Arrivals | Fawkes - Safryn

Not the large stone caverns that Weyr people are used to, these are buildings built on the top of the cliff, sometimes referred to as the Weyr Cliff. These buildings are all the same size, with multiple apartments for dragonriders to live in in each building. Because of space constraints, dragons sleep in large pavilions built around the dragonrider apartments.
Shaihulud
Pronouns: She/Her They/Them

Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:13 am

Early Spring, one day before the Hatching
New Atricis Weyr

The trauma of the last sevenday left Inez numb every morning she awoke. She had cried far too many nights, that it left her in a permanent state of exhaustion and withdraw. Iorveth comforted his sky, assuring her that she was alive, but Inez question whether or not that was enough with her husband dead, and her mother suffering the very ruin of reputation and her livelihood. With her children disowned by Cador, and their father dead, Hesiden and Rhianez no longer had a future in the hold.

Iorveth, however, made sure to point out the very thing she dared to consider since took them from Barbiollette, They're better off in a weyr, anyways.

Inez wanted to agree with her brown, but she also recognised the benefit of being a Holder someday. Now Hesiden would never have that opportunity, that life of privilege and success.

He'd be happier in the weyr. You were miserable in the hold. Another valid point. He might even Impress one day, as well as his sister.

Yes, Rhianez, no matter her future in the hold, would fair far better in the weyr. The weyr always afford a woman more opportunity than they might ever have in the hold. Rhianez could begin to stand on the sands once she was of age, and in all likelihood would Impress. As a rider, Rhianez would be able to accomplish almost anything, and would be spared of the ridicule and despair of the hold. But for Inez's mother, life might very well be over.

After her exile by stoning, A'rosius managed to find Enide and return her home. She was naked, cold, and defeated; her very dignity stripped from her. Now she stared off into the world as though she lost the will to live. Over the days to pass leading to their exile from Benden, Enide had begun to lose weight noticeably. She hardly ate and slept, and when awake she stared off. Inez attempted to coax the woman to speak, but Enide lacked the will to answer. She was a shell of her former self. It was not until the morning of the transfer that Enide gave any indication returning to her former self. Inez suspected it had something to do with the arrival of Mul'rec.

Together, with A'rosius and the children, the family left for New Atricis Weyr. At the insistence of the Bendenite Weyrleaders, they were never to return to Benden Weyr, not so long as Cador lived.

Upon their arrival to New Atricis, they were to report directly to the Weyrwoman herself due to the sensitivity of the situation. Together, the family approached the door, and gave a knock, nervous as to how they might be recieved after the trauma they endured in the North.
Fawkes
Junior Admin
Title: The Majestic Birb
Pronouns: She/Her, or Birb

Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:41 am

The knock upon her door was not unexpected, and the woman rose with grace as she moved to answer it. The Weyrwoman been informed that her visitors had been through a hardship, yet it was always better to hear the story from the source so she hadn't asked too much about the details. Her home was always inviting and welcoming, and as the door opened the scents of a spiced stew lingered in the air with the waft of baked bread fresh from the oven.

"Please, come in." Safryn started, smiling softly at the brownrider and her brood, stepping aside to invite them into her abode. The living room had a comfortable chair waiting for the mother who looked ready to sink into the cushions without another thought, and plenty of attractions for the children to occupy them. Her own children were of nearly the same age as Inez's and there was certainly enough to keep them entertained for a while.

"You're safe here, I promise. Please, make yourselves at home." The redheaded woman said, closing the door behind them and stepping into the room to make sure they had all they'd need. "I hope you haven't eaten yet, I made a dinner that's sure to fill you up, but save room for dessert, because I just might have a few sweet treats in the kitchen for you as well." The goldrider started, looking from Inez to her mother, and saving a knowing smile for the children when she mentioned dessert.

"May I get you anything Brownrider Inez?" Safryn asked, standing up a little straighter as she regarded the Lady, a soft smile on full lips. "I assure you, your family is as safe as can be here." The Weyrwoman re-iterated, glancing toward the older woman and the young children with a fondness.
This Intoxication Thrills Me,
I Only Pray It Doesn't Kill Me

Safryn ~* *~ Kitiara ~* *~ V'an ~* *~ Ay'li ~* *~ Elysia ~* *~ Kent ~* *~ Isolde ~* *~ Omri'vis ~* *~ Daela
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Weyrwoman || Wingsecond || Weyrling Asst. || Wingleader || Wingthird || Wingrider || Weyr Guard || Strikeleader || Candidate

If You Want Something You've Never Had,
You Must Be Willing To Do Something You've Never Done.

#332500/#C1A00C | #8AA259 | #A8482A | #B69064 | #667A8C | #155710 | #969696 | #181D68
~ Character Tracker ~ | * Marks Tracker *
Shaihulud

Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:47 pm

"Please, come in."

Though worn from the events of the last few days, Inez managed to recognise the kindness of the Weyrwoman, and was thankful for it. "Thank you, Weyrwoman," Inez nodded. With Rhianez's small fingers tucked within Inez's own grasp, the brownrider helped her daughter into the room. A'rosius followed behind her with Hesiden. The little two turn old seemed exhausted from the long flight, and curled in the bluerider's arms. Given even the slightest reason, the boy might break into a fit of tears, but judging by the redness of his eyes, it seemed the child had cried enough on the trip to Safryn's door.

Behind Inez entered the mother, Enide, and at her side, a familiar face. The towering brownrider, Mul'rec, walked into the room, and gave a nod to Safryn, though he spoke not a word. It had been some time since he had last spoken with her. It seemed she had only grown in his absence.

"You're safe here, I promise. Please, make yourselves at home. I hope you haven't eaten yet, I made a dinner that's sure to fill you up, but save room for dessert, because I just might have a few sweet treats in the kitchen for you as well."

"We haven't, your grace," A'rosius answered for them all. At Hesiden's outstretched command, A'rosius handed the boy to his mother.

"May I get you anything Brownrider Inez? I assure you, your family is as safe as can be here."

"Your assurance is all we need," Inez replied, grateful for Safryn's support. Slowly, she eased into a chair with her son in her arms, only for her daughter to climb up and join them. Her arms filled with the children, Inez pressed kisses into their hair, and whispered into their innocent ears that all would be well again. As she did so, Gwen landed onto the arm of the chair, and nuzzled against Hesiden's thigh. The little boy responded, reaching out to the firelizard who rubbed against him warmly in turn, and made soft croons to sooth the remains of his worries.

Mul'rec helped to ease Enide into her own seat before he finally spoke to the goldrider. "How much of the situation have you been apprised of?"
Fawkes
Junior Admin
Title: The Majestic Birb
Pronouns: She/Her, or Birb

Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:28 am

While she'd been expecting Inez and her family, she hadn't expected to see two more familiar faces enter with them, and a kind smile was given to the bluerider who held the little boy. She vaguely remember this willowy man and it took a moment for the name to reach her thoughts, yet the next to walk in was quite the familiar face indeed. Her lips curled without thought into a warm and knowing smile for Mul'rec and for a moment she was tempted to embrace the brownrider, yet she realized this was not the time or place for such things, not yet. They would have time to get reacquainted once Inez and her family were settled.

The goldrider stepped aside politely as the group made themselves at home in her living room for the time being. She'd already begun to make arrangements for their own sleeping quarters, but it would take some time to clean out the rooms and make them presentable again. For now, they were her guests and they were offered every luxury she had available for them.

When the mother was comfortable now, Safryn smiled gently at the elder woman, though gaze that looked back at her was a distant one. Perhaps in time, she would recover from their ordeal, yet the Weyrwoman was not keen in pressing either one of them until they were ready to speak. So it was when Mul'rec spoke up, the queenrider turned attentive ears toward him, a slow glance over the living room and the refugees within, settling fondly on the femme brownrider and her children nestled in the armchair.

"Not much I'm afraid." The redheaded woman began in response to his question, the flutter of her gaze toward the older brownrider and back again to the woman and her children. "Enough to know that safety and support was needed, and Atricis isn't the sort to turn their backs on those in need." The goldrider stepped up a little closer to Mul'rec and her gaze shifted back to the older man, reaching to place her hand gently on his arm. "There will be time enough for that later though. Come, help me with serving the stew and give them a chance to relax for the moment." Safryn added in a bit softer tone, and then patted the man's arm as she gave a slight bow of her head toward Inez and excused herself to tend to the kitchen detail.
This Intoxication Thrills Me,
I Only Pray It Doesn't Kill Me

Safryn ~* *~ Kitiara ~* *~ V'an ~* *~ Ay'li ~* *~ Elysia ~* *~ Kent ~* *~ Isolde ~* *~ Omri'vis ~* *~ Daela
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Weyrwoman || Wingsecond || Weyrling Asst. || Wingleader || Wingthird || Wingrider || Weyr Guard || Strikeleader || Candidate

If You Want Something You've Never Had,
You Must Be Willing To Do Something You've Never Done.

#332500/#C1A00C | #8AA259 | #A8482A | #B69064 | #667A8C | #155710 | #969696 | #181D68
~ Character Tracker ~ | * Marks Tracker *
Shaihulud

Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:37 pm

Envoy Mul'rec and Brown Dragon Galuth

Try as Safryn might, Enide did not acknowledge the warmth Safryn attempted to send to her. Instead, the woman stared off into the void like a dragonless man. Only the barest hints of life were shown in the way the woman hesitated to release Mul'rec once he set her down, yet even then she remained distant with her mind a world beyond between.

Mul'rec tried not to think too much on the matter. What was lost now, was simply lost. But the fact Inez and her children stood before him with such vivacity, despite the terror of their ordeal, gave him hope that no matter what happened to Enide, all was not lost. Inez still shined with a willingness to fight; the children looked to the world with hope; and watching over them all, A'rosius. Steadfast A'rosius. As the bluerider lowered down to speak with little Rhianez, Mul'rec could not help but allow the faintest smile to show. That man would always be there to fight for his family, even when Mul'rec no longer could.

"Not much I'm afraid. Enough to know that safety and support was needed, and Atricis isn't the sort to turn their backs on those in need." And so long as Mul'rec had allies like Safryn, he knew his family would be safe. When she stepped closer to him, the brownrider lightly reached out to touch her arm in response to her own physical assurance rested upon his own arm. "There will be time enough for that later though. Come, help me with serving the stew and give them a chance to relax for the moment."

"Of course," he murmured back to her. With a glance spared to his family, Mul'rec followed after Safryn to give her the hand that she required. As he helped to serve Inez, Enide, A'rosius, and the children, he found himself looking to Safryn, noting all the ways she had embraced her identity as a woman of power. "I believe Werywomanhood has suited you well, Safryn," he managed a smile for her alone. It did not seem so long ago when she clung to his frame, beckoning him for guidance, only to take from him the pleasures he so willingly offered... but that was turns ago, and he was an old man now. "Thank you again for providing my family sanctuary. I do not think it is possible for me to ever fully express my gratitude."