Unforgivable Sin ~ Tag: Rath/Ember

The Crafter Complex is a series of buildings that contain craft halls and rooms for the crafters of New Atricis to work. There is a single dorm building for apprentices, while journeyman and masters live in second floor rooms in their respective crafts. Off to the side from the complex is the largest building, the Infirmary, where everyone in the Weyr receives Healer attention and desk workers keep track of who comes and goes at the entrance to the Infirmary.
Parker
Site Admin
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him

Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:04 am

Sid'nis gave a scoff as he moved a little more away from Rath in slow steps. "Right, because us being drunk together the last time worked out so damn well." He'd never been much of a man of sarcasm before. It was funny how easily tragedy could lead to a sarcastic tongue and sardonic view in life. The rest of what he had to say did make the anger flare up again a little. He turned and moved back to Rath and, while drunkenly standing a little too close, poked him in the chest. "You are not to blame. You don't deserve to be hated, by me or anyone, just like I don't deserve to be comforted." Sid stumbled away again while raising the bottle to his lips. "If I was going to kill myself, Rath I'd have done it by now." He said as he moved to the couch and practically fell onto it.

Why was he still there? No, he needed to leave, but traitorous heavy legs made it almost impossible to get up off of the couch. Still, he gave it his all and after nearly toppling over, managed to get up. Rath shouldn't be forced to deal with him, no one should have to be forced to deal with him. Poor Iolith was a prisoner. The blue crooned his objection to that.

"What? Going to really try and stop me?" Sid asked flippantly as he headed towards the door. He wasn't going to stay here. He didn't know where he was going to go, but he wasn't going to stay here if he had any say in the matter. "We're not bothering him this time of night." The him he referred to was, of course, V'an. The brownrider was his closest friend now.
Image Image Image Image Image
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

.::..::..::..::..::..
PC Character Tracker | Marks Tracker | NPC Stash
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:22 am

Rath was indeed going to try and stop him. He trusted that Sid wouldn't try and kill himself. He was a rider, one still full of pride and love for his dragon. Those types wouldn't just take themselves away from another being that they cared for. He was going to have to step forward and appeal to that sense of caring. It was the only thing he could thing of at this point. He wasn't going to get a name, he wasn't going to get the hate he felt he deserved, he wasn't going to be allowed to care for the man that he had feelings for.

He moved to stand at the door, the only way to get in and out, and at this point, being taller, being more pressed to his senses, there was no way possible that Sid could get past him. He was going to remain there, as long as he needed to stay there, until he got what he wanted. It was cruel of him, perhaps, but hopefully one day Sid would see it had been done for his own good. Someone cared for him, whether they deserved to or not, and he just wanted to make sure that he could be there. Even if he had no rights to be in a place that had never belonged to him.

"Allow me to help you. If not for you, then for Iolith. You're going to drink yourself into a hole and where is that going to leave that blue of yours, Sid?" Fuck, let this gamble work, because if it didn't... "So please, for the love of Faranth, let me help you. Let me do something for you. I don't give a shit what it is at this point, but I'll do it." His voice was a mixture of emotions, of aches and pains, because he was witnessing a great and ugly pain that he couldn't soothe, and there was no way for him to comfort it down.

Should he leave it, let Sid mourn in his own way? Perhaps. But Rath could recall being taken from someone he loved long ago, and while it wasn't the same - it had been his parents, a different scenario to be certain - that ache never left you. Sid didn't deserve to be alone, and if anyone thought, or felt otherwise...
Dirce L'van D'kellen D'ante V'ric Na'vi K'rios J'on
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Fali'vas Koda'vis Melangell Cataren Sianca Feraliss Yaranavexa Rathiran

Compendium | NPC Archive | Wanted Connections | Marks Tracker | Emporium

[ Threads Wanted ]

Parker
Site Admin

Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:02 pm

Sid'nis did not reach the door fast enough before Rath was standing there in front of it. He raised a hand and tried to budge the man out of the way, but Rath beat him on height and likely weight, but most importantly on soberness, so he didn't budge. A groan of irritation escaped through snarled lips as he tried again to no avail. "Dammit Rath...get out of my way." Sid demanded, though a hiccup broke the sentence in two.

He became even more irritated as Rath began to use his dragon against him. Of course he would. He might not have been a rider, but he would know that Iolith was pretty much the only reason he was sticking around. Yes, he had his children and he didn't want to caused them grief, but if something happened to him they would go on with their lives. Iolith wouldn't have that choice. The blue pressed a wave of love onto his rider, which didn't help the guilt Rath was trying to make him feel.

Once again he rose the bottle to his lips in a defiant action as he stared daggers at the man blocking his way. However, that swallow did not settle well. Perhaps his heart was broken and mentally he was in horrible shape, but his body had enough sense to tell him when enough was enough. Alcohol and bile threatened to escape him, but he managed to turn away from Rath and hold it all down some how. A fist was held firmly to his mouth as he struggled against the waves of nausea that rocked him. He refused to give into his body's demands and fought and fought until finally his body gave up and the nausea passed.

"Fine. Have it your way." He spoke when he felt he was able to. Slowly he moved back to the couch and sank heavily onto it. He started to take another drink, but thankfully thought better of it and just sat the bottle down on the floor next to him. He slumped forward until his head was held between his hands, elbows propped up on his knees, and sat there like that silently. His body wavered from side to side as he wallowed in the grief he still felt until finally his body swayed far enough to one side that he fell over onto the couch.
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:16 pm

The gamble had paid off, but it didn't make him feel any better about the situation. If anything, it left Rath feeling like shit. He had used the man's dragon against him, and for what? To make him stay against his will? He was forcing Sid into a fucking corner, someplace he didn't want to be in. But it was all Rath could think to do for his benefit when nothing else he had tried had done the trick. Maybe, just maybe, this would help him. Let him see that someone cared about his well being. Probably not, he seemed pretty far gone (and Rath truly did not blame him for that) but in the end, he was going to be there until he was told to stop flat out.

As soon as the bottle was set down, he went to fetch it out of the way, and set it on his desk, then return to carefully help Sid lie back on the couch. He was going to take care of him, he'd make sure of it. No one else would have to see him like this. Even if it broke him into a million pieces over and over again, he would be there through it all, and then he'd do exactly what he should have from the start - release Sid back to the wilds, back to Iolith, back to whatever else remained of the shattered life that remained for him beyond the door of Rath's office.

"I'll grab you a bucket just in case. If you need toast or some water, I'll have Cain go fetch some for you." The blue was no where to seen, probably off somewhere with Colette. But if he was called for, he would come. "Just rest, I won't go anywhere, I'll be here." I have no business being here, perhaps I should go, but I'm not, I'm staying, and I'll continue to stay until you tell me to leave...
Dirce L'van D'kellen D'ante V'ric Na'vi K'rios J'on

Fali'vas Koda'vis Melangell Cataren Sianca Feraliss Yaranavexa Rathiran

Compendium | NPC Archive | Wanted Connections | Marks Tracker | Emporium

[ Threads Wanted ]

Parker
Site Admin

Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:27 am

Sid was still conscious, though it was a wonder. The whole world was spinning on its axis, but then it had sort of felt that way for several days now. He shook his head, albeit as little as he could, to indicate that he didn't want any water or food. He has not had water for a long time and I cannot remember when he last ate. Take care of him. Iolith had, of course, been listening through Sid. His tone was neutral to Rath, though the worry for his rider was there. He knew his rider wasn't taking care of himself and right now Rath was the closest one to do so at this moment. He would inform V'an and some of Sid's other closer friends tomorrow that they need to keep a closer eye on him, but this would have to do for the night. As long as Sid was safe, that was all that mattered to the blue.

Sid could feel the precious nothing of unconsciousness washing over him, but he could hear Rath speaking still and moving as he went to get the bucket to sit next to him on the floor. Even with Rath trying to put him in a more comfortable position on the couch, there was no position comfortable when this drunk. He felt as his boots were removed and then the rustle and brush of air as a blanket was taken off the back of the couch and placed over him. Before his mind fully slipped into a sleep he most desperately needed, Sid opened his eyes enough to look at Rath for a moment and say in a voice above a whisper, "Thank you." The weight of forgiveness was in those two words, not for himself, but for the master even if he couldn't say the true words yet. If he could spare anyone the weight of guilt he felt, he would. After a few moments he was breathing peacefully.

{fin}
Image Image Image Image