Me and You -- {Keetin / Altreis}

Not the large stone caverns that Weyr people are used to, these are buildings built on the top of the cliff, sometimes referred to as the Weyr Cliff. These buildings are all the same size, with multiple apartments for dragonriders to live in in each building. Because of space constraints, dragons sleep in large pavilions built around the dragonrider apartments.
Fawkes
Junior Admin
Title: The Majestic Birb
Pronouns: She/Her, or Birb

Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:31 pm

• {Fuzzytimed to the day after Lauruth's Flight}
They had been so sure they were going to win this time! Kelpieth had burned for her, pushing himself further than he ever had to win her favor and still she chose another, those flames snuffed out in one fell swoop. As Elysia watched another man take hold of Keetin's hand, there was a flare of jealously that rose within her, but there was nothing she could do about it either and so had turned from the room and stalked her way out. For a brief moment, the handsome faces around her blurred, the lusts that still lingered hot in her veins encouraging her to take one of them to bed with her. Yet Kelpies' flame had gone out and he needed her more than ever right now, so the bluerider brushed past all the tantalizing moths and back into the rows of apartments.

Once she had reached her glorious and tired blue, they both pined for the ones they'd lost and sought some comfort in each other instead. She lay there between his forelegs, the pale blue sinuous neck draped over her lap and the large head laying nearby and they talked about how next time they would do better, they would train, they would woo her all Turn long, they would do whatever they must to win Lauruth's favor next time. Kelpieth wanted to twine with the most beautiful dragon of all time, his queen, and Elysia...well, she wanted to be with Keetin, and there was something so different about Flights, the link you shared with your dragons at the same time... It was something she wanted to experience with the zultaniterider too.

And so after the candlemarks spent consoling each other and vowing to do better, they had fallen asleep like thus in the pavilion and only awoke the next morning to the bright rays of a dawning Rukbat shining in their eyes. Elysia gave a mighty yawn and stretch, only to find out she had not slept as well as she thought, the aches of sleeping in that position making themselves quite known in those first few movements. That's not quite as comfortable as it used to be Kelp. The rider remarked, rubbing the crick in her neck as she stood up and arched her back as well. Well, you aren't as young as you think you are. The watery blue retorted, perhaps a bit snarky in these early morning hours and remembering what he'd lost the day before.

Hey now, that's not fair. The young woman said, giving the blues' shoulder a shove as she looked up at those big eyes staring back at her. We'll go see them, first chance we get alright buddy... But you know Iolith wont be leaving for a while, so be patient. Elys added, reaching up as if to scratch his chin, and usually the blue would dip his head in response to meet her half way, yet this time Kelpieth left her hanging and her hand hovered in the air for a moment before dropping to her side once more. This time really got to ya, didn't it Kelp? To which the dragon promptly gave a snort and ruffle of wings that was as clear of a sign as any to the rider. Alright, alright. Maybe we should go somewhere, to the beach maybe? Or the old camp?... I know! We can go back to that river valley in the mountains, remembering flying through that? All the waterfalls and dives, wending and winding our way through, perilously missing those craggy rocks? That was fun, lets go do that. Elysia said, allowing herself to get a little excited at the prospect and practically bouncing on her tiptoes, but Kelpieth's croon seemed to quiet her spirits.

I don't feel much like adventuring today dearheart. Another time maybe. The watery blue said softly, his gaze shifting toward where he knew Lauruth would be slumbering with her newest mate, where he should be the one laying with her. With another snort and a huff, Kelpie turned away and withdrew further into his pavilion and curled himself into an tighter ball than before, whirling facets slowing into a melancholy fade. Elysias' gaze lingered for a moment longer, yet she knew there wasn't much she could do at the moment. It was not the first time that Kelpieth had been a bit of a sore loser, though she knew it ran a little deeper this time around. First chance we get, we'll go see them, I promise. She said softly with a smile for her dragon, mentally embracing the blue as he lay there, and then slipping out of the pavilion and back to her apartment.

Elysia had a pretty leisurely morning then, having risen so early and she got all her obligations out of the way first, making sure her fair of flitters were properly fed, bathed and oiled and then took care of herself. She soaked for a good long while in the bath, savoring the hot water and moment to herself, perhaps even lingering a bit too long and her fingers and toes were all wrinkled like dried fruit by the time she emerged. Wrapping a robe about herself, she just sorta, floated around the apartment, doing a little of this, and little of that. She read a little of her book while nibbling on a light breakfast, mostly fruits and sweet breads, and then began to tidy up a bit in the kitchen and living room where it needed it most. All the while Kelpieth seemed to be ignoring her, so she talked with her flitters instead. Pricket hadn't tolerated it for long and so she'd sent the green on her own little mission, but Mozzie seemed to stick around and listen to her, warbling or trilling every once in a while as if responding. Shady seemed to like to hide, so she began to make a little game of finding the basilisk while she cleaned and the onyx would skitter off into another spot, while Shiny fluttered about her, alighting on her shoulder every so often and plucked her hair with those little claws.

Her little cleaning spree had taken her into the bedroom where she started in on the top of the dresser, which was just a mess of whatever was left over in her pockets after the day and it was cluttered with knick knacks already. She was in the midst of clearing it off when a puff of cold air startled her and she glanced to the source, the return of her green firelizard, who chittered rather hastily at her. Elys had sent Pricket to spy on Lauruth and Iolith, to tell her when the blue dragon had left and presumably his rider with him, so that the coast was clear for her and Kelpie. She had a sudden burst of energy and flew to her closet, beginning to rifle through her clothes to find something nice to wear. Get up Kelp! Up! Now's our chance. She roused the pouting blue, poking at him mentally so she couldn't be ignored. With a rumble in the back of her mind, she felt the dragon come back to her and get to his feet. Hurry up then. Kelpieth chided as he strode from the pavilion, keen gaze looking toward his beloved.

I'm hurrying! Elys called back, hastily picking out a pair of black trousers and a loose fitting, yet appealing forest green blouse. Slipping into the garments, she barely had time for all the buttons when she felt Kelpie pulling her on. Go, go, I'm right behind you. The woman encouraged her dragon as she hopped out of her bed room, putting on one shoe, and then hopping on the other leg to put on the other shoe. Almost as soon as Kelpie had leapt into the air, the bluerider was bursting from her apartment and jogging through the rows of buildings once more, this time she knew she'd find what she was looking for though.

Just outside the zultanite's pavilion was a ruffle of wings and a soft warbling welcome as Kelpieth touched down just outside. He wanted to be near her, but he was not her mate and he didn't want to provoke her if his presence was not welcomed. Beautiful Lauruth, you are more radiant with every passing day. The watery blue complimented, hoping he would not be pushed away and yet inwardly pining that it was not he who could twine with her now as he yearned to crawl under the canopy with her.

Thankfully, though not really all at fair in the scheme of things, Elysia didn't have to worry about being cast out when she reached the zultaniteriders' apartment. At least, she liked to think Keetin would be happy to see her, because she would certainly be happy to see him again. With Iolith and Sid'nis gone, presumably the young man was alone again and ripe for the picking. There was only the briefest knock at the door, just enough to announce herself before she tried the handle and let herself into the familiar apartment. She opened her mouth to call out for him, but thought of something else and instead moved further into the apartment quietly. The bluerider found him in the bedroom, standing before his own closet with naught but a towel around his waist and hair still wet from the bath. Without a word, Elysia stepped up behind him, wrapping her arms around his lean torso and pulling them together and laid her head against his shoulder, facing with him with an impish sort of smirk. She let the surprise wear off for just a moment before leaning in and pecking a kiss or three to his cheek and then grinning even wider. "Mine." Elys said simply, her arms giving him a playful squeeze.
This Intoxication Thrills Me,
I Only Pray It Doesn't Kill Me

Safryn ~* *~ Kitiara ~* *~ V'an ~* *~ Ay'li ~* *~ Elysia ~* *~ Kent ~* *~ Isolde ~* *~ Omri'vis ~* *~ Daela
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Weyrwoman || Wingsecond || Weyrling Asst. || Wingleader || Wingthird || Wingrider || Weyr Guard || Strikeleader || Candidate

If You Want Something You've Never Had,
You Must Be Willing To Do Something You've Never Done.

#332500/#C1A00C | #8AA259 | #A8482A | #B69064 | #667A8C | #155710 | #969696 | #181D68
~ Character Tracker ~ | * Marks Tracker *
Altreis

Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:31 pm

Keetin had a certain schedule as regarded Lauruth's Flights, checked with and approved by the other queenriders. Obviously the rest of the day was recovery but the next morning...the next morning Keetin liked to take "off". He cleaned up from the Flight and then went on to do what work he could from home so that he could relax for the morning. It was still work and he was ever diligent with it, but there was something nice about being in his apartment while doing it. He could nibble at a snack, sit on the couch, even lay on his bed, on his stomach no less. By the midday meal Keetin was generally ready to go full-out again in his duties as a queenrider, starting with checking on Lauruth. After all Flights didn't stop her needing bathing and oiling. Their gear needed tending to as well. All part of the usual schedule.

For her part Lauruth was content to sleep a bit late and then spend some time curled up with her mate. She rather liked cuddling and Iolith seemed quite happy to cuddle. Of course duty eventually had to interfere, Iolith and Sid'nis leaving for their work. Lauruth grumbled slightly but remained where she was, curled up on her pavilion.

Why does Iolith have to go? the zultanite pouted. I am positive Sid'nis can manage without him-unless there's a Fall of course, or Sid'nis must leave the Weyr. If he's just sitting in the Infirmary all day though, why can't my mate stay with me?

You know full well why, love, Keetin replied absently. He was trying to be there for her, at least as much as she needed him to be, but he was also rather preoccupied. He had sheets to change, pillows to fluff, a bath to get to, unfinished paperwork awaiting him...

Lauruth huffed. I wish you could take a day off, she muttered.

Clean sheets were found and placed on the bare bed, the old sheets tossed with his clothes from the previous day. You know that too, he said with a chuckle. Now stop grumping or I'll have to sic Venna on you. He felt Lauruth scoff at the very idea, though she fell silent and let him work.

Dirty things were put in their place but the bed was left unmade for now. Keetin wanted to get himself clean before he handled the clean sheets and such. No need to get them dirty too. Besides, his muscles definitely needed a good soak. Lauruth always did give him quite the workout when she Rose!

While Keetin was enjoying his bath, Lauruth roused herself finally and stepped to the edge of her pavilion, looking out. Keetin might like a water bath but she was thinking a sun bath might be nice. Where was a good spot though? Hmmm. Warm sand anywhere? A ledge soaking up the heat? Bah...but then Rukbat was not nearly high enough yet. Its light was still weak. With a growl of frustration Lauruth withdrew, settling back where she had been. At least her warmth still remained in that spot...

Her head shot up when she heard a warble. Had Iolith-no, she recognized that voice, a moment before the dragon landed outside her pavilion. Kelpieth. She might not have chosen him for her Flight, to sire her next clutch, but Lauruth was no less fond of him for that. She crooned a greeting to the blue but let him speak first.

At his compliment she snorted softly, a rumble building in her throat. I cannot possibly be more radiant than I am at the peak of my Flights, but I appreciate the sentiment. Did you come just to stand there and talk at me though? There was a sly edge to the zultanite's voice as she regarded Kelpieth. Then she grumbled. Work has robbed me of my mate's company yet company I want. Kelpieth, if you have time, will you stay with me? The plea was genuine; Lauruth wanted another dragon to curl up with even if they were not her mate. Her mate got priority of course but if he was not around...a girl was allowed to have friends!

By then Keetin had managed to both clean himself and loosen up. It was easier to move, his muscles complaining less and stretching better than before. Now however he needed to find some clothes and make his bed. A robe was wrapped about his middle, more out of habit than modesty since he was alone in his own apartment. Keetin had toweled himself off the best he could but his skin was still slightly damp and his hair...yeah it would take the better part of a candlemark to dry, if not more than a candlemark. For now he was as dry as he was going to get which meant...clothes!

Thus it was that he was standing at his closet, looking through his things, when suddenly a pair of arms wrapped around him from behind. Someone had let themselves in and now that someone grabbed him? Keetin was surprised, startled slightly, but in a heartbeat he had a good idea of who was behind him. This was just the sort of stunt that-

"Mine."

Keetin's lips spread into a wide grin. Exactly the voice he had been expecting...and he couldn't say the word it spoke was a surprise either. "Good morning El," he said, chuckling as she was kissing his cheeks. He turned slightly, just enough so he could loop an arm around her middle and tug her to his side. He then rested his forehead against hers, meeting her eyes with a warm smile. "Or...did you come here so that I could make this a good morning?" There was no denying the smirk he wore then nor the teasing, suggestive tone in his voice. Whenever he was around Elysia...something about her...he was almost always in a playful mood.
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Fawkes
Junior Admin
Title: The Majestic Birb
Pronouns: She/Her, or Birb

Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:10 am

The croon that greeted him made the blue's hopes soar in delight as he edged a little closer. Her new mate was away, yet Kelpieth did not want to seem as though he is trying to poach her away from Iolith either so he thought to keep his distance. However, that thought didn't last long as her plea was ever so tempting, and who was he to deny the request of such a lovely queen? The watery blue stepped up toward the entrance of the pavilion and gave a respectful dip of his head toward Lauruth with a soft croon. What so ever my queen desires, shall be hers. Kelpieth warbled as he nosed into the tent and moved toward the glowing zultanite. And indeed you are more radiant today that even at your peak yesterday. For today, and each day to pass, you are giving life to a new generation, and for that you will constantly be glowing. The blue continued to compliment, though he knew he was laying it on a bit thick on purpose for the sage queen.

With a contented rumble, the watery blue settled down beside the beautiful zultanite and nuzzled his dark nose softly against her neck and shoulder. Though he was disappointed this was not his permanent position at her side, he would enjoy it while he could and make silent promises to win her over next time. Surely next time, she would see how doting of a mate he would be, he'd never leave her side unless he absolutely had to and he intended to show her that.

Inside the apartment, Elys gave a girlish little giggle when the young man turned to face her and his arms around her pulled her in tighter. An impish sort of grin tugged at her lips at his suggestion and her hands slipped slowly down his sides, tugging teasingly at the hem of his robe. "Maybe I came here to make your morning even better.... No wait, you're right, it's my turn now." The bluerider started seductively, leaning into Keetin with those large doe eyes looking up at him. Yet a mischeivous glint in her eye and she turned the tables once more and her hands seized the robe and pulled him against her as she stepped up into the kiss.

It was a heated kiss that was the sort she had wanted to give him when she saw him yesterday during the flight, one she'd been saving up since then. When they finally parted again, the bluerider smirked almost playfully at the queenrider as she took a small step back. With a scrunch of her nose though, she reached out and gave the young man a lighthearted shove against his shoulder. "Why didn't you pick us again?" Elys said, sounding jokingly hurt at the thought, she knew it was Lauruth's choice and no one could make it for her, she was just poking a little fun at Keetin while she could. "I'll have you know, I was all night consoling a certain sulking blue and he's only quiet now 'cause we're here." The young woman continued, poking at the zultaniteriders' chest with a curl of her lips and stepping in a little closer again.
This Intoxication Thrills Me,
I Only Pray It Doesn't Kill Me

Safryn ~* *~ Kitiara ~* *~ V'an ~* *~ Ay'li ~* *~ Elysia ~* *~ Kent ~* *~ Isolde ~* *~ Omri'vis ~* *~ Daela
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Weyrwoman || Wingsecond || Weyrling Asst. || Wingleader || Wingthird || Wingrider || Weyr Guard || Strikeleader || Candidate

If You Want Something You've Never Had,
You Must Be Willing To Do Something You've Never Done.

#332500/#C1A00C | #8AA259 | #A8482A | #B69064 | #667A8C | #155710 | #969696 | #181D68
~ Character Tracker ~ | * Marks Tracker *
Altreis

Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:52 pm

For a brief, fleeting moment Keetin was so very tempted to tease Elysia that his morning had already gone very well. Two things stopped him though: one, it was a bit of a mean joke and two...Elysia herself. In the same breath, the same sentence, she pulled a one eighty. Instead of making his morning better she insisted it was her turn-and she was not at all shy about taking what she saw as hers!

Keetin snorted out a very short laugh as he was pulled into a delicious kiss. The laughter inside fizzled once that kiss registered however; Keetin happily allowing himself to be absorbed in it.

When they parted there was no denying the extra shine in his eyes. "So then," he began-only to stop when he saw Elysia scrunch up her nose. A stinkface? Why? Keetin liked to think he wasn't off his kissing game. Then came the shove and the protest, teasing him again and yet...a part of him really wanted to ask that very question. He knew that Lauruth was fond of Kelpieth. The two dragons probably came as close as dragons could to being a couple. Yet...to date Lauruth had not chosen the blue as her mate in a Flight...not even once. It was very puzzling to him.

Now, Keetin was positive that Elysia was at the very least exaggerating about staying up all night consoling her sulking blue, but he still could not help a mental prod at his zultanite-who caught his train of thought and snorted-both mentally and physically, much to her displeasure.

My apologies for that Kelpieth; it was not directed at you. My rider is having silly thoughts. You must go through the same with Elysia here and there. A rumble began to build deep within her then, Lauruth chuckling at Kelpieth's over the top compliments. So if I were to believe you, I am not nearly as bright and radiant when I Rise? You have a very interesting way of insulting me. Yet still she rumbled, the barb being more of a poke at the blue-ironically much the same as his rider was giving hers.

Elysia was closer once more. She knew better by now than to do that, especially when they were teasing one another. Keetin always took advantage of her closeness...and this morning was no exception.

"Sounds like you could use a very, very good morning," he purred, voice a little deeper-right before he scooped her up into his arms. "So tell me Elysia-are you hungry? Thirsty? In need of a good bath? Or perhaps you want a good excuse to take a bath?" The smirk he wore was impish as he leaned over her, daring her yet also making it clear the next move was hers. He did, however, indulge himself a little. He had to hold her up; there was no hard rule on where exactly his hands were as long as they managed to keep her off the ground. Two could play this game after all.
Image Image Image Image Image Image