one to confirm each one was tuned. She twisted the nobs one by one, treating them with care as she fined tuned the instrument to match the pitch that hummed in her mind.

Kate

Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:43 am

Dark eyes shone with a little bit of silent thanks as the green rider decided not to try and press him into talking about anything. Honestly he had figured she wouldn’t, and he was ultimately glad that he had assumed right. Besides that, he was not really one to even really talk about his feelings all that much anyway. Hell, he loves Kit but if something was wrong, he rarely told her. Usually he would just deal with whatever it was, unless it directly concerned her, obviously. Sometimes he felt like since he was a man, he always had to not whine and be the calm and brave one and such all the time.

As Solai picked up the guitar, and spoke to him, the bronze rider quickly shook his head. ”Nope, I’ve never even held one before. I always kind of wanted to, but just never did. I’m actually really glad I’m getting the chance to now.”

Eyes took in everything she was doing at the moment although he was sure he would forget some of the stuff she taught him until he did it enough times himself. Usually he was a quick learner, but even quick learners did not learn everything in one session. Smiling at her he said, ”So, what’s the first thing I need to know about playing one of these?”

Image x5