Settling into New Home <tag Feraliss/Ember>

Like much of the new Weyr, this is a building built in the Weyr Yard. It is a moderately sized building capable of housing up to 48 candidates of each gender at one time. Dragon candidates, Day wher candidates, and even Watch-wher candidates all are housed in this building.
LdyPayne

Thu May 09, 2019 8:00 pm

Kalesskel tilted his head slightly when Feraliss admitted he wasn't a great person up North. That statement could mean many things and until he learned more about who Feraliss was Kal wasn't in any position to judge him. Feraliss wouldn't fall under his jurisdiction even if the man admitted to being a criminal, especially since Kal resigned from the Legion prior to coming here. But a man could claim he wasn't a great person and still not have broken any laws. It was what Feraliss said next which put things in perspective. Till this moment Kal hadn't heard of any in the North who were Slavers and that was exactly what Feraliss was implying he had been.

"I see," he responded, studying the man while he digested what he knew for certain about the man before him. Given how brief their acquaintace was Kal knew he couldn't make any assumptions either way. A bad past didn't mean the man hadn't changed and he realy didn't know anything about the laws in the North other than what he heard second hand. "Well, one thing nobody can change is their past, what a man does with his life now and into the future, that is all we truly have control of and I have a feeling you are striving to walk a better path now and be a better man as well."

"Once we have come to know each other better I look forward to hearing more about you but for now I'm content to know you for who you are here." Kalesskel didn't get a vibe from the man as being deceitful or otherwise the sort of man Kal would strive to put behind bars to prevent harm to others. He liked to hope the Wher Candidatemaster was good enough a judge of character not to let those who would do evil into the ranks of Candidates.

@Ember
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Sun May 12, 2019 11:31 am

There shouldn't have been as much relief as there was when he was given the "all clear" from Kalesskel, but fuck did it feel good to have someone believe him so obviously and quickly stragith away. It had taken so long with Taelana, and even still to this day she was having a difficult time - though Feral couldn't blame her, she had good reason after what she'd been through. He rubbed the back of his neck and smiled, though his hand quickly returned to the pet he'd been scratching before it realized he'd stopped giving it the pettings it had been receiving before hand.

"I appreciate it, and we'll take our time getting to know one another on the field too, I'm sure. I look forward to that, though I'm sure that will wait. You need your time settling in, though once you feel more comfortable, i'm more than ready heading out to the training grounds." He was eager for it, perhaps a little more than, but he wasn't going to rush. "I'll let you decide our first time out, since that way we can work it around when things are a little more comfortable for you - schedule and environment wise. Would that work for you?"

Please visit the above link for a list of my current
characters, links to their profiles, to see what
they look like, and find other little facts about them!

[ Marks Tracker | Graphics Shop | NPC Archive ]

“You fail only if you stop writing.”
— Ray Bradbury —
LdyPayne

Mon May 13, 2019 6:18 pm

Kalesskel saw the relief Feraliss displayed and was glad he wasn't the sort to make assumptions based on so little information. Whatever life Feraliss had before coming here might have been terrible but as long as he honestly was making an effort to change his ways to the better Kalesskel certainly couldn't hold the past against him. Life was complicated and often not so black and white as many liked to think of it. He was no perfect warrior himself but he liked to think he lived up to his own personal code of ethics.

"I look forward to getting to know you better Feraliss and share my own experiences with you as well."

"That works for me perfectly," Kalesskel responded. "I look forward to our training together and getting to know you better."

@Ember

ooc: I think we can wrap here or on your reply. Let me know when you want to do another thread with these two :)
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Thu May 16, 2019 1:24 am

It sounded like they had a plan together, and Feral opened his mouth to say something more when he felt Astral ready for his meal. Before the blue could pop in and cause an issue for Kalesskel and his pets, the man gave the pets he was with a final scratch and smiled down at them, promising with amused, though affectionate, words that he would visit with them again some other time. "I'll come by later and we can make those plans. I'm going to get going though before Astral comes in here. It was good meeting you, Kalesskel, I look forward to more, as we've both stated already."

With a tip of his head he stood up and let himself out just as the blue landed on his shoulder, and he chittered angrily, smelling other pets on him. Feral rolled his eyes and gave his dear friend a scratch and was therefore instantly forgiven. How easily they could be soothed with a little bit of affection from their own humans when it came to it.

[ fin ]

[ ooc: I'll drop you a line about another thread with these two. I'm looking forward to it! <3 ]

Please visit the above link for a list of my current
characters, links to their profiles, to see what
they look like, and find other little facts about them!

[ Marks Tracker | Graphics Shop | NPC Archive ]

“You fail only if you stop writing.”
— Ray Bradbury —