A Blue Evening (Tag: Parker/Sid)

Not the large stone caverns that Weyr people are used to, these are buildings built on the top of the cliff, sometimes referred to as the Weyr Cliff. These buildings are all the same size, with multiple apartments for dragonriders to live in in each building. Because of space constraints, dragons sleep in large pavilions built around the dragonrider apartments.
Altreis

Wed May 30, 2018 4:37 am

"Mmmmmmm...." Keetin groaned softly as he became aware of himself once more. The zultaniterider stretched, grunting at the pull of his muscles. He could feel it: Lauruth had had a good Flight...and so had he. Though his beautiful girl was asleep now, he knew she was well pleased with her new mate. She would likely sleep for some time yet; mating Flights demanded a lot more from the dragons than their riders and said riders ended up plenty worn out themselves!

With a sigh of contentment Keetin rolled over, letting one arm drape lazily over his partner's torso. Oh yeah...he wasn't the only one here. His eyes opened and Keetin carefully picked himself up so as not to disturb the other rider.

Who has Caught me this time? he mused as he propped himself up on one arm. It was something of a game and a courtesy that Keetin tried to identify the winning rider without needing to ask them or Lauruth.

The answer? Someone with quite a bit of tattooed skin. Keetin blinked at the degree of it. Though he had no interest in tattoos he knew some liked to decorate their bodies with them. In Walled tattoos were even used to designate slaves. Still, looking at how much of the man's skin was inked... Keetin shivered. Yikes. That was a lot of needle stabs. Was a little body decoration worth all that pain?!

Okay so...did he know any riders that were full of tattoos? Very slowly and carefully Keetin shifted, trying to get a look at more of the man in his bed without touching or shifting him. The other rider was still asleep and Keetin had no interest in waking him. Let him rest. It would be poor manners indeed if he woke the man just to satisfy his curiosity.

Hmm...perhaps if he thought of the Flight. What dragon had Caught Lauruth? He was pretty sure her mate was an unusual color. A sport? No, she had opted for a blue...Iolith! Of course it was Iolith; no blue looked as close to being a sport or chimera as he did! Teal-green hide, deep violet areas...Iolith was a walking, flying example of the two extreme ends of the blue dragon hide spectrum. And if he had won the Flight, his rider had to be the one with Keetin. There was no way someone else would have gotten to sleep with him; Elysia would have pounced him the second she got the chance. If ever Lauruth chose a dragon that was not Kelpieth and whose rider didn't show...

"Sid?" he murmured out loud, glancing curiously at the sleeping bluerider.
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Parker
Site Admin
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him

Thu May 31, 2018 4:53 am

While on the outside it would seem the bluerider is resting peacefully, inside his mind is torment. Sid never has nightmares....not in the normal sense of the word. His nightmares are never things his mind conjures out of bits and pieces of things. His nightmares are always memories, true memories, that sometimes get fused together to try and make an even worse memory than what the real ones were.

Like now....he was reliving his time as a slave in Walled. Stuck doing whatever it was his captor wanted if he wanted to stay alive. Every little detail was so clear in his mind's eye. All the despicable things he'd been put through. All the things he'd been made to do. He knew he was the victim...but that didn't make him feel any better about it. Then, his traitorous mind decided to combine his memories of being a captive with the guilt he felt over what had happened with Kinali.

Sid... Sid...

Sid?

The bluerider woke with a start, sitting up in bed and looking about wildly for a moment. Calm down, Sid. You're alright. It was a nightmare. You're with Lauruth's rider. Iolith's soothing voice broke into his mind. Sid's breathing calmed and he could sense that his blue was currently curled up with his mate. That's when the flight came back to him. His blue had won. Blinking his teal blue eyes a few times he rubbed a hand through his hair and took a final deep breath to still himself. Right, thanks. He turned then to see Lauruth's rider, Keetin looking at him.

"Sorry. Bad dream. I hope I didn't bother you." He apologized quickly, but he stayed sitting for the moment. "How are you doing?" He asked politely.
Image Image Image Image Image
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

.::..::..::..::..::..
PC Character Tracker | Marks Tracker | NPC Stash
Altreis

Thu May 31, 2018 11:16 pm

Whoa! Keetin jerked away slightly when Sid'nis roused. One second he was asleep, the next he seemed to all but bolt from the bed. And that look he wore! "Easy Sid, I don't bite," Keetin assured him, trying to help him calm down. "Um...if you like I can roll over and you can get dressed, leave? If this is uncomfortable for you...I would like to fix that any way I can."

Except it shouldn't be? Keetin was utterly puzzled. Sid was a seasoned rider; he knew how to keep his head during Flights. He had knowingly, willingly snuck into Keetin's apartment. Even then, it had been Sid who came to him when Lauruth made her choice, not the other way around. The fact they'd slept together as their dragons danced in the skies above should have been fine with him; so why did he look like...like...almost like he'd been drunk or something and taken advantage of. Shells Keetin hoped not. He was not that kind of guy, not even when Lauruth was Caught. He'd have been perfectly happy having Elysia's company instead if Sid minded.

Yet as he puzzled over it, Keetin could see Sid beginning to relax. Maybe he just had a tendency to wake suddenly like that? There was no way Keetin would know.

Then Sid finally looked to him and spoke. A bad dream hm? The way Sid woke it had to have been really bad. And yet he was worried about bothering Keetin! The zultaniterider snorted softly and shook his head. "You're bothering me about as much as a thick fur on a cold night," he said, trying to lighten the mood. "And I believe I am doing a bit better than you, since I did not have any dreams let alone bad ones." He tilted his head at Sid then and reached out to clasp a hand to his shoulder. "How are you though?" Keetin asked, concerned. "Anything I can do or get for you to help chase away the echoes of that dream?"
Parker
Site Admin

Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:36 am

"You're bothering me about as much as a thick fur on a cold night,"

Sid'nis managed to give the younger man a chuckle for that analogy. He was happy that he wasn't bothering the queenrider, but he couldn't say the same for himself. He ran a slightly shaky hand through his messed up hair and then rubbed his face and eyes. The memory of the dream was still there, just behind his eyes. He knew it would be awhile before he could even begin to pretend to forget about it.

"How are you though?" Keetin asked, concerned. "Anything I can do or get for you to help chase away the echoes of that dream?"

The comforting hand was appreciated. He reached over and patted the zultaniterider's leg. "I'll be alright. I promise. No, not really. Being awake and away from it is helping enough." Sadly nothing could chase away the echoes of the dream especially since the dream was based on true memory. It was kind of him to ask if he could help though. With a long sigh of relief, Sid laid back down on the bed.

"I'm sure you've awaken to better flight partners before. I am sorry about that." Sid said as he looked up at the young man. "How are you doing? You know...other than me probably giving you a fright." He asked. Sid generally wasn't too rough of a flight partner, but he always asked just to be sure. "Oh, uh, I probably shouldn't just be making myself at home in your bed. If you'd like me to get dressed and leave, I can."
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

Altreis

Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:08 am

Sid still seemed a little shaken by the dream he'd had. Just how bad had it been? However Keetin knew better than to ask. The best thing to do with bad dreams was forget them. The quicker Sid did that the better he'd feel. At least he managed to get a chuckle out of the man with his little joke. That was a start!

Too bad there was nothing else he could do. According to Sid the only thing for it was what Keetin already knew: being awake and forgetting it. Still...

Keetin shrugged. "If you change your mind the offer stands-and not even just for chasing away the bad dream. Until you leave you are my guest and I intend to be the best host I can. Which...sounds more formal than it's meant," he admitted with a laugh. "I really am happy to order food, something to drink, or show you out if you prefer."

To which, ironically, Sid'nis followed up completely the opposite. At that point Keetin could not help laughing. "What a circular conversation we have going!" he exclaimed. "I ask what you would like, you ask what I would like, and where do we actually get to?" He grinned at Sid. "And stop that, silly. You make yourself out to be an awful Flight partner when you're not. I might not remember exactly what happened, Flightlust and all, but I do know I enjoyed it. Now, afterward, you are a very considerate and kind companion. By the way, you didn't scare me. I mean...I guess you startled me a little? Mostly I was worried I had done something wrong...like you might not have wanted to join me for the Flight. You see I...don't like to take advantage of someone like that..."

Keetin fell quiet for a moment, staring into space. No, he did not like that at all. He was the sort of guy who would resist a drunken person's advances, fight with them to get them home, and tuck them into bed to sleep it off. He had absolutely zero interest in indulging what was not a one hundred percent lucid desire.

Then he remembered Sid and shook his head. "Sorry, spaced out for a minute there. I was sort of asking you that earlier actually. I don't mind if you stay, I don't mind if you want to go again, or share a meal, or simply leave. Please tell me Sid'nis: what do you want?"
Parker
Site Admin

Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:07 am

Sid'nis couldn't help but laugh, a real laugh, not a half-hearted one, at Keetin's observation. They really were going in a circle with their conversation. "No where, we get no where doing that. I suppose we're both trying to be too...polite." He agreed. He gave the queenrider a wide smile as he said he wasn't a bad flightpartner and that, even if he didn't remember it all, he did enjoy it. "Oh good. I can't say I remember more than bits and pieces either, but what I do remember was very enjoyable. Oh no...I wanted to be here. I wouldn't have came if I didn't. I promise you didn't take advantage of me. I am of the same mind. I don't like taking advantage of anyone." His demons asked him why was he then still taking advantage of Rath, but he ignored them.

"Sorry, spaced out for a minute there. I was sort of asking you that earlier actually. I don't mind if you stay, I don't mind if you want to go again, or share a meal, or simply leave. Please tell me Sid'nis: what do you want?"

"No no, you're fine. Umm...well...to be honest, I don't think I've had anyone ever offer to have a second round." He said as he sat back up. Sid took a moment then to really appreciate the rider he had fallen into bed with. He was young and not at all unattractive. It was certainly something to consider. He turned towards him more and raised a hand to lightly scratch the man's back. His stomach gave a loud rumble then. "Apparently I am hungry. What about you? You're the esteemed queenrider. What do you want?"
Image Image Image Image

Altreis

Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:39 pm

Now that was much better! Keetin met Sid's grin with one of his own. Hearing Sid laugh was very good. That more than anything should help chase away whatever remnants of that dream remained. However if the conversation stalled, if Sid'nis had time to think...that could change. At least for now, even if they went in circles, at least they were talking and Sid was focused on Keetin, not the dream.

It was an immense relief when Sid'nis went on to say that he had meant to show up. Some part of Keetin fretted that maybe, just maybe, despite the turns of experience as a rider Sid had been caught off-guard. Keetin had not remotely forced anything but...he really didn't want an unwilling partner. Flights should not lead to pain like that.

What he said next though surprised Keetin. Never had anyone offered a second round? Surely those were not so rare? There were riders who took advantage of the armbands and closed doors but there were plenty others who enjoyed Flights. With all the Flights that happened, however had Sid managed to never come across someone interested in more than one round? Shells Lauruth's first Flight had landed Keetin with R'mia who had not only opted for more but had been, mercifully, a good teacher. Keetin had been far too inexperienced back then. Now he liked to think he was at least a decent lover with both men and women. There was more to learn, more to refine, but he at least had a good foundation finally.

His thoughts were interrupted by the gentle scratching of his back, though Keetin remained silent. He was happy to silently soak in the moment. Sid'nis' stomach, however, was not, and made its demands known quite vocally.

Keetin looked at Sid and chuckled softly. "I told you: I want to be a good host. I do believe your stomach has an excellent idea of where to begin though. Judging by the light we've had a candlemark or two. I can send for some food and drinks, some sweets for dessert too, if you would like to share a meal here. Again though: if you want to go please don't feel any obligation to stay. You are free to do as you wish; I would not be any happier sort of...holding you here as it were...than I would be chasing you out. We have the evening to do as we please and I am perfectly flexible with how the evening will go. So what sounds good to you Sid'nis? A meal? Heading home? Conversation? A meal and conversation followed by a romp? Cuddles? I am all ears."
Parker
Site Admin

Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:48 am

Sid'nis saw the look of surprise on Keetin's face. "Don't look at me like that. I use to be far more modest. Not that I'm not horribly flattered by the offer." He said with a small smirk on his face for the younger man. "To be honest, I haven't always joined in flights...so I probably missed some opportunities." Sid had never joined in flights when he was in a serious relationship and for the better part of his romantic life he had been in serious relationships.

The hand on his back switched between softer caresses and light scratches. His skin was warm and smelled like sunshine and dragon oil. It was inviting and it made him realize what he'd missed out on all those flights he had joined in when he could have maybe gotten second rounds with. Well, perhaps now he would start seeing about getting second rounds more often. For right now he was happy to just enjoy Keetin for while he could.

"Having the food brought to us is a great idea. I really don't feel like getting out of bed yet." Sid'nis said a bit cheekily. "I really have nothing to do this evening. I certainly don't mind staying for a bit if you don't mind me staying for a bit. All of that sounds good and it would rude of me to leave before dessert." He gave him a playful little wink, then leaned over and kissed his shoulder. For now he avoided the question if he was single. He was going to assume he was, because he really didn't want to think about it if he was in a committed relationship. He waited for Keetin to send a message with a food order to say more. "Well, there is one thing you listed we probably should wait on doing till after food. Until then..." Sid laid back in bed and gestured Keetin after him.
Image Image Image Image

Altreis

Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:38 am

Ahhhh shells; was he that obvious? Keetin managed a smirk right back at Sid'nis, though he was less than thrilled that his surprise had been so easily recognized. In this instance Sid was taking it well but what guarantee was there that another person, in another situation, would not take offense? In the future he would have to try and do better. For now he simply enjoyed the company of his fellow rider.

"Nothing wrong with modesty, or keeping to yourself," Keetin assured him softly. "Heck, you have no more obligation to sleep with me than you do to stay or go. Mmm...well to a degree at least. In the morning I really need to be ready to go back to work but for now I'm free and I really don't mind which route we take. Even this is quite pleasant: relaxing in bed, back rub of a sort that I am happy to return if you wish..."

He trailed off then, thinking-but not thinking so hard that he missed what Sid'nis said next, nor the tone. The smirk he'd thrown together became more genuine. "Around and around we go...where we end up, who knows?" Keetin laughed and got out of bed, calling Venna to him. He quickly wrote out a list of foodstuffs and drinks to be sent to his apartment, double checking with Sid to make sure there was plenty he would like to eat and drink on the list.

No sooner had Venna blinked between to deliver the message, however, then Sid spoke again. Keetin glanced at his guest, seeing him relaxing. "Perhaps," Keetin mused aloud as he returned to his bed. "Depends on if you want a bunch of food weighing you down or not." There was an impish look in his eyes now, Keetin letting his fingers trail up one arm to the bluerider's shoulder. Yet, for all he teased, Keetin did not push. If Sid wanted more he was certainly capable of saying so or even doing so. Keetin was not about to stop him. In the meantime he was going to relax and enjoy sharing his bed with the handsome bluerider.
Parker
Site Admin

Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:38 pm

"No, there's nothing wrong with that." Sid could not say that he was so changed as that he wasn't at all modest anymore. He just was no where near as modest considering how he use to be. Keeping to himself though...that he didn't do. Anymore if he wanted company or the prospect of company happened, then he generally all for it. The smile on his face widened, which sent his dimples in deep, as Keetin mentioned just enjoying the back rub. "I'd hardly call this a proper back rub. Hang on." Sid said and then moved to sit behind the zultaniterider. He used both hands then to begin kneading the flesh gently.

Sid didn't hide the way he admired Keetin's form as he got out of bed to write the message for food. After a moment, he realizes that he is staring at the man and manages to pull his head away. Though, he supposed that Keetin wouldn't mind being stared at by him. The life of a rider, even those that rode the queen dragons, did not suffer physically from it.

When Keetin returned to his bed, Sid returned to the back rub he'd been giving to him before. His comment made him laigh a little. "I wasn't partularly worried about the food weighing me done. He commented with a smirk. "I was thinkin more of the person delivering the food to us seeing something they probably wouldn't want to. Or us having having to stop the fun to go and get the food when it arrives." His hand pulled him a little closer against. "For now...I guess...tell me something about your self." Sid suggested.
Image Image Image Image