And Now To Breathe Again { tag } LdyPayne / Lerina

Not the large stone caverns that Weyr people are used to, these are buildings built on the top of the cliff, sometimes referred to as the Weyr Cliff. These buildings are all the same size, with multiple apartments for dragonriders to live in in each building. Because of space constraints, dragons sleep in large pavilions built around the dragonrider apartments.
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:22 pm

Carenat 4, 2047
Late Night, Raining

It had been a difficult and trying matter, something that had taken him well over a Turn to tend to. The fact that he'd finally managed to make arrangements was something that L'van was astounded by, and would forever be thankful for of those at Igen that were still friends with him. There were still some times that needed to be cut, but those were minor, and he could snip them whenever he needed to. The fact of the matter was that at any moment, Evika would be arriving, and he was waiting for her in the Weyr Yard, ready to accompany her to his apartment, and call for Lerina.

He hadn't told their daughter of his activities, not wishing to get her hopes up for nothing. It had been a delicate procedure after all. But now that it was over with, she would be able to be reunited with her mother, know that her mother was fine. He spoke with Zenjarth, who told him that Issormoth and his rider were still asleep, even when Evika's dragon came out of between. The bronze kept his brassy call to himself as the green arrived, and L'van stepped forward in the rain, offered the woman his hand, and when she brushed it aside in favor of a hug, he smiled.

She had others with her, a very young boy and a young woman, and his smiled was directed at them as well. "Come. We'll go to my apartment, there's klah and food. A fire to dry off with. I'll have Zenjarth call for Lerina." Evika seemed to perk up, even looking at tired and worn as she did, and L'van figured he knew why. She held the boy in her arms and followed him, and soon enough they were within his apartment. "Make yourselves comfortable, there's the food, the klah. Evika, if you'd prefer wine, let me know."

And then there was just calling for Lerina. He reached for Zenjarth, who soft and gentle as he roused the young brown. Issormoth, I apologize for rousing you so very late at night, but I must ask you to wake your rider. Tell her to dress and bring herself to my rider's apartment, knock three times and enter. That's all she needs to do, that's all you need to do. I hope you understand these instructions, and how important it is that she doesn't know anything else until she arrives at my rider's home.
LdyPayne

Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:05 pm

It had been a long time since Issormoth seen the dragon belonging to Lerina's mother, long enough now that the brown forgot all about the green so even if he had been awake when she arrived, Issormoth wouldn't have recognized her. The voice of Zenjarth did rouse him however, causing the brown to open his eyes as he listened.

The way Zenjarth expressed his wish he would understand the instructions had the brown feeling slightly insulted. He didn't think his sire meant it as an insult however but still, it did put him in a bit of a snit over it. <Well, since you put it that way, perhaps your hope will be lost.> Issormoth responded. He didn't wait for Zenjarth to respond however before he focused on waking his girl up.

Lerina was asleep but hadn't been sleeping long when she felt Issormoth's mind trying to wake her. Forever tuned to her brown even in sleep Lerina was awake instantly. During the time they lived on their own after escaping Igen and before travelling South Lerina and Issormoth had to be constantly alert for other riders and other dangers. Even being in the safety of New Atricis for all this time didn't break her of the habit.

Did Zenjarth tell you what father wanted? Lerina asked as she climbed out of bed and splashed cold water on her face.

<No, just that it was important,> came the reply. Issormoth had sat up in his pavilion, eyes sharp and surveying the area. Mostly he just looked towards his sire. From where he was he couldn't see L'van's apartment but he felt no inclination to fly over and see what was going on himself. With a little patience he'll find out through Lerina and that was quick enough for the brown.

It didn't take Lerina long to dress and make her way to L'van's apartment. Once there she did as instructed, knocking three times then opening the door. "Hello father, what is this all about?" Lerina called out even as she entered the apartment.

Evika had settled herself into L'van's apartment, still dazed by how different New Atricis was so far from what she knew. To know her daughter had made it here to be with L'van and safe from prosecution solely because she Impressed a magnificent brown was a relief. Now her family was safe, since Evakita was with her Weyrmate who had transferred to another Weyr not long after Lerina escaped.

She had already hugged L'van and introduced him to her youngest daughter Shiava who hadn't wanted to stay in the poisonous atmosphere of Igen any longer now that she had a chance to escape for good. Introducing L'van to her 2 Turn old son had been easy enough, the toddler simply clung to his mother and stared wide-eyed at L'van. Evika was about to ask L'van if he had a cot to lay Lervesel down and see if she could get the boy to sleep when there was a knock on the door. Excitement rushed through Evika and despite how tired she felt she rose to her feet and shifted Lervesel to one arm even though he was getting too big to be carried.

"Lerina!" Evika called out the moment she saw her daughter step into the room.

Lerina froze in surprise at seeing her mother standing in L'van's living area. Out of the many possible reasons her father would have to summon her this late in the evening, the arrival of her mother was never on the list. The shock of seeing her rooted her to the spot for several seconds before joy broke through and she rushed to cover the distance. "Mother! How? So good to see you!" the words came out in broken sobs as she hugged her, unconsciously mindful of the toddler in her mother's arm.

"I've missed you so," Evika cried out, hugging her daughter as tightly as she could one handed. Lervesel started to fuss at all the excitement, confused and frightened by everything. Fortunately Shiava took the initiative and stepped forward to relieve her mother of her kid brother despite wanting to greet her long lost sister as well.

A few moments later Lerina stepped back and wiped the tears of joy from her eyes. It was then she noticed her sister holding a toddler. For a second Lerina was confused as she had been certain her mother had the todder then realized Shiava must have taken him during the hugging.

"Shiava, you came too, I"ve missed you so much," Lerina exclaimed and only waited long enough for Evika to claim her son before pulling her sister into a hug as well. Once she finished hugging Lerina stepped back to look over her family, her cheeks damp from tears of joy, still unbelieving they had found her.

"Lerina, this is your baby bother, Lervesel," Evika introduced. "Lervy dear this is your other big sister, Lerina."

Lervesel just stared wide eyed out of confusion more than anything but Lerina wasn't worried. In time she'll get to know her baby brother and that look of incomprehension will fill with the joy of seeing somebody known in no time.

"He'll be less shy and shell shocked once thing settle," Evika assured Lerina. "As for your question about how we got here, I'll let your father explain."

It was then Lerina remembered L'van was patiently standing nearby and turned towards him. "Father, how?"

ooc: sorry for the word vomit...I hope I didn't rush through the reunion too fast. I just felt it'll be simply to get the initial greetings and huggings done since they're my npcs right now :) If you need to move any of them in your replies, go ahead.
Ember

Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:25 am

While the reunion between Lerina and her mother and siblings took place, L'van stood back, pleased that it was going so well, and more than that, happy that he was able to bring them all back together again. It had not been and easy thing to accomplish, and there had been more than one instance when he'd been certain that it might not pull through at all. But in the end, it had been taken care of, and there was nothing to worry about or fuss through for the time being. They were safe, there had been no conclave laws broken, and as far as he was concerned, they would never have to journey to the North again if they didn't feel like doing so.

He moved to check on the klah pot and refreshed everyone's mugs, filled one up for Lerina, certain she would want to stay for a while too while her mother and the others remained. It wouldn't be long before they were all brought to apartments of their own, though he was certain that for the night at least, Evika and her children would want to stay in the same one, and that could be arranged. It had been a long night for all of them, and he knew in their situation, he wouldn't want to be apart either.

When his daughter turned towards him, he smiled and approached her, his arm going around her and a smiled pressed to his face. He couldn't tell her everything, some of what he knew was better left unsaid. But he could tell her some of it. "There are still people at Igen that are in my favor, and though it took me some time to get the proper contacts and papers in order, the proper terms set up, I was able to arrange for your mother and your siblings to transfer here. And they never have to go back, Lerina. I've made sure of that."

He glanced at Evika while he stood there with her, and nodded towards the little one she held. "Would he like a couple of friends to play with? I have some lizards that would be willing to entertain him while we chat. They're good with children, so they would be quite good with him, if you need reassurances of that, Lerina could vouch for them." As if on cue, Vigil, Burlap, and Aka all appeared, the blue landing first as he normally did and chirping happily when he recognized Evika.

ooc: It was perfect! Absolutely wonderful post, Ldy! <3
LdyPayne

Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:58 pm

Lerina accepted the mug of Klah with a grateful smile to her father. If she had any lingering doubts about the man not caring for her because he left her behind at Igen, what he did to bring her mother and siblings here made them vanish. She sipped her Klah as L'van explained how he arranged to have her family transferred here. Eventualy she'll learn from Evika about her older sister and how the rest of the family was doing but Lerina had been less worried about Evakita who was Weyrmated to Voash and if they found Igen no longer to their liking Lerina was certain Voash could return to his home Weyr and take his family with him.

"I thank you from the bottom of my heart for everything you did to bring them safely here," Lerina beamed at L'van. Setting her mug aside she gave him a hug. "You are the best father in the world and I love you and so glad we are all together again." She didn't have any illusions that Evika and L'van would form a relationship. L'van had many lovers even if most were from mating flights and he had kept a good relationship with Evika who had her own separate partners. The one time she asked about why she didn't have a Weyrmate Evika had responded her children and her dragon was all she really needed. Having her mother and father living in the same Weyr again was as much commitment she needed the two to have with each other. Besides she remembered L'van saying he was close to another woman but had yet to meet her officially.

Stepping back she smiled up at L'van then picked up her mug of Klah, only to beam at her mother and sister and her newest brother. It will be so wonderful to see him grow up away from the predijuce of Igen and any children Shiava should have herself when the time came.

"Vigil, is that you?" Evika said when L'van's pets arrived. "And you remember me don't you?"

Evika looked up at L'van, "I really should put Lervesel to bed if you don't mine if I lay him on your bed for now? I can easily bunch up the furs so he can't roll off. Plus I know Vigil will watch over him properly."

Lervesel's eyes watched the firelizards with wonder and uncertainty, unused to seeing such tiny dragons. He was unafraid as most toddlers tend to be but he was uncertain. So many changes have happened and now he was surrounded by strangers and in a strange place.
Ember

Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:42 am

L'van returned the embrace, feeling so warm and full of emotion from what Lerina told him. Faranth, he wasn't sure what touched him more, the fact that she was pleased by what he'd done, or that she loved him and thought he was the best father in the world. He often found himself faulty in that area, and to hear her say it... "I love you too, sweetheart. And I'm happy, so happy, that I could have this done for you." He returned the embrace, needing it for just a moment, before the parted, and he smiled in her direction, quickly turning away when he found his eyes burning. No, he couldn't let himself tear up, not here at least, and once those were dashed, he returned with a smile on his face.

At Evika's question, he nodded his head. "You're more than welcome to set him in there. Aka and Burlap will keep an eye too. They're good boys as well." The hybrids were getting better about knowing their place, and Vigil had been good about that. Besides, the blue was the one who would be the main lizard to keep an eye on things. "Vigil though, as always, will keep his watch." The blue gave a little chirp, his promise that he would. "Would you like me to prepare some more food for everyone, Evika? Do you need anything else while you set him down?"
LdyPayne

Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:31 pm

Evika smiled in gratitude to L'van, some of the old fire she had for the handsome bronze igniting deep within her chest but she pushed it aside. Their time together was long ago and she was certain he had other lovers in his life now. She was wise enough to see her liberation from Igen was for Lerina's sake, not because L'van wished to have her back in his life as anything more than a friend.

"I'll get Lervesel settled," Evika said. She gave her head a shake when L'van asked if he should have more food prepared. 'You have plenty out already, we're fine."

Lerina watched her mother, wondering who Lervesel's father was. In time she'll find out not that it was all that important anyway. As the father wasn't here with them Lerina was certain it had happened from a mating flight and likely meant nothing. What concerned her the most was whether the boy's father would want to be a part of his life or was he just as glad not to know? Lerina new she was one of the lucky ones to have her father a part of her life even if not a constant presence growing up.

Shiava rose as well, deciding she might as well help settle Lervesel, maybe sit with him till he fell asleep. She didn't know L'van all that well, it wasn't her he came to see back when he was still part of Igen. Not that Lerina ever made her feel bad about not having her own father visit. "I'll help you get Lervesel settled mother, everything here is so strange to him I am sure he'll settle better knowing we're both with him."

"Thank you Shiava," Evika responded. She led the way to L'van's bedroom to get the baby settled, leaving Lerina alone with her father.

Setting her mug down Lerina gave her father a one handed hug, just glad her family was back with her. Looking up at him she smiled, "It's great to have Mother and my brother and sister here, I really did miss them, or at last Shiava since I didn't know about Lervesel till now. Are you going to be good with her here? I know you and mother weren't committed at any point to my knowledge...and you do have another woman in your life now."
Ember

Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:03 pm

He watched as Evika took to the bedroom with her son and daughter, and then glanced down as Lerina approached him. His arm went around her and he nodded at her words. Anything between him and her mother, as far as he was concerned, had come and gone Turns ago. His feelings were for another now, and that other knew... well, she might not know who she was. The feelings had sparked, become something more, on a recent basis. Things had been fun up until now, but he supposed that was something he and his lady friend would deal with should it ever come out in the open between them. Until then, it was his business, their business. Besides, he wasn't that much in a rush to open up about things... he was rather comfortable and happy with how things were at present time.

Shaking his head free of clouds and thoughts, and whether or not she might be awake still once he was finished tending to Lerina and her mother and siblings, he glanced down at his daughter and smiled at her again, arm going around her shoulders. "It's going to be fine having her here, sweetie, I promise. Your mother is a friend, and very important to you. So even if we're not together, she's going to be important to me because of that fact. I'll make sure she's placed in a good Wing once she's ready to get back to business, and you know that means any of our Wings would be fine for her." He gave her a little squeeze. "They'll be lucky to have her, any one of them. I remember her to be a strong, fit rider. I have no doubt that she still is."
LdyPayne

Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:16 pm

There was a time in her life Lerina had hoped her father and mother would realize they were madly in love with eachother and become Weyrmates. A childhood fantasy she was certain every girl had when their parents lived separate lives. Now that she was much older and mature Lerina didn't need her parents to be together to know both loved her dearly and would be there for her. What her father did to bring her family back together was something that came out of love, not for her mother but for Lerina and for that she'll forever be grateful to him. Lerina was certain her mother would never forget it and admire and respect L'van all the more even if her heart wasn't his. A solid friendship was just as special and Lerina was free to spend time with either and her sister too in a way she wouldn't have been able to if it wasn't for L'van.

"Mother will do well in the 'Wings, that I'm not worried about." Lerina smiled at her father. "I no longer have any reason to go back to Igen and I am glad. The leadership there never appreciated the true value of who we are and that is to their loss. Maybe in time more open minded people will take charge and change Igen into a more tolerant and forward thinking place but I doubt it'll happen in my lifetime."

ooc: good spot to wrap?
Ember

Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:42 am

It was a shame they had to feel that way. They both had family there still. He had made friends there both in and out of the Wings. To know that those people, especially the family that remained lingering behind, had a difficult time reaching out at times could hurt, but he understood. There was no way to understand what went on when they weren't there, and he wouldn't judge, but at least Lerina had her family with her, and that was all he could ask for right now.

"I'll see to things in the morning. We'll enjoy the company tonight, and then we'll get everyone settled." He gave her another embrace as her mother returned, and he ushered the two women back to the couch to settle in and relax. It was the least he could do for the two of them, both special in his life for different reasons - his daughter for one, her mother for another. While nothing would ever come between them, she would at least hold a special place in his heart for what she gave to him long ago - a daughter that they both cared for and loved.

ooc: Looks like a good place to end to me! <3