Caught In Between [OPEN]

Instead of a series of large bathing rooms in the lower caverns, now Atricis has erected a building in the Weyr Yard with a hypercaust system for heated baths. There are multiple sections in the bath house, men, women, and family. There are drying cloths and places to store clothes and belongings available at the facilities, as well as a few, slightly more private, bathing rooms in each section of the bath house.
Marvealle
Site Admin
Title: Foxy Prince
Pronouns: Any

Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:48 pm

Kole was quick to make a mental note for Wraith, to not get near the chimera, especially if Locke wasn't around. Kole would have been excited to meet the chimera, but he understood that perhaps this dragon would be better to keep at a distance from himself, for both his own sake but also Locke's and Wraith's sakes as well. Kole could figure out that it was probably best for them to not find out what would happen if a dragon attacked someone.

Kole did admittedly like the assurances Locke gave him about the rules and such and the upsides to it, chuckling in agreement when he mentioned getting to Impress being one of them. He was curious why Locke grew up hating the idea of dragonriders, but had to file that away for later to ask about, as Locke was then asking him to help him scrub his back.

"Oh, yeah, not at all," Kole said easily, taking the brush and gesturing for Locke to turn around. Once he did, Kole made work on scrubbing Locke's back, starting on that spot in the middle he'd mentioned. He was growing comfortable now, not feeling so scared as to hide himself under the water quite so much, especially while he scrubbed Locke's back.

"There ya go, how's that," he asked after a moment, pulling the brush back and no longer sunk down so deep into the water.
Atricis: Next Generation
~..:: Character & Thread Tracker | Marks Tracker ::..~
Nali ..::||::.. K'rin ..::||::.. M'ir ..::||::.. Raevin ..::||::.. Inakil ..::||::.. Elias ..::||::.. Sterling ..::||::.. Lolena'vas ..::||::.. Rey'vas
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Parker
Site Admin
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him

Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:58 am

"Oh, yeah, not at all,"

"Thank you, my darling. You're a gem." Locke said with genuine gratitude. As soon as he began to scrub his back especially in the spot that itched, he began to purr like a feline practically. Some of the sounds he made as Kole scrubbed his back was not entirely proper....but then Locke wasn't the sort to care about that sort of thing either. If something felt good, then it felt good.

"There ya go, how's that,"

"That was absolutely wonderful. If you'd like, I can scrub your....breasts." Locke had been turning back around to face Kole when he noticed something rather obvious now and threw him off guard. To be fair, he only looked at his...her...chest for a moment before his eyes snapped up to look him...her...him in the eyes, but he was silent for a moment.

Then it dawned on him what he had just inadvertently said. "Sorry, so sorry. I didn't mean to say that...I'm just...I'm sorry, I...ah...I guess I'm just a little confused here." Locke admitted.
Image Image Image Image Image
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

.::..::..::..::..::..
PC Character Tracker | Marks Tracker | NPC Stash
Marvealle
Site Admin

Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:03 pm

Kole was a little taken aback by Locke's words, but chuckled and brushed it off, especially as the man practically purred like a feline. At first Kole was glad he was doing good for Locke, at least, until he made a few... sounds that made Kole blush a bit. No, he wasn't a bashful sort like that, but he hadn't been expecting it and it made him chuckle again nervously. And then Locke turned around, and he said...

"That was absolutely wonderful. If you'd like, I can scrub your....breasts."

"Oh shards," Kole muttered in horror at what he had just done. He'd gotten comfortable and had temporarily forgotten he was supposed to be discreet. He wasn't even embarrassed about Locke having seen his chest, as much as he was terrified of what was about to happen. He saw the wrath of the Candidatemaster coming down on him, as well as at least a scolding from a dragonrider too. Shards, he might miss the next hatching, why hadn't he just said something sooner and not gone into the men's bathing room.

"Sorry, so sorry. I didn't mean to say that...I'm just...I'm sorry, I...ah...I guess I'm just a little confused here."

While Kole wasn't fully surprised by Locke's admittance to confusion, it surely wasn't what he had been expecting right away. For a moment he stood there in the water, his own confusion playing on his face before he winced sheepishly.

"Shards, please don't tell the Candidatemaster. When you assumed I was a male... well... you really weren't totally wrong and so I went with it... Shards, I don't usually get to explain this, especially not in a situation like this... I am a man I swear, I know I don't fully look like one, but I am a lot of the time. If the Candidatemaster knows I came in here though she'll flip."
Nali ..::||::.. K'rin ..::||::.. M'ir ..::||::.. Raevin ..::||::.. Inakil ..::||::.. Elias ..::||::.. Sterling ..::||::.. Lolena'vas ..::||::.. Rey'vas
Parker
Site Admin

Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:48 pm

"Shards, please don't tell the Candidatemaster. When you assumed I was a male... well... you really weren't totally wrong and so I went with it... Shards, I don't usually get to explain this, especially not in a situation like this... I am a man I swear, I know I don't fully look like one, but I am a lot of the time. If the Candidatemaster knows I came in here though she'll flip."

Locke's sharp ears picked up the sound of other voices in the halls outside of this bathing pool. He didn't know if they were headed in here or not, but better to be safe than sorry. He moved to block him and then gently put his hands on his shoulders to make sure he was lowered enough to be hidden. "Shh, relax." He said in what he hoped was an assuring enough voice. "I'm not going to tell anyone anything, but if you're spotted by someone other than me I can't promise the same thing,"

"Look, don't feel you have to explain anything to me. I'm not going to bullshit you and say I understand, I don't, but I've known others who didn't exactly look what they were." Locke kept his voice lower, just in case the voices he heard in the hall showed up or could over hear. "I worked in a brothel that liked to claim they specialized in the forbidden, according Walled societies standards anways. Some of the nicest women I worked with had a dick and some of the men didn't...I didn't judge then and I'm not going to now." Locke was too free spirited to think anything other than that people should do and be what they wanted.

"My only concern is to make sure you don't get caught now." Just as he said that, those voice became louder and soon there were three other men now joining them in the pool. "Well...shit." Locke cursed, though he was glad when the three of them took the other end of the pool.
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

Marvealle
Site Admin

Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:33 am

When Locke moved and put his hands on his shoulders, for a moment, Kole felt a shock of worry through his body. There was somewhere in his mind that worried for his safety, realizing that he had no idea what person he had put himself into this position with. Then, Locke spoke, and Kole felt himself relax, a wave of relief that things weren’t about to go south. As Locke explained why he wasn’t going to judge even if he didn’t understand, Kole was surprised. A brothel. He couldn’t help but wonder what that was like, though he doubted it was anything pleasant. However, there was no chance to ask him about it, as Kole also now heard the voices right before some more men appeared.

”Shards,” Kole swore, though he too was glad the men chose the other side of the pool. With Locke between him and them and them on the other side, as long as Kole was careful he could hopefully just pretend like he belonged and not draw any attention. So, he slowly sank back into the water to hide his chest.

”I don’t think I’ll be able to get out of here without drawing attention now,” he said a bit low to make sure he wasn’t overheard, his eyes glancing over toward where the other men were briefly. ”Maybe we can just wait them out, and I can pretend to be a shy holder boy if they notice anything’s up,” he suggested, not sure what else to do.
Parker
Site Admin

Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:13 pm

”I don’t think I’ll be able to get out of here without drawing attention now. Maybe we can just wait them out, and I can pretend to be a shy holder boy if they notice anything’s up,”

"No, I mean, it might be possible to act nonchalant enough to not grab their attention, but probably best to not risk it," Locke said as he turned to look behind him at the three men on the other side of the pool. They seemed to be pretty engrossed in their own conversation and...drinking. Locke made a confused face. Last he heard food and drink wasn't allowed in the bathing pool, but these three were drinking from a bottle and not trying to hide it. "Probably the best action. I have no where to be, so I can wait as long as it will take." His protective nature would not allow him to leave Kole until he knew he was going to be safe from trouble. No, he didn't really know Kole, but that didn't matter.

"I suppose that means we're forced to good conversation in the mean time while we wait. Dreadful, I know, but it does look more natural than just us standing here staring at each other." Locke stated with sarcastic teasing like having to converse was the worst thing in the world. "Tell me more about yourself, Kole....or if you don't want to you can ask me anything," he gave Kole either option since he didn't want him to think he was trying to pressure him into talking about himself.

"Hey! You two! Come join us! It's a celebration! The more the merrier!" A drunken voice yelled at them from the other end of the pool.

Locke turned to them with a kind smile, "Thank you, but no thank you. We're fine. You all enjoy yourselves and congratulations for whatever you're celebrating." Locke said in a friendly voice and prayed to the goddess they'd leave them alone. "Don't look at them. Hopefully that decline will make them ignore us."

(Marve, feel free to control those three guys as well.)
Image Image Image Image

Marvealle
Site Admin

Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:40 am

Kole was a bit relieved that Locke was going to stay with him until it was safe. He'd gotten himself into quite a mess here, so he was glad that Locke wasn't going to leave unless he had to. When Locke made his joke about having to converse, Kole chuckled at the "dreadful I know," comment.

"I don't mind talking about myself," he admitted with a wave of his hand, though he did try to keep his voice a little lower so they wouldn't attract attention from the drinking men. Before he could say much more though, one of the men called over to them quite suddenly, making Kole tense a bit defensively. Lucky for Kole, Locke seemed to have a handle on how to respond to them, and he nodded when Locke said to not look at them and hopefully they would just ignore them. Mutual ignoring between the two groups would be favorable.

"Hopefully, hard to say if them drinking makes this situation better or worse though," he chuckled a little, trying to make light of it instead of sitting there all worried and tense. That was hard to do though when one of the men pushed it.

"Nawww, c'mon! Don't be like that, just one toast with us, eh," one of the men said, wading right over to them unabashedly brandishing a bottle of alcohol in encouragement to them.

"Clearly the alcohol is worse in this situation," Kole muttered, trying to hide behind Locke to keep from being found out. Shards this had been such a stupid idea.

"Awww, shy guy huh? Dun worry, I don't bite," the man continued.

"Please just go back to your friends," Kole dared to say, lowering his voice a little lower than usual to pass more easily for male and hoping another decline would deter him and make him go back to the other side of the pool. Unfortunately, it looked like his friends were starting to come over too.

"Y' must be new to the Weyr, c'mon we'll show ya a fine time," the man continued, clearly not meaning any harm but perhaps more drunk than he should have been for being in the baths and therefore not knowing when to stop as he reached to try and grab Kole from around Locke.
Parker
Site Admin

Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:34 am

Locke didn't have to see the man approaching as he could hear him coming through the splashing of the water. He rolled his eyes and gave a sigh. It couldn't be so easy. Nothing could ever be so easy. "Clearly. The way he is slurring his speech makes me think they've been celebrating for awhile now." He commented. Luckily, though, he couldn't detect that the man was wanting to cause trouble...he was just drunk and over-friendly.

Way too friendly apparently as suddenly the man was trying to reach for Kole behind him. Locke was able to stop him from grabbing Kole by lightly pushing his arm away. "C'mon, man.' Locke began with as friendly a smile as he could possibly muster. "We appreciate y'all's kindness in wanting to include us...but we're trying to enjoy each others' company."

At first the man seemed offended, but then his eyes widened. "Oh shit...are you two like...on a date or something? Our bad....but hey...you should still join us for a toast!! We can toast to you two and because my friend over there..." He pointed rather sloppily at one of the other men, "Became a father for the first time today." A chorus of cheers came from the other two men at that announcement.

Locke smiled widely and nodded his head. "Well, congratulations indeed." He said to the father and then turned back to the other man and leaned in a bit closer to talk softer, but still loud enough for Kole to hear. "No, this isn't a date....but I'm sort of hoping that maybe...." Locke made a few gestures that the other man seemed to understand clearly.

"Ooooooh.....I see. Say no more." The guy said and Locke thought that finally they would be left in peace. "C'mon...one toast. Then, I'll leave you alone. Promise." The man practically begged.

Locke turned to Kole, "You're call. One shot?" Maybe if they took the one shot they truly could be left in peace.
Image Image Image Image

Marvealle
Site Admin

Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:43 am

It actually took a lot of self control for Kole not to laugh as the drunk but friendly man misunderstood why Locke and Kole were here. It was the perfect cover though, since the man didn't seem to realize Kole was a candidate and Kole definitely wasn't going to say anything. But as the man seemed to come to a conclusion that Locke carefully placed in his drunk head, it took everything in Kole to not choke with laughter, so instead he looked away as if he was embarrassed, but really he was biting his lip to keep from laughing.

It took him a moment and a breath to steady himself before he could respond to Locke, giving a nod. If a shot would get the man to leave them alone, so be it. Sure he wasn't supposed to engage in alcohol as a candidate, but well, he was already doing things he wasn't technically supposed to and keeping those quiet.

"One shot, and tell your friend congrats," Kole responded, unable to keep some of the mirth from his voice. He did reach for the bottle the man had, tipped it in a toast, then took a drink before handing it to Locke. However, the way Kole's face screwed up at the burn of the alcohol was evident, and again he looked away, this time to keep it from being too obvious that he wasn't the most experienced drinker.

Image x8
Parker
Site Admin

Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:22 pm

Locke could practically feel the tension in Kole's body as he tried to not laugh at the scenario that was just painted in the drunk man's head. He turned to look at the candidate. Kole was given a wolfish, lopsided grin and cheeky wink. Yeah, he knew how to take care of way too drunk people. He just hoped that this ruse would keep until it was safe for them to make an exit.

"One shot, and tell your friend congrats,"

The drunk man watched with happiness as first Kole took a pull from the bottle and then handed it to Locke. He didn't think the drunk man had noticed, but he had seen the faces Kole made after that shot. Apparently the young man wasn't use to drinking. "To new life and celebrations." Locke toasted to the three drunks before he tipped the bottle back himself. However, he didn't just have one shot, but guzzled down as much as he could in one gulp.

"Hey! Leave some of it for us." The man cried as he made a sloppy grab for the bottle out of Locke's hand.

Locke smacked his lips and wiped his mouth. "That's some good shit. Thanks man...I think that liquid courage will really help me out here." He said in a lower voice and gestured towards Kole. "Now, mind leaving us be so I can work my magic?" Dear goddess, he hoped this worked.

The drunk man lazily looked between them. "Yeah, sure man, sure. Good luck to you." He said softly, but not so softly before he turned to Kole. "Little man. That's quite the stud you have begging for your attention. If you don't want to take him home and show him a good time tonight, you send him to us. We'll make sure he's treated right." He said far too loudly as he moved back to the others.

Locke turned to face Kole fully then. "Well, darling, does that little ploy earn me a good time tonight?" He asked, but was obviously joking about the situation. "At least he kept his word." Locke turned to look and saw the men cutting up with each other again and not paying attention to them. "You alright? That shot didn't seem to settle with you. Are you going to be alright?" He asked in a more serious tone.

Image x8 - counted
Image Image Image Image