Unexpected Bonds ~ { Tag } Lanni/Mila

Image
This is where all of Atricis' livestock is kept, and where the dragons and whers often feed. Beastcrafters are often in this area, with a building with small offices and living spaces nearby for the beastcrafters.
Post Reply
User avatar
Ember
Moderator
Posts: 1290
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:50 am
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them
Age: 35

Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:24 pm

Image
Dirce needed to get out for a bit. She didn't know how, or where. She was aware of the fact that she wouldn't be able to go far because of the danger of felines, and she didn't want to go far in case her siblings needed her. But with the tension thick between her and a certain goldrider - unless it was just her imagination - and the cage she kept her emotions in crumbling now that she was settling at the Weyr... she needed a moment to try and breath and recollect herself. Fishing would mean too much solitude, too much time alone with the thoughts she was trying to escape. But if she saddled up a runner, took it for a fast ride around the yard and the edges of the Weyr... well, that should be enough to give her something to anchor her for a bit.

Inkspell hovering over her, crooning in concern, she headed to the stables. It had been so long since she'd been on one, but she knew it would be just like a dragon - you never forgot how to ride one. She spoke to a stablehand and smiled when they recommended a perfect stallion for her to take out, something that would meet her needs and give her a nice ride around. Had on his neck, she started to prepare him when she heard someone over her shoulder and looked up to see a candidate coming in, head tilted curiously. For a moment she contemplated ignoring the girl, but then she offered a little smile. No reason to be rude, even if her mood wasn't the most eager for company. Perhaps they were needing an escape as well? "Here for chores or pleasure?"
Last edited by Ember on Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Dirce L'van D'kellen D'ante V'ric Na'vi K'rios J'on
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Fali'vas Koda'vis Melangell Cataren Sianca Feraliss Yaranavexa Rathiran
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Compendium | NPC Archive | Wanted Connections | Marks Tracker | Emporium


[ Threads Wanted ]

“It's better to write something, anything, than to starve the monster. The monster must feed. And it will feed on your soul if not your words. Its appetite is insatiable. Write to save yourself from the monster.”
― Don Roff ―
User avatar
Lanni
Posts: 156
Joined: Tue May 02, 2017 1:36 am
Age: 33

Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:20 am

~: Dragon Candidate Halimila :~
While her wounds were still rather painful at times, the journeyman healer had suggested that she allow someone to take most of her stitches out that day. Grateful to have the itchy things out of her skin, the mauled candidate agreed happily. However just a few moments into the process, there was a small "complication". It seemed that some of the fresh-healing skin had grown over a few of the smaller knots. Unwilling to risk her progress, the apprentice healer had asked for a more experienced healer to take a better look. What had started out as a half-hour of work had turned into a full morning of careful yet painful attention of a cute journeyman healer. As it turned out, the stitches on Halimila's face and shoulder could came out. The ones situated under her sling though? Those had been rubbed raw once more and would require more time to heal. That slice of bad news soured what had started off as a decent rest day. Angry and slightly saddened by the news, Mila sought refuge in a place where she thought she could be left alone.

Unfortunately the candidate wasn't alone in her plans as she was greeted by a half-familiar face of a fellow candidate. It was the other girl's greeting though that pulled Mila out of her thoughts. "Umm. Pleasure I guess?" She replied running her unhindered hand through her hair. "Are you going for a ride?" Mila asked feeling a bit out of place now. Her original idea had been to snag a brush and spend some time brushing out a docile mare or two.
User avatar
Ember
Moderator
Posts: 1290
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:50 am
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them
Age: 35

Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:21 am

It was easy to place a name with the face once she saw who it was. Halimila, one of the dragon candidates. Dirce didn't know all of them, of course, but she knew some; her brother was one after all, and she hung out with him enough to be around to hear names and associate them with certain individuals. Mila had been one of them. She offered the girl a slight smile, not paying notice to the fact that she had scars from an apparent mauling. It didn't matter to her that she had battle scars from the hatching sands - it happened, and in Dirce's opinion, there was no shame in having them. The girl should wear them with pride. It meant she'd been marked and survived and she was still walking and breathing. That was an accomplishment.

A part of her mind wondered why she wasn't being warmer, why she was thinking the way she was. She knew why, but she didn't let herself wander down that path.

Besides, she had a question to answer.

She finished the buckle she'd been working on when Mila had addressed her and nodded. "Going for a ride, yes. Need to get out for a little bit." Perhaps she could convince Mila to join her for a bit. Maybe together they could give each other some companionship for a while. Faranth, she had a feeling Mila could use some time away from healers and her father, if she knew how parents could be.

Thinking about parents made her frown for a moment, but she was quick to dash it, and just hoped the girl hadn't seen.

"Did you want to join me? I could use someone that knows the area more than I do." She offered a smile, this one tighter than she intended, but it slowly started to warm. She didn't want Mila to think she wasn't uncaring, but she wasn't sure why it was so important for her to try and make her feel so at ease. It might not even work, but she would try.
Dirce L'van D'kellen D'ante V'ric Na'vi K'rios J'on
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Fali'vas Koda'vis Melangell Cataren Sianca Feraliss Yaranavexa Rathiran
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Compendium | NPC Archive | Wanted Connections | Marks Tracker | Emporium


[ Threads Wanted ]

“It's better to write something, anything, than to starve the monster. The monster must feed. And it will feed on your soul if not your words. Its appetite is insatiable. Write to save yourself from the monster.”
― Don Roff ―
User avatar
Lanni
Posts: 156
Joined: Tue May 02, 2017 1:36 am
Age: 33

Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:19 am

If Mila had noted the other girl's tight tone, she didn't pay it much attention. Still a bit uncomfortable from the poking and prodding she had suffered recently, Halimila wasn't exactly paying attention to the finer details around her. In fact it wasn't until the other girl asked a question of her own that Mila was pulled out of her thoughts. Shifting her weight onto her other leg, the wounded female lifted her bad arm for the taller girl to see. "Not in the best shape to ride on my own," Hai said with a small note of bitterness. Hali knew it wasn't the other girl's fault that Mila wasn't in the best shape but for a few moments the bitterness of her situation shined bright in her mind.

As quick as the bitter notes entered her mind, Mila forced them away. Really, it wasn't the other girl's fault at all. Not everyone knew about her brush with dragonet claws at the last hatching, especially if they hadn't been on the Sands during the event. Forcing a brighter look onto her scarred face, Mila tried to come up with a better solution. "I could try to ride double with you, if you don't mind.... Or we could find a wagon?" She suggested with a look around them. "I'm sure they have one nearby for hauling posts and whatnot," Mila said as she waited for the other girl's response.
User avatar
Ember
Moderator
Posts: 1290
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:50 am
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them
Age: 35

Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:05 am

Dirce looked around while brushing a strand of hair from her eyes. She didn't see why they couldn't hook up a wagon. She hadn't meant to ignore the girl's bandages and conditions, she'd only been trying to be considerate - showing her that she wasn't going to treat her as someone with wounds and scars, but as someone who was normal and everyday despite them. She shrugged mentally, deciding she was going to ignore the bitter tone that had been used and focus instead on what had been suggested. She wasn't really in the mood to be antagonistic right now anyway. She was trying to be good, and she was going to do her best to stay in that mindset right now.

"I think I know where we can get one. Hold on for a moment." She returned a few moments later with a triumphant grin in place. "Found us a perfect wagon, complete with steps for you, little miss." Little because, compared to her tall frame, Mila was rather petite. She grabbed the reins of the runner she'd been working with, and led it outside, while a couple of stablehands were working on bringing the cart outside the stables they were in. "Come with me, you can see it for yourself and see if you approve once we're outside."
Dirce L'van D'kellen D'ante V'ric Na'vi K'rios J'on
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Fali'vas Koda'vis Melangell Cataren Sianca Feraliss Yaranavexa Rathiran
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Compendium | NPC Archive | Wanted Connections | Marks Tracker | Emporium


[ Threads Wanted ]

“It's better to write something, anything, than to starve the monster. The monster must feed. And it will feed on your soul if not your words. Its appetite is insatiable. Write to save yourself from the monster.”
― Don Roff ―
User avatar
Lanni
Posts: 156
Joined: Tue May 02, 2017 1:36 am
Age: 33

Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:35 am

Mila shifted her weight again as she waited for the taller girl to return. She was trying her best to resist the urge to itch the stitches under her sling. The healers had mentioned that the itching was a good sign but they never said how uncomfortable it all could be. Forcing her mind onto something else, Hali was glad when the other female made her way back to where the candidate girl was waiting. The grin on Dirce's face was enough to tug an answering smile from the shorter girl's lips. Maybe this day would turn out better than she had feared after all. At the mention of 'little miss', Mila felt her cheeks heat up with a small dose of embarrassment. It wasn't her choice to be so waif-like... However the embarrassment was short lived as Mila realized that the taller girl wasn't trying to poke fun at her. In fact, Mila could almost say that the words were dosed with affection. Pulling on her cheerful smile again, Mila moved to follow the fisher-girl.

"I'm sure which ever wagon you found would be a nice one," She said as her brown eyes blinked at the change in light. "I just hope it's not too much of a hassle to hook up," Halimila said not really understanding the processes of tacking a runner. Mentally cursing her own ignorance, the brunette promised herself that she would pay attention to how one hooked a beast up to a cart. A sudden whimper left the girl as her thoughts were startled by the arrival of Mavi. Muttering a low curse, Mila turned to the young reddite and wondered why the fancy-flit had chosen her bad shoulder to land on. "Mav! Be careful!" She hissed at the family member as she stopped in her tracks. "Um, Dirce? Could you wait a moment?" She called out a bit louder as she tried to shift the red-toned flit to another spot.
User avatar
Ember
Moderator
Posts: 1290
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:50 am
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them
Age: 35

Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:10 pm

"No hassle at all." It had been easy to find, and she'd even taken a few moments to look the set up over. While it wasn't quite the same, a part of her mind had noticed a few similarities to a small fishing vessel she'd once put together. At least she'd looked at it that way. So she figured it shouldn't be too much of a difficulty to put the cart together. "It'll be rather easy to get us going in fact." She was several steps ahead when she heard the younger woman call out, and immediately she stilled, thinking something had happened. It turned out to be a fancy flitt matter, something she understood though not for quite the same reasons that Mila was dealing with.

"Hey, hey, Mavi," she guessed it was the creature's name from what Mila had said at least. She wondered if Inkspell could help, and she mentally called for her friend to come back to her. When he appeared, she smiled and hoped that maybe he would be able to call the reddite into the air. Follow me, he seemed to communicate through motion with the younger fancy flitt. Why ride on a shoulder when we can ride on the wind? Dirce hoped it would help, though she wasn't entirely sure why she cared so much; though perhaps it was because Mila reminded her so much of her sister Sedna, just older.
Dirce L'van D'kellen D'ante V'ric Na'vi K'rios J'on
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Fali'vas Koda'vis Melangell Cataren Sianca Feraliss Yaranavexa Rathiran
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Compendium | NPC Archive | Wanted Connections | Marks Tracker | Emporium


[ Threads Wanted ]

“It's better to write something, anything, than to starve the monster. The monster must feed. And it will feed on your soul if not your words. Its appetite is insatiable. Write to save yourself from the monster.”
― Don Roff ―
User avatar
Lanni
Posts: 156
Joined: Tue May 02, 2017 1:36 am
Age: 33

Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:01 am

Even as Mila tried to disentangle Mavi from her sling, she could hear both Chime and Dirce call out for the starlizard's attention. While the pale lady was still too young to help out with the situation, Chime still scolded the larger lizard. Mila's face shifted into a small smile as the gossamer reached out to hit the larger reddite on the snout. It was then that the trio noticed another lizard had joined the fray. Wincing again as Mavi shifted to face the new creature, Mila shot what she hoped was a grateful smile at the other lady. As she was distracted Mavi chose that moment to use her injured shoulder as a jumping board to launch herself into the air. "Oi!" Hali called out as she raised her good hand to swat playfully at the now airborne starlizard.

Now that her sore shoulder was lizard free, Mila's good hand came back to shift Chime towards the braid laying over her good shoulder. "Thanks," The brown eyed candidate called out to both her human companion and their lizard friends. While she had originally ventured out for solitude, Halimila suddenly found herself glad that she had met the taller girl today. "I'm sorry for being a brat earlier," She admitted flushing at the thought of her earlier actions. "It's been a rough morning," Mila offered by way of explaining her earlier retorts. After a few moments of awkward shifting for the injured girl, Mila broke out into a more familiar grin. "So are we going on a ride today?" She asked hoping to make up for her previous bitter words.
User avatar
Ember
Moderator
Posts: 1290
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:50 am
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them
Age: 35

Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:12 am

"You don't need to apologize. Things happen." Dirce insisted, knowing she would have felt the same way in Mila's shoes. A sling, scars, and pets causing a ruckus were grounds to make anyone feel cranky, in her opinion. She managed a smile as she regarded the younger woman, and nodded, still eager to get out and about for a little while. "I still have the wagon set up, if you're still willing. We shouldn't waste it while we're out here, nor should we waste the good weather. If you're still willing, I most certainly am." She led Mila out to the wagon and showed it to her, still pleased that she'd managed to throw it all together on her own without a single bit of help from the stablehands. Though, as she'd thought earlier, it hadn't been too difficult, given some of it reminded her of a fishing vessel, a smaller one but a vessel nonetheless.
Dirce L'van D'kellen D'ante V'ric Na'vi K'rios J'on
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Fali'vas Koda'vis Melangell Cataren Sianca Feraliss Yaranavexa Rathiran
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Compendium | NPC Archive | Wanted Connections | Marks Tracker | Emporium


[ Threads Wanted ]

“It's better to write something, anything, than to starve the monster. The monster must feed. And it will feed on your soul if not your words. Its appetite is insatiable. Write to save yourself from the monster.”
― Don Roff ―
User avatar
Lanni
Posts: 156
Joined: Tue May 02, 2017 1:36 am
Age: 33

Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:48 am

When the older girl didn't make a big deal about her childish antics earlier, Mila let out a sigh of relief. It had been a trying morning. The flitter's movements were just the tip of the haystack and Mila was afraid that if she focused on the bad things that she would tumble to the bottom of the stack in a pool of tears. Not wanting to keep that image in her head for very long, the scarred candidate brushed a finger down the tiny foreleg of Chime as she tagged along behind Dirce. The tiny creature crooned softly and moved to nuzzle the finger Mila offered her.

As they neared the small wagon Mila felt more at ease. "It really is a nice day today. I'm glad that you allowed me to join you on your trip. I'd be stuck hiding inside the stables if you hadn't," Hali said offering a wider smile to the taller girl. "Thanks," She finished feeling a bit sappy in difference to her bitter mood not even an hour before. "It's amazing how a day can turn around so quickly."
Post Reply
cron