Shadows of Gold [ Weyr Hybrid Hatching ]

Despite being new, this dining hall is very similar to the one back at old Atricis, giving a familiarity to the new Weyr. It is one large, central cavern carved out from the side of the cliff with many tables of varying sizes and seat numbers. The kitchens are attached, and there is a set of stairs leading down into the lower caverns.
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:01 am

Turn’s Beginning
Mid-Morning

Finn shouldn't have been awake this early. It was Turn's Beginning after all. Most of the Weyr would be sleeping off hang overs and highs from the day and night before. She herself had partaken in a little bit of both with B'tian, and she still felt the effects of whatever had been ingested despite the fact that several hours had passed between then and morning. But she was awake, and it was all because Belladonna had insisted her eggs were going to hatch on this day. She was humming away, which meant she had very little time in which to work. She leaned over to kiss her weyrmate before climbing out of bed and dressing.

Sure enough, there was the gold, dancing around her nest with red flecked eyes, wings flared whenever one of the other lizards attempted to near. She would only let Finn close, and even then it was a difficult dance the two of them were on, because the firelizard knew what would be coming just as soon as her human was finished with her note - the partial nest set aside for the Flotilla would be packed up and sent to Fali'vas, the woman's sister, for the people there.

"You bite me, I swear to fuck I'll bite back." Finn warned the gold when she neared to do exactly that. She had contacted a friend to take the eggs to the Flotilla for her, and they would be called for again, and arrive to take the box away. Belladonna, however, was hissing and snapping, not at all pleased whether she knew this was to happen or not. She had always been like this as a mother firelizard, protective and obsessive over her eggs, and so she had Danteth call on Kreek, the sire of the clutch, in the hopes that he would help calm her some.

When he appeared, he was able to distract Belladonna long enough for Finn to finish packaging the eggs in sand and a box, then proceeded to cal for her friend again. Soon enough the eggs were dashed off to the likely equally sleepy Flotilla folk along with her note to her sister, both a promise to visit with the babies soon enough, and a message about wishing the people of the Flotilla a happy New Turn from her. With that done, she prepared the basket for transport, arranging the remaining eggs and standing.

It was then that Bellladonna realized things were changing again and she hovered and hissed and snapped, ignoring her mate in favor of watching, red-eyed, over her children and human's handling of them. She told Bast where she was going before heading out. In the dining hall, she found her usual perch and thanked Sarami, her foster mother and the woman responsible for tending to her and R'fael's children, for bringing her breakfast, then had Danteth call upon the Weyr.

Good morning and happy New Turn to everyone! I know you are all likely sleeping off your parties still, as my rider wishes she was still able to, but gold Belladonna's eggs with hematite Kreek are about to hatch in the dining hall. Oh, and weyrlings... we have it on good authority that you're able to get an egg if you so wish. Finn grinned, sipping from the extra strong mug of klah Sarami had brought to her, especially at that last part; she suspected she'd see more than one weyrling asking for an egg on this unsightly morning hour...

[ ooc ]
- Hatching is taking place on Turn's Beginning of 2048 in the morning, so your characters are likely sleeping off the effects of their time the night before; those that were able to party hardy (or felt like it).

- Please visit "Treasures of Shadow and Gold [ Flotilla Hybrid Hatching ]" for the Flotilla hatching.

- These are firelizard/fancy hybrids, meaning... you'll have to wait to see what they look like.

- Eggs can be claimed two per member (can be two at the Weyr, two at the Flotilla) or just one if you'd rather, first come first serve.

- Please request your egg number at the bottom of your post.

- Contents of eggs will be random rolled for each member.

- The egg list will be shared, OOC, between the Weyr and Flotilla.

- YES, I have been told weyrlings CAN receive an egg as they are at that point in their training where they can have pets again.

- I'll hatch after one or two posts, depending on when I'm able to get to the thread.

- If you have questions, please ask!

- (My eternal gratitude to Slasher who helped me get the babies done. <3)

[ Egg / Lizard List ]
01 | ? - ShadowMoon
02 | Blue - Kate
03 | Blue - LdyPayne
04 | Hematite - Lanni
05 | Sunstone - Shai
06 | Brown - Ember
07 | ? - TheLifeweaver
08 | Sunstone - Jovia
09 | Blue - Slasher
10 | ? - Talon
11 | ? - Kate
12 | Bronze - Aino
13 | Bronze - LdyPayne
14 | Green - Jovia
15 | ? - Talon
16 | ? - Aino
17 | Amethyst - Slasher
18 | Jasper - Aino
19 | Seraphinite [f] - Shai
20 | Seraphinite [m] - Lanni
Last edited by Ember on Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:48 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Shaihulud
Pronouns: She/Her They/Them

Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:41 am

Senior Apprentice Harper Emalia

What is life through these eyes? Though an odd question for a fifteen turn old to ask herself, Emalia thought it nonetheless as her comb picked through her thick curls. She pondered the answer, especially as her sister fussed in the background over what to bring to Atricis, and bemoaned the fact that everything she required had gone suddenly missing.

As Angela sifted through her chest, she reproved the world for its interference, "Fuck everything to the void, I don't have time for this!"

"You would if you had packed last night," Emalia calmly replied as she set the comb down and reached for a lavender scented oil to run through her hair. Before the Turns End celebration, Emalia had made sure to pack her own bags, and warned Angela to do the same... not that either of them had stayed up much longer after it struck midnight.

Her sister stuck her tongue out at her, a gesture that reflected clearly in Emalia's mirror.

"Really?" Of all the things Angela could have said or done, she decided to stick her tongue out? "What are you? Six? Angie, use your words like a grown-up for once."

"You say that like you're one," Angela spat back with all the vitriol she could muster. In her current mood, it was easy enough to uncover a plentitude of hostility to throw at her sister.

And yet Emalia remained unmoved... for all she fed the fire that her sister stoked. "At least I try. Besides, I'm not the one screaming to the top of her lungs that she wants to Impress to a dragon. I doubt the barracks would let a child Stand for one."

Lips pressed in a manner meant to threaten her sister, yet once more she failed to find the words to snap back at Emalia.

Perhaps pointing out her sister's faults was not the best course of action. Rather than exacerbate the situation further, Emalia traded admonishment with a request for order. "Angie, please. Just pack. I'm sure whatever you forget, we'll manage in the Weyr." It took everything for Emalia to keep the exasperation out of her voice. Ciri, however, remained ruffled by the exchange. Calm down, Ciri. She isn't hurting me, she assured the fancy flit. Little by little, he settled his moon gilded feathers, though he kept tabs on Angela who had finally returned to finding her items.

Once Emalia finished weaving her hair into two crisp plaits, she took it upon herself to help Angela. It did not take her long to find her sister's dress, the one that made her sister crazed with determination. "It's soiled," Emalia answered as she tossed the garment to Angela.

"Shards, I thought I washed it."

Apparently, she had not, but Emalia knew better than to rub her sister's nose in it. "What else were you looking for?"

It seemed her willingness to help was enough to sooth Angela's sense of indignation against her, though not without some resentment. "You don't have to help me, Em."

"But I am. What else do you need? Come on, Solai will be here soon."

Angela conceded. "My blue tunic, you know, my favourite one."

Yes, Emalia knew which one, and she had several suspicions of where to find it. Rather than say a word, she ducked out of the room. All the while she kept a ear to the sky, waiting to see if a new dragon might make their presence known. Solai would arrive at any moment. Quickly, she moved to find the tunic, as well as anything else Angela needed to find. Fortunately, with a bit of help, Angela managed to secure her sack right as the feel of a new dragon brushed against Emalia's mind. With a glance outside, she confirmed it was Tyreth. "She's here. Let's go!"

Solai greeted her sisters with a readied, albeit exhausted, grin, and embraced them both once they neared. Their sacks were secured onto the straps before all three sisters mounted onto the steady green who took them high above the autumn mountains and into the cold of between. When they emerged, the warmth of a lingering summer greeted them. It did not appear as though autumn was ready to settle over the weyr just yet, Emalia thought as she held to Angela. The weyr was just as green as she remembered it, full of the vibrancy of life and fertility. Maybe once they grabbed a cup of morning klah, Emalia would see about enjoying a nice stroll in the Weyr Yards. Maybe she might even have some time to write by the lake with Solai, if Angela permitted it that is. Secretly, Emalia doubted it, for the girl would want to ride on Tyreth no doubt, and spar in the circle with both of them.

However, when they reached the Dining Hall, it became apparent Emalia might have that opportunity to escape after all. The distress that seeped into her mind was her first indication something had gone awry, but when she saw the telling basket, she knew exactly why. A 'lizard mother fussed anxiously over her brood that would soon be given away. It was a firelizard clutch too, judging by the appearance of the mother, whom Ciri regarded no matter where Emalia stepped or turned. She made a glance to Angela who remained oblivious as she filled her mug of klah. If she just breathed a single word to her sister... "Looks like there's a 'lizard handout going on," she dropped casually as she retrieved a mug for herself.

"What? Where?" Blue eyes shot around their hall before fastening upon the handout occurring several tables away. Rather than retrieve her cup of klah that she was preparing to add some sugar too, Angela abandoned the present for the promise of a future 'lizard friend.

Emalia was not about to let the mug go to waste, and instead added a small spoon full of sugar with a dash of cream.

"You're mean," Solai smirked to Emalia.

Emalia simply shrugged before she brought the fresh klah to her lips and enjoyed her first warm sip of the morning.

"And now I'm tempted too..."

Blue eyes regarded her older sister in surprise. "What, Scarletto not enough for you?" She asked of the fancy flit always found at Solai's shoulder.

"He is..." she looked to the sweet-tempered ruby, and touched his nose with her own. "But I think he needs a friend."

"I think you're letting the celebrations from last night cloud your judgement. I would drink another mug of klah before you turn around and get another pet.

It seemed Solai agreed with her. "Yeah... I'll wait. I don't think I want to this time. What about you? Ciri enough for you?"

Emalia chuckled. "I think Ciri would be very upset with me if I did. He's seen to it that I only have one 'lizard friend in my life." She took another sip of her klah. "It's probably a good thing that I stick with just him. Otherwise, I'd probably become a crazy firelizard person like Mama."

Solai laughed softly at the thought. "Yeah, I could see that."

Senior Apprentice Harper Angela

For some time, Angela had wanted another 'lizard. Allegro was wonderful, and loving when he wanted to be, but he was not the affectionate, loyal firelizard Angela had hoped he would be. Even now, his conspicuous absence did not go amiss by the girl. Angela had little doubt that he was curled up back on the cliffs of Evanoria, completely unaware of her departure. The very thought rankled in her mind, which was why she found herself approaching the woman who wore garnet knots.

Finn. Yes. Angela remembered her with ease, for she kept track of all the garnetriders of the Weyr. They were a rare breed, and privately, Angela wondered if she might ever have the chance to Impress to one. The very thought caused a smile to curl along the corner of her mouth.

"Excuse me," the apprentice asked of the rider, hoping to get her attention. "Could I have one?" Even for as rude as she could be, Angela knew her manners. It pleased her when she did receive an egg, however, she hesitated and regarded the remaining shell... and then looked back to Finn. "Ummm... is it okay if I have two?" Perhaps she sounded greedy, and to be fair, she was. But It seemed like there were plenty of eggs to go around, and Angela was intrigued by the idea of keeping a pair of siblings together for herself.

For Angela's first egg, 19. If Finn doesn't turn her down, she will also take 5.

Thank you <3
Slasher

Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:31 pm

Niomi was more than a little amused at the fact that Cataren was late that morning. Considering the date, she knew that he had probably over indulged a bit over the holiday. Oh, she wasn't worried about him doing something too terribly stupid, but the young woman had already had Hadranielth gently prod the young man, reminding them about their breakfast date. Well, not that it was a date so much, as a meeting of friends. They had taken to trying to meet up for a meal together at least once a sevenday, and since Niomi had some free time because of Turn's Beginning...It had been a no brainer that they would have breakfast.

But the young man was late, and per Haddy, it was because he had been invited to drink with some friends the night before. Oh, the ribbing he would get...But as Niomi sat at their normal table, she noticed some slight commotion, and glanced over towards Finn and her Garnet and the basket, and...oh! Flitt eggs! For a brief moment, Niomi fought the urge to go over, but finally gave up, and wandered near. She stood back a few as a couple people came up and chose eggs. So they were just free? Well!

Stepping forward, she smiled sheepishly at the Garnetrider, bowing politely, ”I'd be interested in one...” She had always been curious about the creatures. And she could feel the curiosity and excitement from Haddy as well, ”That one, please? She pointed to one egg, but then something occurred to her, and she blushed a little at the very thought of it, ”Um...I'm meeting a friend here for breakfast, and I know he would love one too, but he's running late...Would it be alright if I grabbed one for him as well?” She quietly pointed at another shell right next to her chosen one.

OOC
Cataren(Ember) nabbed Egg #6, please! (hehe)
And Niomi(Slasher) got Egg #17, please! (xD)
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
~:Stories:~ ~:Monies:~ ~:Plotter:~
Ainokesshou

Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:04 pm

The weyrlings were probably better off than most of the Weyr this morning. They (and the candidates) were forbidden to drink any alcohol, after all, which means that even those who snuck a bit in defiance of the rules were hopefully smart enough to limit themselves somewhat. Var'n himself had been a candidate or weyrling for so much of his life, that he had rarely had more than a sip of wine, and never anything harder, so he at least woke up without a pounding head when Danteth called out.

He was still feeling a bit slow from overeating, even if he wasn't suffering from a hangover. But Finn had promised him an egg, close to a turn ago now, and he was finally allowed to have a pet of his own. Quiloth was still asleep, but he had confirmed that he thought the lizards seemed useful and pleasant enough when some of the other weyrlings were able to bring them home recently, so Var'n had no worries about jealousy.

He was a bit worried about the overly possessive mama fire lizard, though he had at least met Bella a few times. So he walked slowly up to the table where Finn had several eggs remaining, and smiled tiredly at his sister, before transferring his attention to Belladonna.

He cautiously offered her his hand, instead of reaching out to the eggs directly. "Bella, you remember me, right?" he asked. "I'll take good care of one of your babies, I promise."

{Egg # 18 for Var'n please?}
Quiloth     Elahrairath     Nahumth      
ImageImageImage
Zenith         Ramlahvas
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
   Atumra       Panlovis     Galask  Gask                      
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:55 pm

Tag: Angela
Finn smiled to see someone come up to her. Belladonna wasn't the least bit pleased, but someone had to be the one to make the first request, and the woman winced and apologized with a soft look in Angela's direction. Risking the ire of her firelizard, Finn reached forward and slipped not one, but two of the eggs from the clutch while the gold was trying to gather them all into a single pile, as impossible as that would be. "My dear, sweet girl." Finn said to the creature. "We go through this each time. You can't keep them with you forever." Finn passed them along to Angela, and smiled as she tipped her head. "Their father is a fancy flitt, so I'm not sure what the babies will end up looking like." She admitted. Up until this point, all of the gold's suitors had been of her own kind.

Tag: Niomi
Next came a young woman, one of the weyrlings, and Finn smiled at her, scooping up two more eggs. once again, Belladonna hissed, especially when she realized two more where about to disappear, and Finn hushed her in an attempt to reassure the young woman. "One for you for, one for your friend." She said, and sent Niomi on her way. Waiting for Niomi at one of the tables was Cataren, his head resting on folded arms, looking every inch a man who had regretted his drinking actions the night before. When he heard her approach, certain it was her at least, he didn't lift his head, but he did lift his hand. "I was reminded this morning of why I haven't had a lick of liquor since the North." He muttered to her softly.

Tag: Var'n
Belladonna knew this young man. She stopped hissing long enough to sniff his hand, and looked up at him, then glanced back at Finn who smiled at her brother. It seemed tense for a few moments before the red-eyed gold rolled an egg in his direction. It seemed as though she were giving him one of her special babies to him with that little move of hers. "You've been chosen." Finn said to her brother with a grin."[/b]

2 ft., Female Seraphinite Hybrid (Firelizard / Fancy Flitt)
#77A085, #B1D7BF

Personality
Overbearing, Cheerful, Fun-loving

Hatched
Cheret Turn’s Beginning [ Autumn ] 2048

Dam / Sire
Gold Firelizard Belladonna / Hematite Fancy Flitt Kreek

Impressed To
Angela

2 ft. 7 in., Sunstone Hybrid (Fancy Flitt / Firelizard)
#FFB75F, #FEC57C, #ED6B20, #FEE781

Personality
Shy, Compassionate, Independent

Hatched

Dam / Sire

Impressed To
Angela

3 ft. 5 in., Amethyst Hybrid (Firelizard / Fancy Flitt)
#27155A, #C82DCB, #4E039C

Personality
Courageous, Ruthless, Loyal

Hatched

Dam / Sire

Impressed To
Niomi

3 ft., Brown Hybrid (Firelizard / Fancy Flitt)
#753005, #A57334, #F7E19E

Personality
Inhibited, Honest, Steadfast

Hatched

Dam / Sire

Impressed To
Cataren

2 ft. 2 in., Jasper Hybrid (Fancy Flitt / Firelizard)
#C87146, #C14B15, #EDCCBF

Personality
Easy Going, Cheerful, Self Indulgent

Hatched

Dam / Sire

Impressed To
Var'n
Slasher

Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:33 pm

Tag: Cataren(Ember)

The weyrling grinned and carefully tucked the eggs out of sight as she approached the table. Sitting down across from Cataren, she eyes him, before tilting her head a little, and reaching over, ”Oi...That's what you get for drinking too much...” She smirked a little as she tried remaining sneaky and coy about the whole thing, but she was just too impatient to see his face.

So she pulled the eggs out, ”Look! This one's for you.” She gently set his egg against his hand, then cradled her own before her on the table. Then the girl realized they would probably need food, ”Shard it! Here, hold this a moment.” She set her egg so carefully next to his once more, and got up, practically sprinting around for some snippets of meat, and some cups that she brought back on a tray, ”Here, I grabbed us some klah too....You look like you might need it.” She was oddly chipper that morning, possibly spurred on with excitement over the flitter.

Setting one of the steaming cups near him, she gracefully took her egg back, watching in wonder as it rocked and cracks started appearing, ”Oh!” Then a wing shot out, then another, and the shell crumbled away to reveal...Niomi gasped at the wondrous creature within, ”Oh, I don't know what color you would be, but you're glorious...That's what I'll call you. Glory.” She looked up at Cataren with a grin as the Amythest flitt started snitching bits of meat from her fingers.

For her part, as a Candidate, Taelana was not quite allowed to get as drunk as she might have otherwise, but the woman had managed to get several good drinks in her. So when she woke up to a slightly rude voice in her head, she groaned and rolled over. Only to accidentally roll off the bed and land on the floor with an even more rude 'thud', "Ow..." She mumbled into the ground, before just sighing again. Finally though, her mind seemed to catch up and she realized the words that had been announced. A clutch? The things certainly had seemed pretty useful around the Weyr...And she kind of needed to get up anyways, even if she didn't have any real chores until that evening...Besides, she didn't want to stay on the floor, and the sudden rumble in her gut told her she was hungry.

Once the decision is made to get up and eat, the woman did it rapidly, clothes seemingly just appearing on her as she shot out the door, and towards the Dining Hall. It didn't take her long, but she saw a few people with eggs, so she made a B-line for the woman handing them out. Seeing the savage little mother though, she grinned and bowed directly to Belladonna, "What a pretty little fighter...I assume these are your babies. Good job protecting them." She glanced towards Finn then, "You're giving them out? I'd love to give one a home, if the savage momma approves." She glanced again towards the hissing Gold.
OOC
Tae picks Egg #9 o.o
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
~:Stories:~ ~:Monies:~ ~:Plotter:~
Ainokesshou

Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:16 am

Var'n smiled as Belladonna responded to him with a little more tolerance than the other hopefuls coming up to her clutch. He took the egg she rolled to him, offering a little scratch to her head. "Thank you, Bella," he said, cradling the egg in one arm as he went to grab a large handful of meat.

He settled near the clutch, grinning at his busy sister as she handed out the remaining eggs. He could feel movement under the shell, but it wasn't urgent yet, and he watched while another weyrling's egg hatched. The amethyst looked almost like a fire lizard with a double tail, though he thought the head was also longer.

"Ok," he said, looking down at his own egg as the movement became more urgent. "That's not so odd," and a brownish foot broke through, before another broke on the opposite side of the egg, run through with pale veins. In moments he had a hungry jasper flitt almost diving into the bowl of meat, though he managed to feed it to her directly before she snatched any for herself.

Klah.

Natara wasn't exactly happy to be awake this morning. Atumra was laughing at her, and she was glad that she wasn't on duty until late in the afternoon. She had planned things that way, but she still woke up at her normal time. If you could call this awake.

There were people around a table, making a bit of noise. Had they stayed up all night? Surely they should be going to bed by now? She looked up blearily. Eggs?

She remembered her conversation with Shyran, and here were some eggs. It looked like they were the right kind to send messages, and just had the horribly bad timing to be hatching when no one was at their best. Except weyrlings, apparently, and maybe candidates as well.

Natara downed a mug of klah without tasting it. At least the foul taste was out of her mouth, and she had only a mild headache. She was just...foggy.

She approached the table with a bowl of meat. Her second mug of klah could wait.

"Could I have that one," she asked, pointing at one of the eggs. Not that she cared which. As long as it wasn't a dud.

{OOC: Could I have egg 12 for Natara please?}
Quiloth     Elahrairath     Nahumth      
ImageImageImage
Zenith         Ramlahvas
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
   Atumra       Panlovis     Galask  Gask                      
Jovia

Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:40 am

Fyrn
Tag: Finn while Var'n mentioned

Fyrn was ecstatic to get Mossay and Gemmer back, introducing them to Diosidath and everything... also getting their help cleaning the little dragon or just keeping company. While spending so much time dealing with everything she didn't have too much time to deal with a lot but she heard Finn's gold had risen and had a clutch with a fancy flitt. This made her curious, a baby between a fire lizard and one like hers... what would it be like?

Mostly she was wanting to come and see the hubbub and what others might get, but watching everyone's eggs hatching from her watching afar she felt a tug within her. Even Var'n she remembered talking to a bit looked so happy with his, and they looked weird but in a good way. "Okay Gemmer, Mossay, you stay away alright? Mothers don't like others around." Sending the two to her opal before walking over with a reddened face.

"Hello Finn, Belladonna... may I have one? I mean I have two fancy flitts myself so I know how to care and thus can assure they will be happy and content.. and I can bring them over to visit you and everything!" Fyrn couldn't help but spew out the slight jumble of words, trying to give a little wave to the golden mother too.

Lyndah
Tag: Open

Lyndah was all about the babies, be them of any species she just loved them.... well not people as much. Dragons, fire lizards, fancy flitts, star lizards.. maybe just dragonkin babies.. But still! When she heard there was a clutch being handed out and everything she flew to the dining hall as fast as she could. She kind of knew the golden mother a little bit, her bronze star lizard had tryed to chase her but lost. Zeyn however was on her shoulder and gave a chirp.

"Oh hush you, just because she didn't choose you... now go run along and bug Kinarth for a moment alright Zeyn? I doubt she wants to deal with your personality at the moment." Then walked in as her starlizard took off. A big smile as she waved at everyone. "Congratulations to everyone so far." She managed to say out before turning to Finn and Belladonna. "Why what a pretty little one you are, I wonder if I would be allowed an egg?" She glanced up at Finn as well. "If not that is alright, I don't mind just standing nearby and seeing all the new hatchlings for a bit."
Lanni
Pronouns: She/Her

Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:42 pm

Open
As the seasons changed Tui could tell a difference in Laikanu. The closer the rainy seasons came the darker his mood seemed to grow. The playful smiles that used to light up his face shifted into something the green had little experience with. Used to his flirty ways and driven passions, this hard side to her partner threw the little lady for a loop. While he put on a good show for most including the green cousin and her partner, Tui spent all her time as close to the human boy as he would allow. She knew that something had to be done. Something had to change before she lost Lai to the darkness now in his heart.

So when their early morning routine had them in the eating room when a commotion caught her attention, Tui was sudden ecstatic. For his part, Laikanu was confused. Why was his normally silent sidekick now tugging at his collar? “Tui?” He asked turning his head to take in the green fancy flit, “What’s wrong?” Lai continued until he saw an egg being handed to another. “No. Oh no, Tui. We don’t need anyone else,” He muttered as he realized what the green was up to. “That’s why we gave away the egg last time,” Laikanu said referring to the single viable egg that his lady had shown him from her last Flight. “You’re perfect for me. Plus we have Mi’s brood to help with,” He added with a bitter twist to his lips.

Still the tiny green demanded that he try his luck. Now tugging on his ear with her sharp teeth, Laikanu began to question how much longer the tender skin could hold up for until the flit drew blood. With another sharp nip to the bottom of his ear, Lai gave a yelp of pain. “Okay okay! I get it! We’ll see if we can add another mouth to this odd family,” Lai gave in with a stroke to the green’s closest tail. Moving his way towards the table with the eggs, Laikanurinato took in the small crowd. There were a few faces that he recognized from his time here…. And one from back home. Shifting to hide a bit behind a passing stranger, Laikanu waited until the bronze rider had chosen his egg before finishing his journey. Still waiting for his turn the long-term candidate wondered if the man even remembered the failed candidate he had ferried from Benden.

Open
P’dren was no stranger to early mornings. Between his formative turns under a guardsman and his adult turns as a rider, there was little give in terms of laying-in. Sleeping past Sunrise was a rare thing for the child and even less as a grown man. This morning was no exception and P’dren was settled into his usual seat sipping his own mug of klah as the others began to trickle in. What caught his attention though was the young woman passing out a clutch of eggs. Nyvan, having finished his own breakfast, was chittering from his spot on P’dren’s shoulder.

“Oh really?” The bronze rider asked softly with a half smile pulling at his cheek. “So you want a friend?” P’dren added as he raised from his seat with his mostly-empty mug in hand. “I think that’s a good idea. Maybe we’ll be lucky and a young lady will hatch. What do you think, Nyvan?” P’dren continued as the moved across the room. The blue chattered and trilled his excitement as he told everyone around them how much he wanted a playmate. The other firelizards were fine and dandy but eventually they all went to their own homes and left the blue with the stoic rider and his dragon. “I guess you’re excited, right little guy?” P’dren said with another grin. Under his breath though, P’dren added his own happy humming to the notes the fancy firelizard was filling his ears with.

Once with the crowd at the table, P’dren’s stoic mask fell into place once more. Keeping in character, the experienced rider began to scan the crowd for any trouble makers or potential drama. For a brief moment a frown creased the rider’s brow. From the corner of his eye, P’dren thought he had seen a somewhat familiar face. A face that had been among the crowd when his son had been a candidate. If memory served the former Benden wingrider right the young man had been close to his son’s age… and very near to being asked to leave the candidates ranks.

However before he could confirm his beliefs, P’dren was jostled by a passing weyrfolk and was brought back to the present. A questioning trill from Nyvan the firelizard had P’dren shaking his head to clear it of old memories. “I’m okay, Van,” P’dren whispered as he sent the same thoughts to Kheluzath. In a slightly louder tone, P’dren addressed the Garnet rider, “I believe my Nyvan would like to claim a friend. May we?”

OOC: P’dren and Nyvan would like to claim egg 20. Tui wants Lai to ask for number 4.
Shaihulud
Pronouns: She/Her They/Them

Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:02 pm

Senior Apprentice Harper Emalia and Wingrider Solai and Green Dragon Tyreth
Mention - P'dren | Lanni

As her twin sister collected her firelizard egg from across the room, Emalia settled back with her cup of klah and enjoyed a pleasant conversation with her older sister. It had been too long since they last had a chance to settle down and enjoy a conversation with one another, and Emalia had always been the sort to savour such company without the intrusion of a third body.

"You acclimating well enough?"

"I suppose," Solai answered as she slumped into a chair with the pull of exhaustion and an evident hangover. She nursed her condition with that klah like her life depended on it.

"Drink too much last night?" Emalia smirked at the woman, not at all envying her.

"Maybe," Solai confessed with a sip of her morning medicine.

Emalia gave a shake of her head and settled down as well across from her drunk worn sister. "You could have sent us a message and slept in. We would have understood." It was Turns End after all, and Solai was entitled to a bit of fun without the need to commit to ferrying her sisters from Evanoria to New Atricis.

The greenrider gave a roll of her eyes. "Like the void I could. You might've been fine with it, but Angie?" She spared a glance at their sister who was being handed an egg. "She know she would have thrown a bitchfit for it."

Emalia wanted to give Angela the benefit of a doubt, though when she too looked at their sister across the dining hall, she could not deny the fact Solai was right. "Fine fine, she would have been upset, but still..." she waved at the greenrider's condition. "You had an excuse."

Solai shrugged. "Maybe-" her words were cut off with a covered yawn, which turned into a long stretch that popped along her back, through her shoulders, up her arms, into the joints of her fingers that reached for the ceiling far above. Limbs fell back into place, leaving Solai to peer about in a daze... only to fall on a dark-haired man not far from them, one who had collected an egg for himself and his fancy flit companion. Sure he was older, but that did not stop the young greenrider from sending him a playful wink when she thought he noticed her.

"Did you just do that?" Emalia asked with a coat of incredulity thick spread thick over the question.

Solai shrugged, only to give a smug, telling smile after another sip of her klah.

"You didn't!"

She said nothing that might incriminate herself in Emalia's eyes. Her little sister was smart enough to figure it out for herself.
Senior Apprentice Harper Angela

Angela felt the urge to bounce on the balls of her feet when Finn gave her not one, but two eggs. She could not wait to see what sort of firelizards might hatch from those two shells, but before she could let her mind wander with the possibilities, Finn's warning quashed them all.

"Their father is a fancy flitt, so I'm not sure what the babies will end up looking like."

Not firelizards? Angela visibly paled, she for had hoped to Impress to firelizards, not fancy flits. Yet with eggs in hand, Angela did not have the heart to give them back when she had already committed to them. Instead, she gave a nod of her head and returned to her sisters with a bowl of meat. How she managed to juggle the three items, Angela could hardly guess, but somehow she managed to rejoin Emalia and Solai with her two little mistakes that already began to twitch with life.

"You got two?" Her sister questioned with clear upset. "I thought you were going to get one, not two!"

Angela could already hear her sister's reprimand before she uttered her next words. "I don't want them."

"What?!" Emalia snapped back. "You brought back two firelizard eggs, and you don't even want them?"

Solai rolled her eye. "You've got to be joking Angela."

"They're firelizard/fancy flit hybrids. I don't want those," Angela attempted to explain, hoping both her sisters would know her well enough to understand. Angela had never liked fancy flits. She blamed the feathers, which she had never liked.

It was Solai who scoffed at her first, before taking on a stern tone with her. "Well, too late now. They're hatching and you're Impressing to them."

"But I don't want them-"

Emalia lifted a stern finger, "and we don't either. Those two are your responsibility now."

Angela had enough grace to look ashamed. Shards! But they were right. Angela should have asked what they were first instead of assuming, and she should have only asked for one egg rather than two. Now she was about to Impress to Faranth only knew what with the strong likelihood she would hate them both. Yet as the first egg began to crack its shell, Angela did her best to swallow her disdain for feathered flits, and open her mind to both hybrids as best as she could. Much to her surprise, the first egg yielded a seraphinite. Its hide glistened with the smoothness of a firelizard for all it sported the dual tails of a fancy flit. Shaking fingers fed the flit without delay, and all the while the second egg began to hatch. Angela quickly fed the second as well, a sunstone coloured hybrid, lacking feathers just like the first. Soon, she had her arms filled with pleasantly puggy hybrids.

"See, that wasn't so bad now was it," Solai smirked at Angela.

It was then that the girl with her newly impressed flits realised she was crying. The tears that rolled down her cheeks were not at all tears of sorrow, but rather tears of joy over the warmth that washed over her. Before she fully realised what was happening, Emalia came over to wrap her arms around her trembling shoulders and rock her close.

"See, they aren't so bad," Emalia whispered to her.

Angela could only sob back in response as her hold grew more protective of the tiny hatchlings. "Do you hate me?" she asked of Emalia through her thick sniffles.

"Yes, but we can worry about that later," she answered with a kiss to her sister's brow and a loving smile.
Daphne

Apollo