More Obvious Than a Green Among Queens ~ [Tag] Kate/Isiana

Not the large stone caverns that Weyr people are used to, these are buildings built on the top of the cliff, sometimes referred to as the Weyr Cliff. These buildings are all the same size, with multiple apartments for dragonriders to live in in each building. Because of space constraints, dragons sleep in large pavilions built around the dragonrider apartments.
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:00 pm

Finn grinned, because she knew her friend was right. Her mate would love her no matter how big she became. Thinking about him made her sigh happily, and for a moment she just sat there with a stupid little look on her face. She was in that position for so long that it took Danteth shoving her mentally for the little spell to be broken, and even then she still appeared a little dopey afterwards. But she couldn't help it... she loved that man, with all of her heart, and she just hoped that at the end of the day he knew it. "I think that same could be said of you and Lorcan though, you know. Even if he's a gruff son of a bitch on most days. I've seen the way he looks at you, Isi. That's a man very much in love, whether he admits to it or not."

Any other words didn't come after that though, cut off by the appearance of food which made her rub her hands together happily, her eyes bright and gleeful as she took in the savory smells of everything that was served. "Some of the best? Isi, this is amazing!" Of course, Finn was a hungry pregnant woman, everything was good to her, but she was being genuine, she wouldn't just say it to her friend to be nice, and realizing how it might sound, she paused to set her spoon down, as difficult as it was to do so.

"I mean it, not a single thing about it isn't good. I'm enjoying this thoroughly." She quickly picked her spoon back up and started eating again, and as her bowl emptied, she asked for more, unable to help herself. Not only was it good, but she was starving, not that Bast didn't make sure she ate; she ate plenty under his watch. "I owe you a good meal. Perhaps one of these days I can swing by and cook a big meal for the four of us? Or we can cook something together? Put our brains together and spoil our men for taking such good care of us?" She wriggled her brows and grinned. "It's an idea at the very least. I like the idea of making something with you."
Dirce L'van D'kellen D'ante V'ric Na'vi K'rios J'on
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Fali'vas Koda'vis Melangell Cataren Sianca Feraliss Yaranavexa Rathiran

Compendium | NPC Archive | Wanted Connections | Marks Tracker | Emporium

[ Threads Wanted ]

“It's better to write something, anything, than to starve the monster. The monster must feed. And it will feed on your soul if not your words. Its appetite is insatiable. Write to save yourself from the monster.”
― Don Roff ―
Kate

Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:12 pm

Isiana was glad that she had made Finn smile as they talked about Bastian and how the young man would feel about Finn. There was no way the zultanite rider would ever feel any less about Finn, no matter what. A slight blush found itself creeping onto her face as Finn began talking about Lor being the same way as his brother. "Oh, you're right, I'm sure he would. Just like I would care about him no matter what too." As much as Lor was a "rough around the edges type" Isiana knew he cared about her, deeply. Sometimes he still made comments, belittling himself, and she would constantly be encouraging, trying to get him to see that she cared about him, no matter what. Most of the time it worked, and they were both actually pretty happy with the ways things had been going for them.

Just as the blush was finally getting to be all the way gone, Isiana could feel the hotness creeping back into her cheeks as Finn praised her cooking. The young woman knew she could cook, but she never really thought that t was the best or anything. So apparently she was better st cooking than she thought. For a moment, her dark eyes studied her friend, trying to decide if she was just saying that. Isiana tossed that thought aside, knowing that Finne was not that type of person, even if she was really hungry. ”Thanks Finn, I appreciate the compliment.”

As Finn continued talking about it, the young good rider chuckled. ”Well I’m glad you are enjoying it so much. I tried to at least make your favorites so that you would enjoy it even more.” Of course it also happened that Finn’s favorites were also hers, so in the end t worked out great for everyone. She had just finished eatin her own food when her friend asked for more. Isiana got some more food for Finn and just a bit more for herself as well and then sat back down.

She took a couple bites of the food and then turned her attention to Finn as her friend began to talk to her again, telling her an idea she had. The young woman smiled softly. I am sure the boys would love that. Not that I wouldn’t mind you cooking for just the two of us sometime, but it seems like this would be a nice surprise for the two of them."

It did not take long for the young woman to finish the little bit of extra food she had put on her plate, and after she was done she gathered the dishes and began cleaning them. Luckily, she had cleaned as she was making the food, so all that was left really were the dishes they had ate on, and the utensils they had used. so it would not take her very long at all. She turned to Finn, smiling. "There's some books in there if you want to read one while I clean, and then we can sit and talk if you want."
Image Image Image Image Image
Isiana & Andromedath | A'ric & Behemoth | K'uavaen & Synsith | Talen & Khonlen | Devyn & Isamuyn
Ember

Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:05 am

It warmed Finn to know that her friend had gone through so much effort for her. So much so that she almost started to cry again. Were it not for Danteth's reassurances that she would be just fine, she might have done exactly that, but Finn kept herself strong and decided she didn't want the tears again. Besides, she didn't want to risk upsetting Isiana. She wondered how she was doing as she watched her a moment, in between bites, trying to be as subtle as she could about it. They hadn't spent much time together lately, as had been discussed, but that didn't mean she didn't wonder. Not that she needed to know everything going on in the goldrider's world. It still made her wonder though.

On the subject of them cooking, she smiled and set her spoon down, finally - FINALLY! she thought - feeling a little full. "Well, you know... we could always try and do both." She grabbed hold of her glass and smiled, thinking about what she would make, first and foremost, for herself and Isiana, and chuckled when she saw a literal feast in her mind. "After all, I'm going to have the baby soon enough, and I won't be able to spend as much time with you by then, just the two of us, whereas when the baby arrives, it makes more sense for the four of us to get together. Why don't we make a plan for something like that? Just you and I sometime soon, I cook, then after the baby comes, we get together, let the boys watch the baby, and we cook together?"

Luckily for her, she liked the idea of looking over some of her friend's books, and pushed herself to her feet to go look at them. "You sure you don't want any help over there? I can give you a hand if you want, look at the books before I leave, really." That was another option, because she knew she wanted a peek - she would need something to read at some point during the pregnancy when she was stuck on the ground.

[ Threads Wanted ]

“It's better to write something, anything, than to starve the monster. The monster must feed. And it will feed on your soul if not your words. Its appetite is insatiable. Write to save yourself from the monster.”
― Don Roff ―
Kate

Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:24 am

Silence hung in the air, but that really that uncomfortable silence people get sometimes. It was just an understood kind of silence. The two young women were just taking in everything, enjoying their meal. Sure they wanted to talk to each other, get all caught up and everything, but at the same time, they both knew that they had all day to do it. There was no rush.

As Isiana listened to her friend, a smile came to her face. "Of course we can do both. I promise, now that things have settled down a little bit, you and I should be able to get together more often. Especially after the baby is born. You know I'm going to want to spoil him and become his favorite auntie." For a moment, her dark eyes wandered around before she gave her friend another smile. "You know what, I quiet like the sound of that. You and Bastian are going to be busy with the baby so I do agree that it would just be easier for Lor and I to come over to visit you guys. Just have dinner and be together. Sounds nice." Of course, it would be more than nice. The four of them loved spending time together, honestly to Isiana the four of them felt more like a family than friends. Granted. she knew Bastian and Lor were obviously already family, but it felt as though the four of them were as close as the two brothers were.

Isiana grinned at her friend, loving the fact that Finn still wanted to help her, even though she was pregnant. isiana wanted to keep her off her feet as much as possible so that she didn't incur the wrath of Bastian if something went wrong. "Of course I'm sure. This won't take me but a few minutes, and then I'll come sit down and we can gossip some more about those two men of ours huh?" With that she turned her attention back to the dishes, and had them done in no time.

After she put them all away, which again took her only a few minutes, she made her way into the living room and sat down on the couch with Finn. "So, how is everything going with Bast? Any problems because of the pregnancy? Is he just as excited as you are?"
Isiana & Andromedath | A'ric & Behemoth | K'uavaen & Synsith | Talen & Khonlen | Devyn & Isamuyn
Ember

Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:14 pm

"Oh, I already know that, and I wouldn't expect anything less of you, my friend." It felt almost wrong to call Isiana that, because the truth of the matter was that she felt more like a sister at this point. It wasn't a strange sensation at all, more of a pleasant realization. She just didn't know how to come out and say it to her, since she didn't want to scare her away, or think it was weird for someone to say. Then again, if they were talking about spending time together, more or less as a family unit, and the baby being spoiled by his auntie - Finn herself was certain it was going to be a little boy, she just had a feeling about it - what could it hurt? She reached across the short distance between them and settled a hand on her friend's forearm, and gave it a gentle squeeze. "Hey, Isi, do you mind if I talk to you about something? It isn't bad, it's actually good, but I'm a little worried you might find it strange."

While Isiana was up doing dishes, Finn picked through the books, thumbing through pages until she found some that she wanted to read. A couple sounded like something that Bast might like, so she tucked those in the pile just for him, and decided she might have to make two trips just to carry them all. She was certainly going to need all the entertainment she could get in the coming months, and despite having a shelf full of books in the apartment, she didn't want to take the chance of running out of material to keep herself happy throughout the day. When Isiana made her way back, she closed the last book and patted the couch, moving over to make room, more than happy to talk about her man first.

"Oh, Bast, you know what makes me happy, don't you, Isi?" She grew quiet for a moment, not out of anything bad, but rather a deep, contemplative moment where she considered just how happy he made her. They'd been together for a while now, brought together by an incident on hatching sands where she'd treated him, and now they were going to be parents. Her grin started to make her glow, and she touched her cheeks, surprised when she didn't feel the heat that was making her flush with joy. "Everything is wonderful, no problems at all to report of. We're both excited, both eager for the arrival of the baby. He's letting me nest already..."

She paused, because she'd just let out something that she hadn't announced to her friend yet. She shifted to settle her legs under her and grinned, leaning in close to press her chin against her hand. "We moved in together after we found out about the baby. I never thought I'd want to live with someone else before but he makes every day being with someone worth it, Isi."

[ Threads Wanted ]

― Don Roff ―
Kate

Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:49 am

Isiana couldn't help but smile softly at her friend, her mind wandering just a bit. It really didn't seem all that long ago that Finn had saved her from the tunnel snakes. That had been the beginning of this beautiful friendship, and Isiana hoped that their friendship would continue. Finn was her best friend. Although that wasn't really saying much, since she didn't have many friends, it still meant something to her. Honestly, Finn felt like the sister she didn't have. There was almost something deeper than friendship between them, but neither of them bothered to question it. Of course Isiana would want to be around the baby. It was going to be Lor's niece or nephew, and she knew the blue rider would certainly want to be around his own family. Plus, as Finn's best friend, the gold rider wanted to make sure she was there was well. Finn's voice reached her ears once more, and the way she was speaking it made her frown just ever so slightly. Why would she find it strange? What was going on? Giving her a friend a smile, she nodded. "Of course you can ask me something, and I won't think it's strange. Come on, we know each other. I could never think anything you say would sound strange."

Dishes did not take her long at all, and she had them done before she knew it. Joining her friend in the other room, she smiled softly as they started up their conversation once again. A smile came to her face as Finn talked about how mentioning Bast, talking about him, made her happy. Isiana was glad that her friend had someone like that. Someone that even just mentioning them brought a smile to your face. Honestly, she knew exactly how that felt. She felt it when she was with Lor, or whenever she and Finn spoke about him. Letting out the slightest breath she hadn't known she had been holding, the young woman smiled. "Well that's good, I'm glad everything is going good for the two of you. The baby is going to have a great home to grow up in. I know you and Bastian will spoil him or her rotten." Chuckling softly, Isiana let her dark eyes drift away for a moment before coming back to Finn. "Although, I guess Lor and I will spoil him or her as well. I can't wait to see if Lor is a softie when it comes to babies or not." Giggling slightly, she picked up a book, totally letting what Finn had kind of hinted at go right over her head for a moment.

Quickly closing the book, she only had a second to stare at Finn before her friend was explaining. A grin split her face and he said, Congratulations! That's a big step. Honestly though, I'm surprised it took you guys having a baby for this to happen. I kind of thought you would have moved in together a long time ago. The smile on her face and the way her eyes were dancing told her friend that she was happy for her, and was only teasing her.

You know, I kind of wish Lor and I were living together, but we're still trying to take things kind of slow. I think it will come along eventually. He doesn't want to rush me, and I don't want to rush him. It would be nice though I think."
Ember

Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:48 pm

Finn shifted and settled her head on her shoulder, then shifted again to straighten. She was just going to come straight out and say it because it wasn't a bad thing and she didn't want her friend to be concerned about what she had to say. She didn't want to stretch it out and make it seem like it was a bad thing. "I was just thinking, and feeling it really, that I don't think of you as a friend at this point. I think of you as something else entirely. You're my family, Isi. You're my sister. We may not share blood, but we share a bond, I'd like to think that we do at least. So what I'm hoping is that I can not only call you my best friend, but that I can adopt you into my family and call you my sister as well."

She wanted them to talk about Lor as well, because she'd sat and gushed about Bast from the beginning of a sevenday to the very end. But Isi had beat her to it and started to speak of something else, and she wondered if she was trying to avoid the subject of her and Lor and babies. Finn grinned inwardly and decided not to tease her friend about it. For now. Instead, she focused on the subject at hand. "Truth be told, we've more or less been living together. We were moving between either my apartment or his, but now we're settled in one and it is... well, you'll know exactly what that sensation is like once you and Lor move in together. But I know you two are taking it easy, and slow, so I won't tease you too much about details until it actually happens."

She held up a finger, showing Isi that she still had something to say about the matter. "In the meantime, you can tell me how things are going with you two, because I gushed enough about my man, now its your turn to gush about yours." There, she'd gotten her request in and she felt a little smug for it.

[ Threads Wanted ]

― Don Roff ―
Kate

Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:54 am

Dark eyes carefully watched her friend, wondering what she wanted to ask her. Bad things kept running through her mind, and the Gold rider had to keep telling herself that Finn had already told her it wasn't anything bad. Feeling Finn's head on her shoulder, Isiana smiled softly, As Finn began speaking once more, the young woman could not stop the sting of a few tears that sprang up. Quiet honestly, Isisana felt the same way about her friend. It always seemed like the two of them had a deeper bond than just friends. Isiana didn't know if that had something to do with the fact that the two of them were dating brothers, so they were all pretty much always together anyway. Not that it was a bad thing, it was just something that Isiana found herself thinking about occasionally. Smiling softly at her friend, she nodded rather eagerly. "Of course. I would be honored to have you to call me your sister." A thoughtful expression then came across her face. I do have one stipulation though. If you are going to call me your sister, then I need to be able to call you sister as well." Isiana was indeed serious, although even if something happened and Finn said no, it wasn't going to bother her that much.

isiana held onto her book, although it basically remained just in her hand, forgotten about for the time being... The young gold rider always wanted to be able to talk to her friend, no matter what it was about. Smiling softly, she chuckled. "Well I'm glad you guys are moved in together now. I would assume it's going to make things alot easier on the both of you, and the baby." Not that she knew much about babies, and she knew eventually it would probably end up in the creche, but at the same time, the young woman was pretty sure it would be good for the baby to have both parents in the same place. Plus, it would make it easier for Bastian and Finn to share the duties that came with raising a baby. Chuckling a little she shook her head. "No, you are fine. You're not teasing me. I'll know what it feels like soon enough. After our fight, things are just finally start to get back to normal again. Besides, as you know from Bast, Lor doesn't have the best track record when it comes to girls. So, I'm trying to let him take his time so he doesn't think he is going to mess up or lose me."

For a moment, dark eyes looked around, thinking about exactly how things were between them. A small smile came to her face and she finally said, "Actually, things are getting better now. Honestly, I was afraid that fight would do us in, but it didn't. We manged to get through it, and I'm doing everything I can to make sure everything is ok, and I know he is doing the same. I honestly think we are both scared of what might happen. We are both scared of loosing each other. Now that everything is back to the way it was, I'd like to think that our bond is even stronger. I guess we'll find out what happens, see where everything goes." As much as it pained her that to admit that they had had trouble, and were still recovering from it, it felt good to talk to someone about it. She knew Finn would understand, and she felt comfortable enough that she also knew Finn might offer some suggestions about what to do.
Ember

Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:29 pm

For a moment, however brief it would last, Finn froze when Isi said there was a stipulation. There was nothing to worry about though, as it turned out, and her face bloomed into a large, bright smile as she said exactly what that thing was. "Of course you'll be able to! I wouldn't have it any other way." How could she consider the goldrider her sister and not allow it to run the other way as well? She stood momentarily to hurry over and hug her, before returning to her seat. "There, we're family now. Maybe not in blood, but I find blood doesn't always matter. Lor is my brother, and he isn't related to me in blood." She felt tears in her eyes, yet again, and laughed as she quickly dashed them. "Such a happy day I've been able to share with you, my darling sister."

She nodded when the other woman spoke of Lor, and smoothed a hand over her legs. "I don't see why he would, but I think it is a good that you're giving him time." She knew all of that from her mate, and it made her ache for Lor. She was glad he had someone like Isi, and she was glad the fight hadn't torn the two of them apart. "Sometimes fights happen, and I think what had taken place between the two of you was bound to come to a head eventually, all things considering. It's painful to think about, of course it is, but if not when it had, it would have happened eventually." She touched the goldrider's hand gently. "But I understand that things are still bumpy and not quite smoothed over as a result, so you just need to take things one day at a time. You'll make it though, it's just something to be worked on is all. As long as you love one another and want to make things survive, you'll be able to do it."

[ Threads Wanted ]

― Don Roff ―
Kate

Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:01 am

Well that had gone over just about an easily as the young gold rider had thought it would. Knowing her friend as well as she did, Isiana had had no doubt in her mind that Finn would agree to her terms. Honestly, the dark haired young woman could have probably just called Finn her sister anyway. Then again, it was always better to ask stuff, or at least, that was how she had been raised anyway. While Isiana would probably never admit it, she was releived in a way that Finn had said it was ok to call her her sister. Not quiet sure why she felt so relieved, Isiana just decided to not let her mind dwell on it. Chuckling, the laughter went to her eyes, maklng the dark orbs shine brightly. "Well, I'm glad you are having a happy day, because I am too. It's nice to just relax and catch up with my friend."

For a moment, Isiana let her mind wander, thinking about something. With a chuckle, she turned to Finn. "You know, if we are all like brothers and sisters, isn't it weird that we are dating our "brothers?" Sorry, you know the stuff that comes out of my mouth sometimes." Sometimes, Isiana didn't know where thoughts like that came from. For as shy as she was sometimes, she said stuff like thta alot. Honestly, she kind of blamed Lor, but in a good way.

Isiana smiled softly. "Honestly, I don't know either. I just tihnk he feels like he has been the reason every relationship he had before hasn't worked. No matter how hard I try to tell him its not, it never seemed to help. Now though, I think its starting to sink in that nothing is going to make me go away." Finn continued talking, and the young dark haired woman felt her friend's hand on her own. Giving her friend a grateful smile, she said, "Oh yes, I know it would have happened eventually. I just, wish I knew what the whole problem was, why he felt that way about Flights. I mean, I do to a point. I feel like now though, we understand each other just a little better, although I think it still puts both of us on edge a bit."

Another small smile came to her face. "I agree. We love each other, and that's all that matters, it will get us through anything. Actually, I've always beleived that. Just something I kind of got from watching my parents I guess. Even though there were rough times sometimes, they still loved each other, and always seemed to come out of it, no matter what happened. So I have faith that Lor and I will be ok. It'll be bumpy, but it'll be worth it Im sure."

Settling back on the couch, Isiana thumbed the book for a moment. "You know, I'm really glad we can talk about this stuff, it helps when I can get it off my chest. Thanks Finn, I really appreciate it."