As we're sure you've all noticed in the past few weeks, some serious stuff has gone down with Igen Weyr! After a massive earthquake damaged the Weyr, and an illness swept through its people, some desperate Igenite Dragonriders came to New Atricis Weyr for help. A conclave of the Weyrleaders of Pern was brought together, and it was decided that Igen Weyr would be evacuated, its people spread out between the different Weyrs, with the brunt of them and the ill going to New Atricis Weyr, including a new small group of Weyrlings from Igen's last hatching.
As the Igenites move in, who knows what could happen within the Weyr. The people of New Atricis have been called to action to aid in helping get the refugees of Igen settled into various forms of temporary and permanent housing, putting people and dragons where they can fit them. Of course, the history between Igen and Atricis hasn't been forgotten, while some seem only grateful to New Atricis for the aid, others aren't too pleased with being forced to live in this Faranth forsaken Weyr. Tensions run high during this stressful time for everyone.
What this means for members, is plot opportunities! Things likely aren't going to be perfect or go totally smooth, with some Igenites not pleased to be around Atricis and their "freakish" dragons, and even some Atricians holding their own biases against the Igenites. Igenite refugees from weyrfolk to dragonriders can be created as characters as well! And as a bonus surprise to everyone, the group of Igen Weyrlings coming into the Weyr will be going up as adoptables!
Rules & Guidelines for the Igen Adoptables
The Igen Weyrling Adoptables are considered "specialty" adoptables. Because of that, they are going to have some different rules and expectations for adopting them than normal adoptables would. So please we ask that everyone interested in these specialty adoptables read the below guidelines thoroughly before applying.
- For Specialty Adoptables we are looking for well thought out profiles and characters with honest effort put into them, as well as looking at previous activity levels of a player applying.
- To apply for one of these adoptable, please respond to the Adoptable Request forum as with any other adoptable.
- Applicants have 2 weeks (14 days) to complete the adoptable profiles in full. (A note will be made when the request is accepted that will include your deadline date.)
- Failure to finish an adoptable before your cutoff date will result in a 2 day cooldown before you can apply again.
- Failing to complete an adoptable twice will result in a 4 week cooldown from adopting at all.
- If staff contact you about changes needed to a character or profile when adopting, you will be given an extra 2 days to make the changes.
- Adoptable slots are required, but mutation tokens are not, even for the mutated babies. (however, Rare Dragonkin tokens are needed for the Bronzes, as well as other tokens that a character might need.)
- The normal month cooldown after adopting a regular adoptable does not apply to these Specialty Adoptables. (Meaning if you have recently adopted or applied to adopt, the regular adoption cooldown does not apply here, and you can apply for a Specialty Adoptable right away).
- DO NOT bully or guilt trip other players over the specialty adoptables. (The staff finding out about such behavior will result in punishments ranging from temporary or permanent ban from adoptables entirely, to a temporary or permanent ban from the site if severe enough to warrant it. So please play nice!)