You Need Help? Look No Further ~ Tag: K'uavaen.

Not the large stone caverns that Weyr people are used to, these are buildings built on the top of the cliff, sometimes referred to as the Weyr Cliff. These buildings are all the same size, with multiple apartments for dragonriders to live in in each building. Because of space constraints, dragons sleep in large pavilions built around the dragonrider apartments.
Parker
Site Admin
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him

Fri May 04, 2018 4:15 am

Locke had been sure to read his sweet children a bed time story, and then another bed time story because Xacke demanded it, before he tucked them in and gave each a kiss on the forehead goodnight. Once they were asleep he went about doing the dishes and cleaning up the table from dinner while Kent relaxed from a hard day. It was a very domestic scene, one that was vastly different than the normal scene of his alter ego. Locke rather loved being the stay at home husband. Sure he had some duties for the weyr, but being an official grounded dragonrider, there wasn't as much he had to do compared to Kent. Once he was done cleaning up for the night he joined his husband for some cuddling on the couch before he had plans to leave for the evening. Kent knew about them, of course, since Locke was keeping to his word about being totally open with him. This wasn't a big thing either, so with a promise to wake his love up later for some fun he left.

The Bottoms might have been the place he knew the best, but he wasn't dumb to the things that happened in the weyr. Locke knew how to keep his ears open and for the most part, things didn't interest him, but occasionally he would hear things that did. Like the news that one of the grayhandlers of the weyr Pack had been arrested by Justicars and taken back to the Walled to stand trial. A part of Locke felt for the woman, but not so much that he gave it more than a passing thought. That is until he heard that the woman's bluerider lover was looking for a way to get her out of her predicament. Now that interested him since he knew that this man had at first tried to get help through the proper channels. Locke could have told him to not waste his time with the proper channels. They never worked. Now that the man was open to less....legal means...that gave the Reaper an idea. While his plan to stop the slave ring was pretty well put together, he was a bit worried that just he and I'ent would be enough to stop it. If he had the help of another well...that might tip the scales in his favor.

Dressing in his Reaper clothes, Locke quietly slipped from their apartment and then made his way to the apartment of a certain bluerider. He was glad to see that the man wasn't home yet, so he easily helped himself inside. While he had the place to himself he couldn't help but snoop around a little while the bluerider wasn't home. When he was bored doing that and figuring that the man would be there shortly, Locke found a dark spot and settled in. Normally, he kept his face uncovered, but considering he was approaching this man as the Reaper and there was a chance he knew who Locke was, he decided to keep his real identity secret. So currently he wore a masquerade type mask.

It wasn't too long before the door to the apartment door creaked open. Locke waited until the man was inside with the door locked before he finally made his presence known. "Good evening." He spoke with a smirk.
Image Image Image Image Image
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Car'vis and Corentivis | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

.::..::..::..::..::..
PC Character Tracker | Marks Tracker | NPC Stash
Kate

Sun May 06, 2018 3:15 am

Why can't anything ever go right?. That was the thought running through the blue rider's head as he sat in the dining hall, just starring at what was left of his food. Unfortunately, he hadn't had much of an appetite since the day he had found that note. Sure, he was hungry, but every time he ate, he just, ate because he knew he had to. Nothing really seemed appealing to him anymore. K'uavaen took a few more bites before he pushed his food away, running a hand through his hair as he glanced around. Why he was here, he had no idea. Quiet honestly, he didn't want to be around anyone anymore. Putting his hands to his head, he sighed softly to himself. Farnath how he wished this had never happened. Everything had been perfect between them, for once, everything had felt right. The blue rider knew that for sure for himself, and he knew that Isolde had at least felt somewhat like that as well.

As he sat there, the letter kept playing through his head. As Isolde had requested, he had been checking in on Isadella and doing things with her like he had before. She missed Isolde, probably even more than K himself did. The blue rider tried his best to keep her spirits up, but some days it was hard. Most days though, she seemed to be taking it in stride, almost better than K'uavaen.

The other promise, he hadn't been able to keep. He hadn't been able to just let her go like that. The feelings he had for her were to strong. He had to do something. At the very least, he had wanted to make sure she was not in prison anymore. Honestly had had tried pretty much everything he could think of. Went through every legal way he could find to help her out, but nothing ever seemed to work in his favor. Feeling the burn at the back of his eyes, he quickly scolded himself. Getting upset was not going to help Isolde. There had to be a way to do something, a way he just hadn't thought of yet.

K, stop being so hard on yourself. You're not going to come up with anymore ideas in your state. You need to go get some rest.

Synsith HAD always been the voice of reason, but it seemed even more so now, since everything had happened. K'uavaen knew the blue was right, and he reluctantly got up, and headed back to his own apartment. Now that Isolde was gone, he had just moved back into his own place, but he had kept some stuff from his time with Isolde as well. Like the little trinket he had bought her in Benden. It hadn't been a big deal, but it held far more sentimental value to him now.

Walking in, he shut the door behind him, locking it as he did so. Before he could even turn back around he heard a voice behind him, and it made him freeze. Turning around, he stared at the person in his apartment. "Just who the hell are you? And how exactly did you get in here? What do you want?" While he was wondering about this guy, and a bit nervous, he was more frustrated than anything. Who exactly did this guy think he was? Just breaking into his apartment. Frowning, he kept his eyes trained on the person, not daring to move them off of him until he knew more.
Isiana & Andromedath | A'ric & Behemoth | K'uavaen & Synsith | Talen & Khonlen | Devyn & Isamuyn
Parker
Site Admin

Thu May 10, 2018 6:27 pm

"Just who the hell are you? And how exactly did you get in here? What do you want?"

Full of calm and arrogance, Locke was not at all surprised by the man's reaction to his greeting. Absently he adjusted the mask he now wore. A trinket he'd kept from the masquerade party he'd gone too not long after coming to New Atricis. He generally hated masks. Any thief worth their salt didn't need to hide behind a mask. If they were good then they were never seen. Still, he was glad he had kept it for this situation. Generally he would never consider working with someone at New Atricis as The Reaper, but he had a feeling they could help each other out.

"What I want is to help you." Locke stated in his easy-going manner, but he stood up then. He could feel the bluerider's eyes on him like glue, but that was fine. He couldn't blame the man for being cautious. "I do so apologize for keeping my face hidden. I'm afraid, at this point, it is necessary for both of our well beings." He apologized and then moved to the kitchen area. The ease of which he helped himself to getting them two glasses and procured where K'uavaen had kept a bottle of whisky hidden likely would not do him any favors with the bluerider. He moved over to the table and sat down the bottle and glasses before he poured them each some.

"I am of little importance, so I hope you don't mind if I keep my name to myself right now." Even his voice was disguised to sound differently than how he normally talked. Instead of the traditional lilt of being someone raised in The Bottoms, he affected a smoother tone of someone from the upper ranks of Walled nobility. "Most call me The Reaper, but I swear the title is more bark than bite." He didn't want the man to think he was there for some nefarious purpose....well, more nefarious than why he was actually there. He picked up one of the glasses and handed it to the man.

"I've heard you've been looking for someone that may be able to help your girlfriend out. Isolde, of Gray Reshelde, yes? I may be able to give you the help you need. You see, I am very familial with Walled Hold and know some of the Justicars personally." A small, devious smile split on lips partially hidden from view at the thought of the Justicars. How he loved to tease and toy them so, especially Jarken. "So...will you hear me out or should I leave now?"
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Car'vis and Corentivis | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

Kate

Sat May 12, 2018 3:32 am

Dark eyes continued to look at the man sitting there, and the blue rider didn't know what to think. Obviously, this guy wasn't going to hurt him, or at least that was what he assumed. If the man had wanted to hurt him, or anything, he probably would have already. The mysterious stranger probably wouldn't ahve sat here talking if he had other intentions. When the man finally spoke, K'uavaen couldn't help but continue to stare at him, although this time it was more in disbelief of what he had just said. "Help me?" Before he could get anything else out the young man was moving to his kitchen and taking out some glasses and the liquor he didn't really keep out in the open. Frowning, be watched him. "Wnat do you mean neccessary for our well beings? I have no idea what you're talking about."

As the stranger poured them each a drink, the blue rider was a little hesitant to take his, not knowing what was going on. Honestly, the man wasn't really sure if he should even take the drink or not. He wasn't sure exactly what he was suppposed to do or say at the moment. His senses were on high alert, so he didn't. Finally, he picked up one of the glasses, taking a small sip. "the Reaper huh? I believe I've herd the name, but not much else since I've been here."

While the blue rider continued to keep his guard up, he did allow himself to take another sip of the drink the stranger had poured him. Just as he swallowed it, the man spoke once agian. Confusion came across the blue rider's face pretty quickly. The rider had not really told too many people what he had done, or what he had been doing, trying to get Isolde back. Word must still have spread though if this other man knew about it.

Frowning a bit, he shook his head. No..you can stay. I've honestly tried everything I can think of to try and help get her back here. Nothing I am doing is working. There's just got to be something I haven't been thinking of though. If you know the people there though, I guess I can't exacty refuse your help. I want her out of there, I want her safe."
Isiana & Andromedath | A'ric & Behemoth | K'uavaen & Synsith | Talen & Khonlen | Devyn & Isamuyn
Parker
Site Admin

Sun May 13, 2018 1:53 am

"Help me? Want do you mean necessary for our well beings? I have no idea what you're talking about."

Locke gave a small chuckle. "Of course you don't know what I'm talking about, that's sort of the entire point. Obviously I can't tell you why it is necessary without putting you in danger." For all he did not want to get K'uavaen in trouble for knowing who he was, he was more interested in making sure that himself stayed nice and safe from any risk of his identity being exposed.

"The Reaper huh? I believe I've herd the name, but not much else since I've been here."

He nodded his head and took a sip of the drink in his hand. His alter ego was not nearly as well known here as it was in Walled, but there were enough street rats of the Bottoms now living here that some of his exploits had been told. If he were being honest...he was one of the ones that spread at least one of those stories. Locke was rather arrogant and full of himself, but he could admit it most of the time. "It is probably for the best you don't know too much about that name. Better for you and for me." He gestured for the bluerider to have a seat at his own table and he took a seat opposite him.

"No..you can stay. I've honestly tried everything I can think of to try and help get her back here. Nothing I am doing is working. There's just got to be something I haven't been thinking of though. If you know the people there though, I guess I can't exactly refuse your help. I want her out of there, I want her safe."

"First of all, let me be very clear about somethings." Locke began holding up one finger. "While I can almost guarantee you that I will be able to get her out, I cannot guarantee that I can keep her a hundred percent safe in the process. I came to you in the dark of night wearing a mask, obviously my methods will be less than legal." He was a rational sort and something like this he wanted to be as honest with the man as he could be. "Secondly, I will need help in this, I have a couple of men I trust without question, but I'll need you to come with me as well. That means you will be involved in whatever activities necessary to get her out. Thus, making you technically, a criminal." From what he'd heard of the man he was the straight laced sort so he wanted him to know exactly what he was getting himself into as well. "If we do this there is no way for you to not find out my identity....therefore the last thing....and most important to me....is that I can trust you to keep it secret."
Image Image Image Image

Kate

Sun May 20, 2018 2:27 pm

For the moment, the blue rider had to stop himself from getting frustrated. What did the man mean he couldn't tell him? Was he really supposed to trust this man, or whatever "trust" he could manage? The man didn't trust him. Well, no, maybe that wasn't quiet right? It wasn't really something he knew at the moment, and he really didn't feel like stopping to think about it. If he didn't trust him then he wouldn't be trying to protect him right? For now, he just let the whole thing drop, but he was still on his guard. Even the other man kept syaing it was better that he didn't know. Better even that he hadn't really heard of the Reaper.

K'uavaen's guest gestured for him to sit down, and after hesitating for just a moment, the blue rider sat across from him, his glass still in his hand. Slowly he lifted it up to his mouth and toook another sip. As he swallowed it, the younger man began speaking again and for a moment, the blue rider's dark eyes widened. Keep her safe? What the hell was he talking about? Keeping his mouth shut, he continued to listen. Not legal means? THe blue rider had never considered doinmg anything not legal. It was just against his nature. If he had considered that earlier, he probably would have done something stupid, something he had no idea how to do. Maybe this stranger would be able to help him with that. Truly the man appreciated the honesty, but at the moment, he wasn't exactly sure how he felt about doing something that might be against the law.

Before the thought had even faded to the back of his mind, the blue rider was already scolding himself. Did he want to save Isolde or not? If he wanted to, he knew he had to consider every option, no matter what. No matter what Isolde did, he couldn't just let her sit in prison. Now here was a man, offering to help get her out. Maybe this was a sign that he should say yes? Then again, what if something went wrong? Then that wouldn't be helping Isolde, they'd just all end up in prison and that would not help Isolde at all.

For a moment, a frown came across his face, and he debated exactly which road he should travel. FInally he nodded. "I'll do anythig I can to get her out of there. i dont care anymore if it's legal or not. I just, want her to be free." Taking another sip of his drink, K studied the other man for a moment before nodding. "Trust me, I have no problem keeping this a secret. I dont think it would be best to publicize what we are going to do anyway, especially if it's not legal."

The blue rider knew the man was just trying to be cautious, but did he honestly think the blue rider was just going to go around the Weyr, talking about what they were going to do? Finally he said, "So how long will it take to get everything together? When should I be ready to do this?"
Parker
Site Admin

Thu May 24, 2018 6:11 pm

Locke leaned back and happily sipped from his whisky. He wished he'd sneaked into it before the man came home. It was rather good shit, but stealing behind the back of someone you want help from and to help....not exactly good business practice. Still, it had been tempting. His foot tapped up and down from where he was laid back and relaxed at the table. While K'uavaen thought about everything he had to say he made a show of looking at his fingernails while he waited. Generally, he could keep still, but there was no point to now, and he was very curious what the bluerider's response would be. "No, it's okay, take your time. It's not every day a strange breaks into your house and suggest you be okay with doing illegal things. Really, I'm in no rush." Locke stated. His words were a bit rude, but the way he said them was not.

"I'll do anythig I can to get her out of there. i dont care anymore if it's legal or not. I just, want her to be free. Trust me, I have no problem keeping this a secret. I dont think it would be best to publicize what we are going to do anyway, especially if it's not legal."

He leaned forward a bit, giving the man his undivided attention. "Just so you know...and truly understand...you just agreed to help a wanted criminal, bust another criminal out of prison, and will thus become a criminal yourself." Locke wanted to make sure that K'uavaen understood exactly what it was he was getting into. "That means, during this process, we may have to take out some guards, we will certainly be breaking and entering. It also means that Isolde can't come back here. The higher-ups know about her crimes. To bring her back here...would be crazy." He went on....going into more detail. Locke had, in most cases, shamefully been the cause of taking many a man's life...some he regretted more than others. Some still haunted him from the corners of his eyes if he was having a bad day, but he didn't want to think of that now. "Normally I'm against it, but just to ensure extra protection, we can wear masks." He pointed to the one on his face. "I'm hating this so much right now. A mask shows a lack of confidence in certain skills I have....which can lead to mistakes. Don't like mistakes. I have to be good...or I'm caught."

"So how long will it take to get everything together? When should I be ready to do this?"

"I need to do some scouting. Figure out where she is, guard schedules, rotations, that sort of dull necessary thing. Once that is done and we have a solid plan, then we can go." Locke explained to him. He was an arrogant fuck, but he was a cautious one too. He downed the rest of his drink. "K'uavaen...you haven't manage to escape and live as long as I have without having a good feel about people. I feel you're a trust worthy man." He reached up and untied the ribbon holding his mask on. "Bluerider K'uavaen....I'm Locke, rider of Wraith. It's a pleasure to actually meet you. I'll leave you to it now. Mull things over. You know who get in touch with, but I'd prefer if I came to you." He said and then began to leave, but came back and grabbed the bottle. "Oh, one more thing, you do tell anyone...well, let's not end this conversation that way. It's a new partnership. Let's start it off right...but I think you know the end to that comment." He gave the man's back a pat before walking back off with the bottle. "Cheers. I'll get a hold of you soon."
Image Image Image Image

Kate

Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:00 pm

The blue rider frowned ever so slightly as he listened to Locke. Part of him knew this was a bad thing to be doing, a stupid reckless thing actually. On the other hand, the other part of him, the part that loved Isolde, knew that he HAD to do this. For a moment, confusion washed over him again as Locke explained what they might have to do. While the other man didn't know exactly what "taking out" the guards meant, he didn't like the sound of it either way. Did taking them out mean just like, fighting with them or killing them. Hopefully it just meant fighting with them and getting them out of the way. the blue rider really did not know if he could handle being responsible for killing someone. Knocking them out, yah, he would be ok with that.

As Locke mentioned the next thing, the blue rider found himself frowning once again. In the back of his mind, he had always known that there was a chance that Isolde would not be able to return to Atricis. That thought had been what had spurred him to try and make sure that whatever he was doing to get her out of there was legal. If it was legal, then that was when she would stand the best chance of actually being able to come home. Another thought that had come into his head, that maybe he would just go wherever she went. Leave Atricis, maybe move back to Benden, or somewhere where they would never think to look for Isolde. The blue rider honestly didnt know what he was going to do. Atricis was home now. did he really want to leave? Even if it meant being with Isolde? K'uavaen knew he had some time to decide what was going to happen after, so for now, he just pushed those thoughts to the back of his mind.

Turning his attention back to the mystery guest, it was just in time to see the man take off his mask. When the other man said his name, K'uavaen knew who he was, but only really by word of mouth. While the man looked familiar, he had never really put a face to the name. Picking up his drink, he took another sip, and then set it done, looking at Locke for a moment. While it could almost be a threat, the blue rider did not really take it as such. Nodding slowly he said, "Of course. Im not inclined to go telling people what we are doing. Probably not the best thing to do if we want this to work now is it?"

Without answering, Locke was gone, and the blue rider took a deep breath before going and getting ready for bed. He probably wouldn't be able to sleep much tonight anyway, but he was going to try.

[FIN]