Darling, We're Gonna Celebrate { tag } Kate/Isiana

A large natural cavern found by the initial expedition. It has been cleared out and filled with sand. Naturally flowing hotspring pools inside the cavern keeps this cavern warm enough for dragon eggs, but also makes it very humid with all the steam from the hotspring waters.
Ember

Sun May 06, 2018 5:43 am

There was word around the Weyr that Andromedath had clutched, and a brief word from Danteth had confirmed it. Soon enough, it was spreading like fire, from one end to the next, and while Finn wanted nothing more than to seek entrance into the hatching grounds to congratulate her friend herself, she knew it would be best to keep at a distance for at least a day or more. Andro was likely to be tired, and with her, her rider would be exhausted from the mental push between the two of them. She didn't want to risk arriving at a time when both dragon and rider would likely not be in any shape or mood for unwanted visitors, and so she made herself be patient to see her best friend.

The following day was a Rest Day, and thinking Isiana might want something to eat for breakfast, she decided to gather up some of her friend's favorites. It would be risky, seeking entrance so soon, and there was a chance that the great queen wouldn't allow someone on her sands, even if she was a familiar presence. But it would just be Finn, she would see to that - no Bast, no Danteth, not even one of the lizards that were so commonplace on the woman's shoulders these days. Just her with breakfast and klah to share with her rider, a sort of meaningful way to say congratulations, and to bring comfort to her on what would have been the day after her first night slept away from her apartment.

As she's gathering food, knowing full well that it might just be a drop off, she has Danteth speak to Andromedath, knowing the garnet would do so in the most respectful of manners. For all her habits, she is as her kind seems to be - in tandem with her golden sisters. Andromedath, dear golden queen. Let me first begin by congratulating you on the success of your first clutching. I look forward to the day when we will get to see them hatch together. Finn smiled at the pleasantries, knowing they mimicked what she would say to the gold if she were able to. Next, my rider knows this may be too soon for you, but she wishes me to ask if she could come visit with yours. She would like to bring her some breakfast, and celebrate with her for a little while. If it is a little sudden for you, could she at least drop some food off for her?

Ah, thank you, sweets. While she waited for the response that would, hopefully, come, Finn continued to gather, all the while feeling excitement brew in her belly. She was eager to sit with her friend, and hoped Andromedath would allow a sitting, but at the same time she knew how queens, young and new mother ones at that, could be. She was prepared either way, and would take no offense should the answer sent her way be a negative one despite her friendship with the golden one's rider.
Dirce ~◇~ Finn ~◇~ L'van~◇~ D'kellen ~◇~ D'ante ~◇~ V'ric ~◇~ Na'vi ~◇~ K'rios ~◇~ J'on
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Joss ~◇~ Fali'vas ~◇~ Cataren ~◇~ Feraliss ~◇~ Rathiran ~◇~ Alastair ~◇~ Wykoda ~◇~ Melangell
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Compendium | NPC Archive | Wanted Connections | Marks Tracker | Emporium

“It's better to write something, anything, than to starve the monster. The monster must feed. And it will feed on your soul if not your words. Its appetite is insatiable. Write to save yourself from the monster.”
― Don Roff ―
Kate

Thu May 10, 2018 11:04 pm

Isiana was exhausted, more exhausted than she had ever been in her life, or at least, that's how she felt anyway. The young woman found herself wondering why she was so tired, even though she pretty much already knew. Even though she had not been the one who had gone through this process. Andromedath had done all the work, Isiana had just been there for moral support really. Other than that, she hadn't really done much of anything. Encouraging the Gold, and just being there for her had been about all Isiana could do. The young woman had felt very bad that there wasn't anything she could do to help, but she found herself imagining that all the Queen Riders probably felt this way the first time their Golds laid eggs.

Lor had finally convinced her to go home after a while, but the young woman found that she didn't sleep much that night, she was still to excited that the Clutch was here, and worried that something would happen to her dragon during the night. Lor kept trying to console her, keep her calm, and it worked, but it still didn't really help her completely relax. After a while, the exhaustion finally managed to win out, and Isiana was able to get some sleep.

The morning came much to soon, but Isiana got up and dressed, careful not to wake Lor. It was a rest day, and if he wanted to sleep, she would let him. The blue rider would no doubt know exactly where to find her if he needed her. Checking in with Andromedath, she sat down comfortably, her back against the a rock and looking out across the sands, and her eyes got heavy.

I think mine would like that. Yours can stay if she would like, I don't mind. I know she won't bother me or the eggs. The gold answered the garnet before turning to her rider.

Isiana, Finn is going to be coming with breakfast. Make sure she doesn't get to close to the eggs.

Isiana's eyes snapped open as she heard her dragon and she nodded quickly, trying to get herself awake before Finn got there. Rolling her eyes, she kind of just ignored the part about staying away from the eggs, she already knew that. As she did so, her stomach gave a small rumble, reminding her that she had skipped breakfast this morning. A smile played on her face as she sat and waited for her friend, and breakfast.
Image Image Image Image Image
Isiana & Andromedath | A'ric & Behemoth | K'uavaen & Synsith | Talen & Khonlen | Devyn & Isamuyn
Ember

Sun May 27, 2018 4:38 pm

Danteth let her rider know the update, and Finn smiled, mostly because she was already on her way to the hatching grounds through the dining hall. She clutched the basket she held. Correction, baskets, because she'd made sure she selected a few things that would keep during the long day just in case Andromedath didn't let Isiana get far away during the day - that way, her friend would have plenty to eat later if she had a hankering for something.

She made sure the lizards knew to stay away, then slipped inside the grounds, smiling across at the great queen when she finally saw her. She gave a bow of her head, not quite giving the greeting she wanted just yet because of what she held, then led them over to her friend. As much as she wanted to give Isiana a proper greeting, she held up a finger and grinned. "This needs to be done."

Isiana would understand once Finn was finished. It was only right and proper that she do this, considering where she was and the permission she had received. She stepped just one away from the stands and bowed fully before the young queen-mother, placing a hand over her heart when she straightened. "Dear Andromedath, beloved queen, thank you for allowing me this boon, the chance to visit with your rider. Congratulations on the most beautiful clutch that has ever been set on sands."

She bowed once more, then finally turned to her friend and rushed back to her, embracing her warmly when she was at her side. "Oh Isi! Isis! I'm so happy for her, for you!" She pulled back, and still holding onto the goldrider, turned to look at the eggs. "They are so gorgeous."
Dirce ~◇~ Finn ~◇~ L'van~◇~ D'kellen ~◇~ D'ante ~◇~ V'ric ~◇~ Na'vi ~◇~ K'rios ~◇~ J'on

Joss ~◇~ Fali'vas ~◇~ Cataren ~◇~ Feraliss ~◇~ Rathiran ~◇~ Alastair ~◇~ Wykoda ~◇~ Melangell

“It's better to write something, anything, than to starve the monster. The monster must feed. And it will feed on your soul if not your words. Its appetite is insatiable. Write to save yourself from the monster.”
― Don Roff ―
Kate

Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:42 pm

Dark eyes looked around, and when she heard someone coming, they trained on whoever it was, a smiling breaking out onto her face. Even though she had known that Finn was coming, it still did not make her any less excited to see her friend by any means. Honestly the young gold rider wanted to just run up and hug the garnet rider, she knew that would be impossible as Finn spoke. It only took the young woman half a second to figure out what her friend was going to do.

Patience unfortunately was not one of Isiana’s strong suits. For now though, she knew she had to wait her turn. At this point in time, the Gold and her clutch were the most important hong right now, and everyone had always been taught to give the Queen their respect. Since Andromedath has let Finn come, Isiana has pretty much already assumed that thanking the Gold and showing her respect would be first on Finns list of things to do.

For a moment, the Gold stared at her, and then gave a slight nod, and a rumble of appreciation, not really saying anything. In her mind, she didn't need to say anything. Everything was as it should be. Finn had known what to do, and Andromedath had appreciated it, but felt no need to say anything to something that was no expected.

If it was even possible, the grin on Isiana's face became even bigger when she heard her friend's voice, and it was addressed to her this time. Wrapping her arms back around her friend, she couldn't help but laugh softly, excitedly. "I'm happy to. I was no nervous, but now that they are here, I couldn't be more excited. I know I don't want to rush anything, but I honestly can't wait until they hatch. Im really eager to see how they turn out because as you said, their eggs are gorgeous."

Dark eyes traveled to the food her friend had brought. Noises could be heard coming from her stomach, and she blushed slightly before saying, "If you don't mind, I should probably eat, but we can talk while I do that if you want to stay for a while."
Isiana & Andromedath | A'ric & Behemoth | K'uavaen & Synsith | Talen & Khonlen | Devyn & Isamuyn
Ember

Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:24 am

Finn gave the eggs another, almost wistful, look. It reminded her of the first time she'd seen the eggs that had contained the dragons she and Bast had Impressed. It was almost like it had been yesterday. How long ago had it really been? Four Turns? Five? Something like that. She couldn't remember exactly, but she wasn't going to argue - she had her precious loves, and she was determined to never lose hold of them. She felt warmth come from her dragon, who was lounging in the morning sun, not far from Villeforth. I love you, my darling. She cleared her mind and turned back to Isiana, setting her head against her friend a moment before straightening. "It's going to be such a wait now until they hatch. We should speculate over what might come out of them. All the shells are so beautiful and colorful. I'm sure they're so pretty because of their Mama. No offense to the Papa, of course, but I'm partial to you, Andromedath."

She chuckled when she heard her friend's stomach and nodded. "Yes, I did bring you lots to eat and drink, so we should get you sat and settled so you can have something to nibble on." She led her friend over to the stands and lowered herself down on one of the steps. She couldn't help but find it kind of strange to be set up on this end of things, where she was able to see the eggs in this strange little time before anyone else. It was quite the honor, and a moment she would never forget. "How are you doing, really, by the way? I feel like we haven't had much of a chance to spend time together lately, with Andromedath needing you, understandably so. Have you been taking care of yourself, or must I go Mama dragon on you?" She gently teased, opening up the basket so she could start taking things out for her friend.

― Don Roff ―
Kate

Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:48 pm

Andromedath did not feel the need to keep a very close eye on Finn. Had it bee someone the Gold had not known so well, it more than likely would have been a different story. Isiana needed a friend, that her dragon knew, which is exactly why she had allowed Finn to come. Andromedath knew this was a joyous time for not only herself, but for her rider as well, and it was nice for both of them to have some other company besides their own company. Isiana heard her friend and smiled softly, nodding. "I'm glad they are here, but you're right. I already can not wait to see what they are going to look like when they are born. Although even more than that. I just hope they are all healthy and that they all Impress. Honestly, that is one of my biggest fears os that they won't all be ok."

Isiana was not sure if that was weird to feel like that. Actually, she KNEW it wasn't, but it felt weird actually saying it out loud. Everyone always felt the same way at a Hatching. It was heart breaking to even think of that happening. Smirking just a bit, she couldn't help but nod eagerly as her stomach gave yet another growl. "I haven't really eaten much the last tow days. Been too excited about this. Thank you again for bringing this."

No sooner had she picked up a piece of food then Finn's voice reached her ears and the young woman could not stop herself from laughing. Shaking her head she said, "No, you don't need to go all mother dragon on me. I'll admit I'm a little tired, but I promise I will take care of myself. I'm in no position to not to now. Especially not with Andro's babies on the way. I don't think she would like it if I was sick or something when they hatched."

For a moment, dark eyes looked at her friend, thankfulness in them. Never had Isiana imagined she would find such a great friend here. It was nice to know that Finn had her back, and that the garnet rider would always be there for her. "So how is everything going with Bastian and the baby? Im sorry I haven't been over to see you guys more."
Ember

Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:17 pm

"No, she wouldn't, I imagine. She'd brother mother you more than I ever could, the darling." She smiled in the gold's direction, once again marveling over the eggs she had set on the sands. Beautiful. She turned back to the foods and drinks. "Together, the two of us, along with Sir Lorcan, will ensure you're well tended to." And with that, she knew everything would be okay with Isiana, no matter how busy she became in the coming days.

But she shook her head at the apology and grinned, setting her mug between her hands and her plate on the step. "Oh, don't worry about it, love. It's perfectly understandable, really. The Bast is wonderful as usual, so hands on with the babies, and they're growing so fast. Can you believe they're going to be 2 next Turn?" She sighed. "They're growing too fast. I want them to stay tiny forever. Soon enough they'll be back talking me and I don't think I'm ready for that."

― Don Roff ―
Kate

Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:21 am

Isiana could not stop herself from laughing slightly as she picked up a drink and tried, unsuccessfully, to take a drink. A picture of her Gold, acting like her mother, came into her mind at that moment, and made her laugh slightly harder. "Oh that mental image was the best, I needed a good laugh. Everything has been so uptight with worrying about the eggs and her laying them and stuff."

Finally she managed to take a quick drink before Finn spoke again, and made Isiana raise her eyebrows ever so slightly. "Sir Locan? Hmm, I like the sound of that, but we mustn't tell him, or call him that to his face. I don't think there would be any living with him after that if we did." Of course she was really only teasing. Lor would be fine if they called him that, he didn't have THAT big of an ego that it would go to his head.

Finn had pretty much said exactly what Isiana had thought she would say. She knew that Finn would be ok since they were both so busy, especially now. The young woman was glad to hear that Bastian was doing well, along with the two children.

Speaking of the children, Isiana knew she should get over to see them. With her being their godmother, she wanted to spend time with them, as much time as she could actually. Unfortunately, things had gotten in the way. The young woman had been too busy with her regular duties and then Andro had risen and given birth. Maybe once the Hatching was over, everything would calm down.

Turning to her friend she smiled softly. "They say they always grow up to fast, but you and Bast are good parents, and will be ready for anything. Maybe once everything settles down, I'll have more time, and I'll make sure I get over to see the two of them."
Ember

Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:02 pm

Finn could understand that, she really could. With Andro being a gold and a Mama to be, there was worry and concern about the eggs in her belly. Of course there'd be concern. But it turned out there was nothing to worry about after all, and now all they needed to look forward to was the hatching of the eggs. She placed a hand on her friend's shoulder and gave it a gentle squeeze. "You're welcome. That's what I'm here to do right now - help you relax. Well... to feed you and help you relax. So two things I suppose." She chuckled and reached for her glass and a bunch of grapes, which she set on the plate resting on her lap as she drank.

She leaned in to her friend after she'd had her drink, had a bite or two as well, and grinned happily. "If he happens to get a big head on him, we'll just have to find ways to pop it. Maybe some giant pins. Tease him down, hm?" She batted her eyes playfully, hoping to coax another laugh out of Isi, knowing with a little bit of work she'd be able to do just that. She'd managed one already - if she could get three more, then her visit with her friend would be counted on as a success.

"Oh, I know you will. And Bast knows you've been busy as well. The babies," And to Finn, they would always be babies, regardless of how old they got to be - Turn, three, ten, twenty, forty, they would always be her babies. "Will always know you as their auntie, as their ever present second Mama." Even when their foster mother came, which would be soon, they know know Isiana as the woman that would raise them as their own, their godmother, if anything ever happened to her and Bast. She leaned over and settled her cheek on her friend's shoulder. "Oh Isi, I'm glad we have each other, if I don't say it enough, let me say it to you now."

― Don Roff ―
Kate

Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:58 am

There was no doubt in the Gold Rider's mind that she had found a lifelong friend in Finn, and Bastian too of course. And Lor was a given as well. It was like a little group, just the four of them. It had been that way since Isiana had met Lor. She had already known Finn, and her friend had started dating Lor's brother, so the four of them had just always been together, and Isiana found herself honestly hoping that that would NEVER change.

Finn's voice brought her mind back to where it needed to be and she chuckled a bit. "Well, I have to admit, you are doing a good job so far. It's easy to relax with you here. Plus, I didn't realize how hungry I was until you put food in front of me. So, thank you for that. The two things you said you had to do, have been accomplished."

Isiana could not stop herself from laughing at what her friend was saying once more. "Oh yes, we'd certainly have to take him down a peg or two if that happened. I don't think I'd be able to handle him with a huge ego." Of course she was only playing around, she knew that no matter what happened, she and Lor would be fine, and she would be fine with whatever size ego he had.

Thinking about the babies once again made a smile come to her face. Even though she didn't get to see them very often, it was nice to know that Finn knew she would always be there for her and Bast and the kids. "Well I'm glad for that. I can't wait to have a bit more time and be able to see them once again."

Smiling softly, she leaned against her friend a little, taking another drink. "I'm glad we have each other too. It's nice to know we'll always have someone who will be there for us." Closing her eyes a bit, she took a deep breath. "This, this is what I miss, just the two of us being able to talk just be around each other."