68th Dragon Clutch Touching

A large natural cavern found by the initial expedition. It has been cleared out and filled with sand. Naturally flowing hotspring pools inside the cavern keeps this cavern warm enough for dragon eggs, but also makes it very humid with all the steam from the hotspring waters.
Slasher

Thu May 17, 2018 4:12 am

Isilsk wrote: Image - The Lavender Fields Egg to Niomi

"Hello there.Your shell is pretty, like a soft cloudy day. I'm sure you're even prettier though."

There is most certainly a presence to this egg that is almost courtly. Before you even touch it you feel a proper and polite greeting wrap around you like a shawl. "Thank you, that is very kind of you to say. I would return the compliment, but this shell is only cozy and not a good window to look through." The egg is silent a moment, but you can tell they are scrutinizing you. "You seem to be a very sweet soul."
After the initial surprise of the first egg, she had a slightly better understanding of the feeling she would expect as the next egg reacted to her touch and words. Though granted, it was not entirely the same either. The eggs(or rather, the dragonets within) definitely had their own personalities already. But wasn't that a bit of the point? For the dragons and the candidate's to get a better feel for each other ahead of time? So when the egg offered its own presence, the young woman didn't jump like she did before, she merely accepted the feelings and non-words. "My, but you're regal..." She let her fingers slide a little across the shell, "Oh...um, thank you. I think. I suppose sweet is one of the nicer things anyone has called me." She sat quietly with the shell for several more long seconds, before silently, yet politely taking her farewell of it.

Stepping back, she glanced up, and immediately disregarded any egg that someone else was currently touching. Moving over next to one of the smaller ones, the The Red Sandstorm Egg, she admired the cloudy red swirls of it, "Hello, there. Do you mind if I touch you?" She didn't really know if or how she was expecting a response. The whole point of this was to touch them, wasn't it? So her fingers moved oh-so-softly, brushing against the curve of the shell, "My name is Niomi. I wonder what your's is..." It was obvious from her tone(and thoughts) that she definitely did not expect the dragonet to share it's name with her, but she did find that she was curious. Curious about all the eggs, really. So far, the touching had gone a long way to alleviate many of her jitters.
Niomi's Egg Tracker
Untouched | Touching | Touched
ImageThe Snake Tracks Egg ImageThe Lavender Fields Egg ImageThe Mossy Hill Egg ImageThe Spilled Ink Egg

ImageThe Summer Beach Egg ImageThe Spring Has Sprung Egg ImageThe Languid Ocean Egg ImageThe Summer Wind Egg

ImageThe Through The Leaves Egg ImageThe Pastel Confetti Egg ImageThe Dancing Trails Egg ImageThe Mud Bath Egg

ImageThe Rusted Iron Egg ImageThe Cracked Clouds Egg ImageThe Pastel Tranquility Egg ImageThe Forest River Egg

ImageThe Blood Spots EggImageThe Sea Glass Egg ImageThe Red Sandstorm Egg ImageThe Tiny Pebbles Egg
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
~:Stories:~ ~:Monies:~ ~:Plotter:~
Caryatid

Thu May 17, 2018 7:07 pm

Image - The Through the Leaves Egg to Sunaia

"You look like autumn in the Telgari ranges."

A wave of happiness rushes through you upon first touch of this subdued colored egg. "I can't say that I know where that is, but if that is the case I will have to go see it some time." You can tell the inhabitant is rather pleased with the idea that something out there is similar to them. "How are you doing? It's not often I get a lovely person wanting to spend time with me." They asks curiously.
Sunaia had had a dragon's voice in her head more than once, but to have its feelings affecting her own heart was a new enterprise. That this one came with a swell of delight instead of a shock was all the more welcome-- a novelty which led the young woman to let slip a little burst of laughter. She was quick to catch the sound behind her hand, trapping it, but the light of that shared and doubled note of happiness remained in her eyes. It was quite enough to help her forget the sting of past failures, enough to plant a tiny seed of hope that maybe this time things would be different.

She'd never interacted with such resonant eggs before, after all. And if that was different, perhaps the outcome would be different too.

So to the question she felt in her mind, she murmured, "I'm feeling hopeful, which is... rather nice. Hopeful that things might change for the better in the future. I came here half-dead and now I'm in amongst all of you, feeling what you feel. You're very kind." The compliment came with gentle stroking over the top of the egg. "There are so many lovely people on the sands who want to meet you right now. You're going to go from 'not often' to 'too many' in just a little while, I'll wager. And then you'll hatch and there'll be even more for you to meet. It's going to be a whirlwind but I suspect you'll meet it with enthusiasm."

Candidates were moving nearby and she glanced aside, marking the Blood Spots Egg and its proximity. The bright crimson against pale shell was eye-catching. She gave the autumn-shaded shell under her hand a last touch. "I should go say hello to more of your siblings but it was a pleasure to meet you. Someone even lovelier will be along soon."

It was a promise she felt confidence in. Smiling, Sunaia then took the few steps needed to carry her to Blood Spots. Up close its pattern was even more vivid and for one uneasy moment, reminded her of deep Telgari winter, her chest rattled by coughing, and herb-scented clothes being held to her mouth. The moment then passed but she was still tentative in reaching out to lay palm to shell. It was important to be positive for these infants andso she tried, making every effort to sound warm and unshaken as she whispered, "Welcome to the world, little one. Just a little longer and you'll be able to meet it all, as we want to meet you."
Sunaia's Clutch Guide
The Snake Tracks Egg
The Lavender Fields Egg
The Mossy Hill
The Spilled Ink Egg
The Summer Beach Egg
The Spring Has Sprung Egg
The Languid Ocean Egg
The Summer Wind Egg
The Through The Leaves Egg
The Pastel Confetti Egg
The Dancing Trails Egg
The Mud Bath Egg
The Rusted Iron Egg
The Cracked Clouds Egg
The Pastel Tranquility Egg
The Forest River Egg
The Blood Spots Egg
The Sea Glass Egg
The Red Sandstorm Egg
The Tiny Pebbles Egg
Lanni

Fri May 18, 2018 2:01 am

As Mila’s fingers lingered on the pale shell, the sensation of a sigh drifted across her mind. There was a longing, a wistfulness about the feeling that dulled Mila’s excitement for a moment. Was it really that lonely inside? If it was then the scarred girl could understand why the baby dragons were always so eager to escape! Still doesn’t excuse rudeness though, The teen thought to herself as she lingered a few more minutes with the egg. While this babe seemed to be a polite one, the encounter she had with the brown had soured her own eagerness. With a heartfelt wish of a quick hatching for The Pastel Tranquility Egg, Mila said her goodbyes to the dragonet before moving on.

Wandering the sands for a few moments to collect her thoughts, the brown eyed girl wondered just how much of a dragonet’s personality was exposed during these touching moments. While deep thoughts like this wasn’t really the girl’s forte, there was something compelling about her last that had left her in a state of confusion. It wasn’t until she noticed a freckled shell that she remembered her task. Shaking her head to clear if of unhappy and confusing thoughts, Halimila felt her fingers trace a shape on The Tiny Pebbles Egg. “I’m sorry little one, I didn’t mean to bring all this to you. I hope that you’re going to be a strong and kind dragon some day,” She greeted the little one with a small smile coming to her face.
ImageThe Snake Tracks Egg ImageThe Lavender Fields Egg ImageThe Mossy Hill Egg ImageThe Spilled Ink Egg

ImageThe Summer Beach Egg ImageThe Spring Has Sprung Egg ImageThe Languid Ocean Egg ImageThe Summer Wind Egg

ImageThe Through The Leaves Egg ImageThe Pastel Confetti Egg ImageThe Dancing Trails Egg ImageThe Mud Bath Egg

ImageThe Rusted Iron Egg ImageThe Cracked Clouds Egg ImageThe Pastel Tranquility Egg -Touched ImageThe Forest River Egg -Touched

ImageThe Blood Spots Egg ImageThe Sea Glass Egg ImageThe Red Sandstorm Egg ImageThe Tiny Pebbles Egg - Touched

Lai’s crooked grin only grew as he felt the surprise his arrival had given the dragon inside. It didn’t last long but there was always some measure of pride in startling any dragon. He could also tell that the dragon wasn’t very impressed with his sudden greeting but the mind brushing against his wasn’t trying to upset him over it. Odd feeling, that. Like he was being dressed down by a captain but not the angry sort that had trained him back in Benden….

He was just about to be lost down a train of thought when the press of the dragon’s mind against his brought him back to the heated sands. Blinking away his thoughts, the infamous crooked grin came back to his face. “I think know how you feel little guy. So bogged down with the small things even though you are meant to fly,” Laikanu whispered with a longing in his own voice and mind that almost mirrored the dragonet’s. Shaking his own shaggy head, Lai forced his mind back to the hope of Impression. “I gotta go little guy. I’ll see you come hatching day!” He promised with one last trail of a rough finger on smooth egg.

Taking a moment to spot Mila among the eggs, Laikanu hoped that the younger candidate was having a good of a time as he was. A small part of his mind was still working over the idea he had to surprise the girl with but after his encounter with The Through the Leaves Egg the guardsman vowed to pay more attention. So when he found himself in a cluster of eggs once more the tow-headed candidate chose his next friend carefully. With measured strides the passionate man closed in on The Cracked Clouds Egg. It had drawn his attention with the odd markings that made him think that the eggs were a lot harder and closer to hatching than they had been lead to believe.

“Hey, little one? Are you okay in there? You kinda look like you’re ready to greet us all today,” Lai said with a hint of amusement. “Take your time little one. We’re not going anywhere!”

ImageThe Through The Leaves Egg -Touched Image The Pastel Confetti Egg ImageThe Dancing Trails Egg -Touched ImageThe Mud Bath Egg

ImageThe Rusted Iron Egg ImageThe Cracked Clouds Egg -Touched ImageThe Pastel Tranquility Egg ImageThe Forest River Egg

ImageThe Blood Spots Egg ImageThe Sea Glass Egg ImageThe Red Sandstorm Egg ImageThe Tiny Pebbles Egg
Ainokesshou

Fri May 18, 2018 3:38 am

Isilsk wrote: Image - The Spring Has Sprung Egg to Aranrod

"I bet you're feeling pretty cramped in there, too," she said softly. "I wonder if you are all as excited to meet us as we are to meet you?"

Upon first touch you get a rather cold greeting. Certainly not hostile, but more...neutral. After a moment, though, they begin to warm up to you. "You have no idea how cramped it is." They states drolly. "Not to be rude, but right now I am merely excited to be out, though I'm sure you all are pleasant enough, but I'm so bored right now literally anything else would be a good change."
Cramped and bored. That made sense. Aranrod would be frustrated with nothing to do inside a shell except wait until she was strong enough to force her way out. "You won't be bored right after you hatch," she murmured, "There will be a ton of people standing out here desperate to meet you." She wrinkled her nose a bit. "I hope you won't be bored by having to sleep a lot the first several days, but I'm never actually bored when I'm asleep." Certainly whoever Impressed the hatchling would be too exhausted to be bored.

She moved on to the Summer Wind egg, with its subtle swirls. "Well, one of your siblings was bored, and one was cramped," she said, softly, in an amused tone. "Both of those will be fixed when you're all out of the shell, but I can't do anything to help right now. I don't suppose you have a complaint that I CAN help with?"

ImageThe Summer Beach Egg Image The Spring Has Sprung Egg ImageThe Languid Ocean Egg ImageThe Summer Wind Egg

ImageThe Rusted Iron Egg ImageThe Cracked Clouds Egg ImageThe Pastel Tranquility Egg ImageThe Forest River Egg

ImageThe Blood Spots Egg ImageThe Sea Glass Egg ImageThe Red Sandstorm Egg ImageThe Tiny Pebbles Egg

isilsk wrote:Image - The Summer Beach Egg to Varren

"Are you calmer than your sibling?" he murmured. "Your shell makes me think of a lazy summer rest-day with no responsibilities," he continued, "but you probably don't look much like your shell, and even how you look INSIDE the shell doesn't say much about your personality."

There is a calm and relaxed air that surrounds this egg. "Calmer is a subjective idea. I suppose I am compared to some, but not compared to others." They didn't know all of their clutch mates, so there was no way to know for sure. "I don't know. I very well could look like my shell. Stranger things have happened. As for my personality...I think it suits me just fine, can't speak for others though."
Varren stood for a longer moment with this egg, smiling as he felt how much more mellow this dragonet seemed. The egg seemed almost clinical, detached, and Varren found that soothing. "I don't suppose I care whether you look like your shell, or like that purple shawl the Weyrleader wore....I think I'll like you either way," he said, before walking away. One of the eggs looked almost white, then as he got closer it looked pale pink, until the shell resolved into tiny pink dots like sprinkles on the shell. The Pastel Confetti egg might have been on the small size, but that was fine with him. Small dragons might not have rank, but they had value. A Weyr couldn't fight Thread with just a bunch of giant dragons that couldn't maneuver well.

He touched the Pastel Confetti egg gently, noticing that the pink of the tiny spots was easier to see in contrast to his own skin. "Your shell is sort of understated," he said, "some of your siblings have shells that look dramatic and draw the eye. But you know, looking closely at your egg, it's quite pretty." He smiled, "It's just not flashy." Flashy was fine, too, of course, and he knew that there were many dragons and riders who revelled in attention. But sometimes Varren thought that too much attention was bad for him. Certainly when he had paid too much attention to other candidates he had suffered for it.

ImageThe Blood Spots Egg ImageThe Sea Glass EggImageThe Red Sandstorm Egg ImageThe Tiny Pebbles Egg
Quiloth     Elahrairath     Nahumth      
ImageImageImage
Zenith         Ramlahvas
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
   Atumra       Panlovis     Galask  Gask                      
Fawkes
Junior Admin
Title: The Majestic Birb
Pronouns: She/Her, or Birb

Sun May 20, 2018 4:21 am

Image - The Mossy Hill Egg to Daela

"Hello there sweet thing." She started, hoping to get a sense of a reaction from the baby inside. "We all are anxious to meet you, and wish nothing but the best for you little one."

This egg seems to reach out to you as you reach it, curiosity flowing across the shell before sending a wave of delight at such kind words. If the egg could have nuzzled you, it would, sending happy little feelings like that of a domestic feline happily purring and rubbing against its human's leg. "I am anxious to meet the world too. I don't know if you are mine, but mine will be out there waiting for me, I just know it. Yours will find you too."
Just before her hand reached the shell, there was a phantom feeling of the egg pushing back, pressing into the palm of her hand until the hardness of the shell greeted her fingers. The moment she made contact, there was almost a flood of sheer delight and it was so infectious that Daela could not help the wide smile that spread over her lips. The thought that maybe this little one might be for her, this acceptance and cheerfulness as her other half made her heart grow fonder, and maybe the flicker of hope began to grow within her. Would there be a dragon in this clutch for her? While she couldn't remain a candidate for long, any day now she could be summoned back to Walled, she wanted to at least live the dream for a little while longer.

The feelings she got from the hatchling, it was almost as if her gift were speaking to her, but hadn't she tried that on Iolith? Why did it work now? Yet as she glanced around, she got the sense that she was not the only one feeling such things from the eggs and hatchlings within. Perhaps it was because these babies hadn't found their bond yet, their thoughts and feelings just broadcasting like anything else until it finds the right one to latch onto. Daela could remember when she was younger, the wayward focus of her gift swaying her moods with those around her until she learned how to harness it.

"I can already tell you are bound for great things." The harper hummed to the hatchling, and gave another stroke of the egg and her hand trailed across the shell as she stepped away. The feelings of delight the Mossy Hill Egg had imbued on her lingered as she gave a slow and graceful little spin as she crossed the short distance to a lavender colored egg just beside it. As her gaze settled on the egg, she was reminded of a sight during one of their more unorthodox lessons, and she could almost picture that mottled shell over the shoulders of their Weyrleader L'van. The image made her chuckle softly to herself while she raised her hand toward the Lavender Fields Egg and gave the shell a gentle caress. "You already have some big shoes to fill when you hatch." Daela said softly, a playful lilt in her voice. "Though, I would bet that you're going to surprise us all, aren't you?" The southerner added as a bit of her mask began to chip away the more she felt from these hatchlings.
Eggs Touched So Far:
1st Round - Image The Pastel Tranquility Egg
2nd Round - Image The Mossy Hill Egg
3rd Round - ImageThe Lavender Fields Egg
This Intoxication Thrills Me,
I Only Pray It Doesn't Kill Me

Safryn ~* *~ Kitiara ~* *~ V'an ~* *~ Ay'li ~* *~ Elysia ~* *~ Kent ~* *~ Isolde ~* *~ Omri'vis ~* *~ Daela
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Weyrwoman || Wingsecond || Weyrling Asst. || Wingleader || Wingthird || Wingrider || Weyr Guard || Strikeleader || Candidate

If You Want Something You've Never Had,
You Must Be Willing To Do Something You've Never Done.

#332500/#C1A00C | #8AA259 | #A8482A | #B69064 | #667A8C | #155710 | #969696 | #181D68
~ Character Tracker ~ | * Marks Tracker *
Isilsk

Fri May 25, 2018 7:38 pm

THIRD ROUND
Sorry this took me so long guys.
Image - The Snake Tracks Egg to Varric

"I bet you're simply something small and ordinary. Just wrapped in pretty foil to fool the masses."

Indignation is the first feeling you get from this egg. Then, strict silence and a bit of judgmental eyeing you over a few times. "Exactly who are you calling small and ordinary? I could say that you're basic and boring, but that is rude. Are you always so rude to people? And I'll have you know that I do not fool the masses. Exactly how could I, who is trapped in here, do anything at all to fool someone?" Obviously you have hit a button.
Image - The Languid Ocean Egg to Alhanour

"Hello, little egg. I hope you don't mind me taking up some of your time. Your egg is so beautiful, I can't help but to wonder what you'd look like. Although, I suppose it doesn't matter. Either way, you are sure to be a spectacle, my friend."

At first this egg seems to pull away from you. The shyness of it as obvious as the soft blue swirls of its shell. However, with each kindly spoken word you give to it the egg seems to recoil less and less until finally you can tell you have their full attention. "I must admit...I wonder what you look like too. You seem really, really nice. I don't mind you taking up my time."
Image - The Red Sand Storm Egg to Niomi

"Hello, there. Do you mind if I touch you? My name is Niomi. I wonder what your's is..."

Immediately you feel as if the egg is trying to tell you where exactly they would like your hand to be. "If I minded you touching my shell, you would know. Trust me. That is a pretty name." The whole time you are touching them you feel a very deep scrutiny of...well...all of you. "You'll just have to wait and found out that little bit of information. But now perhaps you should run along and meet my other siblings."
Image - The Blood Spots Egg to Sunaia

"Welcome to the world, little one. Just a little longer and you'll be able to meet it all, as we want to meet you."

Bounding energy and excitement meets you before your hand even gets on the shell. Then, the general feeling genuine happiness wraps around you like a warm blanket. "Well, thank you. I am very excited to actually see the world." After that a small twinge of concern comes from the egg. "Please forgive me if my energy came on a little too strong. I'm just so excited to see all of you."
Image - The Tiny Pebbles Egg to Halimila

“I’m sorry little one, I didn’t mean to bring all this to you. I hope that you’re going to be a strong and kind dragon some day,”

A wave of warmth washes over you, wanting to comfort you and assure you that you don't have to apologize to them. A surge of pride then runs through you from the shell. "I think I will be. I am certainly going to strive to be strong and kind. We're all in this together even if I can only pick one person."
Image - The Cracked Cloud Eggs to Laikanu

“Hey, little one? Are you okay in there? You kinda look like you’re ready to greet us all today,” Lai said with a hint of amusement. “Take your time little one. We’re not going anywhere!”

A feeling of curiosity sweeps over you from this shell. "Of course I am okay? Why would I not be?" They wonder at you at first. "Well, I will have to take your word on that. I most certainly am not ready to come out today. Though, it is getting rather cramped in here. Soon though." Another puzzled thought fills your mind. "I am not sure that you are made to wait on the sands the entire time. If I were you I would wait...wherever it is you are more comfortable."
Image - The Summer Wind Egg to Aranrod

"Well, one of your siblings was bored, and one was cramped," she said, softly, in an amused tone. "Both of those will be fixed when you're all out of the shell, but I can't do anything to help right now. I don't suppose you have a complaint that I CAN help with?"

"Have you ever been in a shell before? Let me tell you about all the wonderful and exciting things that can be done inside here. There's thinking...and thinking...oh, and don't let me forget thinking." You feel the sarcastic response, but it's isn't a sharp cynical sort of sarcasm, more of a jokey sort. "Perhaps you could find a way to get in here with me. That would stir things up quite a bit, don't you think?"
Image - The Pastel Confetti Egg to Varren

"Your shell is sort of understated," he said, "some of your siblings have shells that look dramatic and draw the eye. But you know, looking closely at your egg, it's quite pretty." He smiled, "It's just not flashy."

If you were worried that your words would offend this shell you can put your fears aside. The first thing you get from them is more of a mental shrug than anything else. "Good for them. Really now, this shell is just going to break whenever I am ready to break it. Seems to me that my pretty, but not flashy, shell is the way to go. It's always a shame when something spectacular breaks."
Image - The Lavender Fields Egg to Daela

"You already have some big shoes to fill when you hatch." Daela said softly, a playful lilt in her voice. "Though, I would bet that you're going to surprise us all, aren't you?"

A small trace of trepidation runs down this egg and to you. "I am certain that I do, but while I do worry, I am sure that I am going to do my very best to make sure I am the best me that I can. You will do the same thing too, will you not? I wouldn't believe that my mother would allow someone on the sands that wasn't fully intending to also fill the biggest shoes they could." The response is caring, but serious as well.
Lanni

Sat May 26, 2018 2:36 am

The curiosity that he received from the little one had Laikanu’s blue eyes sparkling. He wasn’t sure if it was his questions or his presence that had the dragonet forming questions but whatever the cause was, Lai was glad to have met the curious little creature. He could also feel that the little one wasn’t as ready to hatch as their egg suggested. “Good,” He whispered tracing a faux-crack with a calloused finger, “Stay in there until you’re good and ready little one.” There was more flickering across his mind then but the flirt was having a hard time putting the pieces together.

It wasn’t until the heat of the sands seeped into the sole of his boot that he realized what the little one was suggesting. “Well, maybe not exactly here but as soon as you’re ready we’ll come running with bells on!” He chuckled before amending his words, “Okay not bells but certainly our robes! I’m glad I got to meet you today, little egg, but take your time and we’ll meet again when you’re truly ready to hatch.” When the words left the brunet, he pressed his palm against the top of the egg as one last goodbye before he moved towards the egg’s siblings.

For a few heartbeats, Laikanurinato wondered if this would be the chance he needed to impress the dragon that would be his partner. He knew that this was his last chance, his last hope to Impress like his older brother had and the thought of being left behind nearly broke through his happy state. As it was the blue eyed young man stumbled a bit at the remembrance. “Last chance,” He muttered to himself before shaking his head, “but I’ll do it! I have to…”

Soon Laikanu came to The Rusted Iron Egg. Hesitation had the young man’s arm stuck to his side for a handful of moments before he gave into the urge to place a hand on the swirled colors of the egg. “Hello,” He greeted the little one in a soft voice he normally saved for Tui or his adopted sibling, “I wonder what sort of person you’re looking for. Maybe…. Maybe someone like me?” He dared to ask while a smile began to form on his face again. “Or maybe someone like Mila, she needs a good friend you know,” He admitted letting thoughts of the petite brown eyed girl come to his mind. “She’d like the colors on your shell,” Lai added with a wider smile.

ImageThe Through The Leaves Egg -Touched Image The Pastel Confetti Egg ImageThe Dancing Trails Egg -Touched ImageThe Mud Bath Egg

ImageThe Rusted Iron Egg -Touched ImageThe Cracked Clouds Egg -Touched ImageThe Pastel Tranquility Egg ImageThe Forest River Egg

A warm smile came to Mila’s face as the young dragon’s mind brushed her own. There was a comforting feel to the touch that reminded the young girl of her father’s partner, Zelian. While the dragon’s touch didn’t quite match the day-wher’s mental touch, the understanding that rang through her mind certainly set her at ease. A murmured thanks left her lips then as she traced another small pebble marking. The pride that surged through her mind next had the young brunette grinning. It was like the little one was agreeing with her or at the very least happy that she had called them strong and kind. “Well, you certainly liked that didn’t you?” She asked with a chuckle. I bet you’ll have an easy time finding your partner,” Mila added before wishing a farewell to the egg, “I’m going to go greet another of your siblings, little one. I’ll see you soon!”

After another lingering touch to the proud and comforting dragonet, Mila wandered towards another egg nearby. The comfort she felt from the last egg stayed with her and chased her melancholy thoughts away. When her fingers came across The Sea Glass Egg, Hali glanced down to see what her hand had discovered. Once again her fingers trailed over the markings on the blue toned shell as she greeted the little one, “Well, hello! You’re egg is very pretty. Reminds me of the shallows of the lake,” Mila added as she placed her hand flat on the smooth surface. “Not as cool as the water would be,” She admitted with a small grin copied from Laikanu. “I wonder if you’re going to take after the still waters and be a calm dragon or if you’re going to be as mysterious as the sea…” Her words trailed off then as she pondered what it would be like to be partnered to such a dragon.

ImageThe Rusted Iron Egg ImageThe Cracked Clouds Egg ImageThe Pastel Tranquility Egg -Touched ImageThe Forest River Egg -Touched

ImageThe Blood Spots Egg ImageThe Sea Glass Egg - Touched ImageThe Red Sandstorm Egg ImageThe Tiny Pebbles Egg - Touched
Ainokesshou

Sat May 26, 2018 5:30 pm

Isilsk wrote:
Image - The Summer Wind Egg to Aranrod

"Well, one of your siblings was bored, and one was cramped," she said, softly, in an amused tone. "Both of those will be fixed when you're all out of the shell, but I can't do anything to help right now. I don't suppose you have a complaint that I CAN help with?"

"Have you ever been in a shell before? Let me tell you about all the wonderful and exciting things that can be done inside here. There's thinking...and thinking...oh, and don't let me forget thinking." You feel the sarcastic response, but it's isn't a sharp cynical sort of sarcasm, more of a jokey sort. "Perhaps you could find a way to get in here with me. That would stir things up quite a bit, don't you think?"
"I can't think of a way to climb in with you, and I don't think it would be allowed if I could," Aranrod murmured, her eyes laughing and a delighted smile pushing its way up her cheeks. She knew the dragon didn't mean that invitation at her directly, but it felt nice that the dragon would welcome her company in any sense. "And I don't think they'll let us camp out on the sands and keep you company until you hatch, either. It's an appealing thought, but I'm pretty sure that everyone who isn't a candidate or an egg would forbid it." She moved away reluctantly, considering the remaining eggs.

The Spilled Ink Egg looked like someone had left fingerprints all over it write after making a mess with their writing. Maybe even a whole classroom of clumsy little children with messy hands, but they somehow managed to leave patterns - that looked like a spray of leaves, there, and that was almost a vine. "One thing I have learned from your siblings," she said softly to the shell that reminded her of her own hands after almost every day of study, "is that the wait is worse for you than it is for us. I hadn't realized that before," and she wrinkled her nose, because she really should have. Did she think that those baby dragons desperate to find their person and then eat had no minds, no personalities, until their eggs started rocking? "I wish that we could come here every day so that at least you wouldn't all feel lonely in your shells, though I imagine that your mother does a good job of keeping you company." She pressed her second hand against the shell as well, tracing ink splotches with the fingertips of one hand while the second just cupped the shell. "We are all waiting and preparing for you, we wish you could come out of your shells today, too."

ImageThe Summer Beach Egg Image The Spring Has Sprung Egg ImageThe Languid Ocean Egg ImageThe Summer Wind Egg

Isilsk wrote: Image - The Pastel Confetti Egg to Varren

"Your shell is sort of understated," he said, "some of your siblings have shells that look dramatic and draw the eye. But you know, looking closely at your egg, it's quite pretty." He smiled, "It's just not flashy."

If you were worried that your words would offend this shell you can put your fears aside. The first thing you get from them is more of a mental shrug than anything else. "Good for them. Really now, this shell is just going to break whenever I am ready to break it. Seems to me that my pretty, but not flashy, shell is the way to go. It's always a shame when something spectacular breaks."
"I don't think anyone on this side of things considers it a shame when even the prettiest dragon egg breaks," Varren said, amused, "Since the dragon inside is always much more impressive." He smiled, though, that the dragon didn't mind having a shell with a more subtle appearance. "I think the shells are sort of like clothes, anyway, just meant to protect you, not actually part of you," It was just that the shells were the only thing the candidates could SEE when trying to interact with these babies that hadn't hatched yet.

He went to the Rusted Iron Egg next. When he had first seen it, he had almost thought it HAD to be an opal/pyrite egg. The colors made him think of both dragon colors - but the color of the shell had nothing to do with the color of the dragon, unless it was gold. And there wasn't one of those in this clutch. Probably some of the female candidates were disappointed, but since the Weyrwoman had sent away the last golden egg laid on these sands, it wasn't like any of these girls would have had a chance at another.

This egg was probably too small to hold two baby dragons, though. Despite being the smallest of the dragon colors, being twins meant they had reasonably large eggs. This egg was more likely to hold a blue or green, or maybe a pewter? A small brown might even be possible. "I really think these touchings are more for your benefit than ours," he said to the egg, cupping it at the widest part of its curve. "You can get to know those of us out here, maybe pick the person you want before you even break out of your shell. I just wish you could tell us what you're looking for."

ImageThe Blood Spots Egg ImageThe Sea Glass EggImageThe Red Sandstorm Egg ImageThe Tiny Pebbles Egg
Quiloth     Elahrairath     Nahumth      
ImageImageImage
Zenith         Ramlahvas
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
   Atumra       Panlovis     Galask  Gask                      
Altreis

Sat May 26, 2018 10:39 pm

A Touching! Though normally very laid back, Tyran could barely contain his excitement. Though not quite as exciting as a Hatching, a Touching was still an opportunity to meet the dragonets. Not only that but it was a special treat, in his eyes. The parents of the clutch didn't have to allow anyone near their precious babies, but they were. As such when he got there Tyran went not to the eggs but to the proud parents, chattering at them about how wonderful their clutch was and how much he appreciated this rare and precious opportunity they were giving him.

"-and I know this won't influence their choice in riders, nor would I want to, but just getting to meet them is a real treat. It means the world to me. I thank you all and I promise I will be extremely careful and gentle with them!"

There was no denying the young man's enthusiasm-but he was also being completely sincere. When he finally did move over to the eggs Tyran...well slowed when he was close. No running into the eggs, no making their parents worry, and he fully intended to keep his contact with the shells as light as possible. Yet...while he didn't want to worry the parents...he could not help noticing one egg that looked as if it were cracked. It was to that one that Tyran first went.

"Hello?" he called softly as he reached The Cracked Clouds Egg. "Are you okay in there? Your shell looks um...I hope it stays together until you're ready to come out. I could get someone if you like?"
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Isilsk

Sun May 27, 2018 2:52 am

Since I'm going to try and keep up with these better, I'm no longer going to be calling them rounds. Simply post as fast or as slow as you want and I will try to get to them whenever there is a handful of candidates responded.
Image - The Rusted Iron Egg to Laikanu

“Hello. I wonder what sort of person you’re looking for. Maybe…. Maybe someone like me? Or maybe someone like Mila, she needs a good friend you know. She’d like the colors on your shell,”

You can feel that the egg ponders your own pondering for a moment. In fact, for a second it seems like that might be the only things you get from the shell before suddenly they decide to truly address you. "There are many things that I am looking for in a person. Whether or not it is you...well, I suppose we will find out when I can get out of this shell and be able to assess you better. However, I find it noble that you worry for your friend. That is commendable."
Image - The Sea Glass Egg to Halimila

“Well, hello! You’re egg is very pretty. Reminds me of the shallows of the lake. Not as cool as the water would be. I wonder if you’re going to take after the still waters and be a calm dragon or if you’re going to be as mysterious as the sea…”

You get a fleeting feeling of gratitude for you compliment, but it feels more like an obligatory 'thank you' than that they are genuinely touched by it. "Both lakes and seas have their dangers. Not to mention I may be nothing at all like either of those. I am not my shell you know."
Image - The Spilled Ink Egg to Aranrod

"One thing I have learned from your siblings is that the wait is worse for you than it is for us. I hadn't realized that before. I wish that we could come here every day so that at least you wouldn't all feel lonely in your shells, though I imagine that your mother does a good job of keeping you company. We are all waiting and preparing for you, we wish you could come out of your shells today, too."

You feel the egg is instantly interested in you. "Aren't you a talker?" You feel amusement. "I think it would be wonderful if you could come every day until I am free of this shell. It is bad, but...I mean...what can we do? It is a necessary boredom. Yes, she is wonderful." There is respect and adoration in their "voice". "We will come when it is the perfect time. Don't you worry. Until then....boredom it is."
Image - The Rusted Iron Egg to Varren

"I really think these touchings are more for your benefit than ours. You can get to know those of us out here, maybe pick the person you want before you even break out of your shell. I just wish you could tell us what you're looking for."

You sense a long 'hmmmm' from the shell before anything else. "Perhaps, but I would believe they benefit you as well. Perhaps you don't get to know us very well, but knowing a little something is better than nothing." They pointed out. "I do see what you mean, however, allow me to try and explain. What little 'feeling' you get from us is the same we get from you. It's like someone telling you're going to get a gift and you get to have a sneak peek, however, that sneak peek is hidden under a blanket. You can guess what it is, but it's hard to know exactly."
Image - The Cracked Clouds Egg to Tynan

"Are you okay in there? Your shell looks um...I hope it stays together until you're ready to come out. I could get someone if you like?"

You feel a soft sigh from the shell you are now touching, as if they are tired of having to say what they are going to say next. "Thank you for the concern, but no, I am perfectly fine. I can assure you that. If you really are not sure that I am telling the truth...well...I hate to point out the obvious, but you are touching my shell. You can feel for yourself that whatever you are seeing are just markings.