To Be a Father ~ Tag: Talen/Kate

Not the large stone caverns that Weyr people are used to, these are buildings built on the top of the cliff, sometimes referred to as the Weyr Cliff. These buildings are all the same size, with multiple apartments for dragonriders to live in in each building. Because of space constraints, dragons sleep in large pavilions built around the dragonrider apartments.
Parker
Site Admin
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him

Tue May 14, 2019 5:36 am

”No matter what, you were like my brother growing up. No matter what, you are family to me, even before we started dating. My parents considered you part of the family too. So, in a sense, I guess they were your parents too.”

Cas gave him a warm, loving smile. He put both of his hands on the sides of Talen's face and looked deeply into those apple green eyes with his ocean blue ones. Yes, there was no doubt in his mind that this man was the man truly meant for him. If soul mates didn't exist, he'd still be his. In any other sort of life, he was sure that the two of them would always have found each other. All of that he conveyed into the single loving kiss on those perfectly bowed lips. However, what he said after that beautiful moment was something else. "Thank you, Talen. That does mean a lot to me. However, considering our current circumstances...well. I believe that incest with your brother would only be alright if I was much taller with broader shoulders."

”Well Cas, I do believe you have done it again. I know this is just a sandwich but it is one of the best sandwiches I have ever tasted. Thank you for taking the time to make them for us.”

The little family all gathered on the blanket happily. Cas shot a crinkled smile to his lover. There might have been a few more lines around his lips and eyes as he smiled, but that smile would always be for Talen. The kids, who would have already been trying to weasel their way into playing first, oddly didn't seem to be in a hurry to get away from them. While Cas had been watching Talen, the kids had been watching him anxiously. When he was silent for longer than they thought he should be they began to tug at any piece of fabric they could grab. "Papa...come on...do it..." Canaan said with Keeley throwing in her own begs. "You want me to do it now?" He asked a bit incredulously. They both began to nod and chat 'yes', 'now', 'come on do it'.

Cas chuckled, rolled his eyes, and sighed, but eventually, he said, "Alright, fine fine...you two win. Just so you know...I wasn't planning on doing this till later..." He said in a tone that suggested he might not do it. To which the twins picked up their begging. Cas laughed again, sat down his sandwich, and then reached into one of his pockets, but he didn't take the hand out yet as he turned to Talen.

His face was serious...but it wasn't the sort of seriousness of before like there was something wrong. Love, devotion, and even a hint of nervousness was etched on his face. He knew there was no reason to be nervous, but still... "Talen, I know I've told you this before. I feel knit to you. You are...well you're the only one for me...ever. All my life I've longed for everything you give to me. If words didn't exist I know I'd still be able to hear you. Even if there was no true way to feel, I would still feel you. The sun could stop shining, romance could fall out of rhyme, and still, I would give you all of myself forever." He stopped to wet his lips and finally pull the ring out of his pocket. "That being said...I think it is finally time I did something to show you that. Talen...I want you to be my one and only for all time. Will you please be my one and only for all time?"
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
F'lin | Zaynallen | C'sian | Sid'nis | Ao'mek | Lorcan | So'cles | Athaleyah | Locke
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Najden | Darrow | Kisle'vis | Car'vis | Ferghas | Corbin | Calivander | Epiphany

.::..::..::..::..::..
Kate

Thu May 16, 2019 11:41 pm

Green eyes stared back into his boyfriend’s blue ones, and as usual, he found himself just getting lost in them. Most of the time, no matter how hard he tried, he couldn’t help but do that. This life they had made was full of love, and fun. When the Quartz handler looked into the brown rider’s eyes, all he could think about was how happy they were, and he would always just get himself lost in those eyes, and his thoughts. Talen stayed like that until Cas’ lips were on his, and the other man spoke to him. Instead of saying anything, the dark haired man just playfully rolled his eyes and shook his head, chuckling.

As they finished their food, green eyes studied the two young children sitting there with them. He found it slightly odd that the two were not really all that anxious to go and play now. But, maybe since they were full, they just wanted to sit here and rest a bit more? Talen knew that was usually how he got after he ate. Before he could even think about it too much, they said something to Cas, and green eyes quickly moved to him, his gaze questioning. What in the world were the two of them talking about? He found that he really wanted to ask, but none of the words would come out, and the man didn’t quiet know why.

As the brown rider turned his attention back to him, a frown came to his face, a sinking feeling coming to his stomach. As the Quartz handler listened, he relaxed only slightly, his heart beating a bit faster as the dragon rider continued to speak. As Cas paused, Talen’s heart raced even more, and once again he wanted to say something but the words escaped him. Was this really going where he thought out was going?

If he had any doubts about what was going on, he got his answer as Cas pulled the ring from his pocket. Green eyes darted from the ring to his lover’s blue eyes, his mouth ha find slightly agape. Shock was written all over his face, and for a moment he was frozen. Green eyes just stared at the ring, his heart pounding in his chest. Finally, he opened his mouth, but all that came out was a brief squeak, so the man quickly cleared his throat.

”Cas, I, I would be honored. I want nothing more.” Before he could stop himself he was leaning over and gently touching Cas’ face and then giving him a passionate kiss, his love and happiness shining through beside the passion.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Parker
Site Admin

Fri May 17, 2019 5:06 am

Both of the twins were watching as intently as if they were attending a hatching of some sort. Keeley, of course, was making more lovey-dovey faces than Canaan was, of course, but both of them were equally excited to watch this whole scene unfold. They were young, so they didn't feel the nerves that their papa was. They knew that their other papa was going to say yes, no doubt in their minds. Still, their eyes darted from one to the other after Cas had given his little speech.

”Cas, I, I would be honored. I want nothing more.”

A wide smile split the brownrider's face before his lips were captured for a passionate kiss which he happily returned. The twins cheered happily at first and then with the kiss became longer and longer than both began to make disgusted noises. Cas pulled back from Talen with a small chuckle. "Hey now...you two aren't allowed to do that. You're the ones who wanted me to do this now." He scolded them lightly to which they both rather giggled. "How about you two go play now. Off you go, shoo." He said and waved them away.

Once the children were far enough away he turned back to Talen. His eyes were a bit watery as he slipped the band on his finger. "I am so happy, Talen. Despite the news from earlier...this...this is just perfect." He said lovingly before he pulled the quartzhandler in for another kiss. For a moment it turned steamy and passionate. Finally, he pulled back, though he kept a hand cupped around his neck. "I want to bask in this moment and certainly ravish you senseless when we get home, but I did have one other question for you." Cas begin. "The reason I asked you the way I did was because I wasn't sure if you would prefer to be weyrmated or go all out and get...well...get married."
F'lin | Zaynallen | C'sian | Sid'nis | Ao'mek | Lorcan | So'cles | Athaleyah | Locke
Najden | Darrow | Kisle'vis | Car'vis | Ferghas | Corbin | Calivander | Epiphany

Kate

Sun May 19, 2019 3:50 am

Talen caught the looks that their son and daughter were giving them, and he held in a chuckle. Just the look on their faces was priceless. Of course at the time he hadn’t exactly known what was going on with them, but they were still very adorable either way. They actually reminded him what it had been like when he was a kid. Thankfully though, Keeley looked nothing like her namesake. Although it had been many Turns, there were times when the young girl would make an expression, or do something to remind him of his sister, and it always brought back a few painful memories, but also, new memories of the life he now had here in New Atricis.

Quickly he pushed those thoughts ohh of his mind and focused. The Quartz handler could not stop himself from keeping the kiss going. Even though he knew they had a slight audience, he found he didn’t care. Well, that was until the two children started making noises. Grinning foolishly, he pulled back from the brown rider and chuckled, although he couldn’t find the words to say to the kids to tease them. Green eyes danced with silent laughter as Cas did find the words, and the children went scurrying away to play.

The feel of the cool metal being skid of his finger made him look at the brown rider again, a few years beginning in his own eyes. The handler had to admit he was glad that he was not the only one being emotional about it. Before he could think about anything else, he was being pulled in for another kiss. Giving into the passion just a little, he pulled Cas closer to him and felt as though he never wanted to let him go. When they finally did break apart, he couldn’t stop a laugh. ”Well, I would most certainly not say no to that. I’m pretty much feeling the same way about you at the moment.”

At the next question, Talen looked at his lover, starring into his blue eyes for a moment before smiling softly. ”If you are offering me the option, I, I want to do the whole marriage thing. I don’t need a whole big thing, but I want this to feel as permanent as our relationship. I want no doubts that this is going to last forever. I know that probably sounds cheesy but, that’s how I feel.”
Parker
Site Admin

Mon May 20, 2019 9:15 am

”Well, I would most certainly not say no to that. I’m pretty much feeling the same way about you at the moment.”

That was not surprising at all to Cas. For all, they had been together for several turns now his passion for Talen was just as strong as ever. Were it not for the children wanting to play at the lakeside for a while he would have stolen him away to ravish him right that instant. They would have to wait, but the waiting would make it even better, he knew. Cas pulled him in closer as allowed one of his hands to lightly tease and caress up and down his firm torso. "Good. Maybe we can convince the kids to not stay out and play too long." He said rather suggestively.

”If you are offering me the option, I, I want to do the whole marriage thing. I don’t need a whole big thing, but I want this to feel as permanent as our relationship. I want no doubts that this is going to last forever. I know that probably sounds cheesy but, that’s how I feel.”

Cas pulled him into his arms and held him lovingly. "I wouldn't ask you if I didn't want to hear what you wanted." They were both holdbred, so they had grown up with the notion of marriage so it wasn't a foreign idea to them. Talen's answer made him smile and hug the man even tighter in his arms before stealing another kiss. "No, that doesn't sound cheesy at all. It would be my honor to marry you, Talen. To call you, not just my weyrmate, but my husband." Easily he re-positioned them so they were laying down on the blanket. He pulled Talen until his head rested on his chest. "What sort of wedding would you like, love?"

Kate

Wed May 22, 2019 7:56 pm

Talen had always been kind of a hopeless romantic. Ok, maybe not hopeless, but he believed in romance far easier than some. Maybe that's why he wasn't shocked that his feelings for the brown rider were just as strong as the first day they decided to start dating. It wasn't like he had expected it to taper off or anything like that, and he was glad it hadn't. With Caanan and Keeley, he didnt know what he would have done if he somehow had found himself falling out of love with Cas. Truthfully, he didn't see how that could have happened, no matter what, but at the same time, he always knew in the back of his mind that there was a possibility. Even now, once in a while, he found himself hoping, praying, that it didnt happen. The brown rider's words, and the tone he used, brought the Quartz handler's mind back to the present, a shiver running through his body. All he could manage to do at the moment was give his lover a big grin, a chuckle escaping him at the same time.

Letting out a soft sigh, he allowed himself to kind of melt in Cas' embrace, and just sat there with him, watching the kids for a few moments. Nodding he said, "I know, I dont know what made me say that. We've always wanted to know how the other thought. I think my brain is just overloading my mouth today or something." Gently he took the dragon rider's hand in his own, smiling softly at the man, rubbing his fingers along his knuckles as Cas told him that it didnt sound cheesy. Laying down with his boyfriend, he rested his head on the man's chest, snuggling a bit closer, thinking about how to answer the question Cas had just asked him.

Honestly, Talen had never really thought about what their wedding would be like. It wasn't that he had never thought they'd never get to that point. Sometimes, he had found himself thinking they might just get Weyr-mated, and not make a big deal out of it. Although, come to think of it, even getting married did not have to be that big of a deal, right? Finally, he shrugged ever so slightly. "I don't really know what I want yet. I mean, I know I want something, Im just not sure how I feel about having a big thing. It might be better for the both of us if we just had a small ceremony with a few close friends, and let it be at that. What about you? Did you want a big ceremony? Did you have any other plans?"
Parker
Site Admin

Fri May 24, 2019 2:28 am

"I know, I dont know what made me say that. We've always wanted to know how the other thought. I think my brain is just overloading my mouth today or something."

Cas chuckled lightly before placing a kiss on Talen's head. "To be fair, my love, I have rather hit you with some rather big things this evening." He stated in a matter-of-fact way. "First, I hit you with news of my brother wanting to come to see the twins. Then, I go and propose to you. I think you're entitled to have your brain overload at least a little bit." The brownrider did hope that the proposal was enough to shadow over the less than good news about his brother.

"I don't really know what I want yet. I mean, I know I want something, Im just not sure how I feel about having a big thing. It might be better for the both of us if we just had a small ceremony with a few close friends, and let it be at that. What about you? Did you want a big ceremony? Did you have any other plans?"

A hand lightly caressed up and down Talen's spine as he thought about it. Since he wasn't sure which Talen would prefer, marriage or weyrmating, he hadn't really taken the time to think about the ceremony itself. "I want something too...though...I don't think I want something huge." He also didn't want to invite his family to it, but that likely went without saying. His parents would never be alright with him loving another man...let alone marrying one. "Do you remember turns ago when I helped at the wedding for Chimerarider Locke and Greenrider K'ten? I thought what they did the night before the wedding was a lot of fun. Would you be interested in something like that? We'd keep it to just our close friends, though, of course."

Cas had done the painting part of the Painting Ceremony. It had been quite enjoyable and the tradition of one of them being 'kidnapped' just for the other to have to find and 'rescue' them was rather amusing. Cas hadn't known either groom all that well and he still had fun.