68th Dragon Clutch Touching

A large natural cavern found by the initial expedition. It has been cleared out and filled with sand. Naturally flowing hotspring pools inside the cavern keeps this cavern warm enough for dragon eggs, but also makes it very humid with all the steam from the hotspring waters.
Blackbird

Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:06 pm

Ahlanour smiled softly as he felt the presence within the egg. However, for a moment after his hand rested upon the shell, it seemed to pull away. So he kept up the softly murmured words, all kind and polite, feeling the presence inside seem to draw nearer and nearer with each word.

Finally, it seemed to warm up to him enough to speak to him, speaking to him kindly as well. And so for a time, he rested there, speaking with the presence inside of the Egg. It was only a while later when he realized he might be hogging this egg, and so he said his farewells, and stood, careful not to press on the egg as he did so.

Looking around, his gaze landed on the Sea Glass Egg. He approached it, kneeling carefully at its side, before reaching out to press his palm against it. He was quick to begin to speak, admiring the markings on the shell. "My, don't you have a beautiful egg. It would be quite a challenge to try and craft. Would you much mind if I tried my hand at it? I could give it to you at the Hatching."

Ahlanour's Touching Guide
ImageThe Snake Tracks Egg ImageThe Lavender Fields Egg ImageThe Mossy Hill Egg ImageThe Spilled Ink Egg

ImageThe Summer Beach Egg ImageThe Spring Has Sprung Egg ImageThe Languid Ocean Egg ImageThe Summer Wind Egg

ImageThe Through The Leaves Egg ImageThe Pastel Confetti Egg ImageThe Dancing Trails Egg ImageThe Mud Bath Egg

ImageThe Rusted Iron Egg ImageThe Cracked Clouds Egg ImageThe Pastel Tranquility Egg ImageThe Forest River Egg

ImageThe Blood Spots Egg ImageThe Sea Glass EggImageThe Red Sandstorm Egg ImageThe Tiny Pebbles Egg
Caryatid

Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:39 pm

Image - The Snake Tracks Egg to Sunaia

"Hello... I would say little one but you aren't, are you? The largest in the clutch and everyone wanting to meet you. I wonder if it's tiring for all of you to go from growing and dreaming, to candidates scattered all across the sands introducing themselves."

A close eye seems to search you inside and out if you allow them to. For all they are curious, they aren't so nosy as to not give you your privacy if you choose to not allow them to study you. "No, I suppose I am not small considering all the others reactions. To be sure, I cannot compare myself to my siblings just yet, but of course, size is not everything." They seem to take a moment to think. "No, I would not say that it is tiring. More exciting, honestly. When all you do is grow and dream it is refreshing to have a moment to get to meet others. After all, it isn't as if we can speak to each other at the moment."
Sunaia held herself very still under the scrutiny of the creature inside of the egg. Utterly still and utterly exposed, choosing to hide nothing under that inspection-- the good and the bad all right there on display. That was what one should do, wasn't it? To give the hatchlings the chance to meet and assess and thereby have a better chance of finding their best match? So, though it was a little uncomfortable to have all of her awkward defenses set aside, still she tried to allow it.

Certainly, her matching study was an approving thing. The dragon inside seemed thoughtful and she appreciated that. "That's true enough. Something different, and new. I'd always wondered if you all talked to each other here, while you waited, but... I'm glad you're having this chance too. It's going to be wonderful to finally meet you all, and for you to finally have all of the room and conversation you can stand once you're hatched. Thank you for answering."

As with the others, she left that egg with a final gentle touch to punctuate her gratitude. "Growing and dreaming is best when you can do as well," she realized.

It was a resonant thought and one she carried with her-- turning over its implications for herself-- as she moved to the next egg.

The soft mottled pattern of the Rusted Iron egg drew her in. It seemed natural to let wordless impulse steer her to her next choice and so she let that current carry her to the egg's side, where she pressed her hand against its shell. "Hello, pretty one. Are you a dreamer or a doer?"
Sunaia's Clutch Guide
The Snake Tracks Egg
The Lavender Fields Egg
The Mossy Hill
The Spilled Ink Egg
The Summer Beach Egg
The Spring Has Sprung Egg
The Languid Ocean Egg
The Summer Wind Egg
The Through The Leaves Egg
The Pastel Confetti Egg
The Dancing Trails Egg
The Mud Bath Egg
The Rusted Iron Egg
The Cracked Clouds Egg
The Pastel Tranquility Egg
The Forest River Egg
The Blood Spots Egg
The Sea Glass Egg
The Red Sandstorm Egg
The Tiny Pebbles Egg
Ainokesshou

Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:57 am

Isilsk wrote:Image - The Blood Spots Egg to Aranrod

"I bet it's pretty deceptive, how violent your shell looks," she murmured. "Everyone else who has touched you has seemed happy enough afterward. You're really nice and friendly, aren't you? There's always blood at births, though, isn't there?"

You have them curious. "Violent? My shell looks violent? Well, that is something isn't it. Yes, I assure you that whatever my shell may look like, I am not violent. I wouldn't say that I'm boring, either though, but there is a big difference between being exciting and being violent. I like to think that I am nice and friendly. I at least try to be. Don't you worry, if I have my way then all there will be at my birth is joy and happiness."
Aranrod smiled at the friendly egg. Such a pleasant personality, and Aranrod was sure it would choose someone just as nice. There were plenty of nice people among the candidates, maybe even some on the boys' side no matter how much easier Aranrod considered it to trust other girls. Honestly, she could run through a list in her head of girls that were nice enough for the egg. She just wasn't certain that she was on that list. Still, she was smiling as she walked away from The Blood Spots Egg. She had no doubt that someone likeable would end up with that dragon.

She looked among the eggs she hadn't touched yet. She probably SHOULD gravitate toward that blue one, as a harper, but The Through The Leaves Egg looked sort of like if someone had turned the inkspots on The Spilled Ink Egg green. She knew there was no reason to expect a similar personality because she could see similarities in the eggs, but it wasn't like she had any other kind of information to go on.

The touched the spots that looked like either splotchy leaves or green inkblots, and smiled at the shell. "I know that you probably just want OUT at this point," she told it. "I don't think it's going to be TOO much longer, just a few days, I hope." Even if she got left behind again, Aranrod would try to feel happy not only for the lucky new weyrlings, but for the hatchlings that finally got to spread their wings.
ImageThe Snake Tracks Egg ImageThe Lavender Fields Egg ImageThe Mossy Hill Egg ImageThe Spilled Ink Egg

ImageThe Summer Beach Egg Image The Spring Has Sprung Egg ImageThe Languid Ocean Egg ImageThe Summer Wind Egg

ImageThe Through The Leaves Egg ImageThe Pastel Confetti Egg ImageThe Dancing Trails Egg ImageThe Mud Bath Egg

ImageThe Rusted Iron Egg ImageThe Cracked Clouds Egg ImageThe Pastel Tranquility Egg ImageThe Forest River Egg

ImageThe Blood Spots EggImageThe Sea Glass Egg ImageThe Red Sandstorm Egg ImageThe Tiny Pebbles Egg

Isilsk wrote: Image - The Red Sandstorm Egg to Varren

"Are you going to be a small dragon, a blue or a green?" he asked it. "You have one of the smaller eggs, so I sort of think you will be a small color. I love my sister's garnet, but I've always thought having a small dragon would be better for me. I'm probably not assertive enough to Impress a bronze, after all."

An amused chuckle can be felt vibrating from the bright shell of this smaller egg. "Am I now? Well, I shall have to make up for my small stature with a big personality won't I?" There was no offense taken. "Buck up, young man. Perhaps you're not assertive now, but that does not mean you are doomed never to be. You can do anything if you put your mind to it. Besides, I believe it is up to us whether or not we decide if you are enough of anything for our liking."
The egg felt more confident in Varren than he was in himself, and it was a good feeling. He usually only felt that certainty when dealing with his plants, and he had definitely never felt that secure while on the Hatching Sands before. He was smiling as he walked away from The Red Sandstorm Egg, and the smile was still on his face when he made it to The Forest River Egg. "Hello," he said, "I've liked meeting most of your siblings. I wonder if you've all liked meeting us?"

ImageThe Summer Beach Egg ImageThe Spring Has Sprung Egg ImageThe Languid Ocean Egg ImageThe Summer Wind Egg

ImageThe Blood Spots Egg ImageThe Sea Glass EggImageThe Red Sandstorm EggImageThe Tiny Pebbles Egg
Quiloth     Elahrairath     Nahumth      
ImageImageImage
Zenith         Ramlahvas
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
   Atumra       Panlovis     Galask  Gask