A New Sort of Adventure ~ Tag: Finn/Ember

Not the large stone caverns that Weyr people are used to, these are buildings built on the top of the cliff, sometimes referred to as the Weyr Cliff. These buildings are all the same size, with multiple apartments for dragonriders to live in in each building. Because of space constraints, dragons sleep in large pavilions built around the dragonrider apartments.
Parker
Marks: 4401.00 [Donate]

Re: A New Sort of Adventure ~ Tag: Finn/Ember

Postby Parker » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:40 pm

"Can I see them? I want to see my babies."

"Of course, sweetie. Let's let them clean her up first." Bast said as he stared down in awe at the tiny crying girl in his arms. She was so perfect. A bit smaller than her brother, but that was to be expected. He moved over to the cleaning station and handed off his little girl to the waiting apprentice so she could give her her first bath. "Go ahead and take him over to her, please." He told the other apprentice who was now holding his swaddled son and was making sweet noises to him. He moved to wash up himself.

"Hang on a second Mommy and Daddy." The other Journeyman said as he waited to deliver the afterbirth. "Finn, I need you push again." Bast quickly moved back over to Finn's side and immediately palpated her stomach. "You think there is another?" He asked increduously. The healer nodded his head. Bast looked at Finn with the first hint of shock since the labor started. Twins were rare enough, but triplets.... However, when he looked for himself it seemed as if the man was right. A crown of shiny, matted hair was what he saw.
Image Image Image Image Image
F'lin & Mnenomth | Mar'lus & Shardamakath | C'sian & Gastoneth | B'tian & Villeforth | Sid'nis & Iolith
Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth | So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

.::..::..::..::..::..
PC Character Tracker | Marks Tracker | NPC Stash

Ember
Marks: 1113.00 [Donate]

Postby Ember » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:44 am

What? Another baby? Triplets... Finn had to grit her teeth together. She wasn't sure if she could handle another round of pushing and going through the pain of passing a child, though by now she suspected it would be easier than the first two had been. She looked down at Bast and blinked through her tears, a mix of happy gloss and frustration, and reached for him. "I need you right now, Bast." And she wasn't at all ashamed to admit that she whimpered, because she was so tired, even as her body gave way and she curled and pushed.

With a gasp she fell back again and let her hands fall to the sides of the bed, knowing she still had to push, still had to try. She could do this, she had to do this, and she would make him proud. "Walk through tulips." She exclaimed with a soft wheeze, a teasing remark. She licked her lips and grabbed hold of Bast's shirt. "As much as I would like to have lots of babies with you one day... I don't think I want anymore for a short time." She chuckled and touched her upper lip with her tongue.

And then she nodded, ready. [b]"Can I go again?"
She needed do, dear Faranth she hoped they let her...
Finn ~◇*◇~ L'van ~◇*◇~ D'kellen ~◇*◇~ Dirce ~◇*◇~ V'ric ~◇*◇~ K'rios ~◇*◇~ J'on
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Saibra ~◇*◇~ Joss ~◇*◇~ Rathiran ~◇*◇~ Alastair ~◇*◇~ Fali'vas ~◇*◇~ Wykoda ~◇*◇~ Cataren

Compendium | NPC Archive | Wanted Connections | Marks Tracker | Emporium

Parker

Postby Parker » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:59 pm

Bast immediately moved back to Finn and took a hold of her hand. "I'm right here, dear. It's okay." He couldn't believe this...triplets? Twins were one thing, but three...shards, he should have made her take it so much easier. Not that she hadn't taken it easy enough especially with his mother-henning. He wiped her brow again with a cool cloth. "This should be the last one, dear. You can do this." Bast spoke with confidence. However, he didn't seem as sturdy has he had been before. Needless to say he was rather shocked by the fact of triplets and he had no idea what would happen with this third baby.

"Go ahead, Finn, push." The other healer told her. This one didn't take as much effort of pushing as the first two, but that was not necessarily a good thing. It wasn't long before the journeyman caught the infant. However, instead of an exclamation of what it was and the sounds of cries, the healer quickly cut the cord and then rushed over to one of the exam tables and began to do something that neither Bast or Finn could see.

Every instinct in Bast wanted to run over there too, but he stayed by Finn. He watched closer and could tell immediately what the healer was trying to do. He hugged Finn close to him, having a feeling he knew what was to come next. After a moment he stopped and swaddled the small infant before picking it back up. He turned back to Bast and Finn and walked towards them, lips pressed in a thin line. He gave a small shake of his head. "I'm sorry. I don't know if it was lack of nutrients or...I'm so sorry. This happens sometimes with multiples."

Bast looked sorrowfully at Finn and leaned in to press a kiss against her forehead. To try and distract from the one loss, the apprentices brought over their first two and handed them off. They were both fussing and angry. "Here, let me help. Do you want to feed them one at a time or both at once?" Bast asked as he helped to position their little boy for his first meal. He was sad, very sad, but he'd seen this enough times to not be truly devastated, not when they had two beautiful living babies that needed love and attention.
F'lin & Mnenomth | Mar'lus & Shardamakath | C'sian & Gastoneth | B'tian & Villeforth | Sid'nis & Iolith
Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth | So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

Ember

Postby Ember » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:34 pm

There was something wrong, she knew there was, and she wanted nothing more than to know what was wrong. A third baby was supposed to be something special, not quiet, and there was nothing but a bitter silence hanging in the air. The fact that it stretched so long told her that there was something not right, and when the healer turned to speak, she burst into tears and leaned into Bast, knowing if it weren't for him, she wouldn't be able to hold onto the babies that were pressed against her in those weak first few moments as a new mother.

Slowly she took in a deep, shuddering breath, knowing she had to be strong. It happened, she knew that as a healer, and the twins were at least healthy and thriving. She needed to be thankful about that at least. But there was a chill in her heart she was having a difficult time shaking. "I want to feed them both, Bast. They need their Momma, and that's what I'm here for." As they latched on, held in her arms, she felt such relief she started to cry again, this time from happiness, and she looked up at her weyrmate with a what was the beginning of a water-logged smile.

But then she sobered, considerably, and she pressed her forehead against him as the babies suckled hungrily from her. She needed to tell him her wishes before the healers had someone else do it. It wouldn't be right otherwise. "Bast... I need you to take the baby... I need you to take care of them for me. Please. I don't want someone else to do it."
Saibra ~◇*◇~ Joss ~◇*◇~ Rathiran ~◇*◇~ Alastair ~◇*◇~ Fali'vas ~◇*◇~ Wykoda ~◇*◇~ Cataren

Parker

Postby Parker » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:49 am

Bast helped to fix her clothing and the blankets so that she could be the most comfortable holding two babes as they ate hungrily. It was heart warming to know that they had two such strong children, just as it was as heart breaking to know they had lost one. He stayed by her side and stroked her hair as he watched their little babies. "We'll have to think of names for them. Good strong names." Bast leaned down and kissed the top of her head. "It'll be best if you stay here for a couple of nights, love. I'll be sure to stay with you, of course. We'll get you and the twins moved to a new room soon enough." Bast said, finding that slipping into healer mode was helping him to deal with the grief a little better.

"Bast... I need you to take the baby... I need you to take care of them for me. Please. I don't want someone else to do it."

Bast nodded his head solemnly and gave her another kiss before placing a kiss on the heads of their little boy and girl. "Of course, my love." He assured her and then moved to where the tiny, still body was and picked it up. He had to look of course. Other than the lack of life within her, she was perfect. Two little girls, that's what they should have had. There was nothing to do about it now, but move on as much as it hurt. Bast spoke with the other journeyman to make sure that he was going to take care of getting Finn a new room and clothes. "Alright, sweetie, I'll be right back."

He left then to go take care of the little girl they'd lost. When he got back he would find Lorcan and Isiana and see if Finn was up for some company.

Ember

Postby Ember » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:50 am

She didn't want him to go, but at the same time, no one else could do this. It wasn't that she didn't trust anyone else, but it wouldn't be right for anyone else to complete this difficult task. Finn was torn between asking him to bring the baby over for her to see, and just sending him off, and in the end decided upon the latter. It would be best if she didn't see their lost child, one way or another. She wasn't sure why she'd come to that decision, she just knew that if it remained as it was...

She started to sob when he left, releasing some of the pain that she felt for losing one of their children. It wasn't her fault anymore than it was anyone else's, but that didn't mean she didn't feel the ache of what had taken place. She pulled the babies to her after they had decided they'd fed enough and kissed them both on their little faces, taking note of their shared features though they were blurred thanks to hear tears. "You both look like your Daddy. We'll have to tell him when he gets back, won't we?"

The move to another room and change was not easy, as it meant letting go of her children, but it was only for a moment or two and once Finn was settled again, she was allowed to scoop them back up. She didn't want to think that there should be a third with them, but it was on her mind there, and she thought that it would always be that way, no matter how she tried to think, move, or act. She pushed it down, away, at least for now, and nuzzled her babies while she waited for Bast to return.

Parker

Postby Parker » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:32 pm

Bast had taken a few minutes to hold the lifeless little body. He knew this was the best. To take care of things now and not dwell on the what could have beens. He was a firm believer that things happened for reasons so that helped to soothe the hurt a little, but how could a father not be affected by the death of a child, even if technically this child had never taken their first breath of air. The task itself did not take long and when Bast returned to the infirmary he had managed to stop the tears that had fell before.

He was not at all suprised to find his brother smoking outside of the infimary and wondered if Villeforth had informed him that Finn's delivery was over. "Lorcan!" He yelled to his brother who, upon seeing him, dropped his cigarette and moved with a wide smile on his face to wrap his baby brother in a tight hug.

"Congratulations li'l brother! You're a father! Well, come on out with it...what do I have? Niece or nephew?" Lorcan asked a ball of excitement.

"Both. It's twins, boy and a girl." Bast answered him, though he could barely breathe in the man's grip. He was grinning from ear to ear with pride, though that smile was knocked off as well a the wind knocked from his lungs as Lorcan hugged him even tighter.

"Twins?! Are you fucking serious?" Lor asked with excitement.

"Yes, I'm serious. C'mon. You can come see them for a few minutes. Finn's pretty tired, though. It's been a rough day. You see...there was triplets but one of them...was still born." Bast never kept anything from his brother, so of course he'd tell him of their loss.

The look of excitement on Lor's face fell to one of sorrow and he pulled his little brother back in for a comforting hug. "Shit man. I am sorry to hear that."

"Thanks. It's...well, it is what it is and is pretty common with multiples. At least she didn't suffer any." Bast said as he put on a strong face. The two brother headed into the infirmary then. Bast had to figure out where Finn's new room was, but it didn't take them long to get there. He knocked before entering. "Hey dear. Got someone here interested in seeing the little ones." Bast said as he stuck his head in first to make sure she was ready for a guest.

Ember

Postby Ember » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:05 pm

Even after the babies had finished their feed, Finn had been determined to continue to hold them. There was something comforting about having them in her arms, even if her mind kept wandering to the thought that there should be three there with her, not two. More than once she'd been bowled over by tears, hidden away only by the knowledge that she couldn't weaken her hold on the precious bundles curled up against her chest. They were her everything now, and even if she had her duties as a rider to tend to, she would do everything she could to make sure they had a proper mother in their life. They would never go without knowing who she was, or her gentle touch, her love, her warm and loving care. This is what she'd wanted for so long, and now that she had it, she wasn't going to take it for granted. "My babies, my precious little ones." She murmured, kissing each of them, one after the other, on the tops of their little heads.

Later, when she felt stronger and Bast was able to help her, she wanted to introduce them to the dragons. Danteth had already peeked in and determined that she wanted to see her little hatchlings, even had gone so far as to say Villeforth, her beloved friend, was eager to be introduced as well. She smiled at the thought, even more so in the knowledge that her and Bast's children would always have two giant best friends, and protectors, in the dragons bonded to their parents. "You're very lucky, my little loves, to have such wonderful ladies looking out for you. Faranth forbid anyone who ever tries to cross you. Your Daddy and I will be lucky if we're able to get to them before Danteth and Villeforth get to them first." Dragons did not hurt humans by principal and long ingrained genetic code, but they were not above scaring them when the situation called for it, after all...

She was tired, and wanted to sleep, with Bast there to hold her. She imagined waking up and seeing him holding their babies, or maybe falling asleep with the image burned in her mind instead. But she was determined to stay up for a little while longer before that happened. First, she wanted to see him with their children, she wanted to distract herself with them and hopefully swallow down the regret of not saying a proper goodbye to the baby they had lost. Later, when she felt stronger and more able, she would ask Bast what their little one had been. Right now, a new mother already torn apart by her want to celebrate and her need to grieve, she did not think she was strong enough to know.

Thankfully, a distraction, a much beloved one, was right around the corner, and she smiled when she saw the face of her love in the doorway. "Tell whoever it is to come in. The babies are starting to wake up from their milk-nap." Indeed they were, starting with the little girl who looked every inch like her beautiful father, right down to the mop of soft curls on the top of her precious head. Just like her brother's, Finn thought with a loving smile. They wouldn't be awake for long though, she knew, probably long enough to be fussed upon before the tiredness of being born overwhelmed them once more. She smiled at the thought and lightly rested her cheek upon their little boy's head, her face softening further when she felt him nuzzle up against her.

Parker

Postby Parker » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:44 am

"Tell whoever it is to come in. The babies are starting to wake up from their milk-nap."

Bast opened the door further and gestured for Lorcan to go on in ahead of him. "Hey Finn....Faranth, look how little they are." Lor practically cooed as he moved closer to where Finn and the twins were. For all he tried to act all gruff and tough, deep down he really was a big softie. "They are absolutely precious you two. You did a good job. Finn, I'm giving you most of the credit of course." Lor said teasingly as he stroked the little head of his niece.

Bast came up beside him and stole his little boy to hold. After what he had just done he needed to hold one of his children and count their fingers as they wiggled. "We haven't thought of names yet, but when we do we'll be sure to let you know. For now...we all just need some rest I think." He said as he kissed the top of the little boy's head. Lorcan wrapped a hand around one of Bast's shoulders and squeezed.

"I'm proud of you, Bast." Lor said and then pulled his taller brother down to place a brotherly kiss on his cheek. He then did the same to Finn. He would visit with them for a little bit and then leave. Later he would bring Isiana so she could see the little sweethearts, but of course he'd give Bast a heads up first. Their family was going and he knew that even having to be riders first, Bast and Finn was going to be great parents.

{fin}

Return to “Dragonrider Apartments”