Healers unite!! or not? - Tag: Finn/Ember

The Crafter Complex is a series of buildings that contain craft halls and rooms for the crafters of New Atricis to work. There is a single dorm building for apprentices, while journeyman and masters live in second floor rooms in their respective crafts. Off to the side from the complex is the largest building, the Infirmary, where everyone in the Weyr receives Healer attention and desk workers keep track of who comes and goes at the entrance to the Infirmary.
Jovia

Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:04 pm

Fyrn couldn't help but look at the ground with a sheepish look on her face, so many questions cluttered up her mind, the fact if they were logical or not were yet to be seen. She had always been the nervous silent type, staying out of peoples way and against the wall keeping out of sight out of mind. Giving a little nod here and there as she listened to Finn speaking some more. "Yeah true, rules were meant to be followed and I wouldn't want to upset the mother least of all... I guess I'm just nervous like I've always been and somewhere deep inside worry that they will just not see me there like almost always." Giving a little nod however she couldn't help but smile at listening to the level of craft.

"Yeah, I was so happy to become a journeywoman, thoughts of becoming a master went clear out of my mind once searched." Giving a little laugh before shaking her head. "Well that's good, I don't think she would let you trade her for anything anyways." Slowly though she started to relax again, maybe it was easier to speak up around someone you used to know in the past. "Yeah it does? there will always be questions though... but I'm not saying most of them are anything logical anymore." Reaching up she rubbed the back of her head, kind of sheepish and awkward after speaking up of such.

"Well whatever happens happens, if I impress then yay if not... well I won't get my hopes up and plan for a future just incase of that. I'm trying to be mature and reasonable. But at the same time inwardly I'm still giddy from being searched and starry eyed. You know the basic things, and sorry for speaking of such random things." Shifting her hand she started to scratch her nose a little bit.
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:53 am

Finn tilted her head slightly as she listened to the young woman. She wondered if she'd ever considered continuing with her craft, as some had once they'd Impressed. It was a difficult journey for the riders that chose to continue with crafts, but as far as she knew, the ones that had chosen to do so had found it a worthwhile one. She wondered if Fyrn would mind her bringing it up, and decided it would be worth attempting to do so. The least that could be said was "thanks, but no thanks" and Finn wasn't going to force the issue. It was just a suggestion, not something she was going to say had to be done. "You know, there are some that continue with their crafts after they become riders. When you Impress, if you ever wish to be put into touch with them, I'd be happy to help you with the connections. A couple of them have even gone on to gain their Masters knots, and I think you have it in you to reach that point if you ever think you'd like to. You've got the talent, Fyrn. I've always believed that of you."

She smiled and lifted her hand, then shook her head. She understood what Fyrn was saying, about being starry eyed. "You have nothing to be sorry for. I understand. You're not being random at all. Talk about what you'd like to talk about. I'm happy to answer any questions you might have, about crafting, about riding, about anything in between. I have plenty of time for that now, and for that... if there's ever a moment in time when you see me, and you have something on your mind, don't hesitate to ask. So long as I'm not full up on my duties, I'd be happy to give you a few moments of my time. Same with if you feel like you need to send me a note. That's the great thing about having lizards. You can have something delivered to me, and I'll respond when I can."
Dirce L'van D'kellen D'ante V'ric Na'vi K'rios J'on
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Fali'vas Koda'vis Melangell Cataren Sianca Feraliss Yaranavexa Rathiran

Compendium | NPC Archive | Wanted Connections | Marks Tracker | Emporium

[ Threads Wanted ]

Jovia

Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:10 pm

Fyrn was slowly starting to relax around Finn, even though she was indeed a rider and apparently she was a nervous wreck around them. Glancing over at the garnet rider it seemed she had something she wanted to say or was thinking about something? Or maybe she was just overthinking things, it was a very... odd day already meeting someone she knew before. Hearing her words about riders continuing their craft though... made her frown a little bit not in unhappiness but in thought. Giving a little nod as she stared at the ground in front of her. "I see.... I never really thought of attempting to become a master if I impressed... I specialize in the mind and healing that so while I may be a Journeywoman healer my physical healing abilities are a bit lesser than that... Maybe concentrate even harder and master that specifically?"

Fyrn couldn't help but smile over at Finn and gave a little nod. "Actually that would be really helpful... but if I do impress it would take a turn or two before I could concentrate on it right? I mean I heard weyrling lessons and hatchlings are very intensive and attention hungry. The two fancy flitts I have would need to be taken care of by others even." She couldn't help but reach up and rub the back of her head, the tips of her ears turning red at the compliment of Finn always believing her to have talent. "... thank you.." She managed to mumble out feeling awkward but happy.

"Thank you... I don't know anymore questions right now but I'll definitely bug you when I think of more.. Though if I can help you too just ask no worries, though I guess there isn't much I can do to offer." A sheepish smile spread over her face before giving a little laugh. "Yeah I never really knew how great they were since I never paid attention.. kept my nose in the hides and avoided socializing for the most part... Kind of hope I can make a few friends here and learn to get out of my shell instead of work all the time." A little wistful look crossed Fyrn's face before turning bright red and she glanced over at Finn. "Not that I discounted you or anything or I uh.. um.." She started to stumble over her words, foot in mouth taken as directed it seemed.
Ember

Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:11 pm

"It will happen." Finn assured her, in response to Fyrn's wish to get out of her shell. But when she stumbled, it made the woman grin, and she shook her head, showing the younger woman that there was no offense taken, no need to think there was a foot planted firmly in her mouth. In Finn's opinion, nothing worrying had been said.

"I understand, to tell you the truth. But never fear, you'll get there. You just need to give yourself time and not poke at yourself too hard, or too often." Easier said than done though, she thought to herself as they reached the yard. There was Danteth, waiting for them, and she reached out for the garnet as soon as her massive neck swung 'round to greet them. "Ah my love, my jewel."

She snuggled into the muzzle that nudged into her belly, and grinned at the croon that greeted her. "Danteth, I'd like you to meet Fyrnella... Fyrn. She's a candidate, a friend, a fellow healer I met once - not long ago - at the Healer Hall." The dragon regarded the candidate carefully before bowing her head low, requesting scratches in doing so. Finn cooed. "She'd like a scratch from you, right being her eyes ridges and her head knobs."

[ Threads Wanted ]

Jovia

Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:01 pm

Fyrn just felt like a walking beast, not even a beast maybe one of those little bugs that seem to just be weird. How many times had she put her foot in her mouth? Well even with everything she was enjoying being part of a weyr. Deep within her mind something kept telling her to not get used to it just incase she was tossed out in a few turns after unable to impress. A sheepish smile spread over her face as her face turned even redder. "Takes time, for now I guess I need to get used to the taste of feet."

"yeah, it took me so many turns to end up like this, will probably take several to work my way out." But then they were there out in the yard. The adult dragon waiting for them and her hide, Fyrn just kind of stopped and stared with a little part smile on her face. Sure this was a Weyr and sure she saw dragons out and about but well... It was one thing to see them but another with the thought of interaction.

"H..hello Danteth." Fyrn managed to speak up and tried to give a little curtsey though she was rather wobbly. Hearing Finn introduce her as a friend though made her feel something warm deep inside, and on her face as it started to try to match the garnet's hide. Fyrnella gave a little nod and slowly reached out with a hand, trying hard to concentrate on what Finn said instead of just being dazzled by Danteth. "I.. I'm sorry if its not that great I'm only used to fancy flitts currently." But she reached up and while looking over the garnet's head went to scratch behind the the eye ridges and before the head knobs lightly. "This place?"
Ember

Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:15 pm

Finn smiled as the garnet butted her head gently against the young woman. It wasn't usual for her to be so friendly, but Danteth was in a charming mood apparently, and for that, the woman was thankful. She watched as her dragon offered the section of her head for display that she politely wanted touched and scratched, and Finn nodded in response to Fyrn's words. "That's exactly it. She'll let you know if it isn't the place she wants to be touched."

But apparently, the garnet was going to speak regardless, if not briefly, because that was how she was. She did what she wanted, when she wanted, and there was no way around it. You do not need to be afraid. I will not move suddenly. Finn smiled at that, and had to hide her expression behind her hand, not wishing to offend either of them with the look on her face. She stepped back, observing them both quietly, and enjoyed the display with affection for her bond. Oh, how she loved that garnet with all of her life.

[ Threads Wanted ]