Strange Bedfellows - 58th Dragon Clutch NPC

A large natural cavern found by the initial expedition. It has been cleared out and filled with sand. Naturally flowing hotspring pools inside the cavern keeps this cavern warm enough for dragon eggs, but also makes it very humid with all the steam from the hotspring waters.
Parker
Site Admin
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him

Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:16 am

After so many turns of being a mother, Paiseantath knew the ends and out of what to do and what to expect. Faranth, she even lived through some things that should never happen to a mother of any sort. Thank goodness Paiseantath had a short memory and did not remember in great detail the gruesome details. When she was a young gold she had demanded that her rider be there from the start of her clutching to the very end of it. Now that she was older and more experienced she almost preferred to be alone for it.

That was what had happened today. Eavan was busy with meetings all afternoon, so she had no idea when her gold had made her way to the hatching grounds to lay her eggs in the hot sands. This clutch, no matter which number after so many, was unique in the fact it was the first ever gold clutch laid that was sired by a blue. There were still people that were frowning at that fact, but New Atricis and in particular Paiseantath, had never been one to not break a few rules and do things a bit differently. Eavan truly loved her gold for it. It made her better, in her opinion, but of course she was rather biased.

Eavan, my heart, would you mind coming to the hatching grounds. I believe you were curious about what my...how did you say it....bulging belly was carrying. Paiseantath said in a rather smug tone of voice. Eavan, knowing that tone in her dragon's voice, excused herself from the small talk she was having and made her way to the hatching grounds. Paiseantath, ever the fussy mother, was still gently rearranging the soft shells of the eggs she'd just laid. "I swear, Paiseantath, you get sneakier and sneakier. Alright, stand back for a moment and let me see how many there are." Eavan said with pride as she began to count the shells. "Wow, not bad at all for a blue sire. Verikath will be proud of himself. Fifteen healthy looking eggs." Paiseantath went back to coddling her eggs. Verikath, if you wish to see the fruit of our labor please come to the hatching grounds.
Image Image Image Image Image
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

.::..::..::..::..::..
PC Character Tracker | Marks Tracker | NPC Stash
Parker
Site Admin
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him

Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:13 pm

The big day finally arrived....

Well, it was more like the big night had finally arrived. Paiseantath's clutch had decided to hatch almost directly at midnight. The senior gold's voice rang out through the weyr, announcing the birth of her children. The candidates asleep in the barracks immediately sprang to their feet to get their robes on and head to the sands. This was to be a big day for them, at least for the ones that would impress. Bleary and sleepy eyes squinted as they reached the sands and formed a circle around the 15 eggs. Paiseantath beamed with pride but also gave off a protective air. She'd had too many children come to harm in her life and if she could stop it she would never allow such a thing to happen again. Her blue mate was welcomed to watch his children hatch by her side.

Soon the first shell broke revealing a brown. Not a bad omen at all for the first ever blue sired gold clutch. After that, like always, everything happened so fast. One egg after the other broke. Lives were changed as they walked beside wobbly dragon legs off of the sands. And finally...disappointment marred the faces of the ones who were not so lucky as to be chosen as a rider. Our clutch was strong. You have truly proven yourself a worthy sire. Now I must hunt. I need to spread my wings. The gold said as she nuzzled her mate and then left the egg shell scattered sands.

Hatching Results:
2 Browns
4 Blues
2 Pewters
6 Greens
1 Opal
1 Pyrite
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

.::..::..::..::..::..
PC Character Tracker | Marks Tracker | NPC Stash