Wings of Change -- {Fox / Parker}

Not the large stone caverns that Weyr people are used to, these are buildings built on the top of the cliff, sometimes referred to as the Weyr Cliff. These buildings are all the same size, with multiple apartments for dragonriders to live in in each building. Because of space constraints, dragons sleep in large pavilions built around the dragonrider apartments.
Fawkes
Junior Admin
Title: The Majestic Birb
Pronouns: She/Her, or Birb

Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:52 am

{Fuzzytimed to the following morning of Soquilith's Flight}

They awoke together, eyelids fluttering open to the sight of their mates curled up with them and each of them felt a contentment in their choice. The redheaded woman lay with her weyrmate, a man she was devoted to and was raising a family with, and the dark queen curled a little closer to the strong bronze that had captured her attention before and proven himself once more. In Flight, Mnenomth had shown her just how determined he was to win her favor and earn the right to Lead by her side, and his command and confidence finally won out in the end and she'd called for his strength to carry her higher and twine with her.

Together, this senior pair would be a force to be reckoned with, powerful and confidant in their decisions and yet caring and protective over those within their Walls. Soquilith chose wisely, and she chose for the betterment of her Weyr, her home and knew that Mnenomth was just what they needed right now. His rider on the other hand, may not exactly feel the same way as he was now suddenly thrust into a position of power and chosen to rule beside the Weyrwoman, to Lead the Wings into Threadfall, and provide for the Weyr.

It was a reasonable reaction, and one that Safryn and L'van were already prepared for. The bronzerider was a reasonable man, they had spoken of such possibilities before the Flight and she knew the man would always be willing to lend his support, even if he didn't hold the office anymore. There was always a transition period, a span of a sevenday or so where the old Weyrleader passes on all the need-to-know onto the new Weyrleader, and Safryn would be present for as much of it as he could. She knew F'lin, or at least made his ... acquaintance when Mnenomth had Flown Soqui once before, though she knew he was a good man, a fair man, and would do his best to do right by the Weyr, even if a little overwhelmed at times.

Even as Safryn pried herself from her mate that morning, kissing H'tai on the forehead as she slid from the furs, she could already feel that Soquilith had made a good choice. Of course, she preferred to continue working with L'van, he was experienced and loyal, and a dear friend to her now, but it would be good to have some new blood, fresh eyes in the office as well. Change didn't always have to be a bad thing.

The redheaded woman sauntered into her office and took out a small leaf of paper and dipped the quill into the ink well. A quick note was written, and then curled up and tied off with a purple ribbon from the desk of the Weyrwoman. A mental summons brought a puff of cold air beside and she was greeted with a trill of her longest friend, the speckled brown firelizard always at her beck and call. Piper fluttered closer to outstretch his head and nose against her temple fondly and Safryn smiled up at him, reaching her arm out as a perch. As the flitter settled onto the limb, she spoke to him about delivering this message to the new Weyrleader, bronzerider F'lin and she pictured the man in her minds' eye for the 'lizard. Piper gave an affirmative chirp and then plucked up the scroll in his front feet and took off from her arm once more, popping promptly between.

The messenger arrived and did his best not to interrupt the bronzerider, but a soft chirrup was given until the brown was at least acknowledged, and then the small scroll was given to the man. With a soft trill, the speckled firelizard hopped up and away again, returning to where he came from in a blink of an eye. The note when unrolled would read simply, invitingly, and warm.
Good morning Weyrleader F'lin,
Whenever you are ready, kindly join me in my office as we have much to discuss.
Please, take your time as the day is still young.
- Weyrwoman Safryn

-----

Once the firelizard ran his errand, Safryn busied herself with getting herself dressed and presentable, to start a kettle of hot water over the hearth for klah or tea and began to prepare a light breakfast for herself and her weyrmate. When H'tai roused and joined her, they shared the meal together, spoke of bringing the children around tonight when work was over and enjoying the evening together as a family. They spoke of the upcoming changes in leadership, how L'van would be stepping down and therefore likely H'tai as well.

Safryn was so proud of her weyrmate for taking on the responsibility and mantle of Weyrsecond for the last Turn, to learn from one of the best men she knew how to Lead, for whenever Soquilith chose Ifrith as her next mate. In her heart, she wished it could be so easy as to sway the gold's choice in the matter, but each time Ifrith gets close, she turns toward another. The gold had a mind of her own when it came to Flights and Safryn could sympathize with the brown's plight though. One day though, she knew in her bones, it would happen, and on that day, H'tai will be ready for it.

In the meantime, they had to prepare for the most recent shifting in leadership, and Safryn had invited the new Weyrleader to join her at his leisure. They would start small, as they will be working side by side for the next Turn, so they might as well get to know each other a little better before truly getting down to business. Or at least, that was how Safryn liked to proceed, but in the end it depended on F'lin.

Once they'd finished breakfast, the brownrider opted to clean up the dishes, though thankfully there weren't many and Safryn made sure to keep the kettle warm, should her visitor desire any klah when he arrived. To stretch her legs, and bide her time, the redheaded woman stepped out for a bit, walking to the pavilion that housed her queen. She could feel the dark golds' bliss coating her whole body, and as she peered into the tent, she could see the rusty red bronze curled around the burnished gold and a mottled wing was draped over her side and if holding her closer. Soquilith's head lay tucked under that wing, yet she knew the queen was awake and soaking up all that warmth.

Are you pleased my love? Safryn asked softly, leaning against the sturdy pole that held up the impressive tent.

Why wouldn't I be? came the dreamy voice, a wistful thought that brushed against the woman's mind fleetingly. My mate is strong, confident and determined. Give him time, he will grow. He will lead the Wings with a command we have yet to see. The queen murmured as she nestled her head further into her mates' embrace, the bronze responding in kind.

I have no doubts Mnenomth is capable, you wouldn't have chosen him if he wasn't. The woman said, perhaps flattering and placating her queen somewhat while she was in a pleasant mood. Once the eggs grow heavier, she'll grow broody and flattery wont get her anywhere anymore. And what of his rider, do you believe in him the same? Safryn asked, smiling softly to herself as if almost anticipating the queens response to that question.

The rider half is not my problem, he's yours. The dark queen said with a hint of a snort under that red wing, and Safryn could feel the humor behind the words. He is a good man though, I'm sure he wont ruin anything. Soquilith added, a little more serious this time, though still feeling rather sprightly in the wake of her successful Flight and the warmth of the strong mate around her.

And that was where he would find her, leaning against the support beam looking into the pavilion at their slumbering dragons, all the while conversing with her queen about the very man who would soon make himself known.
This Intoxication Thrills Me,
I Only Pray It Doesn't Kill Me

Safryn ~* *~ Kitiara ~* *~ V'an ~* *~ Ay'li ~* *~ Elysia ~* *~ Kent ~* *~ Isolde ~* *~ Omri'vis ~* *~ Daela
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Weyrwoman || Wingsecond || Weyrling Asst. || Wingleader || Wingthird || Wingrider || Weyr Guard || Strikeleader || Candidate

If You Want Something You've Never Had,
You Must Be Willing To Do Something You've Never Done.

#332500/#C1A00C | #8AA259 | #A8482A | #B69064 | #667A8C | #155710 | #969696 | #181D68
~ Character Tracker ~ | * Marks Tracker *
Parker
Site Admin
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him

Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:56 am

The only thing that was going through Fox's mind as he woke up was how much he loved waking up to J'on. The hours before was a little hazy, but he knew what had happened. The tiredness and pleasant ache of muscles was enough to tell him, though his hazy mind was omitting quite a few important details. Brown eyes drank in the sight of his short stack asleep next to him. Shards, he was so damn lucky to have that man in his life. J'on was everything he'd ever need. Someone to laugh with, someone to cry with, someone to be there for him in the bad times, good times, and, like now, be there with him through flights...

Fox had sat straight up in bed as the all too important details ran through his brain. Mnenomth had chased after Soquilith and he'd won. That meant....to his credit, the panic only lasted a handful of seconds. Mnenomth had won the flight....he was Weyrleader now. Fox had never really given much thought to being Weyrleader. Yes, there was always the chance that he would one day end up as it since he didn't pull Mnenomth from the flights, but he really didn't think that it would happen this soon. The bronze had been ready for this moment for turns. There was only one thing he could do. Suck it up and be the best damn Weyrleader he could be.

About that time a visited came to him with a small scroll outheld on his arm. "Thank you." Fox said as he took the message from the creature and gave him a friendly eyeridge scratch before he read the note. It was a bit of a mind fuck to read the title of 'Weyrleader.'

Good morning Weyrleader F'lin,
Whenever you are ready, kindly join me in my office as we have much to discuss.
Please, take your time as the day is still young.
- Weyrwoman Safryn

Fox placed the note on his night stand and then gave a long stretch in bed. He didn't want to disturb J'on, but he did lean over and place a warm kiss on the man's cheek before he got up out of bed. He washed up quickly and then donned a nicer outfit. While he wasn't normally the sort to care about fashion or how he looked, this wasn't exactly a situation he was use to being in, so he figured it would be best if he was a little bit more presentable. Once dressed, he made himself and J'on a fast breakfast and then served it to his love in bed.

While they ate, Fox voiced some of his worries and fears to J'on. There was no one he trusted more in the world than the opalrider, but more importantly, he knew that he would be honest with him. By the time their bellies were full, Fox felt a lot more confident about the role that he would now assume. J'on did give one sound piece of advice...maybe stop pranking people so much. He had made a show about how that would be impossible, but deep down he knew that the man was right.

After cleaning up breakfast dishes together, Fox stole quite a few kisses and promised J'on they'd have another fun night to celebrate his rise in promotion. Then, he left to go find Safryn. He reached out to his bronze, but he was still asleep and as warm as he felt he was likely still with his new mate. Fox decided to go by and check on his sleeping bronze before heading to the Weyrwoman's quarters. As he approached he was glad for that decision as it seemed the Weyrwoman herself was at the pavilion visiting her gold.

Fox walked up to her with a smile and gave her a polite bow. All the way hoping that any of the nervousness he was feeling was off his face. "Good morning, Weyrwoman Safryn. I hope I didn't take too long. Made my boyfriend breakfast in bed. I hope your morning has been equally as pleasant."
Image Image Image Image Image
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

.::..::..::..::..::..
PC Character Tracker | Marks Tracker | NPC Stash
Fawkes
Junior Admin
Title: The Majestic Birb
Pronouns: She/Her, or Birb

Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:00 am

She saw him out of the corner of her eye, the tall bronzerider was hard to miss as he approached, and the redheaded woman turned toward him as the new Weyrleader smiled and bowed to her. There was a kind smile returned to him as he stood up again, one of welcome and joy, that sort of smile that would hopefully ease any of his fears and worries.

"Good morning, Weyrwoman Safryn. I hope I didn't take too long. Made my boyfriend breakfast in bed. I hope your morning has been equally as pleasant."

"And good morning to you, Weyrleader F'lin." The woman said, her lips curling ever so slightly at his new title, knowing it was likely one of the first times someone had addressed him as such. "Well, it wasn't quite breakfast-in-bed pleasant..." Safryn continued, her tone shifting into something a little more playful than serious as she regarded the bronzerider, standing up a little straighter instead of leaning on the pole of the pavilion. "...yet it was nice to savor a leisurely morning for once, they don't happen very often." The queenrider added, her brow quirking at the bronzerider with a 'get used to that' sort of look in her eye.

Her gaze shifted from the tall man, back into the dim of the pavilion where their dragons lay curled into one another, blissfully contented and she could even Soquilith beginning to grow drowsy once more. The dark queen was satiated, for now, and would doze most of the day, with Mnenomth at her side as often as possible to solidify their union. "Soqi seems quite pleased with her choice, considers Mnenomth will be a confidant and capable Leader." The Weyrwoman said quietly, contemplative as she regarded the two formidable forms. "And what of you F'lin? Are you ready to take on this mantle?" Safryn asked, perhaps a little point blank of her, but it was a question that needed to be asked, to see where the bronzerider stood. Was he hesitant, or unwavering?
This Intoxication Thrills Me,
I Only Pray It Doesn't Kill Me

Safryn ~* *~ Kitiara ~* *~ V'an ~* *~ Ay'li ~* *~ Elysia ~* *~ Kent ~* *~ Isolde ~* *~ Omri'vis ~* *~ Daela
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Weyrwoman || Wingsecond || Weyrling Asst. || Wingleader || Wingthird || Wingrider || Weyr Guard || Strikeleader || Candidate

If You Want Something You've Never Had,
You Must Be Willing To Do Something You've Never Done.

#332500/#C1A00C | #8AA259 | #A8482A | #B69064 | #667A8C | #155710 | #969696 | #181D68
~ Character Tracker ~ | * Marks Tracker *
Parker
Site Admin
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him

Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:32 am

"And good morning to you, Weyrleader F'lin. Well, it wasn't quite breakfast-in-bed pleasant......yet it was nice to savor a leisurely morning for once, they don't happen very often."

"Please, call me Fox." He offered to her. He didn't dislike his honorific name, but he'd been Fox since he could remember so it just felt more natural. Being thrust into this very unnormal situation he needed that little bit or normalcy to keep him grounded. "Ah, yes...warning duly noted. I sort of figured that was the case. Felt breakfast in bed might help make up for my absenses from here on out." That was the one thing that was truly bugging him about all of this. Yes, the thought of being responsible for the entire weyr was enough to send even his normal calm self into a panic, but the thing he wasn't sure if he'd be able to handle would be to not get to spend time with his love. He was in this now, but if leadership proved to take him away from what was the most important to him, then he'd be sure to not let Mnenomth chase next time. That didn't mean he wasn't going to give this turn his all. He planned on doing that and then some. Fox perhaps wasn't the most serious of people, but when he was responsible for something he took it seriously.

"Soqi seems quite pleased with her choice, considers Mnenomth will be a confidant and capable Leader." The Weyrwoman said quietly, contemplative as she regarded the two formidable forms. "And what of you F'lin? Are you ready to take on this mantle?"

"I can tell you that Mnenomth is more than beside himself with happiness. In fact, I hope he sleeps until tomorrow because I'm not sure if I can handle his smugness today." Fox said with a shake of his head. Oh yes...he could just hear his bronze now...and honestly with his nerves the way they were, the last thing he needed was for his overgrown lizard to tell him 'I told you so' about one day becoming the Weyrleader. "He might be a pain in my ass, but she's not wrong. He hatched from his shell ready to take on leadership." That was certainly true enough. Fox had been so young then...leadership was the furthest thing from his mind. "Me? I...ah...yes." His answer didn't seem all that confident. "Mnenomth is at least sure of that enough for the both of us. I can promise I will do my very best." That was bet she was safe taking.
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

.::..::..::..::..::..
PC Character Tracker | Marks Tracker | NPC Stash