Organized chaos | Tag: Joss[Ember]

The Crafter Complex is a series of buildings that contain craft halls and rooms for the crafters of New Atricis to work. There is a single dorm building for apprentices, while journeyman and masters live in second floor rooms in their respective crafts. Off to the side from the complex is the largest building, the Infirmary, where everyone in the Weyr receives Healer attention and desk workers keep track of who comes and goes at the entrance to the Infirmary.
Slasher

Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:43 am

LoveHeartsEgg
Copy the code below!

Code: Select all

[img]http://www.newatricis.com/images/Games/EggHunt2018/LoveHeartsEgg.png[/img]
[b][size=150][color=#f3a5c0]LoveHeartsEgg[/color][/size][/b]
It was a short end to a long day as the sun set across the Weyr. Drudges were already bustling about to uncover the glows in hallways, and people were beginning to wander towards the Dining Hall to eat dinner. Soft murmurs of patients and their healers could be heard drifting gently through the Infirmary rooms as a short woman walked briskly past them all. There was wounded, and sick filling the beds, but she was more interested in one of her favorite activities. Checking the storage rooms. There was something calming about organizing and cleaning up a small room. A green firelizard offered a happy trill as she shot over the woman's head, flapping to glide ahead and vanish around a corner. With a soft shake of her head at Moki's own excitement towards their chosen task, Shihei also rounded the corner. A few more steps, and she arrived at a mostly unmarked door. The flitt was hovering near the entryway, then shot in as the dark-haired woman pushed it open and walked into the storage room.

And froze, her hand still on the door. The room was a mess. It looked like no one had bothered to organize in a few turns. Small boxes and jars were just stacked haphazardly on the floor, half the wall shelves were empty, the rest of the goods were obviously not in the right places. She was almost afraid to see what the cabinet in the back looked like. With a small sigh, she glanced towards the hovering green flitt,"Well, not quite what I was expecting, but it is why we came, right?"

Stepping into the room, she stopped at the first shelf, running a few fingers along the empty surface, "At least it isn't caked in dust and cobwebs..." In response to her remark, the firelizard chirped and shot over to a slightly teetering pile of boxes. Landing carefully on them, it only swayed a little with her added weight. Shihei glanced back at the shelf, eyeing the label, then the short line of small pots on it. With a frown, she removed the numbweed salve and turned with a few carefully balanced in her hands, dark eyes running the length of the shelves, scanning for the proper spot.
Last edited by Slasher on Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
~:Stories:~ ~:Monies:~ ~:Plotter:~
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:00 pm

Since arriving at the Weyr, Fool had been a good boy. He'd kept by Joss' side without hesitation, and made sure he listened to every word that had been said to him. For the most part at least. There had been times when he'd slipped away to explore, as he had the last time they'd been at the Weyr, but this time he was sad. He hadn't been able to find his familiar friend. The brown sighed the first time he came to that realization, but the second night he'd been certain he'd spied her, only to be pulled back by Joss who had chores to do in another direction, and so going after her wasn't an option, otherwise he would have given chase in the hopes of finding out!

Tonight though was different. Joss was indeed busy, and would soon be looking for him, but the brown had a little time before his absence was noticed, and so he decided he would go peeking around for familiar friend. He had seen her again earlier, and was even more determined to find her, if it was indeed her. He searched an area that he hadn't looked in before, and the smell he'd found there was very much her own - he was close! The firelizard trilled and puffed out, wriggling excitedly as he realized he was so close to reuniting with someone he liked! Then Joss could meet her, and it would be so wonderful!

Eventually, he came across a familiar voice, at least it sounded like her to Fool. He approached the storage room cautiously, not wanting to surprise some poor soul who wasn't expecting a dropped in visitor. Peering inside, he saw a dark head, saw a green tail, and then he chirped and slipped inside where... yes... yes! It was them! Trilling happily the brown flew a complete circle around the pair before landing on Shihei's shoulder and nuzzling against her, pleased that he'd found her after such an exhaustive search. He showed her such a round of pictures and images she wouldn't be able to handle them all, but he was just so excited!
Dirce L'van D'kellen D'ante V'ric Na'vi K'rios J'on
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Fali'vas Koda'vis Melangell Cataren Sianca Feraliss Yaranavexa Rathiran

Compendium | NPC Archive | Wanted Connections | Marks Tracker | Emporium

[ Threads Wanted ]

Slasher

Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:04 am

Moki was more than content to perch and watch as Shihei puttered about the room, moving with surprising efficiency for the state of it. The jars of numbweed were set in their designated spot on the long shelves, and she turned to the next closest. Turning to the next jar, she lifted it and then sighed softly. The label was faded and gone. Now a difficult decision faced her. It was unlikely that it was piled, considering the lack of dust and obviously old debris in the small room, yet it was apparently aged enough for the label to be unreadable. She could open the jar, and chance whatever potential scariness that was within, or she could just toss it. She hated the idea of wasting something, especially if it was some sort of medicine. With a slightly hesitant move, she started turning the lid.

The action was interrupted however, as a brown streak was suddenly doing a circle around her head, "Oh!" Moki offered an equally surprised chirp-squawk and leapt from her precariously stacked pile of boxes. Only a couple fell from the tower, tumbling slowly down a few stacks. Shihei couldn't help but have surprise lacing her voice as she turned her head around to try and see the flying critter. And then the brown was trilling, and suddenly on her shoulder. He didn't even give her a chance to say anything before she was bombarded by images and feelings from the flitter. Moki trilled again and swooped around the healer's head before landing on the same shoulder, crowding against the brown.

"Oh, alright you two, come on now." There was amusement in her voice as she set the jar back on the shelf and moved her arm to lift Moki up from her shoulder, and set her on a shelf as well. The green gave a slightly offended squeak, then settled. Moving towards the brown now, she lightly lifted him onto her forearm so she could see him better, "I feel familiarity from you, handsome boy, but can't quite...Oh!" She was only catching flashes of the flood of images and excitement he was sending, but what few snippets she did catch seemed familiar, including a few of herself. "Fool! It's been a long time!" As Shihei recognized the flitt, Moki did as well and offered an excited chirping trumpet, launching from the shelf and diving towards him. She landed neatly on Shihei's shoulder, and walked along her upraised arm a little to start rubbing her small green head all up and down and around Fool's outstretched neck, chirping all the while.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Ember

Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:40 pm

Oh, they remembered him, they remembered! Fool felt like he was floating in the clouds as Moki and Shihei gave him all the attention and sweet words that he could ever hope and want for. He received plenty from his human of course - Joss was the best human ever! - but he had been worried that his appearance wouldn't be recalled, not realizing just how long it had been since they'd last seen one another, and yet all of that anxiety had been for naught which had all been a very good thing indeed. Trilling happily once again, he curled up in a little ball against his friends and wriggled against them, pleased to remain that way for a few moments.

A few because he knew that Joss was looking for him now, and it was only a matter of time before the man found him in the infirmary. He lifted his head up to look at Shihei and chirped, head tilted slightly and mind swirling with an image or two of his human, though it was far more idealistic than reality would present itself with shortly. ~~Joss coming, human coming, Shihei and human Joss meeting with Moki and Fool nearby~~ He sent the excited images, certain the last one would come true, and started to flicker his wings even more quickly.

When Joss eventually figured out where Fool was, he groaned and started to head in that direction. He was going to have to do some heavy explaining on this one to ensure the firelizard didn't get himself in trouble. Though he wasn't upset that he had wondered off, more than he was bothering the healer in question, though the healer would certainly be someone to keep happy in case he needed to have his firelizard seen in a pinch in the future, he figured. Even his wher, should he come to bond to one. When he reached the infirmary, he stepped inside, heard a chirp that could only belong to Fool, and followed it. Fool, meanwhile, shifted and slid against Shihei's shoulder before taking to the air. ~~Joss here, Joss come, Joss helping~~ he sent, trying to lure his human ever closer before chirping at Moki and looking for a place for them to primly sit while their humans were about to be introduced to one another for the first time.

[ Threads Wanted ]

Slasher

Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:11 pm

If Fool had been a person, Shihei probably would not have remembered him, but dragonkin of all shapes and sizes held a special place in her heart, and Fool had made quite the impression those several Turns ago. Moki hopped over the brown to renew her administrations from the other side, and Shihei glanced around to try and find a safe location to deposit the armful of flitt. Unfortunately, the only pile was the sketchy one Moki had been on originally, and the shelves were a little awkward.

But then a soft chirp caught her attention, and she looked down at Fool, catches the images he threw of a dark-skinned man, and she got the impression of Fool's love for him, and the feeling of 'approaching, looking'. Then herself, and the man, and the feeling of the brown's joy and excitement. Shihei just chuckled, and turned towards the door, her expression one of neutral friendliness. Then the brown launched, and she could assume the man was close. Moki chirped back at Fool, then fluttered up before shooting out the door to peek out into the hall. Seeing the man approaching down the hall, she chirped and shot back into the room to land once again on her precarious pile of boxes. It swayed the slightest bit as her weight settled on it again, but didn't tumble down.

Shihei, for her part, turned and again lifted the jar she had set down, again considering the potential danger within it. Perhaps this man might be of some aid...She ran her thumb over the label, turning it this way and that in the light. With a slightly defeated sigh, she looked up at the doorway. As she heard footsteps approach, she moved up, and stuck her own head out, "Come to collect your Fool?" She was mildly surprised at the stature of this man, though it didn't show on her face as she looked up at him. "Hello, I'm Dragonhealer Shihei."
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Ember

Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:13 pm

He lifted his hand in greeting when he spotted the woman sticking her head out. Fool had shown him images of her, insisted that she wouldn't mind him bothering her. But Joss still had his doubts. She didn't look annoyed though, didn't sound annoyed. That was a relief at least. He smiled as he finally neared, and that's when he answered her holding out a large hand in the hopes that she would be willing to shake away any upset she might feel, but mostly because that was the polite thing to do. "Greetings, Dragonhealer Shihei. Wher Candidate Kelajosidran, but you can call me Joss." Fool appeared from the doorway and flew to his shoulder where he crooned and nuzzled against his cheek.

"I hope he wasn't being too much of a bother. I try and keep him to my side when I can, but sometimes he likes to explore and..." The brown started to show him pictures of their last time at Atricis, when he'd last met this woman, and Joss lifted a brow at his pet. He glanced at her, slightly amused but not at all upset. "Ah, so now I know where he went all those times while I was healing up. He was coming and visiting you. I suppose I could apologize for something that happened Turns ago, but you don't look like you're upset about that, unless you need me to be sorry for not having more control over him." Pretty friend speaking with Joss, happy Fool, the brown sent, and Joss nodded; yes, Fool, she is indeed a pretty friend.

[ Threads Wanted ]

Slasher

Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:23 pm

As he extended his hand, she offered he own, her digits dwarfed against his. A quick, business-like shake, and she pulled her hand back, stepping back into the small room, "Hello, Kelajosidran." As Fool swooped to land on the man's shoulder, she couldn't help but smile a tiny bit to herself. Moki, for her part, did the same, hopping and landing on Shihei's shoulder with a flap. Settling on the woman, her tail hooked idly around the braid hanging down behind the healer. "Oh, no! When we met Fool several Turns ago, and he was quite the gentleman." She lifted a hand to let the green on her shoulder rub her small wedge shaped head against it, gently scritching the tiny eye ridges.

As Joss finished speaking, she shook her head, "No, that would be silly. There is nothing to apologize for." She turned then to her task at hand, eyeing the mysterious jar. After a moment, she lifted it and offered it to the man, "Have you any clue what this faded label might say?" Moki chirped, and again fluttered over to her precarious stack, watching the pair with whirling eyes. Shihei glanced at the pile, then towards the shelves, "I was told this room was organized, and I come to check and find this." A gentle shake of her head as she lifts another jar, and sets it in its designated spot. Turning back towards Joss, she looked up at him, again being struck by his sheer height vs her own slightly shorter stature.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Ember

Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:57 pm

In any other situation, Joss would have been on his way. Business was over with, there was no reason for him to linger longer than he already had. He was even in a genial enough mood to allow Fool to remain behind since he seemed fond of the woman and her green. But staying as well seemed like an option that lingered in the air, especially when her words settled between them and he considered his options carefully. Leaving would make it seem like he didn't care that she had a giant task ahead of her that only she had the prospect of tending to. Leaving would make it seem like he cared only about himself and the firelizard he'd come to claim back from her. He wasn't that kind of man. He enjoyed helping others, not just when it suited him, but when they genuinely looked like they needed it, and this seemed like a situation in which she could use an extra set or two of fingers. Besides, from the images Fool was sending him, the brown really wanted him to stay, and if Joss was honest with himself... he wanted to stay as well, for his own selfish needs.

He took the jar, and read the label, thumb dusting over it until something legible started to spring out at him. Or at least he thought he could read it. "I think it might be..." He wasn't sure exactly, in all honesty, he just wanted an excuse to initiate a reason to remain behind and state his intention to offer assistance. He set the jar aside and moved to stand by her, Fool catching drift of his thoughts and chirping happily to know that they wouldn't be leaving anytime soon. "Look, since I'm here, what can I help you with? I'm done with my normal chores and work for now, and I've already started on what I'll have to do tonight, so there won't be as much for me to do. I can lend you a hand here, which means you won't have to spend as much time dusting corners or organizing another person's mess." He stopped just short of offering to buy her a drink from the bar after they were done, as a treat, and not just because he was supposed to be dry as a candidate.

[ Threads Wanted ]

Slasher

Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:11 pm

While he examined the label, attempting to possibly rub more grime off to help decipher it, she waited patiently, her expression pleasantly neutral. When he started to suggest something, her head tilted the slightest bit, eager for the answer. Which never came. With a tiny, hidden smile as he set the jar aside and moved to stand near her. Perhaps that jar would remain for the end of this little task. At his offer of help, she smiled again a little as Moki chirped happily and jumped off her pile to do another quick swoop around Fool.

With the offer of help, the woman nodded, "Normally, I wouldn't bother anyone else with this task, but since Fool brought you, and if you've nothing else to draw your attention...I accept. And I will notify the Candidate Master of your aid as well. I would think it should count as some of your required chores." She turned then, and reached for Moki's pile of teetering packages, "The shelves themselves are labeled with what is supposed to be in that area, there are obviously scattered jars, and small boxes. Everything is supposed to be labeled properly, but as you saw, some of those labels are aged and indecipherable." She lifted a small box, turning it to see the label, "If you cannot read it, merely set it aside, and we will investigate the mystery of whatever the container contains after we get the rest done." She set the box up on a shelf marked 'small cloth bandages'.

Turning towards him, she gestured to the wall near the doorway, "There are a few rags hanging if something is dusty, though luckily it isn't as bad as some of the lower storage rooms in here." With a polite smile, she turned back to a shelf, lifting another small jar, then turning and setting it on another shelf. Her tone the entire time had been businesslike, with odd hints of differing friendliness and monotone, as if her attitude were somewhere in between.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Ember

Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:14 pm

He grinned and gave a partial nod. A "yes, ma'am" expression as he started to move towards the shelf where the rags were, tucking a couple in his belt before grabbing one of the boxes to begin riffling through them. Every so often, he would glance in her direction, wondering if he should try talking to her, or if she was the type that would find chatter during work a distraction. It wouldn't hurt to attempt a little conversation, he thought, since they had quite a bit to move through, and why not try and get to know someone Fool was obviously attached to, given how the brown was trying to follow what the woman was doing very closely.

Joss was actually amused by what his firelizard was doing, considering he wasn't one who wandered away form him often. Sure, there were instances - obviously so if he'd come to know her the Turn they'd been stuck at the Weyr all that time ago - but in general it wasn't that much of an issue. At least he wasn't a creature with the habit of getting himself in trouble; he kept himself in sorts, and well behaved, and for that the man was thankful. Smiling he turned back to the bottle in his hand, noticing the label on it looked pretty legible and clear still, so he dusted it off and set it aside for her to put away on the shelf.

"So," he grabbed up another bottle, this one very obviously a lost cause, and after dusting it set this one in the appropriate box. "Dragonhealer Shihei... how long have you been a part of your craft? I must say, until my first visit to the Weyr, I didn't even know such a thing existed - healers for dragonkin. It came with being from an isolated Hold in the South, I suppose."

[ Threads Wanted ]