Mystery Gifts on Amethyst Wings

Turn 2049
42nd Turn of the 9th Pass
Image Image Image Image
Meriwether

Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:57 pm

Fluttering about the Weyr, this little amethyst was kept very busy delivering notes left and right. Each time she stopped, a little chirrup was given and the person she approached reached into the basket dangling in her claws, drawing out a small slip of paper. Another twitter and she was off again, bringing cheer and smiles everywhere she went.

“What’s that?” You ask the nearest most recipient of Meriwether's’ visit.

“It’s a name.” They reply with an altruistic smile. “And now I get to surprise them with a gift, and hopefully someone drew my name too.” This person has a bounce in their step as they walk away, ready to fulfill their secret of gift giving.

After some deliberation, you decide to find out more and hear about a signup sheet hanging in the Dining Hall. Putting your name on the sheet is just as good as adding it to the basket Meriwether has been carrying around, and there’s a promise that she’ll come to visit you soon to draw the name of your own giftee as well.

Hopefully everyone will join in, and the spirit of the season will be upon us in full tiding this Turn!

-------

As you can see, this Turn we’re going to do something a little different during the Holiday season and we’re looking forward to our version of “Secret Santa” here on Atricis!

The rules are pretty standard, with a few adaptations,
  • *** Everyone is able to sign up, regardless of your time on the site - new or old, you’re eligible to participate! Replying to this thread is all you need to do.
    *** Members have until December 9th at 11:59 PM site time to sign up; this will give staff time to randomize pairings, and time for your own ministrations.

*** After that, PMs will be sent from Meriwether with the name of your giftee! You will have until December 24th at 11:59 PM site time to deliver your gift back to Meriwether for distribution.
    *** Gifts can include, but not limited to; marks, a gift from your own inventory, a private purchase from the Site Store*, artwork for one or more dragonkin or pets, banners or signature images for characters, something catered personally for the player rather than characters, or just about anything you think of, so long at it remains online. {If you are having trouble thinking up a gift idea, feel free to reach out to any member of staff for help}
    *** No one is expecting you to pay real money for anything, or give out your real address for this gift exchange.
    *** On December 25th, Meriwether will pay you another visit and this time she’ll be bringing you something from the heart of one of our wonderful members, just for you!

*** We ask that you do not talk to other members about your gifts or the person you’ve been chosen to get a gift for, as this will spoil the Secret!
    *** After gifts are revealed, if you'd like to step forward and announce yourself as the giver, no one will stop you from doing so, but the guessing is part of the fun too!
    *** If you’re feeling generous and would like to gift more than one person, you are welcome to, however only the name you’ll be given is part of this event.
    *** Of course, everyone who participates will also receive a little goodie from one of the Mascots as well, because you know we won’t be sitting this one out completely!

(*Private Purchases - can be made through the Meriwether account. Please PM the mascot account the item(s) you’d like to purchase, with whom they are for, and donate the appropriate marks. You will receive a confirmation message, and if this concludes your gifting, will also count toward the deadline of Dec 24th.)

As always, if you have any questions, comments or concerns about this, feel free to reach out to any member of Atricis Staff and we’ll do what we can to help!

We hope everyone enjoys this Turns Holiday event and have fun personalizing your gifts for each other!

With love,
- Atricis Staff
LdyPayne

Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:28 pm

This sounds like fun, count me in :)
Ainokesshou

Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:35 pm

I’m in too.
Dragonriders
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Day wher handlers
Image Image Image
Wher handlers
ImageImage
Pearlriders
Image Image
Candidates/Weyrfolk
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Slasher

Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:48 pm

I’m so in! :D
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
~:Stories:~ ~:Monies:~ ~:Plotter:~
Fawkes
Junior Admin
Title: The Majestic Birb
Pronouns: She/Her, or Birb

Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:36 pm

Even Staffers can join in,
So you betcha! ^.~
"You are only given one little spark of madness,
... you mustn't lose it"

ImageImageImage
The Lady . . ~ ~ * ~ ~ . . The Vixen . . ~ ~ * ~ ~ . . The Knight

ImageImageImage
The Matron . . ~ ~ * ~ ~ . . The Joker . . ~ ~ * ~ ~ . . The Princess

Image Image
The Mariner . ~ * ~ . The Heart

#332500/#C1A00C | #8AA259 | #A8482A | #B69064 | #667A8C | #B72334/#C3C3D0 | #181D68
~ Character Tracker ~ | * Marks Tracker *
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:51 pm

Tossing my hat into the ring then! <3

Please visit the above link for a list of my current
characters, links to their profiles, to see what
they look like, and find other little facts about them!

[ Marks Tracker | Graphics Shop | NPC Archive ]

“You fail only if you stop writing.”
— Ray Bradbury —
Kate

Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:53 pm

Im so in! <3
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
lucidmaus
Pronouns: She/Her

Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:26 am

Count this mouse in! :3
Image Image Image Image Image Image

D'mah o | o Pahaliah o | o Zultana
Aglaia o | o Zoraida o | o Lulajeta

~*~
|:- Character Tracker -:|:- Marks Tracker -:|:- Plotter -:|
|:- Candidate Q'nairre -:|

Note
|:- Tag freely - no permission needed! -:|
|:- I'm open to any and all threads! -:|
Lanni
Pronouns: She/Her

Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:58 am

I'll add my name to the list too! Sounds like fun!
Shaihulud
Pronouns: She/Her They/Them

Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:45 pm

Sure, why not?