A Blue Evening (Tag: Parker/Sid)

Not the large stone caverns that Weyr people are used to, these are buildings built on the top of the cliff, sometimes referred to as the Weyr Cliff. These buildings are all the same size, with multiple apartments for dragonriders to live in in each building. Because of space constraints, dragons sleep in large pavilions built around the dragonrider apartments.
Altreis

Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:12 pm

A smile painted itself across Keetin's lips as he wrote the food order down. So far he could not complain about his Flight experiences. The riders of the winning dragons were pleasant company. The latest, Sid'nis, was no exception. Insisting on giving Keetin more of a back rub then simply light scratches, perfectly willing to leave or stay as Keetin wished-though honestly rudeness of that sort was not tolerated in Atricis anyway, especially towards those of higher rank. He didn't have to remotely consider such things with Sid though. They were of the same mind on such matters it seemed.

Now, his morning was only getting better. Though he didn't react beyond the smile, Keetin did catch a glimpse of the long look Sid'nis was giving him. The zultaniterider was perfectly flattered by such looks. He was good on his word too, should Sid wish to indulge. Keetin even teased as much when he returned to his bed.

Ah, but his thoughts had not encompassed the reasoning Sid'nis gave him. Though not particularly skin shy, Keetin was a queenrider and needed to maintain a certain public image. Giving some random person running a delivery errand an eyeful of himself with another person...no. He would not do that. Even hearing him with another...that was not okay. It was inappropriate, disrespectful on some level too.

Thus Keetin frowned for a brief moment. "I did not think of that...and I really should have," he said thoughtfully as he rejoined Sid'nis in bed, letting the bluerider pull him closer. A moment later though, he gave Sid a curious look. "You guess hm?" Keetin replied thoughtfully. "Well for starters, if you ever heard of the crazy little boy who insisted he would be Pern's first male goldrider, you heard of me. When Lauruth chose me...I admit, I was not happy. For about half a minute I really didn't want to be her rider. My long-time dream of Impressing a gold would be over. However I could not turn her away, could not reject her and cause her such grief. It...didn't help that another, a Stands Impression, had gotten far closer to an actual rejection not long before she hatched. I really, really did not want to give everyone a repeat of that. I was disappointed, a little heartbroken to have to give up on my dream, but Lauruth was more than worth it. I have never regretted letting her into my mind and heart."

He glanced at Sid. "By the way, you sounded a little unsure. If talking is a bit tricky, or you would rather have some quiet, we can go that route. I could see about returning the back rub while we wait on the food."
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Parker
Site Admin
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him

Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:33 am

Sid's eyebrows knit together as he searched his mind for any knowledge of a young boy determined to impress a gold. "Yes, I think I heard rumors of someone fitting that description, but...to be honest...even if I remember rumors I hardly ever pay them any mind." There were more rumors in a weyr than there were dragons and that wasn't an exaggeration. He tried to never believe them when he heard them, but apparently that one had come from something true.

"I do remember your hatching though and what almost happened to that blue. Such an awful situation, but it could have been a lot worse." He was sure the entire weyr had been shocked that someone would so vehemently refuse a bonding like that, but Sid was not that man and wouldn't pretend to understand what he had been thinking. "There's nothing wrong with being disappointed in a dream not coming true. You obviously love Lauruth and that is all that matters." Sid's hands continued the massage he had been giving to Keetin.

He placed a few soft kisses over the zultaniterider's shoulders. "I don't mind talking." He stated easily. "I suppose I'm just not comfortable talking about myself, but I'd love to talk about you all you want." It was an honest confession. Sid couldn't say that he liked himself yet for all he did what he could to change things, so talking about himself was...difficult.
Image Image Image Image Image
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Car'vis and Corentivis | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

.::..::..::..::..::..
PC Character Tracker | Marks Tracker | NPC Stash
Altreis

Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:47 pm

Ah so Sid'nis was not the type to deal in rumors. And he had kept himself more out of Flights for a lot of his time as a rider. He was perhaps one of the most gentlemanly riders Keentin had met yet. He also seemed very honest, remembering the stressful Hatching Keetin had Impressed at and specifically the little blue whose near-rejection had shaken the entire cavern. To be fair though, the blue had opted for a non-candidate-one who was not expecting nor desired to Impress. And in the end Lorcan had accepted his dragon as well. No permanent harm done. And the incident had definitely helped when Lauruth hatched. Keetin might have foolishly clung to his dream a little harder...but he could not hurt the dragonet that wanted him.

Sid was speaking of that even now, how it was disappointing to have a dream broken-and that it was okay to be disappointed. Keetin did love Lauruth, dearly, and with her he felt he had found a new dream just as good. She might not be a gold but she was a queen. Keetin was one of the junior queenriders of New Atricis Weyr. He could hardly be happier.

Sid's reply about talking surprised Keetin a little. He had gotten the impression that Sid'nis was trying to make idle conversation, trying to be polite and considerate. Perhaps he was, but the talk itself was not the sticky point. Sid did not want to talk about himself. Hm. Well it wasn't in Keetin's nature to pry, at least not into matters that seemed painful.

Keetin grinned as an idea struck him, turning to meet Sid's eyes as best he could. "Orrrrr...we could talk about the amazing dragons that brought us together. Perhaps you would like to tell me about Iolith? He's going to have eggs; something not many blues can boast." Keetin was perfectly happy to avoid talking about Sid'nis much if that was what the bluerider preferred. "And as for talking about yourself...I might not ask much but some tips should we have a certain kind of fun after breakfast would be greatly appreciated. I try to give my guests a very pleasurable experience, to the best of my ability."
Parker
Site Admin

Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:31 am

"Orrrrr...we could talk about the amazing dragons that brought us together. Perhaps you would like to tell me about Iolith? He's going to have eggs; something not many blues can boast."

Sid'nis smiled and gently gave a nibble to one of the zultaniterider's shoulders as a pleased gesture. He was glad that the young man hadn't immediately taken the 'why don't you want to talk about yourself' route. He understood, that was the most likely question from people when told that, but the fact remained that he really didn't wish to speak about himself. At least not too much. He understood it was nigh impossible to not reveal some times about one's self when getting to know someone, which was essentially what they were doing now. Talking about their dragons would reveal some of himself, but it was parts he didn't mind talking of.

"I was just a healer when Iolith picked me. I was on the side lines of his hatching, there to make sure if there were any injuries that they were seen to quickly. Instead, out of no where, came him wobbling up to me on shaky legs, declaring I was the one for him. I was shocked and over filled with joy. I know I'm biased, but because he picked me...I think he is the most wonderful of dragons." Every rider thought their dragon was the best. "I am very proud to say that Iolith has sired two clutches now. He caught Zultanite Chansoneth during her maiden flight. There were eight eggs that came of that mating. All of them hatched healthily. There was even a brown and a pewter in that clutch. I wonder if he'll top it with Lauruth's clutch." Sid could only hope so.

"And as for talking about yourself...I might not ask much but some tips should we have a certain kind of fun after breakfast would be greatly appreciated. I try to give my guests a very pleasurable experience, to the best of my ability."

"Should we have?" He asked with a playful smirk. "Here I was already counting on it." He teased with a wink. Of course if Keetin changed his mind he would not be upset. "I'm not sure how much good my tips would do or if I'd even have any, but sure... Though I can assure you now that I am already very pleased with my experience with you, queenrider."
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Car'vis and Corentivis | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

Altreis

Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:55 pm

Keetin could not help a laugh of pure delight when Sid'nis told him exactly how his Impression to Iolith had gone. "The dragons always know and the healers must always be there in case of injuries. Tell me Sid'nis: did they ever prepare you for it? If not it might be something to consider. 'Oh and by the way, if you work the Sands during a Hatching do be prepared for the possibility of a surprise Impression. Those little dragonets will snap up anyone if the person fits them best.'" He grinned at Sid, having a good time with their conversation so far.

Then... "Oh shells!" Keetin burst out, laughing more. "Iolith is a proven sire? Sheeeeells. The second Lauruth hears she'll be insufferable! She's already quite pleased with herself and her choice, believe me. When she hears he has sired a clutch before...well let me put it this way: I hope Iolith is not opposed to being gushed over."

Aha and Sid'nis was still very much in a good mood, playful even. Keetin could not help but grin at the tease. "Yes, should we have. You better believe I am not putting a firm yes or no on that until we get that far." The grin softened into a kind smile. "I really mean it Sid. I am not going to push you one way or the other. However I am glad you seem so eager for dess-"

He broke off as Venna burst into the air above them with a smug trill. She was quite pleased with herself, having carried out her job with her usual finesse.

Keetin chuckled. "And that would be breakfast now. Hang on a minute Sid'nis; I'll go bring the food in here. Breakfast in bed should help mitigate my lack of experience later eh?"

Quickly the zultaniterider donned a robe and went to answer the door, where indeed someone was waiting with the food. Keetin had come up with a system after Lauruth's Maiden Flight and the subsequent morning with R'mia: he sent Venna with a note and when the food arrived Venna let him know. She was better than knocking and with her help any potentially awkward situations were well avoided. Keetin was always dressed and ready when he answered the door. The zultaniterider was nothing if not discreet where discretion was called for.

"Soooooo," Keetin called, drawing the word out as he re-entered his sleeping quarters, "come pick out what you like. There's plenty here that suits my fancy so don't worry about taking too much or whatever." He wagged a finger at Sid then. "And don't think I forgot what you said. You may be pleased so far but that does not mean I can...uh...shards sorry but for lack of a better expression...push all the right buttons. I will do my best of course but with your help I am confident I can do much, much better. Oh and if you would like a cup of klah...? It's good and hot."
Parker
Site Admin

Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:29 am

Sid couldn't help but chuckle a little. "No, I'm afraid they didn't tell me anything like that. I mean...sure stands impressions happen on occasion, but I guess you never think that it is going to happen to you. I'm glad I'm one of the rare lucky ones." He wondered where he would be now if Iolith hadn't picked him on that fateful day so many turns ago. Honestly, he didn't care. For all the shit he'd been through he wouldn't trade his blue for the world. "It is an idea to consider. Perhaps you should bring it up at one of your meetings." He suggested. He was just a lowly wingrider, so it wasn't as if he got to make calls like that. Still, if the healers were warned it could happen then perhaps they wouldn't be caught as off guard when it did.

"Yes, that he is. He's rather proud of that fact to. I know he'd say to tell Lauruth that...you know, in case it gives him more of an edge in later flights." Sid winked at him. His blue was incorrigible when it came to being a sire. Even now he liked to check on his other children from time to time to see how things were going. Sid found it amusing and endearing.

Sid'nis was going to say something, but then the knock on the door interrupted them both. He watched as Keetin got up and put a robe on so he could go to the door to get their breakfast. "You don't have to make up for anything Keetin. Inexperience doens't equal bad or not as good as experienced people." He said firmly. Yes, experience was nice and a good thing, but it wasn't the only way for things to be enjoyable or pleasurable. He stayed in bed and waited until Keetin returned with their tray of food. From where he was it smelled amazing. He hadn't realized how hungry he really was.

"I'm coming." Sid said as he pulled the covers off of himself and stood up. He didn't bother with clothing. Why would he when they were likely just going to be removed again. He gave a tall stretch which clearly showed off his tattoos and lean muscles before he walked over to Keetin. He couldn't help but moved up behind the young man and leaned down to lightly nibble on his neck. "Knowing what buttons to push is a good thing, but everyone's buttons are different." Sid said as a hands sneakily untied the robe he was wearing and then slipped under the fabric to explore the warm skin there. Perhaps food could wait...

Then his stomach growled again. "We should eat quickly so we can get to that dessert." Sid suggested before he grabbed a plate and a few of the items, plus a cup of the klah. He then headed back to the bed and sat on it while waiting for Keetin to rejoin him. He began to dig into the food and eat it ravenously. "Tell me, Keetin, do you normally bottom when you're with men?" He asked curiously.
Image Image Image Image

Altreis

Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:04 pm

Keetin was not the least bit surprised that no one had ever mentioned the possibility of Impressing to the Sands healers. Dragons choosing anyone not a candidate was...well...uncommon. He hesitated to even think it rare with the sheer amount of Stands Impressions Atricis alone could boast. As such it was a possibility worth acknowledging and preparing for. Who knew? It might even help prevent incidents such as the near-rejection from the Hatching Keetin had Impressed at. Half the problem could easily be shock and if the people were warned ahead of time that could be lessened.

"You know Sid'nis," Keetin murmured thoughtfully, "I do believe I should. Stands Impressions are not all that rare here and if the shock factor could be reduced it might be a great help. Even a quick lesson of what to do should you Impress and reminding everyone of the resources that will be available to them in that event so they can catch-up on what the candidates already know. All of it could make those inevitable, not-so-rare Impressions less of a surprise or outright shock. It could help smooth things out. I like that." He grinned at the bluerider. "I think I will bring it up at the next meeting. It is at the very least an idea worth exploring, in my opinion."

A smirk was given at the "hint" Sid gave him concerning Iolith. "I don't need to tell her; she has her ways of finding the information she wants. Even if she does not search my mind she could ask Iolith and I bet he would be all too happy to comply. As for whether or not he will win her again in the future...all I can say is his hide is the right color, ha. Lauruth seems to have taken a liking to the blues. Beyond that I have no clue."

As he retrieved their food Keetin could not help a mental snort of laughter. Sid'nis was bound and determined to reassure him about his lack of experience. "I am not utterly lacking in the experience department anymore," he assured the bluerider once he had presented the tray.

Anything else he was going to say momentarily fled his mind when Sid got up. The man was not at all hard on the eyes, even if the degree of tattooing was unusual. And the stretch? Even better. Keetin was looking forward to dessert-

-especially when Sid'nis teased him so! Shells but Keetin did rather like being held from behind. Maybe-

A light, good humored laugh burst from him as Sid's stomach yet again interrupted, making its demands known. "Yes, let's feed that little dragon inside of you so it will settle and allow you to enjoy your dessert."

He waited, grinning, while his guest chose what he wanted and settled back down. Only then did Keetin sest the tray down and put together his own plate. "Oh and I am well aware that everyone has different buttons-why did you think I asked?" There was an edge in his voice, a glint in his eyes when Keetin looked again at Sid'nis. Mischief colored the zultaniterider's current mood. "I have some experience, yes, but not with you. I want to learn so I can give you that much more pleasure and I think you can agree that of everyone in this Weyr there is no one better to teach me than you."

Keetin rejoined Sid'nis on the bed, beginning to eat, when Sid asked of him a question that caught the zultaniterider off-guard. He paused, eyes hazing over as he thought. Did he have a preference? A habit? Flights tended to be a blur and with R'mia he had been so busy learning...

"Ah...I...do not think my memorable experiences with men are currently enough to determine that..." He trailed off and opted to take a drink of his klah to buy time. "My most regular contact outside of Flights is actually a gir-woman. Beyond that mostly I have been focused on learning how to please my partner. I usually enjoy myself plenty so I wish to make sure they do as well."
Parker
Site Admin

Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:26 pm

"I think I will bring it up at the next meeting. It is at the very least an idea worth exploring, in my opinion."

"Good. I mean...it can't hurt for there to be more specific guidelines in place for people to follow should they find themselves in the position of being impressed to from the sands." Honestly, he wasn't at all sure why something like that wasn't in place already. Stands impressions happened few and far between, but they happened regularly enough that people were less surprised by them happening than if they didn't at all. Well, those being impressed to from the sands were probably plenty shocked enough. He knew he had been when it had happened to him.

Sid'nis chuckled. "I'm sure she can and Iolith will be thrilled to know that she prefers the color of his hide to that of his larger rivals." He really was proud of his beast. For all the hardships the two of them had been through together, Iolith was still a happy and content creature. He really could stand to learn from him. "To brag for my blue a moment, he really is a good mate from what I can tell."

He couldn't help but immediately start to stuff his face with food once he was settled on the bed again. His stomach was demanding, but the rest of him was becoming more demanding. The faster he ate, the faster he could get desserts and that was what he was really wanting now. He watched as Keetin joined him back on the bed with his own food. "Oh...I see. You're curious about my buttons specifically." He said with a smirk. "Well, yes...I suppose there really is one person who can say what my buttons are and I'd be happy to let you find them." He said suggestively. Sid figured that this would not be a common occurance between them, but where he was right now in his life he wasn't against the casual night of fun.

"Ah...I...do not think my memorable experiences with men are currently enough to determine that...My most regular contact outside of Flights is actually a gir-woman. Beyond that mostly I have been focused on learning how to please my partner. I usually enjoy myself plenty so I wish to make sure they do as well."

"Giving should be as pleasurable as getting." Sid agreed. Even now he would not call himself a selfish lover. "I can't say I like one more than the other, either. Depends on who the other person is. Which would you prefer for our dessert?" He asked with a coy wink. He was pretty sure that during the flight he was the top, but that was how it generally went for him during won flights. He was flexible though and if Keetin preferred to be top this time, he was perfectly happy with that.
Image Image Image Image

Altreis

Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:05 am

It was a minor thing, suggesting all who attend Hatchings had a basic knowledge of what to do should they Impress. More importantly, they would know that it was a very real possibility. On the sands like the healers, in the stands like those who came to watch, it made no difference to the dragonets. They would choose the one that suited them best, candidate or not. Yeah...helping cut down on the shock factor and the "Uh...what now?" factor would go dragonlengths to helping. Keetin was full aware though that he was still rather young. Safryn and Rhianwen had a lot more experience than him. Still, it couldn't hurt to offer a suggestion.

Keetin chuckled when Sid bragged about his dragon. "Well unless he's a golden tail chaser he should be fine. From what little I know of him he seems a friendly sort. As long as he's loyal enough Lauruth will be quite besotted with him-at least for now. Dragons...they just don't like monogamy eh?"

An eyebrow went up at what the bluerider suggested next. "Happy to let me find said buttons?" Keetin inquired, amusement entering his tone. He gave an exaggerated sigh then. "Fiiiiiine, if I must I must. Figures it couldn't be as easy as you telling me what buttons to push for maximum effect!"

Keetin was just giving Sid'nis a good ribbing though; he was happy enough to learn for himself as long as Sid'nis had the patience for it. Hmm...and neither of them had a solid preference towards positioning.

"Oh?" Keetin drawled, smirking. "Well then how about this: I need to find these buttons. As long as you don't mind me fumbling while I do that, good. Seeing as that involves a lot of trial and error, who can say how it will go? Perhaps we should simply do and see how we end up."
Parker
Site Admin

Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:27 am

"Well unless he's a golden tail chaser he should be fine. From what little I know of him he seems a friendly sort. As long as he's loyal enough Lauruth will be quite besotted with him-at least for now. Dragons...they just don't like monogamy eh?"

Sid'nis laughed and shook his head. "No, he most certainly doesn't chase golds. I love him and think he is the best, but we both know he wouldn't stand a chance with a gold." He wasn't large enough, really, to stand a chance at catching the golds, so there was no point in him wasting the energy in trying. "It may be cynical of me, but I sort of get it. Monogamy can be a bit overrated." Yes, that was cynical of him, but that was honestly how he felt at this point.

"Happy to let me find said buttons? Fiiiiiine, if I must I must. Figures it couldn't be as easy as you telling me what buttons to push for maximum effect!"

Dimples deepened as he leaned over and placed a warm kiss on Keetin's shoulder. "I have no problem giving you hints or letting you know if you're doing something I really like, but for me to just tell you what my buttons are is a little too methodical and mechanical. Besides, you're not the only looking for buttons. I'll be trying to find yours as well." Sid explained. He dragged one of his nail down his spine slowly and teasingly.

"Well then how about this: I need to find these buttons. As long as you don't mind me fumbling while I do that, good. Seeing as that involves a lot of trial and error, who can say how it will go? Perhaps we should simply do and see how we end up."

"I don't consider it fumbling, more of a far more intimate and private sort of adventure." He ate a few more bites of his food and drank some more klah, however, the more they talked about finding each others buttons the more he wanted to skip right to dessert. "I have a prediction....I think no matter what we're going to end up exhausted and very satisfied."
Image Image Image Image