68th Dragon Clutch Touching

A large natural cavern found by the initial expedition. It has been cleared out and filled with sand. Naturally flowing hotspring pools inside the cavern keeps this cavern warm enough for dragon eggs, but also makes it very humid with all the steam from the hotspring waters.
User avatar
Caryatid
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:04 am
Age: 41

Sun May 27, 2018 3:59 am

Image
Image

Bounding energy and excitement meets you before your hand even gets on the shell. Then, the general feeling genuine happiness wraps around you like a warm blanket. "Well, thank you. I am very excited to actually see the world." After that a small twinge of concern comes from the egg. "Please forgive me if my energy came on a little too strong. I'm just so excited to see all of you."
It was something else to be able to feel the life in the egg before even making contact. Sunaia almost snatched her hand back and then felt very silly indeed. She stole a quick glance over her shoulder, stricken again with the concern that someone had seen her behave so. No? A small relief but between that and the rush of happiness and concern from the egg, she couldn't help but smile as she looked at it again. "You did, a little, but it's alright. Understandable under the circumstances. We're every bit as excited, I can promise you that." And it was true-- for all of her fear of the future, the failure it might bring, she was excited too.

"How could we not be, to be allowed this opportunity to meet you and the others?" A rhetorical question; Sunaia's petting of the egg ended as she stood and brushed hot sand from the knees of her skirt. There were others to meet.

There had been something in the expressions of those who'd touched the Snake Tracks Egg which brought her path around. It was intimidatingly large and attention drawing, that one. She, who'd grown to eschew attention after receiving so much of the negative sort in past Turns, hesitated to approach lest she draw the same speculative looks by sheer proximity. But the way others interacted with the egg acted like curiousity upon her and finally Sunaia reached out to shape her hand against its shell.

Respectfully and ever so carefully. So far she'd been shocked and struck with two waves of happiness. If all things balanced, she was due another shock. "Hello... I would say little one but you aren't, are you? The largest in the clutch and everyone wanting to meet you. I wonder if it's tiring for all of you to go from growing and dreaming, to candidates scattered all across the sands introducing themselves."
Sunaia's Clutch Guide
The Snake Tracks Egg
The Lavender Fields Egg
The Mossy Hill
The Spilled Ink Egg
The Summer Beach Egg
The Spring Has Sprung Egg
The Languid Ocean Egg
The Summer Wind Egg
The Through The Leaves Egg
The Pastel Confetti Egg
The Dancing Trails Egg
The Mud Bath Egg
The Rusted Iron Egg
The Cracked Clouds Egg
The Pastel Tranquility Egg
The Forest River Egg
The Blood Spots Egg
The Sea Glass Egg
The Red Sandstorm Egg
The Tiny Pebbles Egg
User avatar
Slasher
Posts: 454
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:01 pm
Age: 31

Sun May 27, 2018 8:37 pm

Image
Isilsk wrote:Image - The Red Sand Storm Egg to Niomi

"Hello, there. Do you mind if I touch you? My name is Niomi. I wonder what your's is..."

Immediately you feel as if the egg is trying to tell you where exactly they would like your hand to be. "If I minded you touching my shell, you would know. Trust me. That is a pretty name." The whole time you are touching them you feel a very deep scrutiny of...well...all of you. "You'll just have to wait and found out that little bit of information. But now perhaps you should run along and meet my other siblings."
The Red Sand Storm Egg was certainly a bit more brusque than the other eggs, and it caught Niomi a bit off guard. It was the briefest encounter with an egg so far, and while the shell encouraged her to move along, it wasn't with a feeling of negativity that she got that message, ”I look forward to seeing you either way, thank you.” Stepping away from it, she considered the shell for a few more moments, then turned. A quick glance around the Sands, and she weaved her way around other Candidate's and eggs until finally stopping beside the The Pastel Tranquility Egg.

Standing beside it for several long moments, she finally reached for the edge of the shell, ”Hello there...Your shell is quite striking. I wonder if you match it...” She did wonder such things. Did the shell offer any indication towards what was inside? She found she was oddly curious about that fact. Considering some of the markings some of the dragons had here at Atricis, one never knew what might be born there.
Niomi's Egg Tracker
Untouched | Touching | Touched
ImageThe Snake Tracks Egg ImageThe Lavender Fields Egg ImageThe Mossy Hill Egg ImageThe Spilled Ink Egg

ImageThe Summer Beach Egg ImageThe Spring Has Sprung Egg ImageThe Languid Ocean Egg ImageThe Summer Wind Egg

ImageThe Through The Leaves Egg ImageThe Pastel Confetti Egg ImageThe Dancing Trails Egg ImageThe Mud Bath Egg

ImageThe Rusted Iron Egg ImageThe Cracked Clouds Egg ImageThe Pastel Tranquility Egg ImageThe Forest River Egg

ImageThe Blood Spots EggImageThe Sea Glass Egg ImageThe Red Sandstorm EggImageThe Tiny Pebbles Egg
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
~:Stories:~ ~:Monies:~ ~:Plotter:~
User avatar
LdyPayne
Posts: 607
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:18 am

Wed May 30, 2018 10:44 pm

Image
Egg Touching, it was a concept that confused Zilelmos to no end. It was true he had only joined in with the current Candidate group within the last couple weeks and had to work hard to catch up on the basics he would need to know but none of it made him feel any of the excitement other Candidates had. He heard the talk the moment the event was announced and still couldn't see what the excitement was. They were eggs, what did they expect to gain by touching them?

When the day came he hung back, letting the excited and eager Candidates rush forward to touch the eggs. He never had a chance to see them laid so this would be the first chance he ever saw a dragon egg. That by itself did make showing up for this worth while. Looking at them now, carefully watched over by the gold dragon and sire Zilelmos thought they looked smaller than he expected. Some did have some interesting patterns well worth taking a closer look at but other than that, he was just as fine just looking without touching.

Eventually he decided to approach, since all the other Candidates had already gone ahead and were moving among the eggs, pausing and touching a few here and there. Exhaling he gave a shrug and stepped forward. He gave a navel salute to the gold and sire but didn't say anything. He wasn't used to the idea of talking to dragons and none talked to him directly. After a moment's consideration he added a bow to his salute, just in case the dragons had no idea how sailors saluted their superiors.

Once he felt he was free to do so, Zilelmos moved towards the eggs and walked among them, pausing to look at one here and there but he didn't touch any. It wasn't till he came up to the Languid Ocean Egg that he paused. It reminded him of the ocean on a calm day and it was enough to draw him in to examine it closely. At some point he touched it, finding the shell hard and warm to the touch, much as he would any sun warmed rock. It was smoother however and unlike a rock it contained a living creature inside. A creature that was intelligent and would form a special bond with a human once hatched. Zilelmos had no idea what it would be like to merge his mind with such a creature but he was curious.
Last edited by LdyPayne on Thu May 31, 2018 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Ember
Moderator
Posts: 1290
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:50 am
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them
Age: 35

Thu May 31, 2018 12:24 am

Image
Mentioned: Daela
Image - The Snake Tracks Egg to Varric

"I bet you're simply something small and ordinary. Just wrapped in pretty foil to fool the masses."

Indignation is the first feeling you get from this egg. Then, strict silence and a bit of judgmental eyeing you over a few times. "Exactly who are you calling small and ordinary? I could say that you're basic and boring, but that is rude. Are you always so rude to people? And I'll have you know that I do not fool the masses. Exactly how could I, who is trapped in here, do anything at all to fool someone?" Obviously you have hit a button.
Vare couldn't help but grin. Obviously, the feelings he was receiving from the egg had struck some kind of a chord from it. He could only picture the possible words he was receiving from the creature inside. "You can't talk to me, I know that. The only one you'll be able to speak to is the one that is yours. But I can almost imagine what you would be saying to me if you could. It would be amusing, I think. Almost too much so. I don't mean to be rude, I promise. I just think you need to settle down. You'll be amazing, little one... or maybe you're not so little after all. We shall see, won't we?" He gave the egg a final stroke. "Regardless, they're going to have their hands full with you, I think." And he was hopeful that it wouldn't be him that would be stuck with the creature inside!

Standing, he looked around, his eyes once again catching on Daela, and because he couldn't help himself, he winked in her direction and nodded down at the egg he was standing at. "Interesting thing, Dancer." He mouthed towards it, before stepping away from it, and moving off in another direction. He wasn't sure where he would go next, but he decided he wanted to try one egg out that seemed a little lonely, though then again, he hadn't been paying attention to all of them at once - either Daela, or one or two shells in particular, had managed to keep his attention captured so far. "Hello there," He said to the Pastel Confetti Egg. "My name is Varric, and I'm awfully pleased to visit with you for a little while."
Varric's Clutch Guide
Untouched Egg | Egg Being Touched | Touched Egg

ImageThe Snake Tracks Egg ImageThe Lavender Fields Egg ImageThe Mossy Hill Egg ImageThe Spilled Ink Egg

ImageThe Summer Beach Egg ImageThe Spring Has Sprung Egg ImageThe Languid Ocean Egg ImageThe Summer Wind Egg

ImageThe Through The Leaves Egg ImageThe Pastel Confetti Egg ImageThe Dancing Trails Egg ImageThe Mud Bath Egg

ImageThe Rusted Iron Egg ImageThe Cracked Clouds Egg ImageThe Pastel Tranquility Egg ImageThe Forest River Egg

ImageThe Blood Spots Egg ImageThe Sea Glass Egg ImageThe Red Sandstorm Egg ImageThe Tiny Pebbles Egg
Dirce L'van D'kellen D'ante V'ric Na'vi K'rios J'on
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Fali'vas Koda'vis Melangell Cataren Sianca Feraliss Yaranavexa Rathiran
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Compendium | NPC Archive | Wanted Connections | Marks Tracker | Emporium


[ Threads Wanted ]

“It's better to write something, anything, than to starve the monster. The monster must feed. And it will feed on your soul if not your words. Its appetite is insatiable. Write to save yourself from the monster.”
― Don Roff ―
User avatar
Ainokesshou
Posts: 463
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:38 pm
Age: 39

Thu May 31, 2018 3:27 pm

Isilsk wrote: Image - The Spilled Ink Egg to Aranrod

"One thing I have learned from your siblings is that the wait is worse for you than it is for us. I hadn't realized that before. I wish that we could come here every day so that at least you wouldn't all feel lonely in your shells, though I imagine that your mother does a good job of keeping you company. We are all waiting and preparing for you, we wish you could come out of your shells today, too."

You feel the egg is instantly interested in you. "Aren't you a talker?" You feel amusement. "I think it would be wonderful if you could come every day until I am free of this shell. It is bad, but...I mean...what can we do? It is a necessary boredom. Yes, she is wonderful." There is respect and adoration in their "voice". "We will come when it is the perfect time. Don't you worry. Until then....boredom it is."
Aranrod was delighted at the sense of interest and amusement she got from the egg, but also....torn. Part of her really wanted to stay with this egg, and so she definitely spent longer with it, enjoying the feelings she got from it. "I hope you get the BEST candidate," she whispered. "I bet you'll get up to all sort of great adventures to tell stories about." She imagined for a moment that was why the inkstains on the egg; that harpers were going to write about this dragon and its rider. Or maybe the rider would, and even though she was trying not to get her hopes up, she thought this egg might like a harper for a rider.

Well, Aranrod wasn't the only candidate who was a harper. And she still hadn't touched several of the eggs. She walked away reluctantly, but her fingertips stayed in contact with the egg as long as possible even as she moved toward The Blood Spots Egg. It was one of the larger ones, but she was more drawn to the dramatic markings. It looked like the scene of a vicious fight, but the people who had already touched it certainly didn't seem more agitated afterward. In fact, she thought some of them seemed calmer.

"I bet it's pretty deceptive, how violent your shell looks," she murmured. "Everyone else who has touched you has seemed happy enough afterward. You're really nice and friendly, aren't you?" She was still amused by the bright red spots on the shell, so intense and bold. She certainly hoped that the red on this and that smaller egg was the closest thing to blood they saw at this Hatching. She traced in the white spots between the spattered blood appearance. "There's always blood at births, though, isn't there?"
ImageThe Snake Tracks Egg ImageThe Lavender Fields Egg ImageThe Mossy Hill Egg ImageThe Spilled Ink Egg

ImageThe Summer Beach Egg Image The Spring Has Sprung Egg ImageThe Languid Ocean Egg ImageThe Summer Wind Egg

ImageThe Through The Leaves Egg ImageThe Pastel Confetti Egg ImageThe Dancing Trails Egg ImageThe Mud Bath Egg

ImageThe Rusted Iron Egg ImageThe Cracked Clouds Egg ImageThe Pastel Tranquility Egg ImageThe Forest River Egg

ImageThe Blood Spots EggImageThe Sea Glass Egg ImageThe Red Sandstorm Egg ImageThe Tiny Pebbles Egg

Isilsk wrote:Image - The Rusted Iron Egg to Varren

"I really think these touchings are more for your benefit than ours. You can get to know those of us out here, maybe pick the person you want before you even break out of your shell. I just wish you could tell us what you're looking for."

You sense a long 'hmmmm' from the shell before anything else. "Perhaps, but I would believe they benefit you as well. Perhaps you don't get to know us very well, but knowing a little something is better than nothing." They pointed out. "I do see what you mean, however, allow me to try and explain. What little 'feeling' you get from us is the same we get from you. It's like someone telling you're going to get a gift and you get to have a sneak peek, however, that sneak peek is hidden under a blanket. You can guess what it is, but it's hard to know exactly."
The Rusted Iron Egg felt cool, calm, almost detached to Varren, and he really appreciated that. It was the mindset that he always tried to get into when he was doing the calculations about how well a plant was growing, or how much effect the numbweed from one line had compared to another. Even though the end result could hopefully matter a great deal, he needed to not get excited or emotional.

The rest of his life, he needed to find a balance between that calm, peaceful distance and the messy way he felt when he cared about someone or felt needed. At least he hadn't felt like any of the other candidates needed anything from him...outside the brief trip with Laikanu to the infirmary a few months ago. None of them had needed protection, or comfort. The only people here at New Atricis who distracted him from his candidacy at all were his siblings, niece, and nephew, and everyone had family. Or, almost everyone.

He looked at The Red Sandstorm Egg, reminding himself that the eggshells didn't mean anything about the dragonet's personality. The red shell didn't mean the dragon inside was aggressive, and once he was sure he believed that, he put his hand on the shell. "Are you going to be a small dragon, a blue or a green?" he asked it. "You have one of the smaller eggs, so I sort of think you will be a small color. I love my sister's garnet, but I've always thought having a small dragon would be better for me. I'm probably not assertive enough to Impress a bronze, after all." He could be brave when he needed to be, but then he'd better not hear anyone saying that the smaller dragons didn't need or have as much courage as the larger ones. They all shared the risk of Threadfall, after all.
ImageThe Snake Tracks Egg ImageThe Lavender Fields Egg ImageThe Mossy Hill Egg ImageThe Spilled Ink Egg

ImageThe Summer Beach Egg ImageThe Spring Has Sprung Egg ImageThe Languid Ocean Egg ImageThe Summer Wind Egg

ImageThe Through The Leaves Egg ImageThe Pastel Confetti Egg ImageThe Dancing Trails Egg ImageThe Mud Bath Egg

ImageThe Rusted Iron Egg ImageThe Cracked Clouds Egg ImageThe Pastel Tranquility Egg ImageThe Forest River Egg

ImageThe Blood Spots Egg ImageThe Sea Glass EggImageThe Red Sandstorm EggImageThe Tiny Pebbles Egg
Quiloth     Elahrairath     Nahumth      
ImageImageImage
Zenith         Ramlahvas
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
   Atumra       Panlovis     Galask  Gask                      
Altreis
Posts: 792
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:41 pm

Thu May 31, 2018 9:05 pm

Image
Image - The Cracked Clouds Egg to Tynan

"Are you okay in there? Your shell looks um...I hope it stays together until you're ready to come out. I could get someone if you like?"

You feel a soft sigh from the shell you are now touching, as if they are tired of having to say what they are going to say next. "Thank you for the concern, but no, I am perfectly fine. I can assure you that. If you really are not sure that I am telling the truth...well...I hate to point out the obvious, but you are touching my shell. You can feel for yourself that whatever you are seeing are just markings.
The feeling Tyran was met with could best be described as exasperation mixed with appreciation, on some level. Like the dragonet inside the egg had already been fussed over too many times for its taste. Or maybe it should have been obvious to Tyran that despite all appearances the egg was perfectly fine. After all if it was cracked its mother was bound to have noticed by now. She certainly would not let candidates anywhere near a weakened egg!

"Of course," Tyran murmured, "my mistake. I'm sorry. In case I'm not the only one fooled by your shell I will see about spreading the word among the other candidates. Sorry again for the foolish assumption. I will leave you to have peace and quiet now. Hope you have a good day." His tone held touches of true regret mixed with concern. He really did hope the little one had a better day than it seemed to be having so far.

With that he slipped away, looking over the rest of the clutch. Not only did he want to make good on his promise to the dragonet but he had...quite a lot still to meet. He might not be able to touch them all before it was over. In fact he was fairly certain half the clutch would be more than he could hope for. But how was he supposed to choose?! He really wanted to meet them all! However the longer he stood around debating, the less time he had and the fewer eggs still that he would get to touch. At a whim, the shell catching his eye, Tyran moved on to the next egg. Maybe he couldn't meet them all but he would give it his best effort!

"Hello in there," he called softly as he approached the egg. Light fingers ran down the speckled side of the shell, Tyran taking a moment to simply admire it. "You have a beautiful shell...reminds me of clouds swirling about in the evening sky, once Rukbat has set. Granted a shell is just a shell...it is nothing compared to what it contains. And...I am rambling a little, sorry. Um, anything you want to try telling me?" As he finished speaking Tyran stilled his hand, letting the palm rest flat against The Lavender Fields Egg. Who knew? The contact with the shell might help the dragon inside communicate with him, or sense him.
Image Image Image Image Image Image
User avatar
Isilsk
Posts: 178
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:12 am

Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:33 pm

Image - The Snake Tracks Egg to Sunaia

"Hello... I would say little one but you aren't, are you? The largest in the clutch and everyone wanting to meet you. I wonder if it's tiring for all of you to go from growing and dreaming, to candidates scattered all across the sands introducing themselves."

A close eye seems to search you inside and out if you allow them to. For all they are curious, they aren't so nosy as to not give you your privacy if you choose to not allow them to study you. "No, I suppose I am not small considering all the others reactions. To be sure, I cannot compare myself to my siblings just yet, but of course, size is not everything." They seem to take a moment to think. "No, I would not say that it is tiring. More exciting, honestly. When all you do is grow and dream it is refreshing to have a moment to get to meet others. After all, it isn't as if we can speak to each other at the moment."
Image - The Pastel Tranquility Egg to Niomi

”Hello there...Your shell is quite striking. I wonder if you match it...”

You can feel the inhabitant of this shell almost swelling with pride at your words. If an egg could preen then this one most certainly would be doing just that. "Hello to you too! And thank you for such a lovely compliment. It saddens me almost that I will not get to see my lovely shell in one piece, but I am sure my hide will be far more striking anyways. Perhaps I will have to ask you which you thought was more striking when the time comes."
Image - The Languid Ocean Egg to Zilelmos

You feel a sense of wariness. Not fear, mind you, just a healthy sense of being cautious as you touch the warm, blue shell. After a few moments the caution that once could be felt is replaced by curiosity it would seem like. They seem to be warming up to you a little, or so you think. It is hard to really get a good feeling through the hard exterior, but there is no doubt that there is something very intelligent resting within this blue shell.
Image - The Pastel Confetti Egg to Varric

"My name is Varric, and I'm awfully pleased to visit with you for a little while."

Indifference. That is the feeling that you get from the soft colored shell. They aren't upset by your presence, but they're not exactly bouncing off the walls with excitement either. There is no sense of loneliness from them, though they are set aside a bit from the others. "You may stay as long as you wish. I'm not exactly the most interesting of company, but I'm not going to tell you to leave either."
Image - The Blood Spots Egg to Aranrod

"I bet it's pretty deceptive, how violent your shell looks," she murmured. "Everyone else who has touched you has seemed happy enough afterward. You're really nice and friendly, aren't you? There's always blood at births, though, isn't there?"

You have them curious. "Violent? My shell looks violent? Well, that is something isn't it. Yes, I assure you that whatever my shell may look like, I am not violent. I wouldn't say that I'm boring, either though, but there is a big difference between being exciting and being violent. I like to think that I am nice and friendly. I at least try to be. Don't you worry, if I have my way then all there will be at my birth is joy and happiness."
Image - The Red Sandstorm Egg to Varren

"Are you going to be a small dragon, a blue or a green?" he asked it. "You have one of the smaller eggs, so I sort of think you will be a small color. I love my sister's garnet, but I've always thought having a small dragon would be better for me. I'm probably not assertive enough to Impress a bronze, after all."

An amused chuckle can be felt vibrating from the bright shell of this smaller egg. "Am I now? Well, I shall have to make up for my small stature with a big personality won't I?" There was no offense taken. "Buck up, young man. Perhaps you're not assertive now, but that does not mean you are doomed never to be. You can do anything if you put your mind to it. Besides, I believe it is up to us whether or not we decide if you are enough of anything for our liking."
Image - The Lavender Fields Egg to Tyran

"You have a beautiful shell...reminds me of clouds swirling about in the evening sky, once Rukbat has set. Granted a shell is just a shell...it is nothing compared to what it contains. And...I am rambling a little, sorry. Um, anything you want to try telling me?"

A wave of gratitude washes over you as her palm rests gently on the soft, purple-hued shell. A feeling of warmth and contentment also envelopes you, almost as if you were lazily watching clouds swirl by in the evening. "It is alright. I do not mind the rambling or the listening. You seem like a poetic soul, though I could be wrong. It is just as hard for me to really know you as it is for you to know me. Soon enough, though, we will both being seeing things differently on these sands."
User avatar
LdyPayne
Posts: 607
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:18 am

Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:33 pm

Image
Image - The Languid Ocean Egg to Zilelmos

You feel a sense of wariness. Not fear, mind you, just a healthy sense of being cautious as you touch the warm, blue shell. After a few moments the caution that once could be felt is replaced by curiosity it would seem like. They seem to be warming up to you a little, or so you think. It is hard to really get a good feeling through the hard exterior, but there is no doubt that there is something very intelligent resting within this blue shell.
Zilelmos had expected to feel nothing except the surface of the egg and a sense of silliness on his part for doing this. Then he felt it...a wariness which wasn't his own. By the time he realized it was coming from the egg it was curiosity coming from it. Or maybe it was just home as Zilelmos certainly was curious now that he sensed something from the egg. Frowning Zilelmos tried to determine if somehow he was just imagining the egg was 'feeling' anything then gave his head a shake. He didn't have an imagination to make up emotions from what he initially felt was no more 'emotional' than a rock.

Grunting slightly he stepped back from the egg and looked at it for a few minutes. This whole egg touching experience was not at all what he expected it to be. He might have continued to stare at the egg if another Candidate hadn't approached to touch the egg. Zil gave another grunt and moved off, once more circling the eggs more in thought than interested in touching another. The other Candidates seemed to be enjoying touching the eggs but Zil wasn't sure of the practicality of doing it. It was a treat to see the eggs before Hatching Day and touching them resulted in something he hadn't expected.

Realizing he probably looked like an idiot standing around while everybody else was approaching and touching egg after egg, Zil approached a grainy tan egg which looked like the colour of a beach. Much like he did with his first egg, Zil approached The Summer Beach Egg and after a moment of looking at it he placed his hand upon the surface. Again it felt warm to the touch and the egg quite hard. He then stared at it, remembering how the emotions from the egg just came to him without being searched for. Though others around him were actually talking to the egg Zilelmos stayed silent.
User avatar
Slasher
Posts: 454
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:01 pm
Age: 31

Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:47 pm

Image
Isilsk wrote:Image - The Pastel Tranquility Egg to Niomi

”Hello there...Your shell is quite striking. I wonder if you match it...”

You can feel the inhabitant of this shell almost swelling with pride at your words. If an egg could preen then this one most certainly would be doing just that. "Hello to you too! And thank you for such a lovely compliment. It saddens me almost that I will not get to see my lovely shell in one piece, but I am sure my hide will be far more striking anyways. Perhaps I will have to ask you which you thought was more striking when the time comes."
Niomi couldn't help but smile a little at the feeling she received from the pale hued egg. It was sweet, how each egg held such it's own lovely personality, even if a couple might be a but sour. But she supposed she would be sour too, trapped for so long in such a small space. She had been trapped as a drudge for turns, and she could almost feel an accord with the eggs because of that feeling. She was never happier than when Cataren had taken her from the North. With a soft smile, she gave the Pastel egg a final caress, "I'll be more than glad to offer a comparison." Using that as taking her leave, she stepped back and glanced around for the next shell. Her eyes rested idley on the largest eggs, and she realized she had been subconsciously avoiding it. Even if it wasn't a gold(didn't the mother dragons protect Gold eggs in particular?), it was certainly the largest and closest look to a gold egg. And there was no hope for her to Impress such a regal creature, she knew it. But she should face those hesitations, right?

She approached the The Snake Tracks Egg, and stood there for several long seconds before mustering the boldness to reach for that sunny hued shell, "Hello...I hope you don't mind my touching you...You're the biggest egg here, did you know?" She let her fingers slide idley over the shell, noting the slight lines and swoops that almost looked like tunnelsnake tracks across golden sand. And of course the egg couldn't know it was the largest, but it was polite to make conversation, wasn't it?
Niomi's Egg Tracker
Untouched | Touching | Touched
ImageThe Snake Tracks Egg ImageThe Lavender Fields Egg ImageThe Mossy Hill Egg ImageThe Spilled Ink Egg

ImageThe Summer Beach Egg ImageThe Spring Has Sprung Egg ImageThe Languid Ocean Egg ImageThe Summer Wind Egg

ImageThe Through The Leaves Egg ImageThe Pastel Confetti Egg ImageThe Dancing Trails Egg ImageThe Mud Bath Egg

ImageThe Rusted Iron Egg ImageThe Cracked Clouds Egg ImageThe Pastel Tranquility Egg ImageThe Forest River Egg

ImageThe Blood Spots EggImageThe Sea Glass Egg ImageThe Red Sandstorm EggImageThe Tiny Pebbles Egg
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
~:Stories:~ ~:Monies:~ ~:Plotter:~
Altreis
Posts: 792
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:41 pm

Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:56 pm

Image
Image - The Lavender Fields Egg to Tyran

"You have a beautiful shell...reminds me of clouds swirling about in the evening sky, once Rukbat has set. Granted a shell is just a shell...it is nothing compared to what it contains. And...I am rambling a little, sorry. Um, anything you want to try telling me?"

A wave of gratitude washes over you as her palm rests gently on the soft, purple-hued shell. A feeling of warmth and contentment also envelopes you, almost as if you were lazily watching clouds swirl by in the evening. "It is alright. I do not mind the rambling or the listening. You seem like a poetic soul, though I could be wrong. It is just as hard for me to really know you as it is for you to know me. Soon enough, though, we will both being seeing things differently on these sands."
Oooohhhhh, Tyran definitely liked the egg he was currently visiting. The warm feeling he got from it, mixed a bit of...well some would call it laziness but he rather felt it was contentment, relaxation. Tyran was all for chilling, especially after work. Breaks, meals, the evening...all good times to relax. He was not lazy, would never think of himself that way. When he was on the candle he worked diligently. However if he worked hard he was able to relax all the harder. To him that was a good thing, kept him sharp and fresh so he could work hard when needed. A dragon that could relate? That was awesome!

Tyran grinned: a wide, goofy grin. "Easygoing are you? Same here. Whoever you pick as a rider, they'll have a great time relaxing with you at the end of a long day, I've no doubt. Or even talking...you feel like a good listener. However I don't want to stop the other candidates from meeting you and I need to meet more of your siblings...so for now I wish you a good day. Looking forward to seeing you at the Hatching!"

Which of course brought up the inevitable question: which one next? Two down left eighteen to go and they were probably all really cool. Hm...maybe one with a duller shell. Might be easier to miss them and they deserved some attention too!

"Hellooo," Tyran began yet again, smiling at The Mud Bath Egg even though there was no way its occupant could see him. "Great day isn't it? Not as great as your Hatching will be I'm sure, but still great enough. Getting to meet candidates, and we get to talk to you a bit. Can't wait to meet face-to-face when the big day comes!"
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Post Reply