Battle Wounds ~ { Tag } Kate/K'uavaen

The Crafter Complex is a series of buildings that contain craft halls and rooms for the crafters of New Atricis to work. There is a single dorm building for apprentices, while journeyman and masters live in second floor rooms in their respective crafts. Off to the side from the complex is the largest building, the Infirmary, where everyone in the Weyr receives Healer attention and desk workers keep track of who comes and goes at the entrance to the Infirmary.
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:49 pm

I said you don't need to worry so much, Sh'van. I'll be just fine. The healers here have taken good care of me so far, have they not? Why... stop fluttering! If you don't stop fluttering, I'm not going inside of the infirmary. Tamith loved her rider, but ever since they'd arrived at New Atricis, he'd done nothing but worry about her. She knew he was better than this, that he needed to losen up. She knew why he was like this; their injuries coupled with the desirable need to return to their home Weyr. But they weren't going to heal any faster with him rushing them towards something that needed to take time. The Master that had seen her, though she could not recall his name only his face - and what a hairy face it was, why did humans insist on wearing so much across their hides? - had said she needed to take it slow and easy or else she might end up grounded due to lung scarring. She didn't want to be mean, in fact, the idea of being cruel to her rider horrified her, but if she needed to press him in that kind of a manner, she would just to remind him of what was at stake.

For his part, Sh'van was irritable, though not at his dragon. He knew why they were here, understood that it was for the benefit of Tamith's lungs which were in a precarious placement if they didn't heal the correct way. He didn't care about his own injuries, just hers; the surface wounds weren't as severe as what rested on her insides, even he could see that. The bandages had not bled through, and were it not for the inner damage, they wouldn't have had to lead the chilly northern mountains of High Reaches. But the healers there had said that it was best for them to go South, that Tamith would do well to see the Master that now occupied the unique halls of the Weyr there. He had sworn he would never leave High Reaches again, not after what had happened the last time he had left. The only good thing that had happened during that escape had been receiving the green that now shared his life, but nothing like that could ever come about being away from where he wanted to be now.

A lump formed in his throat, and he had to force himself to swallow it down. Fuck, he wasn't going to cry. Not over something like this. He supposed it didn't help that he wasn't sleeping well, due in no short part to his own issues with insomnia, but the fact that he was worrying almost non-stop about his dragon certainly weren't making it any easier to get a few dozen winks in. He glanced at her as she lumbered - slowly, but she was inching her way ever closer to the infirmary entrance - and he tried to picture what it would be like if she were no longer able to fly like she had prior to the Threadfall incident. The images made his heart peel away from its protective wall and sink to his feet, where he nearly stumbled over it as he walked with her, his arm in its sling, an encasement that did little to stop the pain emanating from his own injuries.

Tamith stopped her slow stroll to crane her neck and look at him. She reached out to nuzzle her rider and snuffled the air above his head. Sometimes I can't help but think you are as foolish as the rest of the humans are, Sh'van. But I love you. so I will only ever tell you this once - don't ever think I won't fly again. Just be patient. That being said, she continued forward, leaving him no choice but to follow, and he did so with a smile on his face, because if anyone could make him feel better, it was his dragon. Of course when they arrived, she crooned to the nearest set of hands that were available to see her, a man wearing the knots of a bluerider. Sh'van set a hand on her rump before she could speak, but she beat him to it. Good day. I am Tamith, here for my check up. Might you direct me to the nearest dragonhealer? Sh'van thinks I can't speak for myself, but he's not the boss of me, is he?
Dirce L'van D'kellen D'ante V'ric Na'vi K'rios J'on
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Fali'vas Koda'vis Melangell Cataren Sianca Feraliss Yaranavexa Rathiran

Compendium | NPC Archive | Wanted Connections | Marks Tracker | Emporium

[ Threads Wanted ]

Kate

Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:03 am

K'uavaen could not help but yawn just a little. Quiet honestly, the blue rider had no idea why he felt so tired, but he did. It wasn't like he had gotten up exceptionally early today, and he and Isolde had not been up really late the night before. Maybe it was just because it was kind of slow in the dragon healing department today. While the rider did not really like having nothing to do, it did give him time to brush up on techniques that he might not be familiar with, or other such things. This was one craft where you were always learning, and dealing with something new pretty much every day. That was one of the main reasons that the blue rider loved his chosen craft. Something new and exciting everyday. Ok, exciting was probably an overstatement. Actually, not even an overstatement. It was probably not a good thing that he was even thinking like that, but he couldn't help it. So exciting was the wrong thing to say. Interesting actually sounded a little better.

K, you think too much. Just leave it alone. If you keep thinking about it, you'll drive yourself crazy. Honestly I think interesting is a good way to put it.

Rolling his eyes, the blue rider could not help but chuckle just a bit at his dragon. The blue usually liked to put his two cents in from time to time. His rider had just gotten used to it by now. Sometimes he wished Synsith would just mind his own thoughts, but he knew what his dragon said was right. He had other things to worry about right now than the reasons why he liked this craft, and the right words to explain it.

After a moment, the man went back to work, stocking things, double checking things. Right now they weren't very busy, but he did know that they had some appointments coming in, he just couldn't remember exactly when they were supposed to get here. K'uavaen got caught up in what he was doing, and the next thing he knew there was someone coming to get him, telling him that there was a green waiting to be checked over. Nodding, he quickly put the last couple things way and then headed out.

Smiling a bit, he walked up to where the dragon and rider were waiting. "I'm sorry you had to wait, I hope it hasn't been too long. I'm K'uavaen. I don't think Im the original healer that saw you, so if you could fill me in, I'll be happy to see how things are progressing."
Image Image Image Image Image
Isiana & Andromedath | A'ric & Behemoth | K'uavaen & Synsith | Talen & Khonlen | Devyn & Isamuyn
Ember

Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:56 am

Had it not been for Tamith's more patient nature, Sh'van might have gone in search of the healer after only a few beats had passed. Thankfully for him, the green had managed to pull him back from doing so. As he explained it to her, curled up against her warm hide, he wasn't trying to be impatient, he was just worried, especially when he'd heard her wheezing just a bit. "That doesn't sound right, Tammy." he'd told her, and it had been enough to send him on a titter again, because if anything could, it was a bit of a rattle in her lungs. But Tamith, she wasn't going to allow her rider to remain so uptight, and she'd gathered him in her wings and held him against her, refusing to let go until he calm, and that hadn't been until the healer had arrived. She for one crooned in his direction, dipping her head low to regard him, while Sh'van wasn't sure how he felt about his sudden appearance.

"Sh'van," he told the rider, and then gestured to his dragon. "This most beautiful dragon is Tamith. We're from High Reaches Weyr where the injury took place." He indicated his shoulder, then pressed a hand to her chest, where hers was located but couldn't be seen. "She damaged her lungs during a nasty Fall not long ago, and because of it, we were sent here to recover. The dragonhealers said she would be better suited to the weather here than that of the cold North, especially since if she were here, she had a better chance of recovering fully." He still had hopes that she would, that they would be able to return home eventually because of the efforts made here.

[ Threads Wanted ]

Kate

Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:10 am

Dark eyes studied the pair for a moment, but not for too long. The blue rider still felt bad that he had made them wait. Apologizing had been the right thing to do, but its not like it had taken him a long time to get there. Still, he wasn't really one to like to be kept waiting either, even if it was only for a few moments. K'uavaen had never really understood his impatience with waiting. Other than that, he was a very patient guy. Hell, how long had he waited for Isolde? Patiently just trying to show her how much he cared, the kind of man he could be for her. Now they were happily together, and it felt like nothing was going to break them apart again.

Quickly, he pushed those thoughts back for the time being. The professional part of him knew that this not the best time to be thinking about this, at all. Taking a silent breath, he focused his mind and turned his attention back to the green pair just as Sh'van was introducing himself and the green. A small smile came to K's face, a nice soft smile, meant to hopefully reassure the rider, and his dragon. While he did not really know if they need/wanted reassurance, he usually always gave it anyway, since he didn't want to come off as arrogant.

The blue rider let his dark eyes study the dragon for a few moments and then he nodded. "Ok, well then, let me listen to her lungs, and I can tell you how things are going then." He moved closer to the green, and listened to her lungs, frowning slightly. "I still hear something that isn't quiet right..." Looking at the notes from one of the other healers, he thought a moment. "It still sounds off, but according to these notes, it sounded worse the first time, which means it's healing. It's just not healing probably as fast as you would like it to so you can get home."
Isiana & Andromedath | A'ric & Behemoth | K'uavaen & Synsith | Talen & Khonlen | Devyn & Isamuyn
Ember

Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:11 am

Sh'van wasn't sure how he felt upon receiving the healer's proclamation. He supposed he should feel some measure of relief, considering there was nothing worse wrong with Tamith. Her lungs were, if he was understanding correctly, healing under the right conditions. He just needed to be patient, as his dragon had told him countless times since they had arrived. He wasn't sure what to say on the matter, not right away at least, and for a moment or two he remained silent, even towards his green. He just couldn't tolerate the sensation that came with knowing he was going to have to wait so much longer than he wanted to. Here he was stuck on a continent he had hoped to never visit again, and it was looking more and more like he would have to hunker down and make it his home - not permanently, but at least closer to a full on Turn. It didn't settle right with him at all, and he was having a difficult time accepting that fact. Tamith crooned, trying to settle his nerves, and when he heard the rattle, he placed a hand on her muzzle, picturing himself able to close a full set of fingers around her, then laughing at the absurdity of the image. When she gave a quizzical sort of snort, he shook his head, brushed it off with a mental shake of his hand and moved on. She didn't seem to mind, because at least he was in slightly better spirits. Maybe not in the kind she would have liked, but it was better than where he had been.

So that meant a couple of different things, maybe a few, at the very least. The first thing being that he was going to need to apologize to the healer for giving off an air of impatience, or rudeness, because as Tamith put it You're not being the kindest of men right now. I can feel it. I'm sure he can too.. The second was to ask questions about her condition and to self-soothe himself with the answers that he received. Because even though he knew that she was going to be fine, there was still a part of him that was worrying, despite the calmness that his green was trying to impart upon him through their link. "Listen, I'm sorry for being such a rude asshole, and for giving off the impression that I don't give a shit about anything you have to do or say. I'm just... eager to go home. Tamith says I need to be patient, and I'm trying to be, truly I am. I just... I just want to go home." It was a moment of weakness he never really gave into, but for a flash of a second, K was seeing him at a low-point in his life.

Running a hand through his hair, Sh'van slowly went on to continue, though if he were honest, he was starting to reach a height where he just wanted to get Tamith back to their temporary apartment so he could curl up and sleep. "I suppose I have few questions to ask now." He didn't bother to wait and ask if he could continue, figuring the healer wouldn't mind, though when his dragon told him that was impolite, he made sure to quickly add in, "I hope you don't mind." That seemed to be enough to appease her, and so he continued a moment later. "You say that she's sounding better, though not quite enough to the point where we can go home. Does that at least mean that she's healing, that she's on the right track?" That was probably the foremost thing on his mind at this point, making sure that she was not falling back on her progress, that they were going forward instead of slipping behind.

[ Threads Wanted ]

Kate

Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:12 am

For a moment, the blue rider could not help but look at the young man, a little bit of a frown on his face, and a little sadness in his eyes. While he did not know exactly how the other rider felt, he could guess, because he had found himself wondering what would happen it something bad ever happened to Synsith during Thread. Quiet honestly, he hated to think about anything happening to his beloved dragon, and the blue hated it when he could sense his rider thinking about it. Every time he flew in Thread, or even if the thought just crept into his mind, the healer always did his best to just push it away as quickly as it good. Sometimes, he couldn't help himself, and dwelled on it a little to long, but usually he chased it away pretty quickly. Honestly, the rider knew that something was bound to happen, sooner rather than later. Sure, he always felt lucky when nothing did happen, but he always had to remind himself not to let his guard down. If he did that, then there was no doubt it his mind that something was bound to happen. It never failed. Whenever you relaxed, something bad always seemed to happen.

Hearing the other rider's voice, K'uavaen quickly turned his attention back to him, giving him a quick smile, and waving his hand in a dismissive motion. "There's no need to apologize. I can't even begin to understand what you are going through right now. It must be very difficult to be away from your home. You're trying to be patient, and that's really all anyone can ask for at this point. It's never easy when something like this happens, but if I may speak honestly, I think you are doing a damn fine job of getting yourself through it."

K'uavaen could not help but chuckle just a bit as Sh'van began talking again. The other man had manners enough to ask if it was ok to ask questions, although it wasn't really a question, it was more of like, a comment. That's what really made K smile and chuckle. Nodding, he just let the man continue, figuring it was best to probably not interrupt him. At the question, K'uavaen thought for a moment, but while he was thinking, there was also a smile on his face. "Yes, it mostly certainly means that she is heading in the right direction. If I had to guess, you guys shouldn't be here more than a few more sevendays. She's doing really well, and to me, it seems like she will be just as good as new once its fully healed. There shouldn't be any lasting effects I wouldn't think."

After a slight pause he said, "So I hope that helps you relax a little and know you've done the right thing."