It's Broken ~ Tag: Rathiran/Ember

The Crafter Complex is a series of buildings that contain craft halls and rooms for the crafters of New Atricis to work. There is a single dorm building for apprentices, while journeyman and masters live in second floor rooms in their respective crafts. Off to the side from the complex is the largest building, the Infirmary, where everyone in the Weyr receives Healer attention and desk workers keep track of who comes and goes at the entrance to the Infirmary.
Parker
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him

Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:36 pm

"Don't worry, baby. We're going to get you fixed up in no time." Calivander spoke sweetly to his fancy gold that was being carried in his arms. Daiga cried pitifully as she looked up at her owner. "I know, sweetie, I know it hurts. A healer will get you fixed up in no time." He gave her head a loving stroke. He could feel her pain, but he wasn't entirely sure what was wrong. There was a time where he would have been able to take care of her himself, and still, now he was able to bandage up small scrapes, but the amount of pain she was in told him it was beyond his skills.

Worse yet, he wasn't even sure what had happened. One minute he was relaxing and trying to read more of his book while she was playing and the second she was crying out in pain. He tried to get her to tell him what happened or what exactly was hurt, but she was in too much pain to focus on anything other than that. Which now made his job of getting to the infirmary a little harder. Normally, he had Daiga's eyes to help lead him, but with her unable to focus he was literally walking blind in the direction he knew the infirmary to be.

Eventually, he made it to the infirmary. Once he got inside he figured the best thing to do would be to simply approach the first person he saw and ask them for help. He couldn't exactly see cords to know if who he approached was even a healer or not, but there was little helping that. Luckily, he could tell that there was someone standing nearby and walked up to them. "I'm sorry to bother you. I'm in need of a healer. My fancy flitt is hurt pretty bad."
ImageImageImageImage
Zaynallen | C'sian | Sid'nis | Locke
ImageImageImageImage
Najden | Kisle'vis | Corbin | Calivander |

.::..::..::..::..::..
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:50 am

"I'm sorry to bother you. I'm in need of a healer. My fancy flitt is hurt pretty bad."

It wasn't odd for Rath to receive smaller patients as well as the larger ones, so when the younger man brought the fancy to his attention, he was immediately on the case. His first instinct was to want to look the creature over, but he was experienced enough to know that injured - and in this case, strange to him - beasts didn't like being handled without permission, so he kept his hands to himself and did as much of a visual examination as he could, all things considering.

"Don't worry, we'll get her taken care of quick here." He said a few moments later, when he couldn't immediately determine a cause for injury. Which meant a close examination was going to need to take place. Best to get her and her owner into a room so he could settle her on a table, and ask for the permissions he'd need. "If you'll follow me, we'll get you both set in a room so I can take a look at her." He had no idea about the younger man's vision problems, and assumed that being followed wouldn't be a problem, so he turned around and headed in the direction of the nearest room, already thinking of what he would need for the examination.

Please visit the above link for a list of my current
characters, links to their profiles, to see what
they look like, and find other little facts about them!

[ Marks Tracker | Graphics Shop | NPC Archive ]

“You fail only if you stop writing.”
— Ray Bradbury —
Parker

Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:34 pm

Cal was standing close enough to the healer that he could tell the man's height was much greater than his own. He could tell he had longer, maybe curly hair, and a beard. Colors blurred together horribly so he couldn't tell what the color of the hair was. The sound of his voice was warm, a bit rough, but filled with experience. It was pleasing to his sensitive ears and told him that this man was older.

"Don't worry, we'll get her taken care of quick here."

"Thank you, thank you so much, sir." He couldn't tell the knots he wore, which that was something he was still learning about himself in greater detail. Daiga gave a pitiful sound as she looked up at the man that was now gaining her owner's gratitude.

"If you'll follow me, we'll get you both set in a room so I can take a look at her."

"Yeah, of course. Don't worry baby. He's going to look at you and then make the pain go away." Calivander assured the gold in his arms. It wasn't hard to follow this man. He was tall and broad and the hair was distinct enough that Cal could follow him with his own eyes easily. They got to an exam room, but there he was a bit of a loss. There appeared to be an exam table in there, which made sense to him to take her over there. "Don't worry, she's not used to many people, but she's never ever been the slightest bit aggressive." Cal assured the man.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Ember

Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:31 am

"Don't worry, she's not used to many people, but she's never ever been the slightest bit aggressive."

Rath was good and patient, and while he was trying to pull together supplies, he paused long enough to approach the table and touch it. It might be best to get the gold looked over now, to assure her and her human that all would be well. He smiled and gave it a little pat. "As long as she has you here, I'm sure it will be just fine. If you want to get her settled down here, I'll begin her examination, then we'll get her tended to right as rain."

He turned around a moment later, just to grab some numbweed, and while he was doing so, he heard the settling of the pretty girl on the exam table. He gave a mental nod at that and was still smiling when he turned back to to his patients - he considered them both of that title, since often the owner or rider needed assurance and being spoken to during the healing process. "She's rather lovely. I haven't tended to many of the prized variants, but they are exceptional creatures."

He set the numbweed aside and leaned forward to do a more thorough inspection of her. "Can you tell me her name and where it seems to hurt her the most, if she's showing you that at all?"

— Ray Bradbury —
Parker

Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:53 am

"As long as she has you here, I'm sure it will be just fine. If you want to get her settled down here, I'll begin her examination, then we'll get her tended to right as rain."

"Yes, yes, of course," Calivander assured him and then headed over to the exam table. It was a good thing that there was nothing in the way as he mainly got to the exam table as he hadn't really been paying careful attention like he normally did without Daiga's aid. Carefully he sat her down on the table with soft words. She made a few pitiful sounds, but didn't argue at having been placed there.

"She's rather lovely. I haven't tended to many of the prized variants, but they are exceptional creatures. Can you tell me her name and where it seems to hurt her the most, if she's showing you that at all?"

"Thank you. She's my baby. We've been together since I was fifteen." Calivander answered with obvious pride for his fancy flitt. He calmly stroked her head to keep her quiet. "Her name is Daiga." He had to concentrate for a moment to see if he could feel where she was hurting most. All he got from her was that everything hurt. "I'm sorry, all she is telling me is that it hurts. I'm afraid I didn't see what happened either."
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Ember

Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:22 am

"Her name is Daiga." ... "I'm sorry, all she is telling me is that it hurts. I'm afraid I didn't see what happened either."

He could hear in the sounds the creature made that the pain much have been intense. A break perhaps, since their bones in each limb and foot were particularly delicate and small. He would have to give her some numbweed first to examine those spots, not wishing to do her any unjust pain while he looked her over. "I'm going to look at her, and while I do, can you do your best to soothe her?" It was probably a request that didn't need to be made, because what person wouldn't soothe their companion when they were hurt?

Even so, he'd made it, because he didn't want to touch or move without first letting the younger man know of what his intentions were. "I'm going to spread some numbweed in certain spots that look rather damaged." There were a few that were particularly suspect to Rath. "I want to make sure that if one of them is where she's hurting, I don't hurt her further by poking what is tender without need. It will also give her some relief in the event that where she's hurt is covered. She might also be more willing to speak to you, so to say, in that case. Is that all okay with you?"

It made sense to him, and he sincerely hoped it would make sense to the other man as well. Sometimes he did things in an odd order or fashion, but Rath wouldn't be a Master in his craft if he didn't produce results.

— Ray Bradbury —
Parker

Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:05 am

"I'm going to look at her, and while I do, can you do your best to soothe her?"

"Yeah, of course. She's a very well behaved girl. For all, she isn't used to dealing with other people she's never even nipped at another person." Calivander said with an ounce of pride in his voice. Daiga was a sweet fancy flitt, probably the sweetest, though he knew he was a bit biased. Still, of the other fancy flitt's he'd met she did seem to be more even-tempered than some of the others. Therefore, he wasn't worried about Daiga biting anyone. He moved closer to the exam table and began to make cooing noises to his gold. "It's alright, baby, he is going to make you better but it might hurt a mite as he figures out what is wrong." Cal spoke softly to her and stroked her head.

It was hard for him to pull his worthless eyes away from Daiga to give the healer his full attention. "Yeah, that is perfectly okay. I have faith that you'll be able to fix her up right as rain." Calivander would not peg himself as a religious man, but he gave a nod to the goddesses on occasion. He continued to soothe and calm Daiga as the man began to spread numbweed on different parts of her that could be where the injury was.

When he got to her back left leg and spread some numbweed on the lower portion of it, Cal felt a wave of relief rush over him. "There! The pain is subsiding now." He looked at the leg, but of course, he couldn't see what could be wrong.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Ember

Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:33 am

"There! The pain is subsiding now."

Now that he had an idea of where the injury was located, Rath moved in to take care of the spot. With gentle fingers crafted from Turns of practice, he began to move over the spoke until he found it - a softening that shouldn't be there, and further still with a press down, a shift of bone that concerned him. He pulled his hand away to fetch the numbweed and spread more on the specific spot and the areas surrounding it, then moved to begin gathering the supplies he would need to treat the queen properly.

"It feels like a break. I can't tell how it happened, but it feels like something clean, which is good news for you. It means she'll heal more quickly so long as my instructions are followed." What it also meant was that she may have been stepped on, but perhaps that was something her human could get out of her once she was feeling a little better. "I can set it back in place, once she's good and numb... she shouldn't feel anything then, maybe a little pressure, but no pain during the process."

The basket at his side fast filled up. It wasn't much, mostly bandages and a couple of things that would help with pain, but he knew what he was doing. This wasn't the first break he'd ever dealt with, after all. "We should have you two out of here soon enough, but I'm afraid flying won't be an option for a while - she's not going to be able to put weight on that leg, or the foot, for while its healing, or else it'll do damage to the healing process and the tissues inside."

— Ray Bradbury —
Parker

Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:00 pm

"It feels like a break. I can't tell how it happened, but it feels like something clean, which is good news for you. It means she'll heal more quickly so long as my instructions are followed."

A look of concern crossed Calivander's face. "My poor girl. I'm so sorry, baby. I should have been watching more closely." Guilt washed over him like a flood. If only he could see better, if only he'd been paying more attention...the if only's were boundless it felt like. He owed so much to Daiga and right now he felt as if he'd let her down. Daiga, without so much pain blinding her, turned up to him and crooned softly. She certainly didn't hold any bad feelings towards him. It wasn't his fault.

"I can set it back in place, once she's good and numb... she shouldn't feel anything then, maybe a little pressure, but no pain during the process."

Cal turned to the older man and nodded. "I know she is in good hands, Master Rathiran. She's a tough girl. Whatever needs to be done to make her better, do it." He had full confidence in the man. After all, he was a master healer, that had to mean he knew exactly what he was doing.

"We should have you two out of here soon enough, but I'm afraid flying won't be an option for a while - she's not going to be able to put weight on that leg, or the foot, for while its healing, or else it'll do damage to the healing process and the tissues inside."

He shouldn't have been surprised by that fact, but still it made him think of something rather important. He relied on Daiga being with him during lessons so he could keep his secret hidden. What was he going to do if he didn't have Daiga's eyes to show him what he needed to see? Of course, he couldn't outright ask that of the healer as he didn't want him to know either about his eyesight, so he needed to think of a different way to bring it up. "Um...she's pretty insistent about coming with me during lessons and chores. Is there a way she can still be able to do that while she heals?" There, that was a safe enough question.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Ember

Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:38 am

"I know she is in good hands, Master Rathiran. She's a tough girl. Whatever needs to be done to make her better, do it."

It wasn't an easy thing to have to do - setting bones, whether in dragonkin or humans - never was. But in these smaller creatures, Rath always felt an extra pang in his heart when he had to do it, and so it was with skilled, efficient hands that he tended to the matter, wanting it over and done with to ensure there would be less pain when the numbweed eventually wore off.

Once the procedure was done, quick as it had been, he checked to ensure his work had been as clean as he'd wanted it to be, and pleased with his work, he proceeded to spread more of the numbweed before the pain could set into place once again. "She should feel relief, despite the pain once the numbweed wears off. If you need to, you can bring her in as often as needed for reapplication of the numbweed and bandages, though I also have medicine you can add to her food that will help with the pain and perhaps last longer than the salve; it just would take longer to take effect."

"Um...she's pretty insistent about coming with me during lessons and chores. Is there a way she can still be able to do that while she heals?"

He found that curious, but didn't question it. Some pets could be like that, insistent on going everywhere possible with their owners, so why should this one be any different? Thinking about it while he worked, and without taking his eyes or most of his attention away from what he was doing, Rath considered it carefully, until something came to mind. "I think we could make a sling for her." He said after a moment, and once he was certain he had the bandage at the right amount of firmness. "She should be able to go with you, wherever you go, and comfortably so, if we fit it on you right."

— Ray Bradbury —