More Obvious Than a Green Among Queens ~ [Tag] Kate/Isiana

Not the large stone caverns that Weyr people are used to, these are buildings built on the top of the cliff, sometimes referred to as the Weyr Cliff. These buildings are all the same size, with multiple apartments for dragonriders to live in in each building. Because of space constraints, dragons sleep in large pavilions built around the dragonrider apartments.
Ember
Marks: 1644.00 [Donate]

More Obvious Than a Green Among Queens ~ [Tag] Kate/Isiana

Postby Ember » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:01 am

Takes place during Winter of 2045
Tiny bits of posing of Isiana done with Kate's permission

You are glowing. It suits you, Finn.

The woman looked down at her stomach, which was growing just a bit more with each day that passed. Her hands moved to curve over the bump and she smiled warmly as she thought about the little life that was forming inside of her. Glowing? Yes she was - after being told for so long that this would never happen, it finally was, and with the man that she wanted to spend the rest of her life with. She couldn't be more thrilled about it. I'm sorry that we'll be grounded for a while. It's going to be frustrating for me, too. Right now she was in the "honeymoon phase" of pregnancy. She knew eventually, like most pregnant riders, she would grow irritable without being up in the sky.

I can still fly. I will miss fighting Thread... but I will survive. The egg you carry must be looked after.

The egg. Finn laughed and nodded. She supposed it was an egg, of sorts. As she was stroking her belly, she thought about the fact that she had yet to tell two people in her life - her sister and Isiana, her best friend. She still couldn't tell Fali'vas, but she could tell Isi, and why not do it now? They hadn't seen one another in ages, they could get together for lunch, if Isi was agreeable, and then Finn could share the news. She couldn't wait to see the look on her friend's face when she found out she was going to be an Auntie, and Finn didn't care what anyone said... that's exactly what Isi was going to be. Danteth, can you speak to Andromedath, see if her rider is available for lunch in her apartment? There was silence for a moment, maybe two, and when the garnet returned with a confirmation, Finn spoke to her again. Ask her if she can get together food. Lots and lots... and lots of food.

Hearing her dragon chuckle, Finn chose to ignore her, and then she went about preparing herself. Belladonna was asleep with her latest clutch while Oleander was off on a chase, and B'tian was off at practice, and Finn - more tired than usual - decided to take her time. She wanted to take something with her, but wasn't sure what. She didn't have cakes, or cookies, nothing like that, but she did have some candies that her parents sent her when she told that she'd been craving some sweets that one of the old aunties at High Reaches made. Perhaps Isi would like them as well? Grabbing them up, she busied herself with cleaning - nesting, she was told it was, but she insisted it was just cleaning - before leaving a note for Bast in case he returned early - and leaving for Isi's.

At her apartment, she knocked, and waited at the door, deciding she was too hungry to wait for food. She popped several of the candies in her mouth at once, until her cheeks puffed out like a little rodent. That's how Isi would see her when the door opened eventually, but Finn didn't think of that. She was more concerned with how good the candies were, and how much she was suddenly craving the oddest of things.
Finn ~◇*◇~ L'van ~◇*◇~ D'kellen ~◇*◇~ K'rios ~◇*◇~ J'on ~◇*◇~ Saibra ~◇*◇~ Joss
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Fali'vas ~◇*◇~ Rathiran ~◇*◇~ Dirce ~◇*◇~ Varric ~◇*◇~ Cataren ~◇*◇~ Wykoda
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Compendium | NPC Archive | Wanted Connections | Marks Tracker | Emporium

Kate
Marks: 10154.00 [Donate]

Re: More Obvious Than a Green Among Queens ~ [Tag] Kate/Isiana

Postby Kate » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:26 am

Dark eyes moved across the page as the young woman read her book, relaxed on her couch, curled up under a blanket. The Queenriders were done with their training and such for the day, so Isiana was taking the time to just let herself unwind while she had the chance. Lor was busy until later, and she had not heard from Bastian or Finn about going to dinner yet. That wasn't really unusual. The four of them tended to just make up plans as they went. Sometimes they all had dinner together, but as it seemed lately, a lot of the time, one or more of them were busy, so they just met up when they could. The four of them were still very close, and did something together very chance they got.

For a moment, Isiana looked around, noticing that it was earlier than she thought. Like, much earlier than she thought. It wasn't even lunch time yet, let alone time to start thinking about making dinner plans. Shaking her head, the young woman turned her attention back to the book she was reading. It wouldn't hurt to read for a bit longer, especially since she wasn't really needing to do anything today. The apartment was already pretty clean, nothing that couldn't wait on more day.

Just as she had gotten back into her book, Andromedath's voice rang in her head. Finn wanted to come over for lunch? Closing her book, a smile came to her face. She and Finn were going to have some strict girl time without the boys, it was going to be great! Quickly, she asked her young dragon to tell Daneth that that would be fine, giggling a bit as she thought about how Finn had asked her to have "lots and lots" of food. It wasn't a big deal though. For once, Isiana was very well stocked up on food. Usually, she tended not to keep so much in the apartment since she was usually pretty busy with Queen training and such. Plus, the dining hall was usually just more convenient than having to come home and actually cook a meal.

Quickly, she made her way to the kitchen, checking to see what she had. Luckily, she had enough to make beef stew, and had some bread to go with it. She also had some bubbly pies for dessert. There was tea or klah or water to drink. Hopefully it would be enough for Finn, and if not, the young gold rider was sure she could make more without a lot of problems.

By the time she heard the knock at the door, everything was pretty much ready. Isiana walked to the door, and couldn't help but chuckle a bit when she saw Finn. "That's a good look for you." she teased her friend, opening the door wider. "Come on in, lunch should be ready shortly. I have water to drink. Or I can make us tea or klah. Whichever you prefer."
Image Image Image Image Image
Isiana & Andromedath | A'ric & Behemoth | K'uavaen & Synsith | Talen & Khonlen | Devyn & Isamuyn

Ember

Postby Ember » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:07 am

Finn grinned, and leaned in to steal a hug from her friend. She wasn't sure what she was obvious about, but whatever it was must be good if Isi was noticing it. She let the hug linger longer than it needed to, just because she had missed her friend, and she was feeling a bit emotional thinking about how much she had, and she certainly didn't want to start crying all of a sudden in front of her, but once she felt composed, Finn let go and stepped inside. "It smells delicious. I haven't been able to eat very much lately, and I'm positively starving." She could catch hints of the stew Isi knew she ilked, and delighted in the fact that her friend had taken her favorite thing into consideration. She was going to have to return the favor the next time it was her turn to host the goldrider in her own apartment.

"So, we've been far too busy, but you especially." She wasn't going to spill right then and there. She wanted to catch up a bit first, maybe get her mouth around a few spoonfuls of stew. Thinking about the food must have distracted her, because Danteth reminded her about the offer of drinks and she ducked her head and laughed, a little embarrassed that she had been so rude. "Oh, some water would be nice. I can't really drink klah right now. It hasn't been..." She paused and wondered how she was going to explain this one without going into too many details. "I haven't really been enjoying it as much as usual. So yeah, water and tea for me today, please."

Kate

Postby Kate » Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:08 pm

A grin spread across Isiana's face, her dark eyes lighting up just a bit as the two of them exchanged a hug. It felt as though it had been forever since the two of them had been able to see each other. Although, the truth was, they saw each other in passing, and most times for dinner. Lately though, it seemed as though everyone was extra busy. At first, Isiana thought maybe it was just her. Being a Queen rider was no walk in the park. Honestly, she hadn't expected it to be in any way, shape or form. Having a dragon was more work than she had originally though, and she was pretty sure that she was not the only on who thought that. Everyone always seemed to get busy once they got their dragons. Isiana remembered when Lor and Bastian and Finn had had their dragons. They all had always made time for each other, no matter what. This time though, it seemed as though they were busier than normal with everything going on. A chuckle escaped her as they parted from their embrace. "Well I guess its a good thing i made your favorite if you're starving."

After letting Finn into her apartment, the young gold rider shut the door, and turned to Finn again as she heard her friend's voice. A smile came to her face as she nodded in agreement. "Not just me, we've all been really busy. I guess it was that time of year. Seems like everything is slowing down a bit now though that winter has set in. Quickly, Isiana set the table, which happened to be the only thing she hadn't gotten done before her friend had arrived. As FInn talked about the water, isiana automatically went to get her a glass. Filling it with water for now, she would make Finn some tea after their meal if her friend wanted.

As she sat the glass on the table, her mind finally caught up with exactly what Finn had been saying. Eating hadn't been easy, and she was only drinking tea or water now. Her dark eyes moved over to where Finn was standing, and she couldn't help but stare at her for a minute. Finally, she squealed with excitement. [b]"Finn! Is there something you haven't told me yet?"
Of course she had pretty much already figured it out, but she didn't want to ruin Finn's fun in telling her about it.
Isiana & Andromedath | A'ric & Behemoth | K'uavaen & Synsith | Talen & Khonlen | Devyn & Isamuyn

Ember

Postby Ember » Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:11 pm

Finn wasn't able to answer immediately since her mouth was so full of food. But she was able to grin. Would that be answer enough? Even so, she started to chew quickly, swallowed even faster, and then started to drink as much water as her stomach would allow. Once it was all down, she politely dabbed at her mouth which was unlike her, then grinned even wider in her best friend's direction. Clearly Isi had guessed what was going on, but Finn wanted to have a little bit of fun with it first, though she wouldn't make her wait too long to find out for certain. She had promised Lor, without saying a word, that she wouldn't.

You're enjoying this far too much, aren't you?

Very much so. I can't help it. I've wanted to tell her for so long... she's my best friend, as important to me as you and Bast.

As far as she was concerned, Isi was family, just like Lor was. She would do anything for the two of them. Including teasing, which she wasn't sure she could do much longer, because she was starting to quiver from holding in her secret. She glanced down at her fingers to see them tapping on the table, then burst out laughing when she realized she couldn't hold it in like she would have been if it were something every day and normal. "I can't do this, I can't hide it... yes, me and Bast are pregnant! You're going to be an auntie, Isi!"

Though she already knew, had known, Danteth outside trumpeted her excitement over the news. And to the two women, and Adromedath even, she spoke, She needs to eat quite a bit today. She is going to be in her own personal sands soon with her egg. Me and Villeforth's rider are going to make sure of that.

Finn rolled her eyes and almost started crying from laughing so hard. "She's been on about this egg thing since she found out, like I'm some delicate, fragile thing. But I swear to you I'm not going to break. But you can flutter too if you'd like. I'm actually enjoying all the extra attention if I have to be honest. Well, to a certain degree. I've been finding ways to sneak out from under Bast's protective eye when I need some air, but I know he only means well. Just... don't tell him I admitted that to you. Please. I don't want to see him upset."

Kate

Postby Kate » Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:32 am

For a moment, all the young gold rider could do was stare at her friend. Knowing her friend couldn't exactly talk at the moment made everything even more fun, and honestly a tiny bit annoying all at the same time. Isiana did not claim to be the most patient person. Sometimes she could be, especially when it came to Lor or Andromedath. Being so excited right now though, it was making it hard for her to be patient at all, no matter how hard she was trying to be. Plus, to be blunt, she would not put it past Finn to just keep her hanging on, and everything like that. Sometimes things were like that. The two girls, with them being best friends, tended to mess around with each other, and drag things out just to keep the other guessing and in suspense. This was one of those times when she wouldn't put it past her friend to do that to her.

Of course, it was pretty obvious anyway. Isiana pretty much already knew the answer. FInn had looked different the last time or two they had been together, but the young gold rider had always just chalked it up to her seeing something that wasn't really there because she was tired. Now though, it was almost pitiful that she hadn't guessed before. what kind of friend was she? Finally, she heard Finn laughing, and she quickly snapped herself back to reality, just in time to listen to what Finn had to say. Letting out another little squeal, she quickly (yet gently), pulled her best friend into another hug. I can't believe it! Congratulations! Tell Bastian for me since you will probably see him before I will." Bouncing around a bit with happiness for her friend, Isi finally let Finn go.

As Danteth spoke, Isiana had to cover her mouth to try and hide her laughter. Not that she thought it would bother Finn, but as they talked about the "egg" she did think it was a little funny. "It's ok FInn. They just care about you. I know it probably gets a bit overbearing, but that's just how men and dragons get I would imagine. They just wanted to make sure you and the baby are both healthy and happy." Chuckling again she nodded. "Don't worry, I wont say anything, I promise."

The goldrider gave her friend another hug and then said, "Alright, come on, the food should just about be done. We can catch up while we're eating, sound good?"

Ember

Postby Ember » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:53 am

"You're so good to me!" Finn laughed, because she knew it would always be the truth - and she was just really happy that soon enough there'd be more than just a few finger foods involved. She was so hungry, with such strange cravings. All of a sudden she was wanting to mix some of her klah into her stew, and she didn't know why but that just sounded like the most delicious thing in the history of Pern. Her stomach rumbled and her laughter continued until there were tears running down her cheeks, and when it stopped she had to grip her belly just to make the aches ease. "Oh, I'm sorry, Isi." She said, trying to soothe herself down from the humor. "Thinking about a craving I'm having right now, and how I can't have it because of klah being involved..."

That made the rest of the humor die down, and all of a sudden she just wanted to burst into tears, all over not being able to have klah. "Oh, fuck." She followed her friend to where the food was being served and he to grip the edge of the table to keep herself steady, to keep herself from crying. "These hormones are just awful. When I'm not hungry, I'm crying. When I'm not crying, I'm eating. When I'm not doing either of those things I'm so fucking restless I can't stop moving around." She looked at her friend and reached for her hand. She wanted nothing more than for Isi to one day have a baby of her own, and for their little ones to grow up together - wouldn't that be lovely if it happened around the same time? - but she was half tempted to tell her to skip out on it because of all that she was experiencing.

And it was only this early into things?

What was going on with her?

She wondered if it was even normal, and suddenly she wanted her mother. Not her foster mother, but her greenriding mother, the woman that had given birth to her and her siblings. She felt a stab in her chest to know that the woman wasn't going to be there with her when she had her baby, and she started to cry, grabbing her sleeve and pulling it up enough to wipe it across her eyes. "I'm sorry, Isi, can you help cheer me up a bit, tell me something happy or funny that's going to take me mind off of the shitty thoughts running through my mind? Doesn't matter what it is? Then we can gush over the baby without me crying like a baby myself."

Kate

Postby Kate » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:08 pm

"Good to you? I should hope so, you are my best friend after all." the young woman teased her friend a bit. FInn had asked her to make some food, so like a good friend, she had. Honestly, Isiana did not mind cooking, not one bit, especially if was for her family or friends. Actually, for the most part, she quiet enjoyed it. Making something was always fun, and it was always nice when people were excited for it like Finn was. As her friend's laughter reached her ears, dark eyes studied her for a moment, trying to figure out exactly what Finn thought was so funny. When Finn spoke, Isiana gave her a soft smile. "Oh a craving huh? Ok, I guess I can understand how that is funny. You had me a bit scared there for a minute if I'm being honest with you." Ok, she hadn't really been scared, more like nervous that there was something wrong. She always worried about her friend, and now knowing that her best friend was pregnant, it just made her all the more nervous because she didn't know what to expect and now she was really nervous that something was going to happen with the baby while Finn was here, away from Bastian and the other healers.

All of a sudden, Isiana could see the shift in Finns demeanor as the tears started to build in her friends eyes. The gold rider did not really know really know what was going on at first. What had made her upset? Before she could think about it too much, the garnet rider was explaining herself and reaching for her hand. Taking her hand, Isiana pulled her in for another hug. Its alright Finn, I’m sure everyone goes through it, and it will be worth it once your little boy or girl is here. Once the embrace ended, Isiana kept ahold of her hand, giving it a gentle, reassuring squeeze. She didn't know what it was like to be carrying a child, or deal with the hormone changes that came along with it, but she was going to be there for Finn, no matter what.

Dark eyes continued to study her friend and a frown came to her face. Concern showed in her eyes as she listened to her friend, and quickly she tried to think of something funny or happy to say. Honestly, nothing came to mind right away. It wasn't like she had some big news to share with Finn, so what else could she tell her? After thinking a moment she smiled softly before speaking. [b]"Well, the other day, I was giving Andromedath a bath, and she got it in her head that she wanted to go under the water. When she came up, she decided she was going to splash me, she got me soaking wet, and then she tried to do it again, but when I saw her coming up, I ducked under and you should have seen the bewildered look on her face. I swear, it was priceless."

After another moment of just holding Finn's hand, reassuring her that everything was fine, Isiana offered her another smile. "Ok, so I think its time we had something to eat. I've been getting hungrier and hungrier since Ive been sitting here smelling this."

Ember

Postby Ember » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:23 pm

The story made Finn laugh, so much so that tears sprang to her eyes and she had to swipe them away from the corners several times. She could always count on Isi to make her feel better, no matter what she was going through, and she moved to hug the other woman thankfully. "I'm so glad we're friends, Isi. You're one of the people in my life I'd be lost without." Danteth for sure, Bast, now the baby, Isi, Varren... without the people she held so close, she would feel as though she had nothing. Faranth, how had she grown to become so blessed? When she felt more tears, she forced herself to think of the Andromedath story again and it made her laugh, and her mind taken off of the need to cry, she stepped back and looked around once food was mentioned.

You know, the food is right there, right? No one is going to take off with it while you aren't looking, and Andromedath's rider isn't going to take it away from you...

I just really love food right now, okay?

She rubbed her hands together and once they were sat with the food, she tried her best to be patient. She was going to be a good girl while she waited to be served, she really was, but even she could tell she was grunting under her breath as she waited. "I promise I'm not trying to rush you. I swear this baby has me thinking about my stomach non-stop. Ever since becoming pregnant, I've either been sick or eating, but since the sickness has more or less passed, all I've been doing is eating. I'm going to have to work off the baby weight after, i know but... it doesn't seem to bother Bast any." Oh, it didn't see to bother him at all, and she sighed with a happy smile on her face as she considered just how happy he was by her present figure.

The garnet outside sighed and spoke to Isi and her rider both. I am so sorry for Finn, rider of Andromedath.

Kate

Postby Kate » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:34 pm

As Finn laughed, a small smile came to the gold rider's face. Isiana was happy that she could do that for Finn and make her laugh when she most needed it. Although, if she was being honest, Isiana had not really thought that story was really that funny. Don't get her long, it was funny, but just not funny enough to warrant laughing yourself into tears. Then again, the young woman guessed it was probably the hormones. They were probably messing with Finn so bad. As Finn spoke, dark eyes turned to focus on her once again, pulling Isiana from her thoughts. Blushing a bit, the dark haired young woman replied, "Awww, thanks Finn. I feel the same way. I don’t know what I would do without you, Lor, and Bastian. It’s nice to know that you three are always going to be there for me, no matter what.”

For a moment there was a silence, but not one of those uncomfortable silences. Finn was not upset now, and both of them were just taking a moment to think. Andromedath rumbled with a chuckle, but also gave Isiana a grumble. Why would you tell that story? It's not the best story of us. Makes me sound like a child, and like I'm incompetent.

You were acting childish, and it's nothing to be ashamed of. It was all in good fun

Finns voice cut through the air and Isiana just smiled, chuckling softly at her friends words. Laughing a bit, Isiana served Finn first, and not really because she was pregnant. It was because that was the right thing to do. The guest, no matter what, always got served first. The gold rider smiled and shook her head. "Oh you're not rushing me. As for Bastian, nothing is going to bother him., He loves you. No matter if you get fat because your pregnant or not, he will still love you unconditionally."

After they had their food on their plates, Isiana took her seat and began digging into the food. "Mmm, I have to admit, this has to be some of the best food I have ever made." Of course she was only teasing a bit. It wasn't that hard to cook what she had done, but she was happy that it was at least good. That was really all that mattered to her.

Return to “Dragonrider Apartments”