A Rare Gesture of Apology - Ao'mek | Parker

Not the large stone caverns that Weyr people are used to, these are buildings built on the top of the cliff, sometimes referred to as the Weyr Cliff. These buildings are all the same size, with multiple apartments for dragonriders to live in in each building. Because of space constraints, dragons sleep in large pavilions built around the dragonrider apartments.
Shaihulud

Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:55 pm

"Of course I did! It was absolutely beautiful and the color suited you amazingly."

The fall of his countenance to rub his nose against her own surprised the greenrider, but before she could respond, he had pulled away to kiss her brow and hold her close once more. The faintest show of a smile tugged at the corner of her full lips. What was what about? she wondered. She thought he had meant to kiss her before their noses touched. Within the privacy of her thoughts, she acknowledged she would not have denied him if he tried.

"However, I think it was more the person wearing the dress than the dress itself that made it so eye-catching. My outfit certainly paled in comparison of yours." The remark invoked a question, as he squeezed her tight. She would have asked it, but he led the both of them to the couch first. "Come on. Let's sit down. The evening is still young. We might not have a feast at our fingertips, but we don't need one, right?" She lifted a hand up to touch those fingers at her shoulder. She even dared to brush a thumb against them. "Have a seat and let me be a good host and get you a glass. Did you want to share the whisky with me or would you like something else to drink? I have some gin, wine of course, vodka, and I do have non-alcoholic options if you'd rather have one of those. Granted it's just water or fruit juice. Oh...and I did steal some finger foods from the kitchen last time I was passing through if you are hungry."

As he ran off to be a good host, as he said, she settled onto the couch in thought, pondering about more than a drink she would like to enjoy for the meantime. "How about some wine?" she finally suggested. She was in a mood, a pleasant one, and she wanted the feelings to last this evening. "You have a good red? And yes, food would be nice." As he retrieved the items, she thought once more on her question. Was it an appropriate one to ask? She certainly was tempted, and had the balls to ask it, but she also knew that timing was critical with inquiries of that nature.
Parker
Site Admin
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him

Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:06 pm

"How about some wine? You have a good red? And yes, food would be nice."

"I do have a good red. It's a Benden. Ten turn vintage. Decided to spoil myself a little last time I went wine shopping up North." Ao'mek said as he got down that bottle. He placed it on a tray along with a wine glass for her. Then carried it over to his little kitchen area to get them some finger food. "I don't see how you Northerners take the cold like that. When I got that bottle there was probably about a foot of snow on the ground. Beautiful, don't get me wrong, but goddess it was cold. Tlamehath didn't seem to mind though." The north was still very foreign to him, but it was fun to explore up there and see the differences between the north and the south.

Ao'mek filled up the tray with a variety of finger foods and then brought the whole thing over to the couch and sat it down on the klah table. "Here we go. Finger food and wine. Please, allow me to fill that glass for you." He said politely as he uncorked the bottle and poured her a healthy glass of the dark red.

He settled down next to her then and picked up his glass of whisky to take a sip of. "I was just reading before you knocked on my door." Ao'mek explained as he picked up the book he'd sat down and moved it to the klah table. "Murder mystery....my guilty pleasure." He explained.
Image Image Image Image Image
F'lin & Mnenomth | Mar'lus & Shardamakath | C'sian & Gastoneth | B'tian & Villeforth | Sid'nis & Iolith
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth | So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

.::..::..::..::..::..
PC Character Tracker | Marks Tracker | NPC Stash
Shaihulud

Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:46 pm

"I do have a good red. It's a Benden. Ten turn vintage. Decided to spoil myself a little last time I went wine shopping up North."

Solai sported a wicked smile at his confession of spoiling himself with a Northern vintage. Part of her wanted to point out that the reason it was "spoiling" was because the Northern wines were superior to the ones bottled in the south. Bit by bit, the bluerider was being corrupted by his northern comrades, and the greenrider wanted to consider herself as part of the cause.

"I don't see how you Northerners take the cold like that. When I got that bottle there was probably about a foot of snow on the ground. Beautiful, don't get me wrong, but goddess it was cold. Tlamehath didn't seem to mind though."

A chuckle escaped her first. "We tolerate it by keeping a warm body or two in our bed. Skin to skin up there is about more than just the pleasure, though the pleasure that comes with it is certainly always welcome." She gave him a teasing wink, though she doubted the man would blush. Ao'mek had never seemed like the prude sort to her. As he departed, she thought on furs and flesh, and once more she pondered on the question that itched her curiosity.

"Here we go. Finger food and wine. Please, allow me to fill that glass for you."

"Of course," she answered. As he filled the glass, she crossed her legs on the couch and sat up that much straighter. There was an elegant raise of her chin, one that showed off the sinews of her throat, and the curve of her neck that drew down along nearly bared shoulders. She accepted the glass with a graceful hand and a raised pinky. He spoke, and as she did so, she whirled the content of the glass to stir up the scent she enjoyed.

"I was just reading before you knocked on my door. Murder mystery....my guilty pleasure."

"You do seem like the sort," she answered with a smirk as she sipped at the wine. But Solai did not particularly care about literature at the moment. "Are you seeing anyone?"
Parker
Site Admin

Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:25 pm

"We tolerate it by keeping a warm body or two in our bed. Skin to skin up there is about more than just the pleasure, though the pleasure that comes with it is certainly always welcome."

Ao'mek chuckled and gave a small waggle of his eyebrows. "I will keep that in mind should I ever find myself freezing up north." He didn't see himself ever living anywhere else other than New Atricis ever again. Yes, a part of his heart would always been home at Walled, but this place had quickly become very important to him. More so it was the people he'd met here that was what was important.

"You do seem like the sort. Are you seeing anyone?"

"Yeah, I can't help but try and solve the mysteries myself before I come to them in the books. I'm only about half right most of the time. Probably a good thing I didn't try and pursue being a Justicar." Not that he had ever had the drive to pursue something so...dedicated. He did respect the Justicars for what they did, though. However, before he could think more of those shining beacons of justice, her last question caught him a bit off guard.

"Seeing anyone? You mean like dating?" He asked for clarification. "No, not dating anyone. I haven't really dated anyone in quite some time." Not since Lysli's death...that devastated him enough that he swore off committing that much of his self into one person. "Don't get me wrong...I do okay as far as warm bodies go...just haven't gone further than keeping it casual and fun. What about you?"
F'lin & Mnenomth | Mar'lus & Shardamakath | C'sian & Gastoneth | B'tian & Villeforth | Sid'nis & Iolith
Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth | So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

Shaihulud

Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:45 pm

"Seeing anyone? You mean like dating?"

She nodded in clarification. "Mmmhmm..." A smirk played upon her luscious lips.

"No, not dating anyone. I haven't really dated anyone in quite some time. Don't get me wrong...I do okay as far as warm bodies go...just haven't gone further than keeping it casual and fun."

Part of her wanted to pry and ask why, but the other part of her not only knew better, but understood the reasons behind his distance from commitment. It was a common choice among riders. In a way, Solai admitted she felt the same way. Any sort of relationship was simply not in the cards for her at this time. She needed her freedom. Besides, the last time she had an actual relationship, the individual betrayed her. Trust did not come to her as easily now.

"What about you?"

A sip answered him first. "Nothing going on at the moment, not for a while now-" she shook her head with a sad chuckle "-last person I was with decided to make it an open relationship without telling me first. As I'm sure you can imagine, I didn't really take that very well. Had a few fun nights here and there, but..." she let her voice die before giving a shake of her head, "haven't been with anyone since before I came here to Atricis." It had been over a month now since her transfer, longer since she last bothered to warm her bed. She had her prospects from time to time, but they were always too sleazy for her tastes - the sort that would likely give you a rash or fungus if one was not careful. That or they were very taken.

She looked to Ao'mek with a soft smile. "I did have a prospect though, but I think I fucked up that chance a few weeks ago at the feast."
Parker
Site Admin

Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:20 pm

Ao'mek was a bit surprised that she was in the same boat as him as far as dating went. Yeah, it was sort of both of their decisions to remain single, but still... "Eesh, I am sorry to hear that. Something like that should be discuss and agreed upon before it's acted on." He had nothing against open relationships, but all parties had to be alright with it. A sip of his whisky was taken before he took a bite of cheese.

"Since you were honest with your reason for being single..." Ao'mek figured it was only fair that he share as well. After all, it didn't hurt as much to talk about so many turns later. "I was in a pretty serious relationship. When she became pregnant we decided to make it official, but then our child was stillborn. Lysli couldn't take the sorrow so she took her own life. I've been a bit shy to be that committed again." He took another sip in silent memory of his lost love. "And now that I've brought down the mood of this party...sorry." He apologized.

"I did have a prospect though, but I think I fucked up that chance a few weeks ago at the feast."

It didn't take him too long to figure out who that prospect was...or who he assumed it was. "Wait...who? Me? Really?" He asked with shock, but also with a smile on his face. "C'mon...a lovely thing like you must have better prospects than me. Not that I'm not terribly flattered."

Shaihulud

Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:58 pm

To hear of his loss caused the smile to fall. Here, the greenrider had moped about her circumstances, but her frustrations compared nothing to his own tragedy. She wanted to reach out to him, to apologise for how inappropriate she had been. And then there was the blatant fact that Solai suddenly felt like an ass for suggesting anything of the sort in regards to her attraction to him.

... and yet... Ao'mek did not seem offended.

"Wait...who? Me? Really?"

She was about to retract the confession, but something about his expression delayed the second thought from manifesting into spoken words. Solai blamed the smile.

"C'mon...a lovely thing like you must have better prospects than me. Not that I'm not terribly flattered."

The way she teethed at her lower lip in thought, the greenrider could not help it. Eyes averted from his own in a coy gesture, giving herself a moment to hash out her words before she spoke them. "I don't think it's a matter of prospects as it is that I know you, I fancy you... I want to think you fancy me too... and... I like your smile." Solai liked his eyes as well, the weight of his brow, and the playful toss of his hair. She liked the sound of his voice, his easy-going manner, his wit, his teases, but above all, she loved his kindness. He made her feel safe and wanted, not prized like men tended to appreciate a one night stand. And while she did not expect to gain a lasting, committed relationship out of Ao'mek, she did hope to share something special with him, a precious moment between two friends wanting to make each other feel good, and feel cherished for a night.

Above all, whatever happened, if it happened, it did not need to be kept to a single occurrence. Solai would not have dared even make any indication if all she wanted from him was a single night. Ao'mek was her friend, and she wanted to show him what he meant to her.
Parker
Site Admin

Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:25 am

"I don't think it's a matter of prospects as it is that I know you, I fancy you... I want to think you fancy me too... and... I like your smile."

The smile on his face widened. Ao'mek knew he was far from being an old man, but to have a young, beautiful thing like Solai fancied him did a lot for his male ego. "You like my smile?" He asked with amusement. Ao'mek reached a hand up to brush a strand of hair behind her ear. "I like your smile too. You are simply one of the most beautiful women I have ever seen." He told her sincerely. She truly was a vision and he absolutely enjoyed her company. Her fiery passion, her zest for life, her good humor, and the fact that she seemed to generally care about others.

"You're not wrong. I do fancy you, Solai." Ao'mek admitted easily enough. He'd be out of his mind to not fancy her, but he was also an honest person. "I'm not sure what you're thinking, but I'm still not sure...if I am ready for anything serious. If that isn't okay with you, that's perfectly fine. I am literally one of the luckiest people in the world to just have your friendship and I certainly don't want to ruin that."

Shaihulud

Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:13 pm

The greenrider was not even given the chance to doubt the confession, for Ao'mek answered her immediately with a warm smile. "You like my smile?" Those fingers did not need to reach for her, to touch her, yet they do so regardless. With tenderness, he out to brush away the loose coils that framed her brow. Solai felt the pull of that brief touch, and could not stop herself from leaning into it, to feel more. "I like your smile too. You are simply one of the most beautiful women I have ever seen."

Faranth... How long had it been since anyone had touched her like this? Not since before her transfer, since Tyreth's last rising. Though Solai normally never was the sort of woman to be want of partners, she had found herself in a bit of a dry spell. She felt a part of her go dormant, but now in Ao'mek's company, it had reawakened.

"You're not wrong. I do fancy you, Solai."

She answered him with a tender smile of her own, with a hint of deviousness. For that corner of her mouth to curl without that impish touch would always be uncharacteristic of the mischievous woman.

"I'm not sure what you're thinking, but I'm still not sure...if I am ready for anything serious. If that isn't okay with you, that's perfectly fine. I am literally one of the luckiest people in the world to just have your friendship and I certainly don't want to ruin that."

"I don't think I'm really looking for anything serious right now," she answered honestly. The last time she shared something serious with someone, she landed flat on her face. "And I like our friendship too. It's special to me -" A hand eased over his own, giving the bluerider an assuring squeeze "- And all I want right now... is a very good, very intimate friend." Her touch reached further, fingers tickling along the underside of his forearm. "You can say 'no'-" Yet Solai knew he would not.
Parker
Site Admin

Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:43 am

"I don't think I'm really looking for anything serious right now,"

Ao'mek wasn't going to lie, he was rather relieved to hear that. Perhaps one day he'd feel ready for something more serious, but right now he just didn't. It wasn't that he didn't like being in a serious relationship, but currently he felt like he had more...well, he supposed he shouldn't call it love...to give to be tied down to just one person. "Well, at least we are on the same page."

"And I like our friendship too. It's special to me. And all I want right now... is a very good, very intimate friend."

He flashed her one of the wide smiles she claimed she really liked. "Good. I know we haven't been friends for too long, but I'd like to think we're the sort of friends that stand the tests of time." The smile turned into more of a devilish smirk. He couldn't help but laugh at the tickle to his underarm. That spot had always been rather ticklish to him.

"You can say 'no'-"

Ao'mek stroked her hair even more. "I think I would be a fool to say no. A very good, very intimate friend sounds just perfect to me."