Still Settling - OPEN

Like much of the new Weyr, this is a building built in the Weyr Yard. It is a moderately sized building capable of housing up to 48 candidates of each gender at one time. Dragon candidates, Day wher candidates, and even Watch-wher candidates all are housed in this building.
Shaihulud
Pronouns: She/Her They/Them

Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:50 pm

Tell K'rios what?

The dragon's response of deception was not at all expected by Angela. Startled by Iktomith's deviousness, Angela turned up to K'rios, wide-eyed with shocking disbelief. Did he know? As silver eyes danced over the features of the pewter's face for any indication of suspicion on his behalf, the pewter himself continued.

He only wishes to be helpful, to answer your question, and as to the other, I have not a clue about it, though I can take a look.

Though relieved by Iktomith's assurance, she wondered what he meant by "taking a look". It was only when he returned to her mind that Angela realised what the dragon had done.

As far as I can tell, he hasn't spoken to anyone named Solai about you, but he might not be thinking about it actively right now. So if he has, I do apologize for not seeing it. Like I said before, he just wants to help because that's how he is - helpful. He wants ot make sure you're not well... upset over anything, I suppose? That you're fitting in just fine. That if there's anything you need, he knows whether or not he can help take care of it.

He had. He had actually rummaged through his rider's thoughts, likely leaving K'rios nonethewiser. Thank you... but... are you actually allowed to do that? Go through your rider's thoughts like that? To be fair, Angela knew several dragons she would never have put it passed, like her mother's dragon, Tsunath. Even as a child, Angela was well aware of how the temperamental gold liked to interfere with her rider. And then a second question dawned on her. He doesn't actually like my sister... does he? Mating flights were mating flights, but Angela was also old enough to know sometimes one thing led to another.

Image x7 - counted
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:46 pm

Thank you... but... are you actually allowed to do that? Go through your rider's thoughts like that?

The pewter rumbled in response, finding her question somewhat humorous. She obviously didn't know him too well, or how he could be then. K'rios knew, but the girl didn't. He could have let her linger and been a little shit about it, allowed her to simmer and continue to question whether or not something was wrong with him. But the dragon decided he would be rather nice, and answered her with a little draconic-version of a chuckle. My rider will tell you that I do what I wish to at times. If it helps a situation, then I'll rustle through his mind to get to the bottom of a situation. In this case, it's helping you out. He would understand, even if he might not agree with my methods.

He doesn't actually like my sister... does he?

My rider does not have a mate. He likes having fun, as he puts it. But it is possible. He was quiet for a moment as he studied her, but he didn't delve into her mind. It wasn't his place to go, and he didn't have permission to push into a place where he didn't belong. You don't actually like my rider... do you?

Dirce L'van D'kellen D'ante V'ric Na'vi K'rios J'on
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Fali'vas Koda'vis Melangell Cataren Sianca Feraliss Yaranavexa Rathiran
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Compendium | NPC Archive | Wanted Connections | Marks Tracker | Emporium

[ Threads Wanted ]

“It's better to write something, anything, than to starve the monster. The monster must feed. And it will feed on your soul if not your words. Its appetite is insatiable. Write to save yourself from the monster.”
― Don Roff ―
Shaihulud
Pronouns: She/Her They/Them

Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:17 pm

My rider will tell you that I do what I wish to at times. If it helps a situation, then I'll rustle through his mind to get to the bottom of a situation. In this case, it's helping you out. He would understand, even if he might not agree with my methods.

So he would not have approved. That was a resounding "no" if Angela ever heard it. While happy to know the man was willing to be of help regardless of her... feelings... Angela did not like the fact his dragon was so willing to pry. Some might consider it an affront, but Angela knew better than to go so far. A bond between rider and dragon was sacred. Stealing a peek into a rider's thoughts was hardly violating. Intrusive, yes, but never in violation.

My rider does not have a mate. He likes having fun, as he puts it. But it is possible.

So... no? Angela began to mull over the possibility of "yes", wondering exactly that it would be if it was true... but only for as long as a breath before Iktomith posed a question to her in turn.

You don't actually like my rider... do you?

Angela back from K'rios in a startle, causing her hybrids to protest at the retreat. You do NOT get to ask me that, Iktomith! she thought forcefully back to the devious dragon. It was not a thing for either of them to know, rider or dragon. But it was not K'rios who asked through his dragon, was it? Did he know Iktomith dared to ask such things? Or did he remain utterly ignorant of his dragon's interference? "I should go." She would have stumbled with her words had she said more. Why did this have to happen? Was it so bad that she merely wanted to take time from people?

Why did life always have to be so complicated?

"Sorry, it's not you." It was him, but not at all in the way he thought. "I just..." and once more words failed her. She left the pewterrider hanging as she attempted to collect herself and articulate the things she thought might ease the man's mind without violating her own confidence.