Linens Lost Love {Tag: Shiravani(Ember)}

Very similar to the old lower caverns, these ones are a little less than before as well. These Lower Caverns almost exclusively hold storage rooms and living spaces for all the Weyrfolk.
Slasher

Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:02 pm

Since arriving at Atricis, life had been...different. Well, to be fair, life had started being different as soon as he arrived on the Sands back at Igen. And then Astropheth had hatched, and Levaex had become L'ex, something that the Harper had never even considered dreaming of. Oh, the romance of a dragonrider had been briefly attractive to the man when he was a child. After all, what young man on Pern didn't dream, even briefly, of riding a dragon, charging into the sky to fight the age-long nemesis, Thread? But no, he realized quickly that that was not the life for him. The world needed more than just warriors.

You are a warrior though, I chose you. The man couldn't help but smile at the voice that laced itself cheerily through his mind. It had taken a bit to get used to the mental communication, but L'ex's had adjusted surprisingly quick to his new lot in life. Granted, with the tragedy that brought them there, L'ex rapidly realized he was sorely unprepared for life as a dragonrider. All he had was his Harper clothes, for example. And even then, the quakes had ended up crashing his bunk at Igen, and he had...well, he had the clothes he Impressed in, and one or two other items he had managed to dig out. Once at Atricis, it became apparent after only a couple days that he would need to seek out some of the offered items for the Igen refugees. He fought it as long as he could, but once the only pair of pants he had ended up with numerous holes, the weyrling gave up fighting, and went to seek out the prescribed storage room. Supposedly, someone was in there, waiting for anyone who needed anything.

So he set off after tucking Astro in for a nap, heading into the depths of Atricis. It didn't take long at all for L'ex to get...well, he was lost. Every time he saw a person, he would ask where the storage room was, and every time he got directed a new direction. Finally he found himself jogging to try and find it, because he did have other duties to get to eventually, and who knew how long getting clothes was going to be...Jogging might have been a bit more than he could chew though. He saw what had to be the door, and grinned. A moment before he reached it though, he tripped. With a short yelp, he slammed the door, hit his knee, and fell to the ground. He hopped up a moment later, grumbling to himself and his own lack of coordination though.

Opening the door, ignoring the sting in his knee(he knew it had to at least be skinned from hitting the stone floor), he looked up. It was a small room, boxes and shelves lining the entirety of it, with a small table to the side. With a jovial, and slightly bashful grin, he spoke to the woman within, ”These caverns...I swear I'll never get the hang of navigat-” The woman had turned towards him as he spoke, and L'ex froze, his eyes wide, ”Rue?!”
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
~:Stories:~ ~:Monies:~ ~:Plotter:~
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:35 am

Hakan was the one that insisted on staying with her while the other lizards remained with the baby in the creche. She wasn't quite a baby anymore, Shiravani realized, but that didn't stop her from thinking of her daughter as one. She smiled as she continued to fold and smooth her hands over fabrics she was working with. Her daughter was growing in such leaps and bounds, she wouldn't be surprised if she ended up crafting the day after tomorrow. "It won't be long now, huh, Hakan?" She scratched the blue on her shoulder and smiled at him before turning as another of the Igenites entered the room.

She had been assigned to help some of them with clothing, new and old, refitting them or working on new pieces. It felt good to be of use now that she was back home at New Atricis. So much had changed since she'd departed of her own will, but... she was better now, in the best shape and state she'd been in in a long time. Being at the Weyr was a good thing now, where before it had hurt too much to remain within its boundaries. She smiled as she though about how now her daughter would be where her grandfather was, how she'd grow with uncles and auntes and cousins, with her grandfather and...

She stopped, because she was still mourning the fact that her mother had passed while she'd been gone. She pressed her fingers over her heart, heard Hakan croon in her ear, and stroked the blue's back. "I'll be fine." She whispered, and reassured the Igenite that she was okay, just had gotten lost in thought for a moment. The focus helped keep her mind on what was important - her weaving work, and then when they were gone, she had to busy herself with other tasks to keep her mind from wandering again. But she couldn't stop herself from freezing when she heard her nickname said by a very familiar voice.

"Rue?!"

...and a flush of warmth, unbidden, washed over her and settled in the bit of her belly. She grimaced and clenched her teeth together because he had found her and there'd be no running away now, no leaving the Weyr when she had settled in and her father was here. She couldn't do that to him, not after he'd lost her mother and baby sibling both. She clenched her fingers int the cloth she was stood in front of and Hakan stiffened, claws digging into her shoulder as he hissed at L'ex; she didn't bother to calm the blue down any. Then, without turning, still tense as fuck, she started to busy herself up and pretend like it was business as usual. "What are you in need of? New clothing, or a refitting?" Nevertheless, she grabbed what she would need to size him and slammed the basket on the table.

Please visit the above link for a list of my current
characters, links to their profiles, to see what
they look like, and find other little facts about them!

[ Marks Tracker | Graphics Shop | NPC Archive ]

“You fail only if you stop writing.”
— Ray Bradbury —
Slasher

Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:03 pm

The man couldn't help but stare a little, his chest pounding. He was glad that Astropheth had finally dozed off while L'ex had gotten turned around. The weyrling was glad because then he wouldn't have to try and explain what and why he was feeling what he was feeling at that moment, staring at her. She had been lost, he thought her dead so many times, and then convinced himself that no, he couldn't bear that thought, he had to be alive somewhere, just...He didn't know why she had left. It was obviously probably something he did, he had come to terms with that.

As she asked what he needed, not acknowledging who he was, the fact that they had been lovers never seeming to register with her. Is that how it was, then? Nothing had ever happened? They didn't know each other, intimately or otherwise? The flitt was hissing at him, something that only made his thoughts more compound as he approached the table, ”Clothes...New clothes, I guess...” He couldn't help but stare at her, lost all over again. His heart was hammering in his chest, and he felt like he couldn't breathe. He didn't know what to do over the fact that here she was.

He stared at her over the basket, his heart warring with his brain. Finally, he shook his head, unable to hold it in any longer, ”I'm sorry for whatever I did that drove you off, I truly am. I hope you're happier now though.” There, he got it out, now maybe they could move on, he could get clothes, and get out of her life, since it was obvious that was what she wanted. Except he didn't want to. Fuck.

He cleared his throat, and glanced down at his pants, he gestured at them, on the 'lets pretend nothing happened' train now, even if his throat was tight at finding her again, ”New pants, for sure...After going through the quake, and everything since, these have seen better days...” And to be true, the trousers he had on were basically ragged, showing flashes of his legs periodically, and paper thin in other spots. And freshly blood stained, as his skinned knee was showing through the fresh rip.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:38 pm

How was she supposed to forget though when thoughts of him invaded her dreams? When his touch lingered on her skin at night? When their daughter rested in the creche even now awaiting when her mother would return for her? She grimaced and held her fingers against the cloth beneath them, not sure what to do, what to say. She wanted to forget, and yet she didn't at the same time. To forget would erase her darling Rhaeryne. To forget would erase the whispers he'd spoken to her during those passionate moments together when she'd been in the throes of a bad dream at night.

She swallowed the painful lump of emotion at her throat, but where one had gone, another quickly replaced it, and she was tempted to shout at him, tell him to get out and leave her be. But if he was there, he was part of Igen, and if he was part of Igen, that meant he wasn't going anywhere - he was either ill, or one of the new weyrlings, and that meant his place at New Atricis was more or less solid. That angered her for some reason, and she opened her eyes to a pair of scissors nearby. Temptation, however, was not there - not to harm him, not to harm herself.

Instead, she spoke. "You think I want to forget?"

She grabbed her measuring tape, turned around, but still yet she could not look at his face. She kept her eyes away from his shoulders, didn't lift her gaze far beyond them. "Don't ever assume for me again..." Though how could he not with the way she'd left him, suddenly and without notice. Measuring was more uncomfortable for her than she would have liked, and she doubted it was any different for him, all things considering.

"You found a way to invade my world. You will not leave it at all." He wouldn't get much from her, and she would not tell him about Rhaeryne... she was not ready to do that, and she did not know when or if she ever would be. "I don't know how to make you go from it, I don't know how to get you from my thoughts, from my skin." She finished measuring him, made a few scribbles, and went over to her work station. "I try, and I try, and nothing works. Nothing is ever going to work."

Please visit the above link for a list of my current
characters, links to their profiles, to see what
they look like, and find other little facts about them!

[ Marks Tracker | Graphics Shop | NPC Archive ]

“You fail only if you stop writing.”
— Ray Bradbury —
Slasher

Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:44 pm

She wasn't looking at him, and it was probably for the best, honestly. He knew his eyes were perhaps a bit more glistening than they should be. He could feel the lump in the back of his throat, threatening to become something more than just this tightness in his chest that made it difficult to breathe. If she looked at him, he didn't know what he would do, what he might say, and he didn't...He didn't want to hurt her. And it seemed like his presence was doing just that. She was obviously flustered.

She measured him, he felt her trying not to really touch him, and he found he was thankful for it. If their skin touched, he knew he would feel that bolt, that zing of electricity that started all of this. It was a short relationship, but it was one that he had been...so happy in. And he thought she had been happy. As she spoke, as she finished measuring him, as she stepped away to her station to scribble some notes on his measurements, and moved out of the same air as him...It didn't make it any easier to breathe.

Even as she spoke, he wanted to step forward, grab her, hold her, never let her go again so she couldn't leave again. But...she had left for a reason. She was obviously alive, and well, and...he felt anger start to boil, anger he had argued with over and over the past few turns. He hated that he could be angry with her. He hated that he was so stupidly stuck on her that other woman never really caught his attention. He loved love, he always had. Romance poems, all of those things, but...none of them spoke of the anger that could come with it.

”...nothing is ever going to work."

His breathe went out a bit shakily. He had never been good about holding his anger in when it flared, but he was trying. ”I'm sorry you can't get me out of your head. I know how difficult that feeling is.” He glanced towards the shelves of clothes, ”They don't have to fit perfect...If you'd please just hand me some pants, I can come back later for other things, when someone else might be working. I'd hate to cause you any more pain.” There was an edge to his tone, one she might recognize. He was trying to stay civil, stay polite, but he was mad now. Mad at her, again. Sad at her, again. Such anger and sorrow warring within him, he bit the inside of his cheek to try and calm it before he said more he might regret.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage