Flicker ~ { Tag } Parker/Corbin

The Crafter Complex is a series of buildings that contain craft halls and rooms for the crafters of New Atricis to work. There is a single dorm building for apprentices, while journeyman and masters live in second floor rooms in their respective crafts. Off to the side from the complex is the largest building, the Infirmary, where everyone in the Weyr receives Healer attention and desk workers keep track of who comes and goes at the entrance to the Infirmary.
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:22 am

"I'm curious the back story of how a tried criminal of High Reaches managed to become a wherhandler."

It took everything she had in her, that special brand of strength she'd created and nurtured over the Turns in particular, to keep herself from looking at him or the side of her hand. She knew without having to do that, that the makeup she'd found to cover it up had somehow worn off. It had never done that before, even after repeated washings, but she suspected that with how she'd scrubbed at her hands earlier, it had been scratched away, and now that it had... Fuck, she was stupid for going without her gloves, but she found they got in the way of tending to patients in the infirmary, and it made it easier to work there period. She continued to work, though it was clear that his words were starting to affect her; her fingers were quivering slightly and her jaw was settling into a firm, tight line. And still, she said nothing a all.

Did she reached for a scalpel first, or try to drug him with fellis before taking off...

For Turns she'd been so careful about everything. Then she'd finally felt safe enough to let her guard down, only to have this happen. Of course it would be this man to see through the layers, to notice the tattoo on her hand, and to know exactly what it meant. She wanted to rip the flesh from her hand and toss it in a fire, and she didn't even care if it caused her to bleed dry. To between with everything she'd learned the last couple of Turns. She was about to lose everything she had gained since leaving the North, including Sarsk. Either this man was going to send her back to High Reaches to face her mother, or he was going to kill her for whatever reward her mother had on her head still, or there would be words exchanged with the Weyrleaders.

The only option would be to leave. To find some way to escape him before he could leave the infirmary, and pack her things. She could take Sarsk with her. There would be felines to deal with, that would be a problem, but if they headed for the coast, perhaps there'd be a chance to avoid them.

Her fingers had gone from quivering, to full on shaking, so she set the needle and thread down for a moment and pushed away from the table to stand. Going over to the cabinets, she got up on the step stool and started to riffle through the cabinets, grabbing more bandages than she needed, but it distracted her, though not enough. "So how long will I have after I'm finished with you before you go telling the Weyrleaders? Or did she send you after me?" Just in case, not knowing what she would face when she turned around again, she grabbed a scalpel from one of the shelves and slide it in her sleeve.
Dirce ~◇~ Finn ~◇~ L'van~◇~ D'kellen ~◇~ D'ante ~◇~ V'ric ~◇~ Na'vi ~◇~ K'rios ~◇~ J'on
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Joss ~◇~ Fali'vas ~◇~ Koda'vis ~◇~ Cataren ~◇~ Feraliss ~◇~ Rathiran ~◇~ Alastair ~◇~ Melangell
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Compendium | NPC Archive | Wanted Connections | Marks Tracker | Emporium

“It's better to write something, anything, than to starve the monster. The monster must feed. And it will feed on your soul if not your words. Its appetite is insatiable. Write to save yourself from the monster.”
― Don Roff ―
Parker
Site Admin
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him

Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:35 pm

The tenseness in the air thickened and Corbin could tell that she was doing her best to not run from the room. He stayed silent, watching her actions and her facial expressions. She was an animal with its back in the corner and he was the only thing between being trapped and freedom. At least that was what she thought the situation was. All the while his eyes watched her cautiously, but the look on his face could have been read as one of boredom.

"So how long will I have after I'm finished with you before you go telling the Weyrleaders? Or did she send you after me?"

While she was rifling through the cabinets, Corbin got up and silently moved behind her. Blood ran down his bare torso as he waited for her to turn around. Once she did he grabbed a hold of her wrist and stared her down for a few moments before he carefully reached into the sleeve of her shirt and pulled out the scalpel. He kept staring her down as he put the scalpel back where it belonged. Her wrist he released, but he instead of backing away he put a hand on either side of her on the cabinet, truly trapping her. "I've been cut once today. You want to see me in a really bad mood? Then just try and make it twice."

He backed up then and moved back to the cot. The fact he turned his back on her and had left the scalpel showed how little of a threat he thought she was. "Relax. I'm not here to do either of those things. Truthfully, detective or not, I really don't give a shit about what you supposedly did to earn that tattoo, nor if someone is still after you for it. Now, are you going to stitch me up or not?"
Image Image Image Image Image
F'lin & Mnenomth | Mar'lus & Shardamakath | C'sian & Gastoneth | B'tian & Villeforth | Sid'nis & Iolith
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth | So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

.::..::..::..::..::..
PC Character Tracker | Marks Tracker | NPC Stash
Ember

Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:36 am

"Relax. I'm not here to do either of those things. Truthfully, detective or not, I really don't give a shit about what you supposedly did to earn that tattoo, nor if someone is still after you for it. Now, are you going to stitch me up or not?"

She was silent and still as he returned to the table, and while the option was there to take the scalpel back, she didn't take it. Truth of the matter was, she knew she wasn't a match for him, and they were both very well aware of that fact. She was small, and she could get in undercover. But this wasn't a situation made for stealth, this was something else completely. He would catch her on the first try and she'd be finished. And he didn't care? She snorted to herself. Did that mean she wasn't supposed to care either?

She grabbed the bandages and set them aside, washed her hands with redwort again, then returned to his side. She wasn't shaking this time, but clearly something was different as she settled in to work on his chest. She cleaned up some of the blood that had poured out of him, numbed him up unlike what she'd originally intended, then leaned in to begin the first stitch. "You say that you don't care." Clearly that was obvious. Another stitch, more skin was pulled together.

"But apparently I've killed my father. The Lord Hold of High Reaches Hold." She'd never told anyone, and yet she was telling him. She shrugged mentally at why she was doing so. Perhaps because he knew she was a criminal, what else did she have to lose? "So you know, perhaps you should care. I'm sure mother still has a pretty price on my head. She's probably still paranoid in some recess," she paused when she came to a difficult section of flesh, then continued to speak as she passed it. "of her fucking mind that I'll come back, find the evidence I'm still certain is in High Reaches somewhere that she did it, and take control of my Hold." She shrugged. "So you know, like I said, care, because you could probably get yourself a pretty little reward for bringing me to her if you wanted."
Dirce ~◇~ Finn ~◇~ L'van~◇~ D'kellen ~◇~ D'ante ~◇~ V'ric ~◇~ Na'vi ~◇~ K'rios ~◇~ J'on

Joss ~◇~ Fali'vas ~◇~ Koda'vis ~◇~ Cataren ~◇~ Feraliss ~◇~ Rathiran ~◇~ Alastair ~◇~ Melangell

“It's better to write something, anything, than to starve the monster. The monster must feed. And it will feed on your soul if not your words. Its appetite is insatiable. Write to save yourself from the monster.”
― Don Roff ―
Parker
Site Admin

Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:15 am

Corbin leaned back a little as she cleaned the blood from around his wound and numbed the skin before she began to stitch the wound closed. He'd had plenty of stitches before, some times without any numbweed, so this was nothing. At the very least she wasn't trying to stab him now or run away. "If I say I don't care, I don't care." He stated firmly again. He really didn't care about her and her past. How else was he suppose to convey that than by saying he didn't care? Still he listened to her as she explained a bit of what she had been convicted of. Not like he had much choice, honestly.

"Are you wanting me to turn you in for marks? Because that's what it sounds like. I'll have you know, though, that that is purely your idea, not mine." Corbin stated as he ran a hand through his hair in frustration. "Look, we don't know each other, so I'll try and forgive the insult that you would assume I'd automatically turn you in for money. I actually wouldn't do that. You may think me to be a lot of things, but I am an honest detective."

With a healthy dose of sarcasm, Corbin placed a hand over his heart and raised his other hand. "I solemnly swear that I have no intention to turn you in to anyone. High Reaches isn't my jurisdiction. I feel no conviction to do anything that would either help or harm one of their ongoing criminal cases. If I was at all interested it would be to find out the truth of what really happened. Find this evidence you say this woman is hiding, but again....that is High Reaches and has nothing to do with New Atricis." He pointed out. "Now, if for whatever reason, High Reaches came here looking for you...I would be so inclined as to investigate your case myself. Now know, if the evidence did point to you I would not hide that evidence." Maybe now she would understand how he felt.
F'lin & Mnenomth | Mar'lus & Shardamakath | C'sian & Gastoneth | B'tian & Villeforth | Sid'nis & Iolith
Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth | So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

Ember

Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:38 am

He really was an asshole, but he seemed to be an asshole with a heart. She supposed there was nothing that could be done with it now. Someone knew, and the world wasn't falling down around her. There was a part of her that feared the fact, but there wasn't anything that she needed to do about it. He seemed genuine, even if he was a sarcastic dick about it, and she felt like she could trust him. Strange, but she was going to go with her instinct on the matter - not that she had any choice in the matter. "Hopefully nothing wi--" She stopped herself. He said he didn't care, there was no sense in voicing herself or her opinions. Leave it alone, she told herself, just move away.

She leaned forward as she continued to work on his chest, especially as the stitching became a little more difficult to tend to. "You're going to need to be careful." She said, focusing on "healer mind" and figuring that would be more appreciated than what was truly going on in her head. She observed what was going on, and flickered through the possibilities of what could go wrong if he wasn't careful. "Due to the location of the wound and its depth, the chance of infection at this stage is fairly high. I made sure it was washed out well, but that doesn't guarantee anything." Nothing was ever guaranteed, that much was certain.

She glanced at it as she neared a finished, deciding her hands were steady enough that she wouldn't need to go back and redo any of the sutures. "You'll want to avoid getting the sutures wet. They get damp, they can mold up, or become infected, and I'm sure you don't wish to see me again after this."

― Don Roff ―
Parker
Site Admin

Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:16 am

Corbin, for all he was an asshole, at least he was a still asshole as she stitched his wound up. "I'm about as careful as one can be in my line of work. Sometimes it just isn't an option." He stated in a snarky tone. Honestly, he could be more careful a lot of the times, but he rather liked playing it fast and loose. There was a certain thrill with chasing down the bad guy, getting the upper hand in a fight, all to see justice done. As long as justice was given that was all that mattered....or so that's what he always told himself. "This isn't the first deep wound I've gotten. I think I'll be just fine." He stated and pointed to a very ugly scar over his ribs. It wasn't long, but the way it puckered it had been a very deep wound.

"You'll want to avoid getting the sutures wet. They get damp, they can mold up, or become infected, and I'm sure you don't wish to see me again after this."

That comment caused him to smirk a little. "I generally don't mind a woman with a bit of a bite in her. On days when I'm not already bleeding profusely, of course. Still, you have been quite a bit of a headache." He leaned back and got a better look at her. Not that he hadn't looked at her before, but he really didn't pay her much attention if he was honest, which he could be bluntly honest in fact. "If you'd like to make it up to me, I'd be more than happy to let you. Perhaps instead of just bringing me my dinner, you'd care to join me for dinner." Yes, he was hitting on her, shamelessly even at that.

Ember

Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:42 pm

"This isn't the first deep wound I've gotten. I think I'll be just fine."

She wasn't going to look, simply because it didn't feel like something important that needed to be done. Not only that, but she was so focused on her work, that it was more important for her to pay attention to the suturing instead. But there was something about scars on people she thought were attractive - that's the only thing this one had going for him, she thought, and that was something he would never find out from her, she added - that made her feel compelled to look. It was definitely something that must have been deep, painful, difficult to heal and perhaps even to repair. But she also took note of something and snorted before returning back to her own work before she caught herself staring in fascination. "Whoever stitched you up did a shit job of it."

"If you'd like to make it up to me, I'd be more than happy to let you. Perhaps instead of just bringing me my dinner, you'd care to join me for dinner."

She was tempted to stab at him with the needle she was using, but she recalled his words and decided she was in no mood to deal with him in that way tonight. He thought she was a headache? He had no fucking clue then! "Do you honestly think that's any way to pick up a date? If you really want to get into a woman's pants, you need to try a lot harder than that - perhaps start by not reminding her of the night you insulted her?" She liked a good roll in the furs any day of the sevenday herself, and perhaps she was curious about what it might be like with him, but she wasn't desperate and if he thought she was...

― Don Roff ―
Parker
Site Admin

Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:22 pm

"Whoever stitched you up did a shit job of it."

Corbin shrugged his shoulders but made sure to keep the rest of his torso still. "They did as well of a job as they needed to. I didn't exactly follow their rules after I was stitched up, so I'm sure some of that is on me." He admitted. It was in an odd location to boot, but he hadn't exactly rested in bed the way he was suppose to after receiving the injury. He'd been up and moving in a few days, far sooner than what the healers had wanted him to. Thanks to his impatience, that wound had been broke up a couple of times before finally the healers had drugged him enough to keep him in bed for several days. Corbin had not been a happy person after that had happened, but it had been for his own good.

"Do you honestly think that's any way to pick up a date? If you really want to get into a woman's pants, you need to try a lot harder than that - perhaps start by not reminding her of the night you insulted her?"

"I didn't insult you. I merely asked you to bring me food. How is that, by itself, in anyway insulting. If you took it insultingly that is your fault not mine. You could have easily told me no you wasn't going to get me food. What would I have done? Made you? No, don't be ridiculous." Corbing pointed out with a cheeky grin. "As for trying harder to get in your pants why would I do that? First of all, I said dinner, not a roll in the hay, but that is so obviously what you are curious about it is honestly a bit flattering. As soon as the suggestion was in your mind, you knew immediately if you'd say yes or no to me. Exactly who is benefiting now from you stalling on given which answer you truly want to give?"

Ember

Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:02 am

"They did as well of a job as they needed to. I didn't exactly follow their rules after I was stitched up, so I'm sure some of that is on me."

She frowned, the looked not just for the job of the other healer being ruined, but for the prospect that her own hard work was going to be destroyed by him. "So I suppose that means I should either prepare to see you again? That or tell my fellow healers to expect a visit from you? Maybe I should strap you down so you can heal? No, wait... you'd probably be the type to get some sick pleasure from that." And the image in her head of him being trapped on a table wasn't all that bad, come to think of it...

"As for trying harder to get in your pants why would I do that? First of all, I said dinner, not a roll in the hay, but that is so obviously what you are curious about it is honestly a bit flattering. As soon as the suggestion was in your mind, you knew immediately if you'd say yes or no to me. Exactly who is benefiting now from you stalling on given which answer you truly want to give?"

"Are you always like this, or am I just a special case?" She finished up his stitching and leaned back, checking to make sure she had done a proper job and maybe just to give him a look because why not. Satisfied with her work, which had remained steady despite their back and forth jabbing, she started to clean him up, waiting a moment because he was right, she knew how she was going to answer. "Fine. Dinner. One time, one night, that is it." That should make him happy, she told herself, and had nothing at all to do with her own curiosity. "You're still a bastard though, I'm letting you know that."

― Don Roff ―
Parker
Site Admin

Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:58 pm

"So I suppose that means I should either prepare to see you again? That or tell my fellow healers to expect a visit from you? Maybe I should strap you down so you can heal? No, wait... you'd probably be the type to get some sick pleasure from that."

Corbin shook his head. "Generally I would say that you are correct, but...considering a wher hatching could be in the near future, I think it best if I let this heal up well before then." He could be a stubborn asshole who played everything loose and fast with a devil-may-care attitude, but he wasn't an idiot. If there happened to be a wher hatching soon and he was still suffering with a large wound it'd be rather more difficult to take care of a wherling that way. He seriously doubted that there would be a hatching before this wound had a chance to fully heal, but it was a chance he wasn't willing to take, so he would be a good patient this time and do as the healer ordered.

"Are you always like this, or am I just a special case? Fine. Dinner. One time, one night, that is it. You're still a bastard though, I'm letting you know that."

He flashed her a charming, albeit wolfish, grin. "I'm not a complicated man. This is what I am like normally." He answered her honestly. If she didn't like it well...he wasn't going to do anything to change it. Why would he? He liked who he was and that was all that mattered. The wolfish grin widened even more as she gave the answer he knew she was going to give. She was finished with him now, so he stood up off the exam table and stepped rather close to her and leaned down until his face was only an inch away from hers. "I know I'm a bastard and I know you like it, even if you wish you didn't." He said with confidence. "I'll pick you up after your shift ends?" He asked curiously, but he didn't move back away from her.