Rebirth (68th Dragon Hatching, PC)

A large natural cavern found by the initial expedition. It has been cleared out and filled with sand. Naturally flowing hotspring pools inside the cavern keeps this cavern warm enough for dragon eggs, but also makes it very humid with all the steam from the hotspring waters.
Marvealle
Site Admin
Title: Foxy Prince
Pronouns: Any

Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:20 pm

True to the nature of this clutch, no one was given much time to breathe. The healers were hardly given enough time to take stock of the injuries from the garnet before the next egg was hatching now. The Forest River Egg rumbled in place, shaking to and fro with power behind it. Once it started to shake, it didn’t stop or slow, the greenish toned shell breaking with cracks here and there. Not that the hatching had begun, the dragonet within would not be stopped. Soon there were many points of cracking across the shell, those cracks beginning to spread quickly with each subsequent rattle of the egg.

Then wings burst from the egg.

A pair of baby wings, still strong enough to break the weakened shell, had freed themselves of the shell, and immediately something was clearly different about those wings. While they were shaped and sized like any hatchling wings one would expect, the colors were… well, they were two. It wouldn’t be the first time this was seen, but it was the first time seen on Atricis sands in a number of turns.

The hatchling didn’t care if something was different or not though, and just wanted to be free. Wings flapped angrily, breaking more of the shell around them. Shards and sand flew this way and that with the baby’s violent flapping, only stopping when the hatchling had freed itself.Enough of the shell had broken, and now there was only a platform of the egg left in one piece. A few shards of shell stuck to the hatchling and their wings, but no one really noticed that beyond that brilliance of her hide.

The brunt of her body appeared red, like the garnet before her, but the underside of her body and diamond shapes on her wings and her flanks were very far from being red. At first people wondered if this little chimera was part opal, but as she moved and the metallic sheen across every ounce of her hide showed that no, her hide wasn’t white in those spots, it was a light silvery color, like a pewter. Clearly, this young one was part garnet, part pewter.

Really, there's no need for all the gawking. The little chiemra harrumphed to everyone, her feminine mindspeech brushing across those that heard her, revealing her as being female. Her tail flickered and her wings shuttered before she folded them up. I may be great, but I am really not so strange or so special. I can hardly feel the one that calls for me among all your muttering, so do quiet down so I can focus. She shook her head and snorted here, finally standing on her feet fully and looking out over the candidates.

It appears chaos has been sewn by one of my clutchsiblings. I can feel you out there, however. She didn’t move immediately though, standing there for a moment, looking out toward the candidates, before she snorted. I suppose I will have to come to you then.

She set off then, a sure, powerful gait that only slightly told of the usual hatchling awkwardness in her legs. She didn’t walk perfectly straight, but she didn’t stumble, and she seemed to be one of the hatchlings that knew exactly where she was going. After all, there was just too much going on around her, and she was far too hungry to take her time in choosing. She already sensed the mind for her, and she was sure she knew which one held that mind that felt so right to her.

I see you are shaken, and trying to protect them, but I do need you to move aside. The chimera hatchling said to Sunaia, hardly waiting for the girl to step aside if she did before she just stepped around her, possibly even bumping into her but hopefully leaving the girl unharmed. She had somewhere to be, but she wasn’t so unreasonable to injure the girl just trying to protect others.

Daela. Daela, my dear. The chimera commanded Daela, beside Varric. She gave the male on the ground a glance, but then looked straight to Daela, coming close to her. I see that you are worried, and you are feeling a great deal in your heart and body, but it is I that needs you now. The lad is in capable hands. Worry all you want, but we cannot sit here. I need feeding, now.
Baby Only Picture

-:- Impressed To -:-
Daela (Fawkes)
-:- Personality -:-
Determined, Outgoing, Commanding, Impatient, Passionate
-:- Color Codes -:-
#B72334, C3C3D0
-:- Final Size -:-
45 ft.
Color Note: Israfeth is a Garnet-Pewter Chimera.
Mutation Note: Though a small bump now, as Israfeth grows, a long, gently curved silvery horn will grow on her forehead and continue to grow until she is two turns old..
Hatched from: Image The Forest River Egg
Atricis: Next Generation
~..:: Character Tracker & Plotter | Marks Tracker ::..~
Nali ..::||::.. K'rin ..::||::.. M'ir ..::||::.. Raevin ..::||::.. Inakil ..::||::.. Elias ..::||::..
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
..::||::.. Sterling ..::||::.. Vithire ..::||::.. Lolena'vas ..::||::.. Rey'vas ..::||::..
Talonflame

Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:42 pm

( Tag: Cataren; Niomi; Varric )
While waiting for the young man’s answer to her question, Alassiel took the opportunity to look over the clutch. They had started with twenty eggs originally, and twelve of them had hatched so far. One egg was a set of twins, so out of the twelve eggs, thirteen young dragons had actually hatched. It was a good, strong clutch, but they were officially in the final stretch of the Hatching, with over half of the eggs gone and their former inhabitants bonded to their lifemates. If she had to be honest with herself, however, she was rather curious about what the two largest eggs of the clutch had in store for them. One of them was a yellowish color that, in her honest opinion, could have easily been taken to be a queen egg. The other, however, was a diluted shade of purple that seemed far closer to a grayish lavender than anything, and this was the egg that had captured her attention most.

Almost as if her thoughts spurred them on, the largest egg started to wiggle, pulling the attention of all in the cavern straight to it. But it wasn’t the yellowish egg that hatched first, but rather the grayish egg beside it that started to shake and crack first. The smaller egg actually managed to wiggle itself away from its larger neighbor, the movements causing larger cracks to form in the shell. Pieces started to fall away as well, falling to the sand while the protective membrane beneath the shell was left intact. This was the moment many on the sands had been waiting for, and Alassiel as well, frankly. Once, twice, and finally three times a nose pushed against the membrane, breaking it and revealing a clearly red-colored snout. Ah, so a garnet was going to be the next to hatch! The young woman had been present when the very first garnet broke her shell, and she had to admit that she held a soft spot for them.

The hatchling’s nostrils flared as she took her first breaths of fresh air, then set to work freeing herself from her shell. She managed to push the rest of her head out of the egg, but she managed to trap herself once again when her chest was about to emerge. She squawked in irritation, telling the egg that she would be free of it at last as she latched onto the shell with her jaws, yanking pieces away, throwing them aside with such force that some of them actually struck nearby candidates. But thankfully, there was no real harm done there so far. Another squawk, and the shell finally gave way, crumbling beneath her and pitching her forward as the top of the shell fell with her. She made quick work of it, however, by spreading her wings and splitting it neatly in two, prompting the young woman to smile warmly at the little female’s wit.

As the little garnet started to peruse the candidates, moving to find her lifemate as well, Alassiel took the time to answer Cataren. She had been listening intently to what he had to say, and when her eyes fell back on him, she already had a good enough idea of what was going on to form some sort of answer on it. “Well met, Cataren,” she started, offering him a smile before continuing on. “I know it’s hard to see it any other way, but you most certainly have not failed her in that regard. You are here, and though it’s true that you missed the very first moment, that still doesn’t affect the fact that you were here for her nonetheless. Surely she’ll understand.” Of course, she wasn’t sure if she sounded convincing in the slightest, but perhaps he would understand that no, he definitely hadn’t failed anyone. To fail her as fantastically as he thought he had, he would have had to be completely absent from the hatching grounds, and that simply wasn’t the case.

A collective sense of shock from the rest of the spectators caught her attention, and Alassiel quickly turned her gaze to the sands. The garnet seemed to have looked over all but one of the female candidates, and the hatchling was now starting to show obvious signs of panic as she approached the last female that she had yet to study. As she studied the girl, it seemed as if she wasn’t right for her either, and the little female’s eyes started to whirl with more yellows than before, making her anxiety all the clearer to those who were watching. “Oh, look. None of the candidates seem to be a match for her… no, little one, look to the stands! There are more people here, please look here.” Her own anxiety was growing with the garnet’s, her mind starting to race as she struggled to consider what would happen if she didn’t find a suitable mind. No, best not to dwell on the potential for despair, she told herself firmly as the little garnet seemed to grow more and more fearful.

I am sorry if I overlooked you, please do not hide from me. The anxiety in the hatchling’s voice was practically palpable now, and her heart leapt into her throat, fear for the dragonet reigning above anything else. One of the candidates that she had looked over stepped in front of her then, hoping perhaps to force an Impression in order to spare the little garnet from betweening. “No, you fool,” Alassiel whispered, her worry for the dragonet switching to the candidate for just a moment as she realized what was happening. “That’s the worst thing you could do for her!” And there, she was proven right as the garnet cried out, her head snapping forward to grab the girl’s leg in her jaws and yank it out from underneath her, blood appearing as even the small teeth that the garnet had was enough to tear into the flesh. Without looking, she turned and ran, knocking another candidate to the sand as well and stepping all over him, continuing to desperately search for her own.

She called out again, this time asking the candidates to stop focusing on each other and help her find her rider. She lashed out at another of the candidates, and an audible gasp escaped Alassiel as she realized that it was Varric that the garnet had torn into this time. She half stood at the realization, making to move to the sands herself to help her friend, but she soon realized that he would be alright, the garnet hadn’t harmed him fatally and there were healers who were far closer and far more useful to him than she was. To rush onto the sands now would be foolish, she told herself firmly as she forced herself to settle back down into her seat, frustrated that she couldn’t help him. And there, the garnet was in front of another young woman, apologizing to the girl and bumping into the candidate with her head as if she could force the bond to happen. But perhaps it simply wasn’t right, Alassiel thought with a slight shrugging of her shoulders, careful not to disturb Persephone as the little gold gemlet had curled up in the crook of her neck.

It was then that silence fell upon the cavern, every eye on the garnet as despair started to settle in. The little hatchling’s head dipped until her snout touched the sand, her hide graying in the clear sign that she was giving in. A candidate called out then, telling the garnet to try the stands, there were plenty of girls there. Yes, yes! Please try the stands, Alassiel tried to beg silently, willing the garnet to choose one of the girls in the stands, any one would do so long as she stayed! Without another word, the garnet ran to the stands, not caring if she knocked anyone down along the way, before starting to scramble up the steps leading into the stands. Alassiel noticed with an appreciative grin as some of the nearer spectators started to even help the little hatchling up the steps, urging her onwards. The garnet was no longer speaking, desperately searching the stands for the young woman that she was meant to find. As she neared the spot where Alassiel and Cataren were sitting, she started to worry more and more, and even reached out for a moment to help the hatchling as she drew closer. She was getting tired, panting and her sides heaving with each breath. A light keening was starting to emanate from her, her hide graying again with despair. No, no, this simply couldn’t happen!

There you are! the garnet cried out with a trumpet and such intensity in her voice that Alassiel was certain that the whole cavern heard her as she lunged forward, falling before Alassiel with her energy nearly spent. My Alassiel, I have found you. I am so sorry for not knowing you were up here. Oh, and those poor candidates that I hurt. I did not mean it, I was scared I would not find you. But please, I am tired and I am hungry. I need you, my Alassiel.

Alassiel simply stared down at the hatchling in shock for a moment, blinking incredulously at the garnet at her feet as she struggled to make sense of the situation. Wait… the garnet had called her by name, had called her hers. This was… this beautiful creature was her dragon? She had actually managed to Impress, two Turns after aging out of candidacy? She shook her head, processing her thoughts before kneeling down, her hands moving to help the garnet rise to her feet, all at once feeling the hatchling’s hunger and exhaustion, her relief at finding her, and knowing the name of her bondmate. “My beautiful Akath,” she whispered, helping her dragon start down the stairs once again, realizing more than once that she had to lift the dragon’s front half from time to time to keep her upright. “I’m sorry I wasn’t closer, my love. We’ll get you something to eat right away, don’t you worry. Then we can both rest easy, now that we have each other.”

You shouldn’t be sorry, Akath commented as they reached the sands at last, the both of them turning to reach the place where the buckets of food for the hatchlings were being handed out. You had no way of knowing that I was searching for you. I’m so glad that I managed to find you before I gave in to that despair, however. And with that, the garnet seemed to have more energy, though she still leaned against her rider as they were handed a bucket of food. Akath glanced over her siblings, her gaze settling on one of her sisters and crooning softly to her. I hope that you found your rider without the complications that I did, sister. I wish that fear on no one.

Alassiel glanced towards the other dragonet, smiling when she realized that it was the green who had bonded to Cataren’s “friend”. Ah, perfect opportunity to get to know her fellow weyrling, and perhaps to make a new friend of her own. “Well met, Niomi! I was eager to meet you after hearing all the wonderful things Cataren had to say about you.” Akath, don’t forget to apologize to those candidates later. But first, wish my friend luck? His name is Varric, he’s one of the ones you need to apologize to.

Of course, my love, the garnet stated, acquiescing to her rider’s wishes and reaching out to touch the mind of the young man in question. It was a strange feeling now, touching another mind that was not her Alassiel’s, but she didn’t mind it so long as it was temporary Your name is… what was it again… Varric, yes? My Alassiel sends well wishes to you, and I’m sure she would like to visit with you after everything is all said and done. I would also like to apologize for my behavior earlier. I was scared, and lashed out at you because of it. You didn’t deserve that, and I am sorry. I hope I didn’t hurt you too badly.
Last edited by Talonflame on Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
.::| Alassiel of Akath .::|::. Rh'van of Armaitath .::|::. Kyrielle .::|::. D'aen of Rhovanioth |::.
ImageImageImageImage

.::| Saelle |::.

.::| Character Tracker .::|::. Marks Tracker |::.
ShadowMoon

Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:18 am

She took a second to respond. "Yes, I am a leather worker. I can help them make the straps to make sure they don't get loose underwater." And, and leather is so useful, she thought defensively. "I don't have to know everything about how it can be used for it to be useful! I can figure it out when I get there!"

While they were talking a beautiful baby dragon came up to her and had rejected her in the most cutest way, Cecily didn't care that she had just been rejected, she was so caught up on how adorable the baby dragon was. Then that faded away quickly because the baby dragon had just caused more blood on the sand, because she couldn't find the right person. Cecily had worried the baby dragon would die. Cecily got so overwhelmed about what was happening she could barely process what had just happened.
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:30 am

Tag: Daela/Israfeth, Sunaia, Lyndah, Alassiel/Akath
Vare was barely aware of what was going on beyond the bubble that surrounded him. There was Daela, yes, she was right there. Then there was the healer and she was saying something, that much he was aware of. He was certain Sunny was there still but he couldn't be certain. He heard the healer say something about his stomach, or he could have sworn she had, but he couldn't be certain of that, and while it wasn't growing hazy, it was becoming a little more difficult to think clearly. He frown, and wrinkled his nose, because he could have sworn he'd been on his knees a moment ago and why was he suddenly on his back? How come he was only now just realizing he was in that state?

~It will be alright, stay awake and focus, concentrate. The healers will see to it you are taken care of so don't worry.~ The voice said to him, and he had no choice but to listen to it, even though his eyes felt so heavy, and he wanted nothing more than to close them. It would have been nice, just for a moment, to shut them. He wanted to ask the voice why he couldn't, but he had the feeling his voice - would it have come out right? - wouldn't have reached it. His mind wasn't exactly coming to him properly. He wasn't sure why, and he couldn't imagine why that was. The pain perhaps, the loss of blood, he wasn't sure which exactly.

Your name is… what was it again… Varric, yes? My Alassiel sends well wishes to you, and I’m sure she would like to visit with you after everything is all said and done. I would also like to apologize for my behavior earlier. I was scared, and lashed out at you because of it. You didn’t deserve that, and I am sorry. I hope I didn’t hurt you too badly. Another voice entered his mind, and he let his head fall back, his eyes glossing over a moment. He tried to respond, but it came in choppy thoughts. But he smiled. Alassiel had bonded to the garnet. Good. They had a good home.

Not your fault, darling. Just worry... about... your rider. He would have said more, but it was hurting to think. He knew he was going to be fine. He was certain of it. But the pain, it was the pain for him that was making it difficult to think, not realizing that the blood loss wasn't helping matters at all. He frowned and tried to consider what he would do if it was worse than he thought it was, if there was more blood than he'd thought there was, but he didn't want to imagine that. He wanted to think it was just a scratch, and he'd bounce back from this and be just fine. He felt his eyes grow heavy, and heard that voice in his head again, he was certain of it - the first one, the one that had assured him to keep them open and...

He forced his eyes to remain open, and at least thanked the first voice as much as he could, not realizing it was the pewterrider's dragon, trying to listen to the voices around him. He was certain he heard Daela's beautiful voice, and whenever he did, his fingers wriggled and reached for her with a smile. He couldn't help but chuckle at one point and try to lift his head so he could see her, and when he did, despite the pain, he saw... the most glorious sight in the world - a beautiful creature with an equally beautiful creature, and it was as though his pull for his Dancer had come true. She had her dragon, and it was as it was meant to be.

There were no words, nothing that he could say at the moment. Except he knew he needed to try. He reached for Daela again, and managed to take hold of her hand, gently tugged her with what waning strength he had. He was aware of another healer approaching, but he needed to do this before she could wander off with her bond. "Go with her." He said softly, bringing her fingers to his lips and kissing them. "A beautiful creature for my beautiful Dancer. Please take care of her, darling." He said, speaking to Israfeth.

Tag: Laikanu, Mila, Nali, Galana
Rath glanced at Aranrod and Mila, nodding at them after Nali had spoken. "The two of you really need to get to the sidelines. It'll be safer for the two of you and you," he nods to Mila. "Can be seen there for your head. Just take it nice and slow, and one of the healers will meet you half-way if you flag them down. I'll make sure your friend gets off the sands just fine, and Alastair and Galana will make sure the young man is taken care of." The Master insisted, knowing their dragons needed to be tended to immediately - surely they were hungry and in need of food by this point? He then turned to Nali, certain the other young women would heed his words, and offered her his hand. "Congratulations, young weyrling. If you'd like, this humble Master would be happy to carry you over to the sides. You can assure this strapping lad of yours that I'll make swift work of it so you can be seen immediately."

Alastair, knowing they needed to be cautious, glanced at Galana. "We have spinal boards. I'll go grab one." Back injuries always needed to be taken seriously, she knew that as well as he did, and making sure he was kept on on would probably be best. It was a firm surface and would be best. He touched Laikanu's shoulder and stood, moving off of the sands and glancing in time to see a pretty garnet-pewter that had just Impressed, his eyes a little wide for a moment before he shook his head. No time to stare at such a wonder, he'd pick someone's brain over such a happening later. He grabbed one of the spinal boards and hurried back over, setting it on the sands next to the downed candidate. "Alright, we've got the means to move him now. We need to do this before things become too much more hectic." Well, anymore than they already were...
Lanni
Pronouns: She/Her

Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:47 am

*Halimila & Arduinnath*
Tagging: Aranrod, Nali, Rath, Alistair and Galana

With the mind newly attached to her own it was hard for Halimila to break apart the world around her into manageable pieces. There was the hunger, the burning hunger that had the world spinning oddly. There was the worry that danced between dragon and girl that didn’t seem to settle on any one thing around them but rather all things. But the biggest thing? The one thing that had Mila’s heart aching? The love. The absolute love that colored everything else between Arduinnath and herself. She might not have the words to describe the bond between them but the love? It was bigger than anything she had ever felt before. So when the Healer master suggested that they work together to reach the sidelines, it only took a few moments of silent communication between Green and girl for Arduinnath to untangle herself from her rider.

Come, Halimila, we can trust these healers. I’m sure my siblings are just as hungry as I and we need to get you taken care of too, Arduinnath said nuzzling the girl into a sitting position. There the green waited for the world to right itself again before trying to help Halimila onto her feet. Zenith, sister? Could yours help her up? My Mila is a bit much for me to lift just yet, Arduinnath asked her larger sister. It stung the young green that she wasn’t able to help Halimila without aide but one day it would be just the two of them.

As she waited for a response from Zenith and Aranrod, Halimila took a moment to check on Laikanu’s wounds. While she couldn’t see much from her position Hali blanched a bit at the sight of red growing on her friend’s back. Needing a distraction, Halimila tore her brown gaze off the man to check on Nali and her leg. It wasn’t as bad as Arduinnath’s fears had pushed on her but Mila was glad that there were talented healers about to help them. “Take care of my brother,” Mila said softly hoping that her words wouldn’t push Arduinnath to being possessive again.

“I’ll be fine, Mi,” Laikanu said quickly before answering the female healer’s questions. “I moved my fingers just a bit ago. Had to check on those ribs you know,” He admitted with a grimace. “As for my toes go, I haven’t been that brave just yet. Maybe I should before the board gets here?” He finished as the male healer released his shoulder. “Thank goodness for sandals. Can you see them yet?” He asked trying to distract himself from the possibility that he had real damage done to his back. Lai couldn’t tell if they were moving a whole lot but he could feel the shifting sand around them.

As he waited for the board to arrive, a sudden thought came to him. He had lost track of the hatching. Again. Something he had never done in the past. His blue eyes flew open as he tried to check on the status of the eggs and their contents.Unfortunately from his position all he could see were white robes and brown sand. “Hey? Could someone fill me in? I can hear the reactions of folks but I have no idea what’s going on…. Take pity on the injured guy?”
Fawkes
Junior Admin
Title: The Majestic Birb
Pronouns: She/Her, or Birb

Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:20 am

Shortly after the garnets' chaotic break through the candidates, it seemed that the remaining eggs were still alive with vigor and contained within them the last surprises this clutch had to offer, each of them itching to get free as soon as possible. The twins were first, and then the chimera came in a close second and while all eyes seemed trained on the rosy creature, the next egg gave a mighty wobble and nearly rolled itself out of it's wallow. A heavy thump was heard from within, a webbing of cracks appearing where the impact was made. Again, and again the hatchling within kicked against it's confines, until finally the shell began to gave way and a large chunk of it broke free and went flying into the crowd of white robes.

The two dangling forelegs that hung there were unmistakably russet brown in color and even though they looked quite plain now, this little hatchling still had a few tricks in that shell of his. The paws retracted and then began to kick at the edges, breaking off pieces at a time of the shell, obviously in quite the hurry to be free as most hatchlings were. From inside the shell though, a keening could be heard, a soft whine as the brown worked harder at it's prison, until suddenly the whole bottom of the egg gave away against the force and the momentum sent the hatchling within tumbling head over tail onto the sands. The dragonet gave a squeal of surprise as the world went spinning by, and limbs flailed to find purchase, catching on the sands and flopping the hatchling onto his side and came skidding to a stop.

That was not at all how I pictured this would go... The russet colored brown seemed to muse to... herself. Yes, that voice was something much more feminine than one would expect from a brown, and only seemed to add to the oddities that had Hatched already. First a male green, and now a female brown, it was enough to make the head spin and the staunchest of Holders to feel faint. I promise, it was meant to be a much more, elegant entrance. She continued as she brought all four feet under her, planting them firmly and rose onto shaky legs, not quite sharing her chimers sisters' assurance right from the shell. It took a moment or two for the hatchling not to wobble or feel like she was going to fall over again, and once had to spread her wings to give her a little more balance and that's when she revealed another surprise.

While the topside of her wings shared the same plain brown as her body, the underside showed a remarkable network of colors and darkened 'veins' that resembled what an insects wing would look like. Rich golds and oranges decorated the underside of her wings, and yet when she folded her wings and tucked them against her side once more, the display seemed to disappear from view. Along her backside were pale speckles that seemed to blur her shape slightly as she moved, and her underbelly looked like the forest floor in autumn as 'leaves' seemed to pile in rich fall tones along her underbelly. The female brown had barely noticed the raised murmurs about her beauty and instead, the hatchling knew she had an agenda to keep to, and she had already dawdled long enough, so she began to pick up her feet carefully and aimed toward the candidates.

Her mind seemed to cast a net over everyone around her, but once she found that kindred spirit she knew at once that they were meant to be. A sudden trumpet of alarm escaped the dragonet at the pains she felt from her bonded and the little fawn brown spurned her legs to hurry, though she did try her best not to stumble and fall again. Oh dear! If only I had Hatched a little sooner, then this wouldn't have happened! She called out, those scurrying feet carrying her along the same path that the chimera had just taken. In fact the rosy hatchling had already laid a claim on the girl kneeling down beside her chosen, and oh my, what was that coming out of him?

My Varric! I'm so sorry I didn't get here sooner. I promise I wont dawdle again, I'll always be with you and wont let anything bad ever happen to you again, as long as we both shall live. The hatchling mewled and stepped in closer to the prone young man, a dark nose finding his cheek and nuzzling him ever so gently. She knew he was hurting, in more ways that one and the little dragonet crouched down low, a humming sound echoing in her throat as she lay down beside Varric.

I will stay with him, go with my sister now. The little fawn brown said politely, lifting her gaze ever so slightly to eye the young woman that lingered over him. The hatchling had known from the egg that this lovely girl was special to her bonded, and she would never dream of pushing her away, yet there were other things that the girl needed to be doing instead. A rumble from her chimera sibling seemed to add some weight to the words as well and the girl seemed to slip out of her reverie to follow each of the hatchlings' commands and slowly rose to her feet. There were tears in the girls' eyes, from what the brown couldn't be sure of, but with a whispered promise to stay as close as she could, the young woman and her chimera sibling began to move away and the autumn hatchling nuzzled a little closer to her bonded.

Your Rumith is here now, and you have to stay awake and focus on me, okay? Stay with me Varric. The dragonet bespoke, her rainbow gaze settling on the young man and keeping his eyes on her as she hummed contently. You are going to be just fine my love. They will get you all better and then we can follow your heart, yes? I now know that she is indeed far more than just a lovely girl, isn't she? Rumith said with the hint of mirth in her tone for the young man, asking him questions, keeping him focused while the healers worked. The sooner he was patched up, the sooner she could eat and he could be reunited with this Dancer of his Heart.

Baby Only Picture

Varric (Ember)
Dedicated, Vain, Reserved, Romantic, Formal
#714B2B, #DEC7A2, #342615, #DD9136 , #B35417
45 ft.

Mutation Note: Genderbent. Despite the appearance of a brown hide, this dragon is decidedly female.
When Rumith does come of age, she will still Rise to Mate at least once a Turn, however the mutation of her gender has rendered her sterile.

Hatched from - Image The Pastel Tranquility Egg

---------------------
{Daela Impression post to come, I just know she will be long winded and I don't have the brain power right now to piece it all together tonight. Just know, that she is surprised and stunned, torn in two between staying and going, yet eventually doing as Israfeth and Varric tell her to do...}
This Intoxication Thrills Me,
I Only Pray It Doesn't Kill Me

Safryn ~* *~ Kitiara ~* *~ V'an ~* *~ Ay'li ~* *~ Elysia ~* *~ Kent ~* *~ Isolde ~* *~ Omri'vis ~* *~ Daela
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Weyrwoman || Wingsecond || Weyrling Asst. || Wingleader || Wingthird || Wingrider || Weyr Guard || Strikeleader || Candidate

If You Want Something You've Never Had,
You Must Be Willing To Do Something You've Never Done.

#332500/#C1A00C | #8AA259 | #A8482A | #B69064 | #667A8C | #155710 | #969696 | #181D68
~ Character Tracker ~ | * Marks Tracker *
Caryatid

Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:56 am

There was a moment after the chimera hatched when Sunaia judged the completely focused path taken by the infant as ending with her. Her heart skipped-- and then that mind touched hers, sharing an unmistakable message. Move, or be moved.

She opted to move. Though, as she did so, she called out, "I think she's coming to you, eyes up!" just in case newly hatched enthusiasm won over coordinated focus.

At least the infant wasn't charging, she judged that there'd be no harm done to Daela or Varric, or the healer labouring over the young man. She slid aside and had an excellent vantage from which to study the unique colouration with which the chimera was adorned. Like rose silk,finely woven to catch the light and shimmer with every movement. A beautiful combination and one which she judged would suit Daela very, very well, as the rainbow gleam of Impression swirled over the young woman's face, reflected from the dragon's eyes.

Far faster was the brown which seemed to come out of nowhere to fuss over Varric. Sunaia watched long enough to ensure no further harm would be done anyone before she mustered herself to turn back to the few remaining eggs. So few left, and so many candidates remained on the sands. But this at least was a moment she was all too familiar with. Things began to slow, people began to focus less on the moment and more on what would follow; she knew the script and there was a comfort in that. Part of her might ache to be here yet again but experience, at least, helped her think clearly. Shaken still, yes, but focusing once again.

She took stock. Her hair was wet through with sweat, plastered heavy against her neck and back. Her robe was likewise heavier and wet, and stained with things she'd rather not consider. Her feet hurt, her knees were unsteady, her lungs were grumbling unhappily in her chest. But...

At the feast, there'd be food and music and dancing. There would be cold drinks, which would be a sweet luxury after so many hours spent sweating in the Hatching Cavern's heat. She had a pretty dress picked out, and after she asked her father for a dance, maybe she'd be bold and brave enough to see if Mar'lus was willing to take a turn on the dancefloor too. The way Daela and Varric had looked at each other was a reminder of there being other things in the world that were worth focusing on. Even if it was a silly crush, he was pleasant company and if she danced with Papa first, maybe he wouldn't be too upset...
Talonflame

Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:09 pm

( Open )
And there, things were picking up yet again, and quickly. The green who had been standing next to her zultanite sister, aggravated at the other green for bowling her over like she had, turned away from that group, the irritation visible in her faceted eyes as she walked away. She was a beauty, that one, and any of the candidates would certainly be luck to have her call them her own. Not that Kyrielle held any hopes for herself being that candidate, as it seemed that the green knew where she was going, and that was decidedly not in her direction. And it was a good thing, as well, because the young woman didn’t want to get her hopes up to be dashed so quickly, she mused as the green made Impression. Feeling like she knew the girl the green bonded to from somewhere before, the young woman glanced towards the stands, her suspicions confirmed when she saw Cataren in the crowd where the newly bonded rider was looking. She didn’t know the young man well enough to consider him a friend yet, but he was certainly a fine conversation partner, and that made him a definite acquaintance. She would have to make something for the pair that matched later, she decided with an emphatic nod as she turned her gaze back to the eggs, and to the zultanite still on the sands. She Impressed quickly, however, choosing one of the young women that she had been standing near, and Kyrielle offered a congratulatory clap before firmly settling her gaze back on the eggs. Focus, Kyrielle. Focus.

It wasn’t long before the largest of the eggs started to rock, though the slightly smaller one beside it decided that it was its time to shine first. She watched in amusement as the grayish egg rocked even harder, moving itself away from its sibling as cracks started to form and widen on the shell’s surface. Determined one, that, she thought with a grin as pieces started to fall away from the egg, revealing the silvery membrane underneath it. Still intact, but not for long as a decidedly reddish nose broke through, followed by an equally reddish-hued head. Ah, a garnet! Kyrielle had seen the older ones around the Weyr, and had admitted to thinking them nothing short of stunning on more than one occasion. And this one certainly followed that pattern, a dark colored head with brilliant red spots under her eyes and markings that almost looked like the petals of a flower adorning her headknobs. Yes, a sight to behold, though the shell seemed to want to trap her there for a bit longer, not allowing her to fully emerge as her chest was caught by the egg. Soon, however, the little female latched onto the shell with her jaws, tearing pieces away and throwing them with such force that several of the larger pieces made it to the first line of candidates. The young woman watched as the shards of the shell made contact, only to shatter upon impact. Good, there wouldn’t be too much, if any, damage there, and she could rest easy knowing there weren’t any serious injuries to mar the garnet’s entry into the world.

There, she had finally broken through the shell, the top falling on top of her as she hit the sands beneath her. The garnet quickly broke it by spreading her wings, however, and when she was finally fully freed from that dratted prison, she snorted her victory over the egg and looked towards the candidates. Being a garnet, of course, she wouldn’t be interested in the male candidates, so her gaze fell squarely on the young women present, Kyrielle included. Very good. Now, which one of you is perfect for me? I imagine you all have great traits, but I am afraid that there is only one of you that I can choose. And with that, she moved towards the candidates, each girl falling under her scrutiny as she walked on unsteady feet. She was no more clumsy than her other siblings, which made sense considering how new they all were to the concept of walking, and so the young woman merely watched with bated breath as the little hatchling made her rounds. It appears that many of the female minds I remember have already bonded to my siblings.That is just as well, my siblings deserve wonderful bonds. She spoke to all of them in that moment, though she soon paused before one young woman in particular, Daela if Kyrielle remembered names correctly. She spoke to the girl for a moment before stepping away, pausing before Sunaia before moving on yet again. And with that, the garnet was before her, and the weaver-turned-candidate held her breath for a moment, wondering if perhaps this gorgeous dragon was meant for her. But alas, it seemed it was not meant to be. Hmmm. Ah, I am sorry. I do hate to get all of your hopes up like this. This was said, naturally, after the garnet had stood before her for some time, giving her a fair amount of scrutinizing. Please take heart that another will find you that will be much better for you than I.

The garnet moved on, and while Kyrielle knew the words were meant to be encouraging, she couldn’t help the tears that welled in her eyes that such a wonderful creature had passed her over. The hatchling had spoken with such kindness, such hope… a true lady if she had ever heard one, and a pang of jealousy started to rise up in her heart as she watched the red colored female move on to another candidate. Though this jealousy quickly gave way to worry as it seemed to her the garnet had perused and denied Impression to every girl on the sands. No. Her breath caught in her chest as she realized what this could mean for the hatchling. And the anxious yellows starting to whirl in her eyes solidified that in her mind, the hatchling growing panicked as she started to rush around the sands again, calling to her other half to come out of hiding. One of the girls stood before her, perhaps to force an Impression, before being bitten by the garnet and knocked to the sand. The garnet lashed out at a couple of other candidates before someone called out to her, telling the dragonet to try the stands before giving up hope. Which was perfect timing, as the hatchling’s head had dipped to the sand beneath her, her hide starting to gray with despair and the imminence of a possible betweening. Yes, try the stands, you have to stay! Kyrielle watched with worry and tears still in her eyes as the garnet climbed the stands, her hide growing more vibrant with hope and finally starting to gray once again. No, she was losing the battle, she had to find her rider, and soon! A collective sigh of relief escaped both Kyrielle and the entirety of the cavern as the female finally trumpeted in victory, falling to the feet of a young woman who had moved to speak with Cataren. Good, she had Impressed and the Hatching wouldn’t be marred with the snuffing out of a young life.

She allowed her mind to relax as another egg hatched, revealing a larger than usual pyrite and an opal that caught her attention immediately because of how stunning they both were. The pyrite quickly made for the candidate that the garnet had first injured, making Impression there before the opal moved on to Impress to another candidate. Without being given time to breathe, another egg hatched, revealing a creature that Kyrielle could only describe as gorgeous. There were two distinctive colors on her hide, the red that signified garnets and the silvery hue that marked pewters, which could only mean this hatchling was a chimera. It wasn’t unheard of, as the young woman had seen chimera dragons before, but this was the first time she had seen one hatch, and she was utterly captivated by the little female as she moved towards the group of candidates near a young man that the garnet had accidentally injured. Yes, her rider was there waiting for her, the young woman that seemed the most distraught by the lad’s wounds. Ah, to see so much young love floating around merely made her jealousy rise, but really, did she have any right to be jealous of them, when she threw herself into her work so completely?

Another egg hatched, revealing a rather lovely colored brown, but it appeared as if this hatchling had some tricks of its own to show off. For while the dragonet was decidedly brown, a male color, the voice that emanated from this one’s mind was very much feminine. That wasn’t anything new to Atrician sands either, but to see one hatch from such a close range with one’s own eyes… well, it was nothing short of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, and Kyrielle was grateful to have agreed to be a candidate at this point in her life. Just like the chimera before her, the brown moved with such purpose that there was no doubt in the young woman’s mind that this hatchling knew where her rider was. And there he was, the young lad that the garnet had injured, the same lad that the chimera’s rider was hovering so protectively over. The two Impressed together, which meant that there would be no hints of bitterness between the two of them in the coming months. Not that she thought it would happen anyway, with the way the young man seemed to fawn over the girl beforehand, but there was always the chance. And with that, another chance for her to Impress was out of her hands, and she sighed heavily as she turned her gaze away from the chimera and the female brown, her eyes settling firmly on the eggs as she waited for the next one to show the first signs of hatching.
.::| Alassiel of Akath .::|::. Rh'van of Armaitath .::|::. Kyrielle .::|::. D'aen of Rhovanioth |::.
ImageImageImageImage

.::| Saelle |::.

.::| Character Tracker .::|::. Marks Tracker |::.
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:44 pm

Tag: Daela/Israfeth, Lyndah; Mentioned: Sunaia
Vare heard them say they were going to move him to one of the spinal boards to move him from the sands. It would be easier that way. Really, the wound wasn't that bad, he wanted to tell them, but they were talking so fast that it was hard to get in a word edge wise. Who was he to argue with the experts in healing really. Besides, wasn't Lyndah doing a fine enough job as it was? She was the one keeping him from bleeding out completely. He glanced at her and tugged on her sleeve, glancing up at the pewterrider with a serious expression. "You can tell me how bad it is." Whether it was a scratch or not, he wanted to know, and it seemed like no one was really telling him directly. That was annoying - how difficult was it to just tell him how he was doing? He would have shrugged it off otherwise, but this didn't feel like a situation where lifting his shoulders and brushing something aside was really in his best interests.

I promise, it was meant to be a much more, elegant entrance. He chuckled as the new voice filled his head, finding it rather amusing that the little creature had intended to arrive on a much grander scale. Didn't they all, he thought, only it never quite worked out the way they intended. He wondered what she looked like, though there were some faint whispers around him that made him suspect that she was rather unique. Oh dear! If only I had Hatched a little sooner, then this wouldn't have happened! For some reason, it was that statement that made his heart shards squeeze in his chest, and he had to lift himself up a little to look, and when did he gasped. A brown was coming towards him, and yet it was a feminine voice that had spoken to them all. But there was a tug on his soul that he'd never experienced before, not even when he'd first met Daela, and even so, he was too pained to keep himself pulled up to watch, and let himself drop back down to the sands.

My Varric! I'm so sorry I didn't get here sooner. I promise I wont dawdle again, I'll always be with you and wont let anything bad ever happen to you again, as long as we both shall live. Oh. Oh. OH. This beautiful, wonderful creature wanted him? She was nuzzling him, licking away a tear he didn't realize had tried to fall down his cheek. There was an overwhelming sense of joy and love flowing through him, the likes of which he did not know could ever exist. He tried to reach for her as she spoke to Daela, and he smiled, though that expression melted when he realized he wouldn't be able to feed her himself. Maybe he would though, if someone were to hand him a bucket. He had the odd sensation that she wouldn't feed from anyone else's hand, and she gave a little warble in confirmation.

Your Rumith is here now, and you have to stay awake and focus on me, okay? Stay with me Varric. And there it was, the rest of the link, the rest of the bond, that overwhelming sensation settling over him and making him feel whole rather than unsettled. He sighed and finally was able to touch her, his hand coming into contact with warm, damp hide that was soothing beneath his fingertips. She was beautiful to him, even if he couldn't see her fully at the moment, and he made a promise to her that he would stay, even if that tiredness was creeping up on him again. You are going to be just fine my love. They will get you all better and then we can follow your heart, yes? I now know that she is indeed far more than just a lovely girl, isn't she?

Speaking out loud was easiest, and since Lyndah would understand, and hopefully Sunny would too, he didn't think it would matter. Trying to think-speak at the moment was difficult, but Rumith rumbled softly and curled closer when a healer tried to brush her aside. She was not going to be moved from him, and she grunted at the mere mention from one of them that she was in the way. "You can work your way around her." Someone said in passing, and whoever that was, V'ric liked them immediately. Is that what you would like to be called then, my love? There was little doubt in his mind, and he nodded against her as she continued to nudge at his face and neck, making sure he didn't find reason to fall asleep. He appreciated it, the longer things went on, the heavier his eyes became. Now, I believe there was another lady of your heart you were to tell me about?

"She is the Dancer of my Heart, my Rumith. She will easily become the dancer of yours as well." But the brown mentally chuckled at that and nudged him with her nose. There was only one who had her heart in any way, and that was him. He turned to kiss her before they could move him to the spinal board, forgetting for a moment that she would not like it, and the little brown lashed out and hissed in response. "Rumith, my little lady, my love, they need to get me off the sands and you are not yet big enough to do so. Allow them to do this, and you'll be able to follow." The brown did not agree, but she felt urgency in the situation, and just wanted her V'ric to be taken care of. So she settled, and crooned, and reached out to gently nip at his fingertips.

Stepping back, the newborn allowed him to be taken off of the sands, but the moment he was settled elsewhere, she was upon him, curled up near his head and as close to him as she could get. It was the first, and the only time, she would be away from him, she promised, and Vare smiled, pleased to know that he would have her, that she would be his heart when his own was forever lost to him to a certain dancer. Now he just had to see her again and introduce his two hearts with one another. "Love, would you speak to Israfeth, ask her if she can come to see me when she has a chance?" Crooning, the brown agreed, and turned her attention to her chimeric sister. Israfeth, sister, when your rider is able to spare time, could you please see if she would be willing to stop and see mine?
Parker
Site Admin
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him

Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:12 pm

There was an end to most things, and sadly this hatching was quickly coming to it's final note. No one could say it hadn't been a bumpy ride for most of it, but with so many bodies on the sand it was hardly surprising that some of them had crashed into each other, quite literally. Pieces of shell and blood littered the sand, but there was still a few eggs that remained shaking and whole. Andromedath, while clutching a good size clutch, was young. It was not uncommon for there to be a dud or two in a clutch, so it was now when only four eggs remained that some began to whisper and wonder if one or more of them would not hatch.

The Tiny Pebbles Egg, however, decided to prove to the world that it was not to be ignored. Like the very first egg at the start of the hatching, which both seemed to have been turns ago and only a breath ago, the spotted shell seemed to explode outwards. However, unlike the bronze that had sat proudly within the wreckage of his shell, the inhabitant of this egg flared their wings to make an even more dramatic effect. The gasp from the crowd was for more reasons than simply the grand entrance this dragonet decided to take. I am here finally! The voice was decidedly female, but as for what color she was...well, there was certainly nothing at all like her. Most of her hide was a pure white, but her points were black. Her wings though...tose were what really popped with color. They could only be described as the color at sunset as they popped with oranges and pinks. Were you all waiting just for me? Oh how exciting and kind of you. I do so hope I was worth the wait. She stated as she gave her wings a fierce shake to remove the bits of shell.

Now, I am sure there is one of you in particular that has all but given up on hope that I would find you. The vibrant dragon stated as she began to walk towards the ring of candidates that still remained. Her path took her by Zilelmos and give him a close eye. You're rather new to all this aren't you? That's alright, dear. So am I. I do wish you luck, but I'm afraid mine is feeling rather low and waiting for me. She spoke to the young man before she moved on. She certainly wasn't a shy one as she moved from remaining candidate to candidate and spoke to each of them. Goodness. It would appear that I missed some excitement...and not the good sort of excitement. She stated as she looked around at a few of the injured candidates that were either still being treated on the sands or were being moved off of it.

She moved up to where her brown sister was comforting her injured chosen. Oh dear. Your poor rider, dear sister. I do so hope he starts to feel better. You poor, poor thing. She said with concern for her sister and her rider. V'ric was given a small nuzzle before the brightly colored dragonet moved on. Her movement was a little more purposeful and fast now. All of these injuries, she was beginning to worry about hers. That is untill she found them and gave a trill in relief. There you are! Oh, I am so glad you're alright. All of the chaos that seems to have happened before I hatched. You have no idea how happy I am that you are alright. She said as she circled her chose to make sure they were okay. Well, you're not hurt anyways. I can tell that you are tired and sore. Was you really so ready to give up on me, Sunaia? She asked cheekily as she nuzzled against the tired girl I hope that I, Samandirieth, was worth the wait. Will you please feed me now? I am quite hungry, but I would also like to make sure my other siblings are fairing alright.
Baby Only Picture

Sunaia (Caryatid)
Grandiose, Vivacious, Imaginative, Decisive, Caring
FFFFFF, FF5C34, FF317D, 111111
44 ft.
Hatched from: Image ~ The Tiny Pebbles Egg
Image Image Image Image Image
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Image Image Image Image Image
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

.::..::..::..::..::..
PC Character Tracker | Marks Tracker | NPC Stash