To Be a Father ~ Tag: Talen/Kate

Not the large stone caverns that Weyr people are used to, these are buildings built on the top of the cliff, sometimes referred to as the Weyr Cliff. These buildings are all the same size, with multiple apartments for dragonriders to live in in each building. Because of space constraints, dragons sleep in large pavilions built around the dragonrider apartments.
Parker
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him

Thu May 30, 2019 9:15 pm

”Are you sure about that? I can’t be adorable all the time, can I?”

"I am very sure about that and I think I will be the judge of whether or not you're adorable all the time." Cas said in a rather sassy way and gave his lover a saucy wink. Okay, so, perhaps they weren't so much in the puppy love stage that they honestly found everything they did as adorable, but it was more the truth than not. He was glad that they got along so well, but he wouldn't lie and say that it wasn't fun making up after the few fights they did have.

”Well, I don’t really feel like waiting, but at the same time I don’t know how fast we will actually be able to get any planning done. So maybe, we should just see how things progress? If things start falling in place then we can move a little quicker, and if they don’t then we will just be ok with it.”

"Well...I agree with you some there, but I don't think waiting to see how the planning comes along before we set a date is a great idea. I feel like that might not allow us to give enough time to inform those we wish to be there about it." Cas was a planner. He did so much better when there was a goal in sight and he had to reach it. "If we don't want it too fast and don't want to wait too long then...I say we plan it for five or six months from now. That feels like good middle ground. Enough time for us to plan, but not so fast we'll be pressed for time."

”It is truly remarkable to see the young children they are becoming, and it makes me eager to see what kind of young adults they will become.”

"They'll be great. I have no doubts about that. They're already wonderful people." Cas agreed as he watched the two children frolicking, running, jumping, doing what kids their age should be doing. He was so proud of them both.

”Maybe we should wait for that until a little while later when we are at home. And possibly when the kids are either in bed or back at the crèche.”

Cas gave a large sigh, but he laid back down on the blanket again with his arm under his head. "Oh very well...I suppose we should wait until we get home. I simply don't want to." He whined like a child himself almost. "We will let the kids play a bit longer, then we'll pack it up and head home." He suggested.
ImageImageImageImage
Zaynallen | C'sian | Sid'nis | Locke
ImageImageImageImageImage
Najden | Kisle'vis | Corbin | Calivander | Olyver

.::..::..::..::..::..
Kate

Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:21 am

Talen could not stop the laugh that erupted from him as he listened to Cas. Shaking his head and rolling his eyes he held his hands up in mock surrender. ”Alright, Alright. Fine, you can be the judge of it.” Of course, he said it with that teasing tone. Everything was so perfect today, with the exception of the news that Cas had given him when he first got home. Other than that, this had already been one of the most amazing days of his life, and it wasn’t even over yet. Even though he felt as though nothing could mess this up, he still had used that teasing voice to make sure that Cas knew he wasn’t being serious or anything like that.

Talen found himself leaning back into Cas even more as he pondered over what the man had just said. As usual, the other man had a valid point. Sometimes Talen felt as though he didn’t contribute much when they had conversations like this, for he didn’t seem to see the big picture clearly as Cas usually did. Nodding a bit sheepishly, he said, ”As usual my love, you have a very valid point.” For a moment, his green eyes glanced over to where the kids were playing while he listened to Cas’ suggestion. A smile came to his face and he nodded. ”That does indeed sound like a very good idea to me. It’s not a long time, but just long enough for us to get everything together and invite who we want. Plus everyone we do invite will have enough notice of it too.”

Grinning, Talen was happy to hear that Cas felt the same way about the children. Although the young man hadn’t never doubted that as would feel the same, it was still nice to hear.

Sure, the Quartz handler hated having to put a stop to their passion, but he would much rather be passionate at home. He was a rather private person, and just felt awkward being passionate where people could see them. Nodding in agreement he said,”Yes, I don’t think they would be very happy if we cut their playing tile short.”

For a few moments he laid there with Cas, watching the children play before he finally got up and started packing up all the stuff they had brought. He figured by the time he and Cas got everything cleaned up and together, the kids would be done playing, and the four of them could just head home. Once he was done, he gently took Cas’ hand once more and turned to watch the kids finish their playing.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Parker
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him

Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:29 am

”As usual my love, you have a very valid point. That does indeed sound like a very good idea to me. It’s not a long time, but just long enough for us to get everything together and invite who we want. Plus everyone we do invite will have enough notice of it too.”

Cas smiled lovingly at Talen before he placed another soft kiss on his forehead. Of the two of them, Talen was the more laid back one and Cas was the one that liked to have everything planned out. Well, maybe not everything, but at least a rough outline of what they liked to do. Things that were bigger, like their wedding, he wanted to make sure that everything was perfect. "Yes, exactly. So...first things first...picking a date and then working on inviting people. Again...not something we have to do tonight." They should probably figure out the thing with his brother first.

”Yes, I don’t think they would be very happy if we cut their playing time short.”

"No, not at all. Granted, they'll probably just keep playing whatever it is they're playing now back at home." Cas said with a chuckle as he watched their children. Right now Keeley was doing cartwheels and Canaan was skipping rocks across the lake. He loved them with all his heart...and for a brief moment he couldn't help but worry about how they would take to meeting their real father, but he really didn't want to think about that until tomorrow when he'd have to message her brother back.

Cas helped Talen to gather up all of their things back in the basket. It didn't take them too long. He squeezed Talen's hand and gave him another kiss. "Alright, let's gather up the kids and get home." He said and then called for the children.

(Think we can end this one here and then talk about a thread with his brother?)
ImageImageImageImage
Zaynallen | C'sian | Sid'nis | Locke
ImageImageImageImageImage
Najden | Kisle'vis | Corbin | Calivander | Olyver

.::..::..::..::..::..