Safe and Sound ~ { Tag } Slasher/Niomi, Aino/P'list

The Crafter Complex is a series of buildings that contain craft halls and rooms for the crafters of New Atricis to work. There is a single dorm building for apprentices, while journeyman and masters live in second floor rooms in their respective crafts. Off to the side from the complex is the largest building, the Infirmary, where everyone in the Weyr receives Healer attention and desk workers keep track of who comes and goes at the entrance to the Infirmary.
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:58 pm

There was so much going through Cat's mind at the moment. There wasn't a fee for being brought to safe enclosures, which was a relief. Once he was able to get back on his feet, he'd be able to seek out the stablemaster to try and work out some sort of deal on keeping Corvo booked in exchange for his skills as a Journeyman. He had his papers still, tucked away surely. There'd also be work in metal, and with both combined, he'd be able to make enough to help support himself and Niomi. Perhaps they'd be comfortable within the Weyr, though he didn't know what they could do beyond being crafters, since he couldn't do much at the moment, explorations and asking questions beyond the infirmary being things he'd be unable to do until he was allowed from the cot beneath him.

But it was as though all of that had floated to the surface to try and ease him into what had been heard, but not quite easily grasped, when P'list spoke of candidacy and search. It wasn't that Cat didn't know what those things were, he was a learned enough man, and he understood those concepts well enough, even if Holdbred. What he didn't quite want to grasp was the fact that they applied to Niomi. He glanced at her, not judging, not angry, just observing for a moment as it ran through his head on repeat that she suddenly she wouldn't need him. It wasn't that he couldn't be happy for her, he would be, because this was something he had always wanted for her - the freedom of life - and now she would finally have the kind of independence that had always been denied to her.

But he had always been there for her as her friend, her guardian, her...

There was lump forming in his throat, and he had to force himself to swallow it before he could even make himself smile. He was going to have to say something concerning the news. He was going to have to sound happy about it even if he wasn't completely thrilled. Because no matter what he felt, he wasn't going to ruin this for Niomi. That would be selfish, and he wasn't going to take away something that was clearly making her happy. After a few moments of silence from him, a breath that was needed to draw back the pangs in his chest, he managed to find his voice and inject a little bit of good cheer that he knew he was capable of during difficult times. He gave her hand a squeeze, knowing she would hear him out when he spoke, and whenever she looked down, she would find him smiling up at her. "A candidate, huh? You know, I'm going to be in those stands when you Impress, cheering the loudest for you. Probably drown everyone else out, get myself thrown from the grounds. But it'll be worth it just to witness your moment of glory."

Fuck but everything was burning right now, and yet if she smiled, it would be worth the pain.
Dirce L'van D'kellen D'ante V'ric Na'vi K'rios J'on
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Fali'vas Koda'vis Melangell Cataren Sianca Feraliss Yaranavexa Rathiran

Compendium | NPC Archive | Wanted Connections | Marks Tracker | Emporium

[ Threads Wanted ]

Ainokesshou

Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:52 am

P’list was going to pretend not to notice all the flirting. It was kind of funny, he was still used to people thinking he was a cute kid, but even he could tell that those two were adorable. He was sure the Candidate Master had explained to Niomi that she needed to stop any relationship she was in, but who knew if she even wanted to be a candidate now that she understood she had a choice? Anyway, let them make moon eyes at each other and hold hands while Cataren was too injured for it to go anywhere.

After all, it had been pretty obvious that at least two of his clutchmates had been making the same moon eyes at each other all through candidacy. And were now weyrmates with a pair of cute babies.

“Elahrairath doesn’t need any treats,” he said, and thought to himself that introducing her to what and how dragons ate at this stage of her candidacy might be a quick way to change her mind about it, as she obviously wasn’t weyrbred. “Like I was telling your friend, the best way to thank him, is just to thank him. Give him attention. It’s always great when someone besides me tells him how awesome he is.”

P’list smiled when Cataren told Niomi he would watch her Impress. That would probably do it, she would stand. She wouldn’t want to disappoint Cataren, and it was good that he was supportive of her. Hopefully he would find something worthwhile that he could do in the Weyr, unless the two drifted apart during the enforced pause in their relationship.

“I just wanted to make certain that you weren’t confused, Niomi, and I’m very glad to see that you woke up, Cataren,” he said, aware that he needed to let her explain about those rules, and that it would be best for her to do so in private. “I’ll let you get back to your conversation now,” and he turned to leave the little room.
Quiloth     Elahrairath     Nahumth      
ImageImageImage
Zenith         Ramlahvas
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
   Atumra       Panlovis     Galask  Gask                      
Slasher

Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:30 pm

She had a friendly smile for P'list, but as she felt that return small squeeze from Cataren, she looked down at him to see his warm smile at the news. Seeing his expression, something within her loosened, and she realized she had been afraid of Cataren's reaction to the news. From what she understood, Candidacy was voluntary, but now that it had happened, she realized she was very interested in Standing. Not that she had ever thought about it before, being a Dragonrider, but the more she learned about the creatures, the more she fell in love with it. But not if Cataren was unhappy about it.

They had fled the North together. She would do everything in her minimal power to follow Cataren, wherever he went. Partially because it was technically her duty(right?) as a (ex)drudge of his Hold, but if she were to be honest with herself, it was for her own selfish reasons. Even if they could never be together romantically, she could at least continue to serve him as her Lord and best friend. So seeing that smile blossomed her own matching one as she made eye contact with him. And hearing his jibe about being thrown out for being too loud, she blushed, ”Don't be silly, I probably won't even Impress...But I am learning a lot.”

As P'list turned though, Niomi looked back up at the Brownrider, ”Oh! Leaving so soon? Well tell Elahrairath I'll be seeking him out as soon as I'm able to thank him again. I can't thank either of you enough, really...”

After P'list had taken his leave, she turned to look at Cataren again, her face a little sad, ”I should probably get back too. Candidate's have all kinds of chores. I'm just glad I can do something to repay everything they've done here...”
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
~:Stories:~ ~:Monies:~ ~:Plotter:~
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Fri May 04, 2018 2:20 pm

After so many Turns of service to the Hold, she shouldn't have had to work so hard. But he supposed this was a better life than the one she'd had to live at Emerald Valley. Here she had freedoms, and a voice. As much as it pained him to know she would be drifting away from him in the coming months and Turns, it would also please him to watch her grow, to see her Impress, to watch the back and forth nurturing between her and her dragon. He wanted to see the woman she would become before she decided it was time to say goodbye completely.

"You do what you need to. I'm not going to be going anywhere... obviously." He didn't think he had the energy to move more than a few feet on his own before collapsing besides. Stretching was almost too much for him at the moment, in fact. He tried then and there, and it made him grunt in pain - the rest was tucked away, to be released when she departed, and he wasn't as ashamed to make such weak-sounding pains to the air. "Can you visit again soon though? I suspect all I'm going to do for a while is sleep but... next time I awaken, it sure would be nice to see your face." He knew how he meant it, why he said it. He only wished she did as well.
Dirce L'van D'kellen D'ante V'ric Na'vi K'rios J'on

Fali'vas Koda'vis Melangell Cataren Sianca Feraliss Yaranavexa Rathiran

Compendium | NPC Archive | Wanted Connections | Marks Tracker | Emporium

[ Threads Wanted ]

Slasher

Sat May 05, 2018 4:13 pm

All she wanted to do was sit with him and take care of him. But that want was also no stranger to her, as it was a want she had had for literally turns. So while she would have loved to stay all day and night, even just holding his hand, she knew that she had other duties she had to attend to. Especially if she wanted to not have to depend on Cataren for everything. It wasn't fair to him. He had already done so much for her, over her entire life, and she was just happy she could even pretend to begin to make it up to him. "If you need anything, have a healer send word. I'll be here right away. And I'll be back as soon as I can anyways. A few marks, maybe. Lucky for you, there's some very pretty healers here, right?" Her tone was joking, teasing, but in her heart, even that friendly remark hurt her own feelings. Just as before, the bare thought of Cataren wrapping his arms around anyone else in a loving way made her gut twist and her chest lock up. Giving him an affectionate smile, she lifted his hand and placed a quick kiss on the back of it before standing. Turning, she made her way out, glancing back numerous times.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
~:Stories:~ ~:Monies:~ ~:Plotter:~