A Little Tutoring Goes A Long Way ~ Tag ~ Tyriani / Liakkaya

Like much of the new Weyr, this is a building built in the Weyr Yard. It is a moderately sized building capable of housing up to 48 candidates of each gender at one time. Dragon candidates, Day wher candidates, and even Watch-wher candidates all are housed in this building.
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:05 am

It was difficult at times, traversing the halls of weylringhood when he was a man nearing his thirtieth Turn. But Cat wouldn't trade it for the world, because even through the strangeness of his Impression, he'd received Nako, and he wouldn't give up that little blue for nothing. He smiled as he considered the creature, asleep now in his little cozy cot, and decided the time spent training was going to be worth it, even if there was bound to be rough patches. Like learning how to take care of him.

Right now for example, he was trying to understand a tome of dragonhealing, and as much as it should be easy to understand for someone who was a beastcrafter in partial trade, a lot of it was going over his head, even after the dragonhealing first aid they'd received early on. He simply wanted to know a little more, to be better able to take care of his dragon and what ailed him, though he knew well enough that he hadn't the skills to tend to all matters, that there would be times when it would require a visit to the infirmary to take care of some things.

"Hats off," he murmured to himself while sketching out another round of notes. "To anyone who does this for a living." He'd much rather work in mud pits with his runner, Corvo, or in the stables with some of the other beasts, but those were dreams of yesterday, and he wouldn't get to see Corvo for a few more months yet. Poor thing was going to require all the fruit and sweet cubes he could stuff in his pockets, and even then he might not forgive his owner for "abandoning" him for so long.

At least he had Niomi for company, and knowing her, Corvo would probably have switched his allegiance to her by then. He grinned while thinking of his lady love, and was glad he had someone looking out for the beast while he was unable to tend to the matter himself. There were others in the stable that would do other things as well, considering Niomi had her own duties to tend to, but there'd be a friendly and familiar face for his friend to see as often as possible, and that's what mattered.

But finally he had to close the tome for a moment and rub his eyes, pinch the bridge of his nose, because it was all kind of s tarting to blur together. Part of it had come up due to being unable to look over a simple patch of dry hide on his dragon's hide, and that was something he simply couldn't overlook again. Nako hadn't told him about it, and it was something he should have noticed but failed to recognize. He knew about it now, but what about other things, outside of what they were learning about in the first aid classes? Perhaps, he thought, this was all something he wasn't meant to learn just yet.
Tyriani
Title: Character Hoarder
Pronouns: She/Her

Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:15 am

Lia, I itch. Can you oil me in the common room? Lia looked up from her own tome and she smiled at the zultanite. Of course love. Let me grab the supplies and I will meet you out there. Skryth needed no other permission to leave her bed and head to the common room, but the zultanite soon stopped, and it was so sudden that Lia almost bumped into her with all of the oiling supplies. What? There is someone out here, and he looked frustrated. Lia peaked around the corner. She recognized him as being someone who just impressed as well, but she didn't recall his name.

You suck with names Lia. Well, I also hadn't been here long before I found you. Skryth started to try to think of something to say, but they heard the man say something then. Come on. Lia walked into the common room with her supplies and she offered a small smile to the man, who seemed deep in thought now. "Does what for a living?" She absentmindedly asked aloud to him before she caught what she did. "Oh sorry, I didn't think before asking that. You don't need to answer if you don't want."

Skryth though, was getting itchier. Lia, oil me now. I itch! Lia put her attention back to the dragon and she nodded. Sorry love. She put down her supplies on the floor and sat beside the dragon. She looked back to the man though and she smiled as she oiled Skryth, it seeming to be of second nature to her already. "I don't mean to intrude, Skryth loves getting oiled out here. I am Liakkaya." She looked at Skryth once before moving to the next spot that needed extra oil.
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:22 am

It hadn't hit him that someone else had heard him, or even that he would have been heard, until the other individual spoke. Even then it didn't quite hit Cat that he was being addressed until Nako gently nosed him mentally to inform him that one of his hatchmates was being a bit of a thorn in her rider's side, and perhaps he should offer to help. You're good with animals, C'taren. You should give a hand or two. That's how its put, isn't it?

The man was humored by his dragon, even though he was somewhat close to how it went. Regardless, there wasn't time to consider it or respond to the young blue. He didn't want to be rude to his own classmate, especially when she had her hands full with a dragon that quite clearly was trying to get her attention in the common room. She was going to need help cleaning up after, and he was too kind not to help - he could do that after, and maybe in return, someone might be able to help him with his work. "C'taren, of blue Nakotomith."

He wasn't familiar with her, but then again, he wasn't familiar with very many of the people in his weyrling group. He supposed that came with having Impressed from the stands. This was a chance to change that, he supposed. "The murmuring earlier, I apologize... I'm trying to figure out some things about dragons and dragonhealing in general. All of this is pretty new to me." He watched what she was doing and, recalling his dragon's words to "lend a hand or two", he did so. "Need any assistance there with her?"