Rebirth (68th Dragon Hatching, PC)

A large natural cavern found by the initial expedition. It has been cleared out and filled with sand. Naturally flowing hotspring pools inside the cavern keeps this cavern warm enough for dragon eggs, but also makes it very humid with all the steam from the hotspring waters.
Ainokesshou

Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:32 pm

Once Mila had untangled from her green, Aranrod was already moving over to help her up, even before Zenith could speak. Frankly, Aranrod was wondering how several of the new weyrlings would manage the next few days; she suspected the more able-bodied among them would be helping to feed several baby dragons at once, and she expected she would still be exhausted a few days later at the Feast. It would be a good exhaustion, though, and there was a lot for her to celebrate this time around.

I am so hungry,Zenith complained, as Aranrod moved to lead her, Mila, and Arduinnath away to the food. Surely, Nali would be close behind, even if she needed more help than Aranrod could provide. <I know you are hungry,> she answered, feeling the hunger herself like a giant hole in the bottom of her gut. <You have been so patient,> and Mila wasn't heavier than Aranrod expected, but she was heavier than a musical instrument, or anything else Aranrod had needed to move in the past, so they were going slow. <That's where we are heading now,> as the healer hadn't told her any different, <So you can tell Arduinnath that as well,> and Zenith obligingly turned to her green sister.

Mine says that we are moving to the food, sister, so we will eat soon. She knew that the other hatchling had to be almost as hungry as she was, though it was hard to imagine anyone ever being hungrier than Zenith was at that moment.

Galana looked at Laikanu's feet, and answered him. "Your toes are wiggling," she confirmed, "can you not feel them moving?" That was less worrying than paralysis, but did suggest there might be some swelling pushing on a sensory nerve. If the swelling got worse (which it probably would before it got better), then he might lose movement for a while too, but if the toes were wiggling now, then he was quite unlikely to be permanently paralyzed. She nodded agreement with Alastair about the back board - of course, they needed that when there was any doubt about a person's back injury, but it was still good to know that nothing was severed in his spine.

Still, his feet probably didn't hurt at all, making them a good part of his body to focus his attention on. She had done this before, keeping a patient focused on a minor injury to distract from the pain of a major one, and it didn't work as well as numbweed, but it helped the patient stay calm, and not move in a dangerous way. "This isn't going to be fun, kid," she said, looking at the back board that was being brought over, "now, or for the next several days," possibly weeks or months, depending on how bad the back injury actually was, "But we're going to keep you wiggling your toes, and hopefully take care of you moving everything in between before TOO long."
Quiloth     Elahrairath     Nahumth      
ImageImageImage
Zenith         Ramlahvas
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
   Atumra       Panlovis     Galask  Gask                      
LdyPayne

Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:25 pm

Tag Sunaia, L'van

Hearing Sunaia call out for a healer at first had Lerina worried she had been hurt. Seeing the blood staining the robes of a Candidate standing near her made it clear who her sister was calling a Healer for. As glad as she was the Garnet found her lifemate among the spectators Lerina wished she hadn't harmed so many Candidates on the Sands in the process. But such was the risks of being a Candidate. Hopefully the Candidate, none of them in fact, will be too badly injured and survive.

Another set of twins hatched and the male of the pair Impressed to the female Candidate who had been bitten by the garnet. At least the Candidate did get the best consolation prize out of being injured. Lerina smiled and looked towards her sister who seemed determined to protect the injured Candidates from the claws and teeth of new hatchlings. Lerina hoped it didn't result in her half sister being injured in the process for her good intentions.

The next dragon to hatch was one that had Lerina gasping in amazement. She was gorgeous, another Garnet or so she thought from a first glance. The paler parts of her body shimmered with a metallic sheen Lerina had come to associate with Pewters. Did that mean this would be a male dragon? The voice sounded clearly female so her question was quickly answered.

When she headed towards Sunaia however Lerina held her breath, was she heading over there to Impress her sister or will Sunaia end up being the next Candidate with an injury? The way her sister was standing her grown Lerina became worried.

"Sunaia don't stand in her way," Lerina called out her voice too tight with worry to truly carry. Fortunately the hatchling stopped before Sunaia and actually asked her to step aside and Sunaia did. Lerina exhaled, glad her half sister had the sense to step aside despite wanting to protect the injured behind her. Lerina doubted any hatching would attack an injured Candidate out of spite but they would Impress one which this chimera did.

"I really hope being injured isn't going to be a requirement for the rest of the eggs to hatch," Lerina commented to L'van. "Sunaia has such a good heart I really hope she doesn't end up getting hurt in trying to protect her injured friends."

A brown hatched next with a beautiful pattern. Lerina was surprised to hear the distinct feminine voice from her. She could have easily ignored the male sounding green as just being a deep mindvoice but this brown...she didn't even know such a thing was possible. "I never heard of browns or greens being opposite gender than they normally are, has this ever happened here before?"

Lerina turned back to the Sands just in time to see another egg hatch in an explosion of shell, the hatchling revealed with wings spread where the egg used to stand. She was gorgeous and definitely something unique as Lerina never seen such a mix of colours on a dragon. Unlike the Garnet/Pewter mix this one seemed just a mix match of interesting colours and patterns. Beautiful all the same.

"She's amazing looking," Lerina said out loud as she watched her approach some of the Candidates before making her way towards Sunaia and her friends. She was still pretty close to the mess of Healers, injured Candidates and newly Impressed Hatchlings worrying over their injured partners. Then the Sport was nuzzling Sunaia and Lerina felt joy for her half sister well up inside of her. This time there was no worry or shock strangling her voice when she called out.

"Oh Sunaia she's Gorgeous," Lerina stood up in her joy at seeing her sister finally Impress. She knew deep down Sunaia had been worrying she would never Impress given how often she Stood so far and not just in her home Weyr either. "Congratulations!" Lerina waved and hoped Sunaia heard her but wouldn't be surprised she was far too caught up in the joy of Impression to know there was anybody else alive in the world besides her and her dragon.

Lerina couldn't help but turn and hug their father, in lieu of rushing down and hugging her sister. Lerina knew there will be plenty of time for congratulating Sunaia in person later, after the hatchlings were fed and settled and the new Weyrlings allowed to mingle with friends and relatives.
Jovia

Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:41 pm

Tag: V'rric, Daela, Sunaia, and whomever else showed up that I can't figure out.

Lyndah wasn't really paying much attention to her surroundings at the moment, as her full attention was on Varric and more importantly the bleeding hole in his side... Well wasn't really a hole as the hatchling didn't gulp down a chunk or spit it out but still... The gunk was as wiped out as she could do, and while her stitches weren't perfect they were at least helping stop the bleeding. What little in way of healing supplies in her pouches were used up on the wound to try to help with it and hopefully future healing. Sadly she didn't have any of that pure numbweed stuff on her that was for internal usage. So all she could do was slather a bunch of the stuff around the wound to not let it go in which didn't help get rid of all the pain either. Letting Kinarth keep speaking to the boy she didn't even notice anymore as more hatchlings came over nor impressions again.

~Mine the boy impressed, the hatchling is near~ Kinarth spoke to his rider who merely gave a grunt in his general directions before speaking up. "Congratulations on impressing, hope no offense but I need to concentrate... as for severity at least you aren't dead, though if left to bleed for too long..." She didn't continue her words, at least now she had a better concious when they would drag him off the sands. No hatchling would be searching for him then go between when he wasn't there, he already got his. Kinarth gave a sigh before speaking to both V'rric and his dragon ~Please don't mind her, She is rather focused and not really paying much attention. Help keep yours awake, he can sleep later especially after you are fed.~

Finally Lyndah stitched up the wound, a little shoddy but it was mostly to keep it closed for now... It might need to be opened up later by someone who was specialized with the innards or to let any infection out or something but she did her best.. Which hopefully was good enough, now it was okay to move him and with the help and the back board they'd have an easier time of it. Gently and carefully she started to slather numbweed on the wound now in hopes of lowering the pain he was in. The poor candidates robe now had a hole in it and torn up really badly by her knife so she could get to the wound, and bandage him up by wrapping the bandages she carried with her around him. "Alright let's get you off the sands, feed yours, and then get you in the infirmary and under healers watch."
Slasher

Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:56 pm

Tag: Alassiel(Talon)
Niomi was only half paying attention to the Hatching now, her mind taken up with Hadranielth's needs. But as the Green ate, and slowly became less and less starved feeling, less of Niomi's gut gnawing on her spine, the girl was able to glance up periodically at the goings on. So when she glanced up, and saw a red and white dragonet on the Sands, she had to do a double take. What? What color even was that? As she watched though, she had to assume it was at least part Garnet. Niomi couldn't help but wonder what the other half was, though as she moved across the Sands towards Hers, the girl decided it was part Pewter. Too much silvery involved in the white spots, to the point she nearly glowed.

As she Impressed though, Niomi went back to Haddy(which is what she'd decided Hadranielth could be shortened to), Would you have wanted me to glow like that? The dragonet's tone wasn't one of a lack of self confidence, but more a curious tone. Niomi blinked, and looked at her Green, then smiled, ”You do glow though, just not white. You're the most beautiful one here, as far as I'm concerned.” It was right after that that the pair heard strange voices addressing them.

Turning, both Niomi and Hadranielth blinked as the first Garnet and her newly Impressed spoke to them. Niomi wasn't really sure how to handle the girl's sudden presence, other than a brief thought of, She's very pretty... But then the girl was speaking to her, and the dragonet to Hadranielth. Haddy, for her part, dipped her head, addressing her sister in response, I took my time, but it was worth it. Hadranielth crooned happily towards her Garnet sister. But it was the human half that threw Niomi off a bit, and the girl blinked, and blurted the first thing that popped into her head, ”What was he saying about me?” Her eyes were a little wide, completely thrown off by Alassiel's words. But she seemed to remember, and coughed a little, ”I mean, hello, yes, nice to meet you too...Um, what's your name?”

As focused as she was on this sudden conversation, she didn't notice the next Brown that Hatched. She did, however, notice the next one, because of the audible gasps and whisperings of the Stands. Looking up, Niomi blinked, not even sure she was seeing what she was seeing, ”What color is that supposed to be?” It might have been a little rude of a question, and honestly she wasn't sure who she was asking really, she was just straight surprised by the dragonets appearance.
The next egg seemed eager and quick to hatch next, as R'fael noted another rocking steadily, more and more cracks appearing across its greenish tinged shell. And then a pair of red-hued wings burst from the shell, betraying that it was indeed a Garnet within. Another brief thought towards his sister's. And two Garnet's in one clutch? Impressive for a first time clutcher. But as those limbs moved, something became clear that there was something different about them. Two colors? As she flapped her wings, more shell broke free, until finally the entirety of the dragonets coloring was revealed. Well, she was definitely beautiful, there could be no doubt about that.

And she was a graceful thing, considering some of the potential of dragonet movements. Deliberate, confidant steps that were barely wobbly at all. R'fael watched with interest as she moved towards the gathering of carnage the previous Garnet had left in her wake. And it seemed Impression was made there, to a girl hovering over one of the more wounded of Candidate's. And then right after, another Egg, and another Impression to a wounded Candidate, another victim of the Garnet's pain before she Impressed.

His eyes moved towards the remaining few, so few eggs. It was nearly over, and he found he was ready for that end. As enjoyable as it all had been to watch, as happy as he was for Varren(Now Var'n, he believed he caught it was), the man was drained, and each hatching was still a subtle reminder of what he had lost. Regardless, he would see it through to the end. And that vigiliance was rewarded as one of the most striking and just different looking dragons he'd ever seen split out of her egg. What in the shells was she, even? Either way, she was spectacular looking, a literal delight for the eyes. And she moved with determination, finding Hers.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
~:Stories:~ ~:Monies:~ ~:Plotter:~
Marvealle
Site Admin
Title: Foxy Prince
Pronouns: Any

Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:52 pm

Tag: Lanni, Aino, Ember character cluster
Nali was glad for the healer telling the other two to get themselves off the sands so they could get their dragons fed. Nali's stomach was aching already and she was the last out of the trio to Impress. Hopefully his words would get Mila and Aranrod to head toward there, since Mila seemed reluctant to leave Laikanu so quickly. When the healer directed his words to her next, offering Nali a congratulations and words of assurance, Nali nodded, taking his offered hand.

"Thanks, Master. I'd like to be able to get my dragon fed, the hunger is almost worse than my injured leg," she joked a little. *He'll be taking me over there to get my leg seen to, and then we can get you fed, ok Vohamanath?* She informed her dragonet, and he answered with a croaking chirp.

*Ok! Let's go then, I'll follow.* He answered happily, allowing Nali to nod to Rath once more.

"Ok, we're ready to go. Vohamanath will follow, so take me where I need to be."
The next egg that hatched was obviously another unique dragon. With red and near-white hide, she was clearly a chimera. She also seemed to know where she wanted to go, even as she acted a bit annoyed with having to go to her bonded instead of the other way around. Raevin watched curiously as she came up to one of the groups of candidates that had suffered injury from the garnet earlier, and saw as the candidate, Sunaia, who had been standing guard stepped aside for the hatchling. The chimera appeared to choose the southern girl, Daela without much event, which was good after the garnet.

Soon after, another of the remaining eggs hatched, quickly revealing itself to hold a brown. Raevin watched with interest as the young one hatched, but was thrown when she spoke. Yes, she. That was clearly a feminine mindvoice instead of the usual masculine voice of a brown. He was surprised to see another similar to that green in the same clutch. However, when she was revealed in full, Raevin found her colors quite beautiful. She went the same path as the chimera before her, choosing the injured male, Varric.

Raevin gave a small chuckle at that, finding it amusing that two of the candidates that had appeared inseparable since before the hatching, and during, had Impressed almost at the same time to different dragons. However, he hoped they would be able to internalize their obvious feelings for each other for the sake of their hatchlings. Raevin had always been told and taught that dragonets tended to be possessive and sensitive, not liking to share their new bondeds.

Raevin barely had time to finish that thought though when the next egg was hatching. Raevin watched closely, feeling a sense of desperation coming over him now that there were so few eggs left. In the blink of an eye they had gone from just under half the eggs, to just a tiny amount of the clutch left. When the egg hatched into... he didn't even know what color that was! Raevin was amazed by the colors of that dragonet, remembering that hatching of Rosasith when he looked upon this little one.

This hatchling took her path all the way around the candidates, giving them each a litlte greeting or quick statement, clearly the social little thing. Raevin chuckled in amusement as she went by, barely even hurt that she didn't pick him. She was a sweet thing, and beautiful too, so he was happy that she found her bonded without much problems in Sunaia. However, with her Impressed, and the injured being moved or treated, he had nothing else left but to look upon the clutch and realize just how close to the end they were.

Only three left. And with still so many candidates left, his chances weren't looking good. The real possibility of standing again were upon him now, but even so, he took a breath and watched the rest of the eggs. He wouldn't give up until the last egg broke and Impressed.

With so few eggs left, the chance of there being duds became more and more real. However, another egg showed itself to be alive and well. The Spilled Ink Egg rattled next. However, whereas many of the eggs had hatched spectacularly, or in amusing ways, this one hatched quite uneventfully. Or at least, as uneventfully as any dragon egg did hatch with everyone watching intently.

A hole popped out in the side of the shell, with a grayish nose poking through. Clearly a pewter, especially as his head pushed through the hole and the rest of his body came out. The shell crackled and crumbled away as his body and wings pressed on it to get him out, and soon the pewter was free of his shell, with only parts of it left standing. Now fully free, he took in deep breaths and stretched his wings, showing himself to be a darker shaded pewter with even darker stripes and spots on him to make him look like some sort of dark marbled stone. However, other than that, he was quite unassuming, looking like a stone statue compared to his more brilliantly marked clutchsiblings.

That wasn’t so hard! Oh! But I suppose that took me longer than I thought, for almost all my clutch has hatched. I thought perhaps I was one of the first ones. Oh well. You two that haven’t hatched yet, good luck! I cannot wait for you though. I hunger and need to go find mine.

With that little speech, the pewter moved off toward the candidates. However, each time he passed a basket of glows used to help illuminate the sands in the middle of the night without the use of fire or candles, there was a shimmer of… something… Each time he passed a light source that danced on his hide directly, people murmured and pointed, swearing they had seen a glimmer of color not belonging to the traditional pewter. However, it was hard to get a good view of it, but his wingsails appeared to almost change color entirely in those brief periods where he was directly under a light source. Despite the murmuring though, he made his way to the candidates all the same and began to look them all over.

Oh dear, I don’t think all that red is supposed to be there. Here’s to you getting better. Hmmm… Nope, sorry, you're not the one for me though. Chin up though, perhaps another. He said to Laikanu before the healers had a chance to take him off the sands yet. He then moved along, looking over all the candidates left, male and female, but not finding what he was looking for in any of them.

It’s been lovely getting to see all of you, but none of you are what I’m looking for. There was a moment where the pewter’s hide faded, and everyone worried. Were they about to have a repeat of the garnet? Would this one not be so lucky as the garnet to find his? Just as everyone became worried and uneasy though, preparing for the worst, the hatchling’s head shot up and looked around. He moved toward the stands and looked up, spreading his wings out, standing right beside a glow basket and a lantern from the stands, now his colors were seen. Where the light hit him, blues and greens shimmered in areas that were clearly his true markings, practically glowing with the light.

Wait! I feel mine! Up there! There! I feel you! I need to get up there, but it's so high up. The hatchling called into the stands, unable to get up due to not being near or seeing that there were stairs to get up and down with. While the ledge of the stands wasn’t super high, it was high enough for a pewter sized hatchling to be unable to climb up on his own. He kreeled and keened unhappily as he hopped and jumped, trying to get up but failing. He fell a few times, and once got tangled up with his own wing, tearing a few holes in his sails that made him squawk from the sudden pain. Luckily, the sails didn’t bleed, and would be able to be repaired easily by a dragon healer, but it didn’t help the hatchling calm down.
I can't get up! But I can feel you up there. R'fael! My R'fael! Please come to your Pavoth! I cannot get to you, please hurry, I need you! The hatchling called to someone specific, clearly having mentally pinpointed the person, just not able to get to them physically. Quickly, people in stands began to look around for the person the hatchling called for, seeing if he was near them and if he was going to go to the hatchling who called for him.
Baby Only Picture

-:- Impressed To -:-
R'fael (Slasher)
-:- Personality -:-
Proud, Kind, Honorable, Fanatical, Sociable
-:- Color Codes -:-
525f62, #313a39, 00a79f, #2bc4f0, 00c05d, cfbb7c, 6835bc
-:- Final Size -:-
41 ft.
Mutation Note: Depending on the lighting, Pavoth can pass as a regular, dark colored Pewter. Outside of direct light or sunlight, his hide is a rather average, dark shade of Pewter with stripes and spots of darker color across his hide as if marbled stone. In the sun though, his hide shines with brilliant blues and greens in spots, with hints of yellow and purple as well, marking him clearly as a color of his own.

Hatched from: Image The Ink Spots Egg
Atricis: Next Generation
~..:: Character & Thread Tracker | Marks Tracker ::..~
Nali ..::||::.. K'rin ..::||::.. M'ir ..::||::.. Raevin ..::||::.. Inakil ..::||::.. Elias ..::||::.. Sterling ..::||::.. Lolena'vas ..::||::.. Rey'vas
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Caryatid

Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:49 pm

There was a certain relief in thinking ahead to the feast. Sunaia carried something heavy in her heart but that same weight lifted from her shoulders-- a mixture of good and bad which made it far easier to contemplate the end of the hatching arriving without a match made for her... again. She was contemplating what she might say to Mar'lus when they danced-- surely he'd say yes!-- when one of the restless eggs decided enough was enough, and veritably exploded before them. The flare of sunset-bright wings was impossible to miss, and the stark black and white body, with its proud lines, drew the eyes a moment later.

This hatchling seemed a wanderer and Sunny tracked her course across the sands, as she paused to speak to other candidates. Not for her, then. It was only a little ache this time, her resignation to inevitability a comfortable and well-worn thing. But she was beautiful, so very unlike any of the dragons who'd ever stood upon Telgar's hatching grounds.

It was good she'd come South. In the North, she'd never get the opportunity to see anything like that. And wasn't that a blessing of sorts? Really, she should count herself lucky...

But as the little sport wound closer to where she stood, it grew harder and harder to give herself the pep talk she needed to last through the final moments of the hatching. Was she...? Would she...? Sunaia tried to leash her hope but it was a tricky beast, slippery and insistent. And when the dragon set eyes upon her and gave that joyous little trill, she knew-- even before that bright, vibrant mind wrapped around hers, she knew.

There you are! Oh, I am so glad you're alright. All of the chaos that seems to have happened before I hatched. You have no idea how happy I am that you are alright. Well, you're not hurt anyways. I can tell that you are tired and sore. Were you really so ready to give up on me, Sunaia?

Her hands seemed to know just where to go to cradle Samandirieth's head as she nuzzled against sweat- and blood-stained robes. She traced over the sunset streaks decorating the hatchling's headknobs, as tender as the dragon was exultant. "I was giving up on me, waiting so long," she tried to explain. Though really, in that moment, it didn't matter at all.

The sport continued to nuzzle against her leg, stroking her cheeks like a feline who'd gotten into the cream. Waves of smug contentment radiated from her. Contentment and hunger both. I hope that I, Samandirieth, was worth the wait. Will you please feed me now? I am quite hungry, but I would also like to make sure my other siblings are fairing alright.

"Yes! There's food! We'll get you fed and make sure the others are alright... the healers here are wonderful, they helped me and I'm sure the others will be fine too. This way, it's just a little farther." Her assurances were mingled with assistance. Samandirieth was as steady as a hatchling could be on her feet but that included some clumsiness, and the hunger was tugging at her; Sunaia could feel it in the pit of her own stomach, like a fist with teeth. "This way... oh, you're beautiful."

Samandirieth hummed with amusement. I am, aren't I? And smart too. But modest! Very, very modest... when I need to be.

Sunaia couldn't help herself-- she laughed outright, unrestrained and with genuine joy.

"Her name is Samandirieth!" she called as they passed by the stands on their way to the other weyrlings and she spied Lerina and her father. "Samandirieth!"
Last edited by Caryatid on Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Slasher

Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:42 pm

Mention: Finn
The next egg to hatch was doing so a bit more sedately than it's siblings, it seemed like. A hole was broken through, a gray nose betraying the pewter color within, and it worked its way out...well, honestly, normally. Or as normal as a hatching dragon could be, really. And even as the dragonet stretched himself free of the shell, his hide was, well, unassuming and kind of 'normal' compared to his brethren. That in itself made him stand out a bit against his brethren and sistren, as far as R'fael was concerned.

As the dragonet made his way across the sands though, each time he passed one of the numerous light sources, there were hints of...something else. The man's brow furrowed. And the pewter moved from candidate to candidate, obviously not Impressing. And unlike his sister, he didn't seem to become more and more upset, almost more a silent suffrage instead of creeling and panicking. And then his head shot up, and swiveled at the Stands. Another one? Stands weren't unheard of, but more than one in a Hatching? Not super common either. And as he seemed to find his, those wings flared, and there was an almost collective gasp at the explosion of color across those wingsails. But it seemed he was still having problems, a he couldn't see the stairs to get up, and the wall was too high to climb. In his attempts at climbing however, he fell, and R'fael winced as those claws ripped the sail, though there was no flash of ichor, so that was a good thing.

But then it happened, something happened, something that had happened turns ago, and one would never think to have it happen again. I can't get up! But I can feel you up there. R'fael! My R'fael! Please come to your Pavoth! I cannot get to you, please hurry, I need you! What?

R'fael froze as that voice penetrated his mind, forcing its way past those walls that he had so delicately built around his heart after Tureath passed, shattering them. What?! R'fael swallowed, blinking eyes suddenly full of tears as that other half of his self that had been ripped out suddenly returned, filled with Pavoth. The man jerked upwards, knocking into Finn a bit as he pushed past, not even realizing who it was as he mumbled a half vocal, ”-orry.” The man only got so far as to get to the edge of the wall, and didn't bother even trying to make it to the stairs, he just vaulted over the wall, landing on his hands and knees in the burning Sand.

The next instant, he was up and moving until he reached the dragonet, sliding his hands along each cheek of the uniquely shaded dragonet, ”Oh, you beauty....You wonderful thing, you...” They were whispered words between them, his mind full of nothing but joy and love for the first time in....Well, in a long time. But turns of training and knowing how to be a Rider kicked in, and he stood, ”Let's get you fed, and get that wing looked at, Pavoth.” And the pair headed for the other weyrlings feeding theirs, a dragonhealer already standing forward , waiting for them.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
~:Stories:~ ~:Monies:~ ~:Plotter:~
Marvealle
Site Admin
Title: Foxy Prince
Pronouns: Any

Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:53 pm

The next egg began to hatch, and Raevin watched attentively as the hole popped out and the hatchling worked his way out of the egg. A fine pewter, he thought. Sure, he was understated in appearance compared to his clutchmates, but he was handsome. Raevin liked his color... wait... did he see...? When the hatchling passed light, it almost looked like he glimmered in spots with a different color. Perhaps it was just a trick of the glows on his dark hide, he thought at first, standing straighter again when the hatchling came near.

The little pewter moved through all the candidates, male and female alike, Raevin included, but he moved on from each of them, and each time light hit his hide Raevin swore he saw something there. Even after the hatchling had moved past him, Raevin couldn't help but stare at him, hoping to figure out what it was that he was seeing. None of the other hatchlings had the lights play such tricks on their hides, and already they had seen a few oddities in this clutch, shards, their sire was an oddity himself, so it wasn't such a stretch to think there could be yet another one.

When the hatchling announced that none of them were what he was looking for, Raevin too worried a little, though he worried more for the potential of a betweening than more injuries. Then the hatchling ran over to the stands and started to call up for someone, hopping, trying to get into the stands himself but not being able to due to being so small and not near any stairs. For a moment, Raevin seriously considered getting some of the other candidates to try and help the hatchling get up, but that was a risky idea. Raevin's hesitation, however, gave enough time for the hatchling to call out to someone specifically, and that person to rush down to meet with the dragonet.

At least a tragedy was avoided, Raevin thought with a sigh of relief. However, he felt disappointment buzz in his heart. Now there were only two eggs left. Two eggs. He wasn't going to give up hope, but he was aware of his remaining odds. Already he was mentally preparing himself to be left standing again, telling himself it wasn't the first time he had been left standing, and he had turns of hatchings ahead of him to keep trying. And he would keep trying until he aged out.
Atricis: Next Generation
~..:: Character & Thread Tracker | Marks Tracker ::..~
Nali ..::||::.. K'rin ..::||::.. M'ir ..::||::.. Raevin ..::||::.. Inakil ..::||::.. Elias ..::||::.. Sterling ..::||::.. Lolena'vas ..::||::.. Rey'vas
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
LdyPayne

Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:33 am

The number of eggs was down to a handful and from everything he had seen so far Zilelmos was convinced the clutches here couldn't be typical of other Weyrs. He had never been to a hatching up North but he had heard a few things about clutches in Ista Weyr never having any non traditional colours. Since coming to New Atricis however Zilelmos saw plenty of variety among the dragons from Garnets and Pewters to the twin Pyrites and Opals too. Add in Zultanites, sport colours and chimeras Atricis was a right mix of dragonkind.

Should he really be surprised this clutch, the first he stood for ever to be such a mix? Zilelmos really had no idea what sort of dragon he would want, something traditional like a brown or bronze or even a modest blue or green? OR would he be happier with something like a Pewter or Pyrite? The Nerat native gave a mental shrug. When it came down to it he would want a dragon who worked as hard as he did, what color he or she was didn't matter to him in the long run.

Perhaps it was just as well he came to this conclusion as the next egg to hatch was definitely something he never seen before. She was beautiful with her garnet base color and white lace and diamond pattern. The fact she Impressed to one of the injured girls, or at last from the way she kept flinching and acting like she was in pain he assumed she was hurt. The next dragon to hatch wasn't as pretty but still quite impressive. At least visually.

Zilelmos didn't consider himself a closed minded or even overly traditional sort of person but hearing a brown with a voice like a female was very disconcerting for him. Definitely not a normal thing, for what should always be male to sound so female. He exhaled and gave his head a shake, whether he approved of it or not it was clear the brown was living and would likely serve the Weyr like any other dragon. Besides she went and Impressed the other injured Candidate and she would be his problem to deal with. Others probably won't even know she was female unless she told them after the Hatching was done.

The next egg to hatch produced something that Zilelmos couldn't categorize at all. It looked like a garnet but with so much white he didn't know if she was some mix like the previous Garnet/Pewter or something new altogether. It was easy to tell she was female but that didn't make it any easier for him to recognize what she was. Perhaps he'll ask later if he could find the words. What he didn't expect however was her approach to look up at him. For a moment his heart stopped, was this exotic creature to be his? Then he heard her words in his mind and realized she was just noticing how new he was on the Sands. He didn't know what to say to that, so he simply nodded. He was new to Standing and he certainly agreed she was also new to hatching, not something one cold experience more than once. He likely will experience Standing more than once but even that wasn't unusual. He watched as she moved on past to approach the sickly looking Candidate he had noticed earlier and Impressed her.

He was starting to feel the only way one could Impress from this Hatching was if they were injured or sick to start with. He gave a soft grunt and shake of his head. Zilelmos wasn't going to throw himself before a Hatchling in the hopes to get injured to improve his chances of Impressing.

A pewter was the next to hatch or so he thought it was a Pewter. When it headed for the Stands and into a pool of light formed by glows and candlelight, he was amazed to see the blues and greens swirling through his wings and forming spots over the pewter's body. it was an iridescence so much like the feathers of exotic birds he knew the girls would find him as pretty as many others. Zilelmos may feel this entire Hatching has been producing unusual dragons but he couldn't deny each and ever one was uniquely beautiful and handsome in ways he didn't expect hatchlings to be.

Somebody from the Stands, clearly the R'fael the pewter had called for, came down and vaulted over the wall to join his new lifemate/ The man looked older than most Candidates but he was no more a Candidate than the girl the first Garnet had found in the Stands. Wasn't there enough Candidates on the Sands for these hatchlings that they have to pick from the spectators?

So very strange. He exhaled and turned to look at the very few remaining eggs. Will these last even hatch? Even if they did he may not be chosen but Zilelmos knew he will Stand till he was told he was too old to Stand. After that he had no doubts he could find work, perhaps return to being a Sailor or a guard for Caravans, both work he could do for many decades to come. But a dragon was still something he was hoping for, it was just practical to know he had other paths if this one didn't pan out.
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:01 am

Tag: Galana, Laikanu
Alastair was quick to get the board, and just as quick to make a return. There was no time to delay with an injury like this, and with... He glanced over his shoulder and saw another Impression being made. Well, it seemed as though the eggs, the final ones, were in the throes of hatching. There was a little more time then, but that still didn't mean this injury could take the delay. He was offered a board by one of the healers on the sidelines and thanked the young woman before returning to Laikanu and Galana. "Back."

Now was the time to get him on the board and off the sands, whether to the side for a further examination or back to the infirmary. Galana was the more senior of the two Journeymen, so he would defer decision on the matter to her as she they were treating him. Still, he was there to assist and treat, and do that he would. With a nod, he set the board down on the ground, as flat as he could get it, as close to the other man as he could get it, and then glanced at Galana. "Ready when you are."

Tag: Nali
Rath smiled and gently lifted Nali up, not caring if he got her blood on him. There was already all manner of bits on his clothing, and he was already planning on a nice, hot soak before checking on patients, having a bite to eat, and going to sleep for the night. He made sure the young woman was secure in his arms, then glanced down at her young dragon, so far down on the ground compared to his tall height. "Don't worry there, little lad, just follow me and I'll make sure she gets to safety."

True to his word, the dragonkinhealer carried her to the sides where a healer, a human one, was waiting to take care of her from there. He didn't let her go immediately though, insisting instead on making sure she was settled someplace comfortable before he did that. Once she was, he bowed before her and her dragon and smiled once more. "To you and your lad, congratulations once more, weyrling, and thank you for your future service to the skies."
Dirce L'van D'kellen D'ante V'ric Na'vi K'rios J'on
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Fali'vas Koda'vis Melangell Cataren Sianca Feraliss Yaranavexa Rathiran
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Compendium | NPC Archive | Wanted Connections | Marks Tracker | Emporium

[ Threads Wanted ]

“It's better to write something, anything, than to starve the monster. The monster must feed. And it will feed on your soul if not your words. Its appetite is insatiable. Write to save yourself from the monster.”
― Don Roff ―