The Lovely Courage | (K'rios/Ember)

Not the large stone caverns that Weyr people are used to, these are buildings built on the top of the cliff, sometimes referred to as the Weyr Cliff. These buildings are all the same size, with multiple apartments for dragonriders to live in in each building. Because of space constraints, dragons sleep in large pavilions built around the dragonrider apartments.
Lanni
Pronouns: She/Her

Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:21 am

Forcing herself to keep her gaze on K'rios instead of the silky concoction on her lap, Nizi could see the various emotions flickering across his face. At first it was a bit scary. The confusion had the Pyrite rider wondering if she had read the signs right. When the confusion turned to a look of wonder Nizhoni felt her own face mirror that happy look. What ever might have changed between them lately, Niz was glad that she wasn't alone in her new feelings. The warmth of the moment began to seep into her bones and a bit of the tension lingering between her shoulder blades melted away.

At least until K'rios stood up. Panic darted across her mind and her features as she shifted quickly to watch the tall man's actions. Her brown eyes flew open wide as she watched him flip the locks into place and for a few heartbeats Nizi wondered what was happening. Had she truly made the wrong connections? What could she do now? If things had turned sour could she escape in time.... Her thoughts stopped there as the taller rider settled into his seat next to her once more. Blinking rapidly at the sudden changes in her own moods, Nizi held her breath as she waited to see what was happening in her friend's mind.

When that soft wonder in his voice reached her ears, Nizi suddenly felt foolish. She had worked herself into a panic over nothing. A small flush came to her cheeks with the embarrassment her over-active mind charged her with. As his hand came back to touch her skin, Nizi reacted without much thought. Nodding as she leaned in closer for his warmth, the petite woman's mind finally caught up with the situation. A small "oh" formed on her lips as her cheeks deepened in their flush. "If-if you really want me to, K'rios," She whispered feeling the new magic shifting around them. "Though you know you don't have to look away," She added with a hint more of her former bold self coming into her words, "It's not like you haven't seen me before." There. Even in her teasing words there was a new note that rang through her tone. One that Nizi could swear wasn't there even the day before. A note that had her brown eyes shining with a soft light that never been there before.
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:19 pm

Did he want to watch, as she undressed and pulled the silk-garment over her body? He knew what would happen if that took place - she would barely get it over her hips before he was trying to pull it off of her again. But he found that the longer he thought about the suggestion, the more tantalizing he found it to be, and the longer he contemplated it, the more arousing it had had become. With a soft sigh, one of pleasure and far, far from annoyance, he nodded. "As a matter of fact, I do want to watch. I'd like to sit back with a glass of something to drink, I'd like to have my eyes on you, all of you." And Faranth, was it going to burn, all the way down to his bones, knowing that he would have to wait to touch her until he was done, because he decided then and there that he wasn't going to make her stop just so he could feel her up - he wanted to see that damn garment on her in full.

But before she could move far, he grasped her wrist in a gentle hold, and drew her smaller hand to his lips, where he kissed her ring finger gently. "I have something for you before you get up and put on this little showing for me." He made her close her eyes, before drawing the ring out from his pocket and sliding it on her hand. "Happy birthday, Nizhoni." He murmured, her signal to open her eyes, if they weren't open already.
Lanni

Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:29 am

Despite their teasing banter and the flood of memories from their past, Nizi felt her cheeks flush darker as she shivered from the way his sigh slipped over her nerves. Even before he spoke, Nizhoni had a good idea what he was thinking. With a warm smile Niz shifted from her seat to stand up. When his warm hand caught her smaller one, Nizi's smile turned playful only to stall on her face as he pressed a kiss to her finger. The gesture had the Pyrite rider's feelings tangling around each other all over again. Just what was the Pewter rider up to? Excitement, nervousness and playful flirting thoughts danced across her mind as she did as he had bid.

With the cool addition of metal to her finger, Nizi felt her face twist into a look of confusion. When he instructed her to open her eyes, her brown eyes flew open before she knew what she was going to do. Darting her eyes down to her hand as she brought the limb up for a better look. "Oh, K'rios," She whispered as she took in the gift. "Thank you," She whispered again as her brown eyes welled with happy tears. "It's... It's beautiful," Nizhoni added with a brighter note in her voice. Her brown eyes lifted quickly to take in his face to see if she could put the pieces together to see what he meant by placing the ring on that particular finger. It wasn't exactly a weyr-tradtion after all.

Torn between asking, throwing her arms around his neck for a tight hug and pulling the man in for a fierce kiss, Nizhoni hesitated and lifted one finger to trace the tail of her new ring.
Ember

Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:02 am

Not knowing how she was going to respond, he waited and when he saw, he felt his heart warm in his chest. The man reached for her then, and drew her closer, until she was nearly in his lap. Faranth, when had things changed between them? When had it gotten to the point where he wanted her for more than just laughs and good times? He couldn't place his finger on it, or on the fact that he hadn't been with anyone else in a few sevendays since his feelings for her had started to shift.

His hands rested on her hips, curled over them, squeezed.

"What do you want, Nizi?" He breathed, feeling as if they were on the cusp of something else tonight. "Its your birthday, and it should be clear from the ring, from how I put it on your finger and locked us in my apartment, about how I feel right now. Now its your turn. What do we do now?" He pressed his thumbs into the bit of skin they had managed to find under her tunic. He knew what he wanted, but what would it be that she'd ask for now?

He smiled, an almost reassuring look, one that softened, one that became something so much more. "Faranth, before you answer..." A hand left her hip to cup the back of her head and draw her down for a kiss, and when he pull back to look at her face, he settled his forehead against hers. "I love you, brat."
Lanni

Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:49 am

A warm sort of smile came to Nizi's face as K'rios tugged her closer to his warm frame. The tension between her shoulder blades melted then as she realized that her feelings were returned. Relaxing into the Pewter rider's touch it was hard for the woman to follow his words. It was in his kiss though that the rider understood his meaning. When he finally pulled back and whispered once more, Nizhoni's mind finally caught onto what her heart was singing. "What I want?" She whispered as she processed his revelation. His words tugged an answer in her own feelings as a playful smile came to her face once more.

"What I want?" She echoed her earlier question with a mischievous twinkle in her brown eyes. "Well, for starters, I'd like to change into something a bit... well a bit less," Nizi teased letting her lips show the same mirth her eyes were dancing with. "Then, I think I'd like to hear that again, K'rios," She added as she leaned in for another small kiss. As she waited for his response she rubbed the tip of her nose against his in an effort to distract them both.
Ember

Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:26 am

He smiled, and decided he liked that idea a lot. There was still that silk she'd been given that he wanted to see her in. Though if he were honest, he was looking forward to seeing her out of it... But this wasn't about what he wanted. If it were, it would be his birthday. He took her hand and kissed the ring, then gave her a gentle pat on the bottom to send her on her way. "Get going then, take your time in the bathing room. I'll be here when you return."

He had no intentions of going anywhere else. He wanted to be with her tonight, only her. No one else, no other distractions. There was no work, no lessons, no candidates to tend to. It would just be him and his brat, and that would be enough. "Do you want any wine while you're getting changed?" He removed his vest and unlaced his tunic until it hung open, but he didn't removed it, just left it as it was in that moment.
Lanni

Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:50 am

As much as Nizi wanted to change out of her current outfit, there was a bit of her that wanted to stay in his warm embrace. Of course if she hurried there was the promise of more warmth when she returned. Slowly standing, Niz tried to snag the cloth bag without breaking eye contact with K'rios. A small, very small, part of her was afraid that this was a dream. A part that feared that if she looked away that the spell would be broken and she would wake in her own apartment with a pounding ache in her head. "I'll wait for the wine," She said softly, "Though you can open the 'skin my brother gave me if you want," She offered holding the bag out for him to take if he wished. With the silk clutched in one arm held close to her chest, Niz waited only a few moments before setting the bag on the couch.

"I won't be long," She promised before quickly making her way to the bathing room.

Once there, the Pyrite rider shed her old clothing and did a quick wash up to rid herself of the day's grime. She truly didn't want to take long, but this garment demanded that she at least attempt to clean herself up a bit. A few more moments were spent on her hair to bring the locks down from its customary tail while leaving the flower crown on her head. A pair of nervous hands smoothed down the sides of the grey silk as she bolstered her courage with a pair of deep breaths. "He's already seen you in less, Niz. Get over it and get out there!" She hissed to herself before she pushed herself to exit the room.

Soon she was entering the main room once more and offering the Pewter rider a cheeky grin, "Miss me?"
Ember

Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:13 pm

"Always." He said, about to bring the wine skin to his lips again when he turned to look at her. It was held in the air, about to touch, when he noticed the look on her face. Nerves... she was nervous, and she had no reason to be. Faranth, she was beautiful. All silk and smooth skin, dark hair and beautiful features. And she was his. In his gut, he knew it now. They belonged to one another as of this night, and there was no doubt in his mind that they could make something work out of all of this. He smiled and corked the skin, setting it aside. It didn't matter anymore when he had her to focus on.

K'rios stood, because there was no possible way he could continue to sit when she was on the other side of the room where he couldn't reach her, and he wasn't going to make her come to him. In that slow, methodical way of his, he sauntered over to her, his large frame outflanking her much smaller one, and there he lifted her up in his arms, embraced her, buried his face in her neck and held her there for a long moment to just take in her scent. "If you tell me to stop, I will... but I'm about three seconds away from taking you to bed right now, to between with everything else."
Lanni

Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:21 am

If she was nervous any more it vanished at his heated gaze. The way the skin paused in the air and the way his eyes poured over her tiny frame had Nizi flushing once more. This time it wasn't nerves, it wasn't embarrassment, it was the powerful flush of a woman who realized something important. This moment was something that she could see reliving for turns to come. Maybe with subtle changes as time went on, but the way K'rios seemed to stop all movement just to take her in? That moment was the one she wanted to capture time and time again. A small giggle left the Pyrite rider then as K'rios seemed to appear before her in the span between heartbeats.

Her giggle grew a bit as the taller rider swept her into his arms. Had she truly been so lost in her thoughts that she lost track of the most important thing in the room with her? Melting into his strong arms, Nizhoni realized that it didn't matter. Relishing in his scent and the gentle strength in his hold, Niz wondered what was going on through his own head. Her hungry flush darkened as her partner spoke roughly into her ear. Before she could risk a reply without a childish squeak to her voice, Nizi took a moment to press a heated kiss to his jaw. In a tone she knew he had heard from her before she whispered back, "Take me home love."