Not All That Wander .: Tag Kate/A'ric :.

Not the large stone caverns that Weyr people are used to, these are buildings built on the top of the cliff, sometimes referred to as the Weyr Cliff. These buildings are all the same size, with multiple apartments for dragonriders to live in in each building. Because of space constraints, dragons sleep in large pavilions built around the dragonrider apartments.
Talonflame

Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:46 pm

If one had tasked her with navigating through any of the Weyrs on the Northern continent, she could confidently tell them to give her an hour or two and she would be able to do so like a native. Part of that was due to her being a native of Ista Weyr, as well as the fact that she was observant by nature and the Northern Weyrs were not all that different in layout to each other. Sure, Benden had its strange double Bowl, Ista had its half-plateau surrounded on all sides by trees and water, and naturally things were in slightly different places from Weyr to Weyr. But the point of fact was, there was such little variance in between them that one could find their way fairly easily, given the time to process what cavern held what purpose. But this New Atricis… she had honestly never seen anything quite like it, and she was equal parts thrilled and confused by what she saw. Instead of a traditional ‘Bowl’ with various ledges lining the cliffs of the caldera to signify the weyrs of the riders, there was a complex of buildings instead, apartments that multiple riders and families could stay in and actually take up less space than any of the Northern Weyrs. It was nothing short of fascinating to her, and she had taken the first opportunity she could to wander through the buildings, trying to get a feel for the place that she would be calling home for some time.

And so it was that, without even a second thought on the matter, the young woman had found herself in one of the buildings that housed the dragonrider apartments, her dark eyes darting from place to place, taking in all of the sights and noting them for consideration later. She had noticed that, without the traditional weyrs that allowed dragons to sleep far closer to their riders, the Atrician dragons had taken to resting in specially made pavilions outside of each of the apartment buildings. Presumably they rested in a pavilion close to whichever apartment was their rider’s, but she didn’t have enough information to make any sort of conclusive decision in that regard. So she had opted to study the inner workings of the buildings themselves, rather than speak to the dragons. After all, none of them were her father’s Iaosaith, who had been more than willing to bespeak any of his rider’s children, and that meant that there were no guarantees as to whether or not the dragons would even answer her. After all, not all dragons were as willing to bespeak strangers as some of the Istan dragons had been.

As she walked through the corridor of the building, she noticed that there were stairs leading to the upper floors. Curiosity got the better of her, and without stopping to think of the consequences of such actions, she quickly climbed them. And the first thing that she noticed upon reaching the next floor was the fact that the doors were starting to get further apart. Hmm. Interesting, she mused with a raising of one eyebrow as she looked around, idly reaching up to pet her firelizard. The brown hadn't left her side for an instant since she had arrived at the Weyr, save for the few instances that he needed to hop between to relieve himself. He was the one constant in her life at present, since all of her remaining family were still in Ista, and now more than ever was she grateful for his presence. Roisin, it seemed, was just as interested in his new surroundings as his human was, though he didn’t dare leave his perch on her shoulder. In fact, the little firelizard actually wrapped his tail protectively around her neck, further cementing the fact that he was going nowhere.

As Saelle climbed another flight of stairs, she could actually feel her excitement rising with each step. Here, there were only two doors, with a very short hallway. Perhaps for Wingleaders and their ‘Seconds? The young woman bit her lip for a moment, her heart practically at her throat as she wondered, for the briefest of seconds, if it was a good idea for her to be there at that exact moment. Surely whoever lived in these apartments wouldn't be there, and surely she didn't want to be accused of anything untoward. But the thrill of the situation was too much to resist, and so she casually leaned against the nearest wall, looking as if she truly belonged there while she used her time wisely, taking in every detail of the hallway and doors. One day, she would be either living in an apartment like this… or she would be back North. Either way, she had great things planned for her future, and she was not about to miss the opportunity to learn something new. Now, there was only the matter of waiting for opportunity to come knocking.
.::| Alassiel of Akath .::|::. Rh'van of Armaitath .::|::. Kyrielle .::|::. D'aen of Rhovanioth |::.
ImageImageImageImage

.::| Saelle |::.

.::| Character Tracker .::|::. Marks Tracker |::.
Kate

Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:25 am

Sighing a bit, the young man ran a hand through his dark hair. Dark eyes looked around the room before a hand moved in to rub them. The bronze rider felt so exhausted already, but he also knew he had more work to do.

While he felt exhausted, he had to admit that he managed to juggle everything quiet well. Honestly, most not the tiredness probably came from having to do all the paperwork. That stuff was pretty boring anyway, so A’ric always found himself trying to stay awake while he was working on it. Usually he would stop and talk to Behemoth, or someone would come in and talk to him and distract him from the boredom log enough for him to get a second wind. Today though, he just wanted to get done with it, especially after running drills all day. Keeping quiet was actually working, as the pile of paperwork was shrinking. It didn’t help that sometimes his mind would wander to Viktor or Kit, and then he would find himself spending some time just thinking about the two of them, which did not help him get his paperwork done.

After a moment of thinking about the two he cared about the most, his mind wandered a little more. Since Viktor was at the creche, and if he remembered correctly, Kit had told him she was going out with a couple friends, maybe he would do the same thing instead of just going home and being by himself. Not that he really minded being by himself, Then again, he also wasn't in the habit of going out by himself either.

Maybe tonight would just be a good night to go home by himself and just finally be able to relax, although he didn't know if that would work either. Quickly, he put everything away. He had done enough for today, and if he did any more there was always the chance that he could fall asleep right at his desk.

Grabbing a quick bite to eat, he headed back to his apartment. As he walked down, he saw someone he did not recognize. Or well, he should say, he just didn't know her. The bronze rider was pretty sure he had seen her around the Weyr, but he had never spoken to her, or anything like that. Dark eyes studied her for a moment before he questioned, "Excuse me, can I help you with something?"
Image Image Image Image Image
Isiana & Andromedath | A'ric & Behemoth | K'uavaen & Synsith | Talen & Khonlen | Devyn & Isamuyn
Talonflame

Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:29 am

She wasn’t surprised when it hadn’t taken too long for another person to show up in the hallway. After all, it had to have been someone’s apartment up here, but the fact that she didn’t have to wait all that long was something that, for lack of a better word, elated her. She had someone else to speak to, and the fact that the man seemed utterly confused by her being there was enough to make a small smirk tug at the corners of her lips as she regarded him with an inquisitive eye. He had asked her if he could help her with anything, and her smirk merely widened for a moment before she pushed herself away from the wall, studying him as he had studied her a short time ago. “Oh, do one of these apartments belong to you?” she asked, putting on her best innocent expression as she glanced towards the two doors in the small hallway. “My apologies, rider. I hadn’t realized that anyone occupied these rooms.” Lies, of course; she knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that someone lived in at least one of these apartments, and she wondered if perhaps he would call her out on that fact. If he did, she would appreciate the banter that they would be able to carry on during this conversation, should he choose not to shut her down right away. Which, of course, she truly hoped that he didn’t, as it would have made the night far more entertaining. Perhaps so for the both of them, she thought with a faint smile as she moved further from the wall, stepping closer to him without invading any sense of personal space.

“As for your question,” she started, glancing him over for a moment and taking quick note of the way that he seemed, simply put, completely and utterly bone-weary. Honestly, was the man the type to work himself to death or something? And while she could certainly appreciate that sort of work ethic, even she understood that to work oneself to the point of passing out at their desk was absolutely counterproductive. “At first, the answer would have been no. I was merely taking in my surroundings, trying to get to know the layout of the Weyr better. I hadn’t expected anyone to be around to speak with.” She shrugged, dark eyes lighting up with amusement as she took a disinterested stance, her arms crossing over her stomach as she shifted her weight to one foot. “But now that you’re here, I do have some questions that perhaps you could answer.” A smile tugged at the corners of her mouth as she carefully unfolded one arm, holding her hand out in a gesture of greeting and waiting for him to take the bait, as it were. “Naturally, we haven’t properly met. Name’s Saelle, harper-turned-candidate and recent arrival from Ista Weyr. And your name, stranger?”

How ironic that she called him the stranger, when she was the new person to the Weyr as well as the person randomly standing in the hallway leading to his private quarters, she mused with a soft chuckle as she glanced around for a moment. “I’ll be honest, I have never seen a place quite like Atricis before. Ista is… far from what someone would consider a ‘traditional’ Weyr, but even Ista has its limits compared to here.” And there, she had brought herself around full circle again, thoughts of home flooding her thoughts as she wondered idly how her younger half-siblings were faring without her around. Surely they were fine, but the question still lingered in her head from time to time. Perhaps she would write them in the morning, ask if any of them would be interested in coming to visit her in the South. A chirrup interrupted her thoughts, however, and she glanced to her right, smiling as she remembered that her firelizard had been comfortably perched on her shoulder the entire time. One might have missed him, curled up among her hair as he was, were it not for his bright coloring. “Ah, and before I forget, this little beast is my firelizard, Roisin.”
.::| Alassiel of Akath .::|::. Rh'van of Armaitath .::|::. Kyrielle .::|::. D'aen of Rhovanioth |::.
ImageImageImageImage

Kate

Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:56 am

Dark eyes studied the woman before him. Who was she? Sure, he had seen her once, maybe twice before? Or maybe someone like her? Sometimes, it was hard to tell. Usually, A'ric recognized a face he'd seen before, even if he wasn't exactly able to put a name with that face. Hearing her voice, he took a second to clear his mind and bring himself back to the present matter. Raising an eyebrow at her question, and her innocent apology, a gentle smile came across his features. "As a matter of fact, yes, one of those rooms is mine. As for you not knowing riders lived down here, I think you sound a little TOO innocent, but we'll pretend I don't know that. It doesn't really matter to me that you're down here. You don't seem to be causing trouble, so I guess we can just, let it slide." Now, usually rules were rules and what have you, but truly, A'ric didn't think this young woman was going to cause any problems, and it seemed to him that she end interested in talking, so, hey, why not. It was't really like he had anything better to do.

A red tinge slowly came to his cheeks, although he hoped it wasn't really that obvious, as the young woman looked him over. Sure, he was used to people looking him over, but, he also knew at this moment, he didn't exactly look his best. "Well, if you plan on going exploring more, just be careful. You could end up somewhere you really don't want to be." Sometimes dark caverns or the dark part of the woods got the better of people, so the man decided he should probably warn her. At her other statement he gave a small shrug. "Well, I can try and answer your questions. No promises that I actually know the answers.

Raising an eyebrow he couldn't help but smile a little. That wasn't exactly the question he had been expecting, "My name is A'ric, it's nice to meet you. You are?"

Ista? She was from Ista? Aric had never been there himself, but it was always somewhere he had wanted to go. Smiling a bit he said, "I know how you feel. Atricis is different from everywhere else, as far as I know. It's certainly different than Benden too. But I guess, I consider it different in a good way."

Smiling softly as she introduced her pet he chuckled. "Well, now that we are all introduced then. So tell me, what was the point in coming down here? Just to see what it was like?"
Isiana & Andromedath | A'ric & Behemoth | K'uavaen & Synsith | Talen & Khonlen | Devyn & Isamuyn
Talonflame

Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:13 am

Another smirk crossed her features as he studied her, and even grew a little as he answered her first query. Oh, he was a clever one, she noted with an appreciative glance in his direction, still feigning innocence. He could sense that she wasn’t being entirely honest with her questions, but he chose to play along for the time being. Or at the very least, that was the sensation that she was getting from how he spoke. His next statement, a continuation of his answer to her first question, did little but confirm her initial thoughts about his intelligence. To be in this particular set of apartments, one would have to be either a Wingleader or a Wingsecond, and one certainly did not find their way into those roles without a modicum of intelligence to speak for. To be reassured that he really was as intelligent as she thought put her mind at ease, and she allowed him a wicked smile as he finished speaking. “Alright, so you caught me,” she told him, a teasing tone leaking into her voice as she brushed a lock of hair behind her ear. “However, I do recall saying that I didn’t think anyone lived in these particular apartments, so I wasn’t really lying on that front,” she added, correcting him with the same wicked smile as before. “But you’re right, and let’s just pretend neither of us know the truth.”

She was grateful to see that he didn’t seem to be entirely too hidebound, much like the riders in her former home were. She swore that Istan riders were such prudes, if one had caught a candidate sneaking around the riders’ weyrs, they would have had a heart attack that very moment. But he actually seemed… was it amusement in his eyes, or simple indifference? Either way, she was glad that he didn’t scream at her or throw her out the moment that he had seen her. No, this was certainly better in the long run, and she allowed her stance to relax a bit more as she noticed the red tinge that came to his cheeks. His complextion made the blush all the more noticeable to her, but she shrugged it off as she realized that her own complexion didn’t help her in that regard. Not that she would willingly let him see her blush, but there was always a first time for everything, right? At his warning, though, she found herself chuckling at the thought of finding herself in whatever his definition of “somewhere you don’t want to be” was. “Trust me, rider, I doubt that any cavern here is any less dangerous than the older tunnels or caverns at Ista.” If she sounded confident in that moment, it was because she was; fearlessness was as much a part of her as her friendly nature, and she always spoke with pride and courage. “And no worries if you can’t answer any questions that I happen to have. I don’t expect any one person to know everything, after all. To think that is foolish, and I’m no fool.”

His introduction pleased her enough that she relaxed her stance a bit more, opting to actually move a bit closer to him, closing the gap easily until she was within arm’s reach of him. Perhaps she would move even closer, should he chose to answer her questions favorably. But for now, the distance she chose to maintain would be fine. Best not to make him too nervous, after all, though the thought was a rather amusing one. “Well met, A’ric. Nice meeting you, as well. Considering the apartment that you have, would I be right in guessing that you are a bronzerider? A Wingleader, perhaps?” He smiled at her mention of Ista, and she wondered for a moment if, just maybe, he had been there once before. Ah, but that could have been wishful thinking, a hope that perhaps there was someone she could talk to that actually knew her old home and their ways. But his own mention of Benden proved her thought correct, and she merely shrugged a bit in response. “And that would mean that you hail from Benden. Far too cold there for my liking, but everyone has their own tastes, I’ve been told. Hopefully Atricis won’t get too cold for my sun-warmed bones,” she added, laughing a bit as she took another step closer, barely noticable but still a move forward.

And there, finally they moved to the meat of the conversation, she noted with a grin as he asked her at last just what game she was at, roaming around the riders’ apartments. “Well, if I have to be perfectly honest… yes, the point was to see what it was like.” Her answer was very precise and to the point, something that she knew the man would pick up on right away. She had been told that her bluntness and bold nature was bound to get her into trouble, but she scarcely cared one way or another. Let them try to punish her for being curious; it couldn’t be done, unless she tried to wander her way into the Hatching Grounds while a queen was brooding. And only a complete and utter deadglow would do something that stupid. “After all, all things considered, one of these rooms will be mine one day. Might as well get used to the layout and the people now instead of later, right?”
ImageImageImageImage

Kate

Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:34 am

While the dark haired man knew that only Wingleaders and their seconds were usually the only ones allowed down here, he had never quiet agreed fully with that rule. Did he want EVERYONE coming down here? No not really, but he honestly didn’t see the sense in making a big deal if someone just came through exploring. That really never harmed anyone. Chuckling a bit he just shrugged, ”Ok i will give you that. You did say that, but now you know. So that means you won’t be able to use that excuse anymore.” A small smirk played on his lips and he nodded. ”Plus the truth is overrated sometimes, and what people don’t know can’t hurt them, right?”

The bronze rider could not help but notice the tinge of red that had appeared on his own face, but nether of them said anything about it for fear of embarrassing thrmselves even more, if that’s even what this was. When she spoke again, he held his hands up in mock surrender and said, ”Alright, I get that. I just don’t want to see anyone get hurt, by apparently you are used to stuff like this so, I’m sorry if I offended you or anything.”

When she said she was ok with him maybe not knowing the answer, he just chuckles a bit. ”Fair enough. You don’t seem like a fool. I will do my best and hopefully answer at least one of the questions you have. If I can’t then I guess that would be a failure on my part.” Of course he was only half serious. Aric highly doubted that he would not be able to answer at least one of the questions posed to him.

Noddding a little he said, ”Yes, you are correct in both of those actually. I’m the Wingleader of Silver Dusk, and I’m the rider of Bronze Behemoth.”

Chuckling softly he just nodded. Everyone was always curious what other stuff was like especially when the rules said only upper level riders were supposed to be down here. Smirking, A'ric studied her for a moment and then laughed. "Oh, a confident one are we? Well, if you work hard, you never know what can happen around here, you just don't want to be OVER confident." Now, he was sort of speaking from experience, or well, Behemoth's anyway. Behemoth had always been overconfident, and it had caused the two of them to butt heads more times than the man cared to count. It had actually almost caused A'ric to turn down the promotions, unsure of how it would effect Behemoth. Ultimately, the bronze toned it down just a bit, although he was still as smug as ever, and A'ric had slowly been gaining mroe and more confidence that he actually deserved to have the title of Wingleader.

Pushing those thoughts quickly to the back of his mind, he turned to the young woman once more and said, "Alright, so about those questions. What is it that you want to know?"