Shadows of Gold [ Weyr Hybrid Hatching ]

Despite being new, this dining hall is very similar to the one back at old Atricis, giving a familiarity to the new Weyr. It is one large, central cavern carved out from the side of the cliff with many tables of varying sizes and seat numbers. The kitchens are attached, and there is a set of stairs leading down into the lower caverns.
Kate

Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:51 pm

Devyn was not really taken aback when the blue rider seemed shocked at his confession. Technically, yes, Devyn had lied, but honestly, he rarely ever saw Adi so he was just really never considered her "his". Guilt made the blush creep in a little more, and he knew that everyone could probably see it now, no mater how hard he might try to hide it. This was really not the impression he had wanted to make on the blue rider. Honestly, Devyn never lied, but this time, he had forgotten, and there were other circumstances. Would the blue rider be angry at him? Or would he understand?

For a few moments, the chimera handler could not help but think the worst. It did not take long for the blue rider to convince him otherwise though. Smiling softly, he allowed himself to relax, even if it was just ever so slightly. For the moment, Adi seemed content, and it was still confusing him to no end. Why was she suddenly like this?

A'rosious voice brought him out of his thoughts and blue eyes looked at him for a moment, studying him, taking the time to think about what he said, even if it was only quickly. Nodding as shears the other man he said, ”Thanks for reminding me. I really should think about him.” With that, the chimera handler started to cut up some of the neat and feed it to the new little brown, who quickly ate whatever was put in front of him. ”There you go little guy. Now you should all set for a bit. Just have to think of a name for you.”

During all of this, the amethyst flit just stayed on his shoulder, although Devyn could sense she was not really thrilled. Turning to his friend once more he smiled, ”Well looks like I got two flits now. Hopefully they will get along.”
Image Image Image Image Image
Isiana & Andromedath | A'ric & Behemoth | K'uavaen & Synsith | Talen & Khonlen | Devyn & Isamuyn
Shaihulud
Pronouns: She/Her They/Them

Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:33 pm

The fact Devyn had the grace to show shame did help to nullify the remainder of A'rosius' concerns. Devyn's previous statement had been made without a second thought, lacking the malicious or deceptive intent that would have classified it as a lie. For this reason, the bluerider stopped thinking anything about it. His only concern now was that the handler Impress before he lose the chance.

”Thanks for reminding me. I really should think about him.”

"Of course," A'rosius replied, hoping his words only encouraged the man. Patiently, he watched the moment, and offered a faint smile at the union that occurred with every piece fed to the little brown. It reminded him of his own Impression to both Duesso and Bowith, leaving him to recall both with nothing but love and warmth.

I love you too, Bowith answered.

There you go little guy. Now you should all set for a bit. Just have to think of a name for you.”

Yes, names were certainly a tricky thing. A'rosius had already proven his inability to name a thing, something he had shown with his own daughter, which he would always regret. At least he got it right with Duesso at least.

”Well looks like I got two flits now. Hopefully they will get along.”

"You think you'll be able to handle that many of them?" he asked curiously as he broke off a piece of sausage, and gave it to Duesso. However, he did spare a curious glance to the amethyst, and wondered if she too might be placated in order to ease the tensions between her, Devyn and the newly Impressed brown. He broke a second piece and showed it to her as a peace offering. "You thought of a name for him?" he asked of Devyn as he awaited Adi's response.
Kate

Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:50 pm

Devyn continues to smile at the young brown as he fed him his meat, wracking his brain to try and think of a name. Quiet honestly, that had never really been one of the chimera handler strengths. For now, maybe he would just leave him without a name. Not for long, maybe just for a day or too until he could fully wrap his head around everything. Getting a new pet, having an old pet who you thought hated you come back. These were things that were not exactly what you would refer to as “normal.”

At the blue rider’s question, a frown came to the chimera handler’s face. Honestly, he didn’t really know the answer to that question. Did he feel ready? Could he do it? Shrugging slightly he said, “Truthfully, I don’t really know, but I can’t just let them go off on their own. So I will just have to do the best I can. I’m pretty sure I can handle it. It will be nice to have something to occupy a little bit of my spare time.”

Thinking a moment he smiled. There was only one name that had been on his mind. ”I think I am going to call him Esca. I know that might sound silly, but it’s really the only name that is coming to my mind.”
Isiana & Andromedath | A'ric & Behemoth | K'uavaen & Synsith | Talen & Khonlen | Devyn & Isamuyn
Shaihulud
Pronouns: She/Her They/Them

Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:05 pm

The amethyst did not even spare him a glance with the offering, though A'rosius took little offence. Rather than dwell on the rejection, he turned the piece to Duesso, who snatched the morsel with a greedy maw. Hunched over the bite, he gnawed upon the offering, only to turn to the crumbs sprinkled upon the table. Every piece, he lapped up, cleaning the surface until the evidence of the treat no longer existed.

“Truthfully, I don’t really know, but I can’t just let them go off on their own. So I will just have to do the best I can. I’m pretty sure I can handle it. It will be nice to have something to occupy a little bit of my spare time.” He gave pause in consideration, and then answered the bluerider's second question. "I think I am going to call him Esca. I know that might sound silly, but it’s really the only name that is coming to my mind."

To be honest, the bluerider was not surprised, and actually pleased the handler found a way to cope with the loss. "I think it's a fitting name," he answered witha smile. After nearly two turns, Devyn deserved his closure. As for the training... "Well, if you need any help, I'd be happy to give you that hand." A'rosius spared a glance to Duesso, and face the little emerald a gentle caress along his brow. "Duesso was a bit difficult when he was younger, so I'd like to say I have the extra practice. Maybe we can even reign in Adi." Eyes looked back to Devyn, gauging the man's reaction. Would he want his help? A'rosius genuinely meant the offer, quietly, however, he confessed to himself that he hoped for a reason to continue spending time with the man if allowed.
Kate

Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:07 am

Devyn had to admit, he did feel kind of bad that Adi did not seem to be interested in the offering that the blue rider tried to give her. It seemed to him that even though she finally seemed to want to be with him, it still seemed that she was going to be slightly difficult, no matter what. Hopefully, with work and time, she would come around. Or, just throw more surprises at him, one or the other. That was pretty much what he was expecting anyway. Maybe he could teach and bond with her right along with the new young brown one. It would be like training for all three of them.

Pulling himself from his thoughts, just in time to hear his friend say he didn't think it was silly. Red crept onto his face, but he tried to hide it. Honestly, it was nice to know that A'rosious did not think this was just some silly thing, and the handler did not exactly know why it was making him blush like it did. There was really no reason but he was anyway.

Chuckling he said, "Well, as long as you are sure that you dont mind me bugging you all the time, I just might take you up on that." For a moment, he studied the blue rider's own flit and then continued, "Especially since I can see how well you trained your own flit.”

For a few moments, blue eyes looked from one flit to the other and a smile crept onto his face. Finally he turned to the blue rider once more. ”Well I think I should probably get these two back to the room so the little one can rest. I will come find you if I need help. Or maybe I will just see you around.” With that the chimera handler rounded up both flits and headed back to his apartment.