Learning to Share (Tag: Cat/Ember)

Despite being new, this dining hall is very similar to the one back at old Atricis, giving a familiarity to the new Weyr. It is one large, central cavern carved out from the side of the cliff with many tables of varying sizes and seat numbers. The kitchens are attached, and there is a set of stairs leading down into the lower caverns.
Lanni
Pronouns: She/Her

Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:20 am

As the weyr began to settle in for the evening, P'dren, Toryn and Nyvan were just sitting down for their evening meal. The bronze rider had stolen a few moments of the hectic day to calm his mind down with the familiar drills from his childhood. While he wasn't as graceful or as flexible as he had been, it felt good to fall into the familiar movements.

There was a pleasant burn in the muscles of his shoulders as P'dren found a seat at a not so crowded table. Casting a nod and a small crook of a smile at the other occupants, the bronze rider set his trey down on the scarred surface. With practiced ease the blue eyed man shifted the weight of his two boys so he could sit down himself. "C'mon, Toryn. Let go of my shoulder. It's time to eat, little guy," P'dren said gently as he tried to pull the creature's claws from his leathers. "Nyvan?" He asked, "A little help buddy?" P'dren added glancing at the blue already settling down next to the bowl of meat scraps.

It took the former guardsman a few more heartbeats to move the sleepy Seraphinite to his lower arm. Chuckling softly, he went ahead and settled down in his chosen place. "Okay, Tory, I get it. It's late," The workaholic bronze rider said with a small smile as he lifted a bit of meat for the young hybrid to enjoy. "Nyvan? Do you need help?" P'dren asked hoping that the older male would be able to feed himself tonight so the human male could enjoy his own meal.

Trilling a positive note, the blue fancy flit pulled a chunk of meat from the bowl before moving to enjoy his treat. Eyeing those around him in case they wanted to steal his food, the tiny blue sent out a warning hiss. "Nyvan!" Came the immediate scolding from P'dren, "No one's going to steal your food." The rider sent an apologetic look down the table. "Sorry about that. He's not used to sharing his meals just yet."

Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:32 am

Cat glanced at the blue and smiled, before turning his gaze back to P'dren and offering a nod of his head. "Doesn't bother me in the least bit, sir." He responded, knowing how pets could be, even the most well trained of them. "I've got a fancy hybrid of my own, believe I saw you at the hatching that was just held not long ago in fact?" Arthur peered up from Cat's shoulder and chirped a greeting to the seraphinite that was with P'dren, recognizing a clutch sibling when he saw one. But he remained where he was, trained well enough at this point to know not to fly off when he was told to remain where he was.

Emrys, his furflit, was asleep in his room, as he wasn't the best when it came to public meals, simply because he was shy and a little scattered when it came to large crowds. Poor thing did better when he was around smaller groups, so he normally stayed where there were very few and that was fine with him, fine with Cat, and fine even with Niomi when he was around her; and Emrys adored her generally.

"It's good to formally meet you though, if you don't mind me saying." Cat offered Arthur another piece of meat from his plate, and the brown hybrid took it gently from his fingers. "I'm Cataren, Journeyman of the beast and smith crafts. I can see by your knots that you're a bronzerider, sir?" He hadn't been at the Weyr long, but he'd been around long enough to know how to read knots and speak to riders with respect.

Lanni
Pronouns: She/Her

Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:19 am

P'dren was still keeping a close eye on his blue as the young man began speaking. A distracted nod came to P'dren's frame when the topic of the recent hatching came up but the bronze rider didn't comment as he offered a smaller bite to the sleepy hybrid. When the introduction came however, manners had the older man pausing in his task to take in the crafter. "P'dren of Kheluzath," He offered reaching over his free hand to greet the younger man. "Down this way by way of Benden," P'dren continued out of habit more than anything else.

A sleepy chirp from Toryn brought a quirk of a smile to the guard's face as if the hybrid had requested something. "The little one's Toryn. Still not sure what color he is exactly.... The stingy one is Nyvan. He's just a bit jealous these days," P'dren scolded the blue with a look towards the still agitated fancy flit. Nyvan twisted way from the scolding glance of P'dren to gnaw on his second chunk of dinner. "See," P'dren finished with a shake of his head and a soft chuckle.
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:46 am

Cat smiled over at the creature identified as Toryn. He was still learning about them himself, but he knew enough to have some kind of understanding about them. He lifted his chin towards the fancy, "I might be able to help you there. They're a color called seraphinite. Nothing new, they've been around an age or two from what I know. He's a rather handsome specimen of them." And it was indeed the truth; he'd seen a few of them floating around the Weyr, and Toryn was one of the more spectacular versions of them.

He watched the show with the food from the one called Nyvan and continued to smile pleasantly. "Food does that to them. I'm fortunate that mine doesn't get like that, but Arthur tends to be more of a sharer. I've got a furflit back in my room that taught him to share, so he's used to it." He shrugged slightly and continued to watch the two fancies, enjoying the way the colors played against their hides.

"How long have you been a rider, P'dren?" He offered a piece of fruit to the creature on his shoulder and grinned when he took it delicately. "You look as though you've been seasoned as one for a while now?"