A Rare Gesture of Apology - Ao'mek | Parker

Not the large stone caverns that Weyr people are used to, these are buildings built on the top of the cliff, sometimes referred to as the Weyr Cliff. These buildings are all the same size, with multiple apartments for dragonriders to live in in each building. Because of space constraints, dragons sleep in large pavilions built around the dragonrider apartments.
Shaihulud
Pronouns: She/Her They/Them

Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:19 pm

Wingrider Solai and Green Dragon Tyreth

After a heated exchange with the bluerider she once considered her friend, Solai disappeared entirely from Ao'mek's company. Only during wing drills did the good-natured man catch a glimpse of the elusive greenrider, but never did she look in his direction, refusing him even the faintest acknowledgement, and once they concluded their work, she disappeared entirely from sight once again. For two sevendays did Solai's stubbornness endure, but it was in the middle of the third week that Solai finally gave the man a glimpse of recognition. As Ay'li paced the line between the two halves of her Wing, Solai passed a glance across the ranks to see Ao'mek among the line of the opposing half of the Wing. With each passing day, it seemed Solai's wilfulness had softened. By the last day of drills before the rest day, Solai carried enough of the burden of guilt and regret to let it reveal itself to Ao'mek when she regarded him across the rank of riders.

What had caused the greenrider to break, she would not entirely say, though it likely had to do with a talk she had with her meddling brownrider uncle, Mul'rec. Once uttered, his words seeded themselves deep itself her conscience, and rooted into every inch of her hardened demeanour. A sevenday after her argument with the brownrider, Solai had finally come to realise she had been in the wrong that night when she gave Ao'mek his public tongue lashing.

It was for this reason that Solai found herself at the bluerider's door, knocking upon the heavy slab, and in cold silence, she waited for him to answer.
Parker
Site Admin
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him

Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:43 pm

After the argument he and Solai had had at the feast Ao'mek had been a bit more down than usual. Alright, that was an understatement. The bluerider had two modes...happy and not happy...and the differences between them could be night and day. However, he was hardly ever not happy, so for those in his wing to see him looking like a kicked puppy was a bit upsetting to them. He assured them he was fine, but he was still upset that he'd managed to anger his friend so much.

He tried to remember what her uncle, the Envoy, had told him. To give her time. Really, that was about all he could do....and he hated it. Still, he tried to do exactly that. Though, anytime he could he would try to give her little signs that he still wanted to be her friend. Like during drills if she happened to look his way he would give her a big smile and a small wave. Little things like that he hoped would show her that he still wanted her company.

That day at drills, Ao'mek had thought that Solai was going to finally come talk to him. He was cautious about approaching her, not wanting to upset her, but the looks she'd been given him...well...he was a bit surprised and disappointed when drills ended and he'd ended up going home wtihout speaking to her again.

Ao'mek was just getting ready to sit down and enjoy a glass of whisky while reading when he heard a knock at his door. Curiously he got up and answered it, only to be pleasantly pleased by who was on the other side. "Solai...what are you doing here? Please, come in." He said with a lit smile on his face.
Image Image Image Image Image
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

.::..::..::..::..::..
PC Character Tracker | Marks Tracker | NPC Stash
Shaihulud

Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:31 pm

The greenrider would not have been surprised in the slightest if Ao'mek sent her away. Had Solai stood in his shoes, it was exactly what she would have done. It was for that reason that she was relieved that Ao'mek was not like her in any way; it was also the reason he was her friend, and she wanted to keep it that way, if she had not lost him already.

When the door began to give, Solai felt her heart speed up in response. The worry began to prickle at the nape of her neck until she saw his face. "Solai...what are you doing here? Please, come in."

That telling smile, no matter how small, was all she needed to see. It was not the first during the time of their prolonged silence, but it was the most comforting of all of them he had given to her over the fortnight. "Thank you," she managed as she accepted the offer, though once she passed the threshold, she quickly turned to face him. "I'm sorry," the apology sputtered from her before she could properly articulate it, or elaborate further. So eager to earn his forgiveness, she needed to get it out, if only she could know he did not hate her. "I was angry when I shouldn't have been. I should have respected you, and understood you. I'm..." lips pressed together in worry "I'm sorry."
Parker
Site Admin

Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:56 pm

Ao'mek was practically beside himself with happiness that his friend was here...and she wasn't yelling at him. Two great things! Once she was inside he shut the door behind her. "Sorry, I haven't taken the moment to really clean my apartment." He apologized. Honestly, it wasn't that bad, but he'd always been a cleanly fellow who loved to keep things in their proper places.

"I was angry when I shouldn't have been. I should have respected you, and understood you. I'm..." lips pressed together in worry "I'm sorry."

His first response was to immediately wrap his arms around her and give her an almost bone crushing hug. "It's alright, dear. You don't have to apologize. I'm sorry I made you angry." Ao'mek was the sort that preferred to take the blame for things. Besides, to him, Solai never needed forgiving because he really didn't feel she'd done anything wrong. Did he like being yelled at? No, but he was proud to have a friend that was so passionate about what she cared for.

"C'mon. How about we have a seat? You want a drink or something? I was enjoying some whisky." Ao'mek offered.
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

Shaihulud

Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:13 pm

Solai could not care less about the state of his room when all she could concern herself with was his forgiveness. Besides, his mess was a sign of how comfortable he lived. Her was hollow and not quite made to feel like her own just yet. Sometimes she felt like she rattled too much in the confines of her home, so she much preferred to visit the homes of others when at all possible...

... kind of like she used to do with Ao'mek.

Before she got so angry, Solai frequented his home with her violin at hand, and a bag of herbs at her hip. She teased him, and he did the same, and by the end, she loved his company so much, in his home, that she was loathe to leave. Why did she have to be such an idiot?

Rather than scoff at her apology, he took her into his arms, hugging her before she fully recognised the gesture. "It's alright, dear. You don't have to apologize. I'm sorry I made you angry." Rather than say anything to ruin the moment, her own arms wrapped tight around him, hugging around his shoulders as her face nuzzled against his neck to feel the warmth of his forgiveness. "C'mon. How about we have a seat? You want a drink or something? I was enjoying some whisky."

She shook her head against him and held him even closer, for she could not bear the thought of letting him go. If she did, the greenrider feared he would change his mind. "I thought you were going to hate me," the muffled words escaped her after a moment of solitude found in his arms. Still, she could not bring herself to let him go.
Parker
Site Admin

Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:35 pm

The smile on his face widened as she shook her head and refused to let him go. He held her tighter and rocked her a little in his arms. Ao'mek was a tactile creature. He knew that sometimes gestures and touches could speak a lot more than words ever could. He placed another kiss on the top of her head. If she didn't want to move from this spot yet, then they wouldn't. He'd stand here with her all night if need be.

"I thought you were going to hate me,"

"Hate you?" He pulled back enough to look at her. "Oh no, no....never. I could never hate you. I know we haven't known each other that long, but I'd like to think we've become very fast, very close friends. Besides...friends fight sometimes. We just gotta forgive and forget." He placed a bit of emphasis on the word 'forget'. Ao'mek wasn't the sort to hold a grudge....even when he likely had every right to. This situation wasn't anything like that.

"I've missed you, you know. This apartment has been too quiet without you and your violin here."
Image Image Image Image

Shaihulud

Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:31 am

When he placed a kiss on her head, she answered with a kiss chastely brushed along his neck. In times like this, his kindness always managed to sooth Solai. He had provided her shelter and friendship, even in their brief time together. Her uncle was right: Ao'mek was far too precious to let her egotistical sense of moral cast him away.

"Hate you?" Her eyes met his own when he pulled back to regard her. Even in his kind eyes, she felt the depths of warmth in his heart. "Oh no, no....never. I could never hate you. I know we haven't known each other that long, but I'd like to think we've become very fast, very close friends. Besides...friends fight sometimes. We just gotta forgive and forget."

Hands sunk down to his waist where fingers curled into his tunic. Rather than pull herself away from him just yet, the greenrider leaned forward to rest her head against his chest. There, she caught the steady beat of his heart that whispered the same words he had just uttered to her: Forgive, Forget. It comforted her to know he could do both... even if she might never be able to do the latter.

"I've missed you, you know. This apartment has been too quiet without you and your violin here."

A smile curled along her lips. "I missed playing it for you. Makes me wish I brought it with me." But she was not that concerned, not when she rested in the sanctuary of his arms that rocked her gently. After several breaths of comforting silence, she lifted up her countenance, placing her chin along his chest as she regarded him. "Is there anyway we can redo the feast? I was hoping to enjoy that night with you. Made myself all pretty for you, even-" her smile broadened into a grin at the thought "-but we didn't even get to dance." Her thumbs brushed along the curve of his hip bones.
Parker
Site Admin

Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:03 am

Ao'mek continued to hold her and rock her. One of his hands continuely stroked through her hair and down her back soothingly. He really didn't like seeing her this upset. It was just an argument, yes it was on a rather sensitive subject, but still... she was his friend and he hated that she now felt this bad over the whole thing. He hoped that they would be able to put this passed them soon and that maybe it wouldn't come up again...at least not in argument form. Ao'mek wasn't going to lie about how he felt on things, but he certainly didn't want to make her angry again.

"I missed playing it for you. Makes me wish I brought it with me."

"There's always next time. Don't worry about it. Maybe I can join you in playing something. I'm not nearly as good as you, but a pipe flute isn't hard to pick up again after several turns." Ao'mek suggested. He'd been in the harper craft before he impressed, so he did know a little bit about playing music. Granted, after he impressed and joined up in the Legion he really didn't have time for music and playing anymore.

"Is there anyway we can redo the feast? I was hoping to enjoy that night with you. Made myself all pretty for you, even-" her smile broadened into a grin at the thought "-but we didn't even get to dance."

Ao'mek made a show of thinking about it for a moment. "Well, I don't think the weyr is going to put on another feast just for the two of us, but there's always next time." He said with an easy smile. "I know, dear. I know. I was hoping for the same thing. And you looked absolutely beautiful in that dress. Simply stunning." That was the goddess honest truth. She had looked amazing. "Well, there's always more chances to dance. They have dancing almost every night at the bar in the dining hall. Might not be as fancily dressed, but dancing is dancing right?"
Image Image Image Image

Shaihulud

Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:01 pm

"Well, I don't think the weyr is going to put on another feast just for the two of us, but there's always next time." All too true, which drew a frown upon her normally energetic features. Yet Ao'mek remained all smiles for her. "I know, dear. I know. I was hoping for the same thing. And you looked absolutely beautiful in that dress. Simply stunning." The faintest smile appeared for all it remained unseen by his eyes. His heartbeat was far too soothing for her to lift up her eyes and regard him fully at the moment. Thump thump. Thump thump. Thump thump. She could play a song to that beat.

"Well, there's always more chances to dance. They have dancing almost every night at the bar in the dining hall. Might not be as fancily dressed, but dancing is dancing right?"

"Did you like my dress," she found herself asking. Fingers slipped along his hips to keep him close. Finally, she found the will to pull away from his heart and regard his kind eyes with her chin placed upon his chest. Quietly, she thought to herself just how handsome she found him, and recalled her intentions from that night before she spoiled everything. Her toe had tapped along his calf that evening, every inch of her dancing in temptation. Caught in this moment, however, with the bluerider, all she could think of was how relieved she was to have her friend back.
Parker
Site Admin

Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:53 am

"Did you like my dress,"

Ao'mek smiled down at her. "Of course I did! It was absolutely beautiful and the color suited you amazingly." He couldn't resist leaning down and playfully rubbing his nose on hers before giving her a kiss on the forehead. "However, I think it was more the person wearing the dress than the dress itself that made it so eye catching." While some would say he was just saying that, his tone was nothing but genuine. "My outfit certainly paled in comparison of yours." Again he embraced her tightly before he let go enough so that she could breathe properly. He'd been told on more than one occasion that he could hug a little too tightly sometimes.

"Come on. Let's sit down. The evening is still young. We might not have a feast at our fingertips, but we don't need one, right?" He said as he moved beside her, his arm still wrapped around her shoulders as he led her to the couch. "Have a seat and let me be a good host and get you a glass. Did you want to share the whisky with me or would you like something else to drink?" He asked politely as he headed over to his liqour cabinet. He grabbed her a glass and then waited to see if she wanted something else. "I have some gin, wine of course, vodka, and I do have non-alcoholic options if you'd rather have one of those. Granted it's just water or fruit juice. Oh...and I did steal some finger foods from the kitchen last time I was passing through if you are hungry."

Ao'mek said they should forgive and forget and he meant it. From this point on he would rather the two of them get on with their friendship. The apologies were said...and that was good enough for him.
Image Image Image Image