One Foot In Front Of The Other { tag } Parker / So'cles

Despite being new, this dining hall is very similar to the one back at old Atricis, giving a familiarity to the new Weyr. It is one large, central cavern carved out from the side of the cliff with many tables of varying sizes and seat numbers. The kitchens are attached, and there is a set of stairs leading down into the lower caverns.
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:47 am

"May I ask how long it has been that you have felt this way?"

"Are you sure you really want to know? No, that's a stupid question. Of course you want to know." Duke shifted again, until he was sat on the edge of the table. He let rubbed the back of his neck, but couldn't figure out why this was so difficult to just spit out a few words. It shouldn't be, because they were just words. But they weren't, not really, because they were connected to some very deep feelings, and he knew what would happen if things were... well, if everything was shared and Cles brushed it all away, decided he didn't feel the same and no longer wanted the friendship either. It would make everything hurt very much.

But Cles was looking at him, waiting, and he couldn't keep it in any longer, so he had to share. He focused on his breathing and let his hands hang between his legs, focused on the way his fingers flexed and curled, and figured if he didn't look up, maybe that would make it easier if he was pushed away. "You know when I came to you about fixing the clock? That was when it all started. More or less. A certain... green, at one point, helped me conclude that going slow would be best with you. But that didn't stop my feelings from flourishing, and becoming what they have."
Parker
Site Admin
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him

Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:55 am

So'cles merely nodded his head in agreement. Yes, he did want to know, otherwise he wouldn't have asked. He really didn't expect the answer to affect him in any way. He was simply curious to how long. If anything the only thing it would make him feel is more foolish for not recognizing the signs sooner. Patience was generally one of his virtues, but right now he seemed to be in short supply of it as Duke gathered his thoughts and tried to form words. He did a good job of hiding that impatience by clasping his hands behind his back and twiddling his thumbs out of sight.

His attention was snapped to when Duke finally began to speak. At the question he nodded. Of course he remembered that day, that was the first time they had ever met. His eyes widened quite a bit as he mentioned that that had been when the feelings started. His mouth fell open a little as his brain processed that information. "That long ago? Really? Here I have been blind the entire time." So'cles paused again for a moment. "Ylpeysth told you to go slow? I shouldn't be surprised she played a part in it, though that isn't to say I'm not thankful for her interference."

The greenrider moved to lean beside him against the table. "She, of anyone, knows exactly what my experience...or lack there of I should say... with this sort of thing is. She knows that others have tried in the past to...woo me into something less than platonic and she knows how badly all of those people have failed because of my disinterest. The fact she was even willing to give you any pointers speaks highly of your character." So'cles told him and gave him a sideways smile. "She gave you good advice, by the way. Were it not for you biding your time...I would not have developed feelings for you."
Image Image Image Image Image
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Car'vis and Corentivis | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

.::..::..::..::..::..
PC Character Tracker | Marks Tracker | NPC Stash
Ember

Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:06 am

To hear how highly the green felt for him well... that meant something to Duke, and he wouldn't ever take for granted the fact that he was trusted by the dragon where her rider was concerned. Maybe entirely as a whole, so it seemed. But it was the next set of words that really took him for a spin, and he closed his eyes as each word, and syllable, and letter, flowed through his mind, and he had to pause his thinking just to remind himself to breathe; yet the one thing he couldn't stop running through his head were the last few things said by Cles...

"Were it not for you biding your time...I would not have developed feelings for you."

Had he rushed, had he done anything out of the ordinary, he might not have the feelings of a man he had come to care for and respect on such a deep and abiding level. He placed a hand on his throat, then over his heart, willing it to start beating again and when it did, he wondered if Cles would be able to heart it for how hard it hammered against his ribs. He tilted his head until it met the greenrider's shoulder, and he nuzzled against it, feeling a comfort there, a reassurance.

Reaching out, he touched the man's side, and finally lifted his head, finally opened his eyes. "Aside from Wojoth, I don't think I've ever cared for anything as much as I care for you."
Parker
Site Admin

Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:38 am

So'cles could not hear Duke's heart beating because his own was beating so fast as well. This was all so new to him, so unknown, but he knew what he had told his friend was the truth. He had feelings for him. Had Duke came onto him the way others had in the past he would have been turned off and scared away. He had never been the sort that liked to be overly flirted with. Ylpeysth knew that...informed Duke....the bronzerider had cared enough to take that advice to heart. Had wanted to get to know him for who he was, not just get in his pants, that meant a lot to him.

"Aside from Wojoth, I don't think I've ever cared for anything as much as I care for you."

He smiled as he leaned his head against Duke's and he even dared to wrap an arm around him. "Now what?" He asked with genuine curiosity. "I've never felt anything like this before...for anyone...to say that I am not sure what the next steps are is an understatement. The fact that you are the best friend I have ever had makes me want to make sure that I don't do anything...wrong either."
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Car'vis and Corentivis | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

Ember

Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:48 am

"I've never felt anything like this before...for anyone...to say that I am not sure what the next steps are is an understatement. The fact that you are the best friend I have ever had makes me want to make sure that I don't do anything...wrong either."

If he were to say that he knew exactly what they needed to do next, Duke would be lying. Despite having been in a relationship or two - or three - himself in the past, he was completely blindsided when it came to something like this. All of those companionships of the past paled considerably in comparison to what he had here with Cles, and he was so afraid, so fucking afraid, of doing the wrong thing and having it slip through his fingers. Best to tell the truth then, let it be known just how poorly set up he was for something so deep and meaningful.

"To be honest, Cles, I'm at a loss. I know I've been with others before, and I can give you some idea of where we go from here, but I've never been in a relationship that actually meant something so deep and meaningful to me." He slipped his own arm around the man's waist, and held himself against his side. "And so from what I know, and what I've experienced... I don't want it to poorly influence anything that you and I go forward with."

That being said, not all of it would be bad he supposed, starting out with one important matter. Two, perhaps. "We could start by going on dates together, making dinner for each other, holding hands when we're out and about, things like that. I'm in no desire to rush this Cles... I don't want to risk ruining us."
Parker
Site Admin

Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:02 pm

So'cles wasn't sure if the fact that Duke was at such a loss was more comforting than not. He decided that it did comfort him more than not. At least he wasn't the only one feeling about in the dark, though with Duke's experience they at least had a small candle to see by. "You're still ahead of me, because I wouldn't have any idea where to begin. I'm in my fourth decade and I currently feel as if I'm a hormonal teenager again. Not that I ever was that...not really." He'd never been close enough to anyone when he was that young for his hormones to react to. Sure, he'd had a few awkward moments, but they were never anything that lasted long.

"We could start by going on dates together, making dinner for each other, holding hands when we're out and about, things like that. I'm in no desire to rush this Cles... I don't want to risk ruining us."

He couldn't help but cuddle even more with the man as he wrapped an arm around his waist. This felt wonderful. He felt warm and wanted in a way that he'd never experienced before. No wonder people enjoyed these sorts of relationships. So'cles wouldn't say that he felt as if he'd missed out on anything by waiting this long. Instead he felt as if he'd been waiting for Duke to feel these sorts of things. "I suppose in some aspect we've been on dates already and we've certainly cooked for each other before." He pointed out with a small chuckle. "Though, the intentions behind such actions are different now. Better, I would like to say. I do like the idea of holding hands." He stated and then with his free hand took a hold of Duke's free one. "I wouldn't know how to rush things, to be honest with you, but I also don't want to risk ruining us either."

He fell silent for a moment as he debated how to say what he wanted next. "I am going to assume that by not wishing to rush things you are speaking in a more...physical sense." His heart raced a little harder at the thoughts just saying that conjured in his mind. "But I want to assure you. While I am...innocent...in all purest forms of the word, I don't want you to treat me like I'm fragile." He turned more to look at him then, his eyes a deep sea green color in this light. "I might not desire like the average person, but I promise you that I am capable of it...." He couldn't help but look at the man's lips. "And I do find myself desiring you."
Image Image Image Image

Ember

Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:46 pm

"You're still ahead of me, because I wouldn't have any idea where to begin. I'm in my fourth decade and I currently feel as if I'm a hormonal teenager again. Not that I ever was that...not really."

He was feeling like a bit of a teenager again himself, though unlike Cles, his experience ran much deeper. As a teenager, he'd been incorrigible as far as his hormones had been concerned. Everything else has been more or less proper. But it was surprising to him that he didn't have children running around half of Pern. "Then this is something that we'll traverse together, in a sense." He knew it was strange to say, all things consider - his experience, Cles' lack thereof - but it also was something that they could both agree upon, he was certain. He would lead in several areas, despite those spots where he lacked the sight to step forward, and in those instances, they would step forward together.

"But I want to assure you. While I am...innocent...in all purest forms of the word, I don't want you to treat me like I'm fragile."

He chuckled and nodded, knowing he'd been caught, and that had been one of his concerns. How should he treat those aspects of the relationship that was blossoming between them? Did they move slow, did they inch towards something smaller and let it spread out from there? He wasn't quite sure. But at least he knew that he didn't need to go at a bug's pace, a slow moving one at that, and would instead follow clues based on what Cles did and did not like. Perhaps follow what Ylpeysth could share with him as well, for she had yet to lead him on a wrong path. He just... he didn't want to go in a wrong direction with this. He cared, more and more each day, to the point where it was leading to matters of the heart, and he didn't think he could piece together another set of fractured splinters if things went wayward and south. "Then I shall be cautious, and careful, but not coddling. You have my word, Cles." He smiled and started to lean, only to have things take a turn on him as those eyes... those beautiful eyes...

"I might not desire like the average person, but I promise you that I am capable of it...." He couldn't help but look at the man's lips. "And I do find myself desiring you."

And those words, those wonderful words. He felt shivers race along his body, noticed where the gaze of the man had shifted, and knew where his fingers were leading before they had even reached the nape of his neck. "I desire you too, Cles." He admitted, but that was the case, had been, would always be a fact. He slid his fingers through the hair the tips touched and found himself leaning closer. His mouth landed against his jaw and he sighed, knowing he wanted it someplace else, not sure if he dared shift it there yet. "You smell so good, do you know that?" A soft moan left him, and he squeezed his eyes closed as his body started to respond to this sudden nearness of a man he had only dreamed of being this close to.
Parker
Site Admin

Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:25 pm

"Then this is something that we'll traverse together, in a sense."

When So'cles was younger he couldn't even remember having a crush on anyone before. He thought, for a small spell, that he might have been getting a crush for his friend Benny, but that had been a fleeting thought. Benny had been his only friend when he was younger and training as a smith. However, due to being in a traditional hold, any notion that he might feel something more for him other than friendship had been quickly dashed. Despite never really having a crush before, he knew what he felt for Duke was more than that. He wasn't sure what to call it, but he knew it was far deeper than just a crush. "I like the sound of that. We've already proven to be an unstoppable team together. I don't see how this will be any different."

"I desire you too, Cles."

A jolt of electricity, like lightning reaching from the heavens towards the ground, raced from his head to his toes. So'cles had never thought of himself as desirable, but hearing that Duke desired him as well made him certainly feel desirable. The hand that now played with the ends of his hair only made him shiver further. He did desire Duke, now that he realized what it was he felt, there was no denying that. However, right now, in this moment, he wanted him. He felt more than saw Duke lean in. Nervously and perhaps in preparation he licked his lips, but then he felt Duke's own come to land on his jaw. Even that made him feel weak in the knees and a delicious sensation of flying without his green overtook him.

"You smell so good, do you know that?"

Getting a hold of himself as best as he could, Cles managed a small chuckle. "I am capable of smelling like something other than a forge." He teased him in return as he leaned back enough to look down at him. One of his hands, of its accord, reached up and brushed away some of Duke's bangs from his forehead. "Mm. It's as soft as I thought it would be. Your hair. I'll admit, I've always been curious. My hair curls horribly when I let it grow out, so I rather love how straight yours is and how good it looks on you." So'cles confessed, but still there was a pull that he was trying to ignore, but it was getting stronger and stronger by each heartbeat of a moment that passed by. The mantra he'd been telling himself earlier flittered into his head. That was all the push he needed to lean down and press a kiss to his lips. It was simple, gentle, but the sensation made him feel weak in the knees and falter in balance a little.
Image Image Image Image

Ember

Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:29 am

Duke had once been told that kissing someone you cared for, deep in your heart, was like time stopping still. He had never experienced that and should have known better the last time, but it was a matter to not consider right now. What was something to think about - or not, really - was the fact that it was happening right this very moment. The sensation of time stopping completely was taking place, the world around them was fading, and they were standing in some kind of void. He didn't know when it had happened, but a hand had curled in Cles' hair (had it been the one already there, perhaps?) and somehow he had continued to kiss him in return, willing him to allow just a moment longer... just a moment longer.

When it ended, and was over, it was too soon, but Duke was happy it had happened, that it had affirmed everything that he felt for the other man, and he leaned into him and nodded, his arms going around him, embracing him, warming them both in case the world started to grow too cold. "And I think we can do a little of that too if you wanted, as well." He spoke, voice soft as he started to pull his head back in order to look at Cles more closely. "I'm sorry if um, me continuing that, by the way, was too much."
Parker
Site Admin

Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:28 pm

In the back of his mind he could hear Ylpeysth crooning happily at the situation that she found her rider in. So'cles couldn't really pay attention to her though, not when it felt as if he was melting into Duke's arms and ready to take off into the air. The softness of Duke's lips was beyond amazing and touching them with his own lips was perhaps the most wonderful thing he'd ever felt. There was a part of him that knew that he wasn't skilled at this and likely this kiss was not the best that Duke had ever had, but it was easy to put aside those worries as the world seemed to stop around them and time stood still. He had to cling to the front of Duke's clothing to keep his legs from going out on him.

"And I think we can do a little of that too if you wanted, as well." He spoke, voice soft as he started to pull his head back in order to look at Cles more closely. "I'm sorry if um, me continuing that, by the way, was too much."

It had been a short, sweet, almost chaste kiss...but that didn't mean it hadn't left him shaking to his core. He was trembling just a tad as he looked down at the bronzerider. His hands didn't release him though. Instead when he felt an arm wrap around him he stepped in closer to savor the man's warmth. "No, it wasn't too much at all. My knees my disagree with me as they're threatening to stop working, but I don't think I could have imagined a better first kiss." So'cles assured him as he rested his forehead against his. This moment was beyond perfect. He never wanted it to end, though he knew that it would have to and they would have to go back to reality. One big difference though...they didn't have to face it alone. "Not that labels are all that important, but...does this make me your boyfriend now?" He asked curiously.
Image Image Image Image