One Foot In Front Of The Other { tag } Parker / So'cles

Despite being new, this dining hall is very similar to the one back at old Atricis, giving a familiarity to the new Weyr. It is one large, central cavern carved out from the side of the cliff with many tables of varying sizes and seat numbers. The kitchens are attached, and there is a set of stairs leading down into the lower caverns.
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:13 am

"That, my dear bronzerider, I am not entirely certain of. As a man of intellect, that prides himself on being knowledgeable, it is not the most pleasant of sensations. I digress, however, as though I do not mean to imply that whatever is happening is unpleasant."

Being told that the sensations weren't pleasant was enough to make Duke want to pull away, and he started to, stopping just short of lifting away completely when he felt arms tighten and the words assure him that things weren't implied to mean entirely unpleasant things. It was a reassurance, but it still made him wonder if he had done something wrong. He lifted his head and looked at Cles, his own eyes hazed over with something that could be considered a haze, unfocused, as though he were talking to Wojoth. But he was perfectly aware of what was happening around him, in front of him. He nodded and that was that, and he settled his cheek on Cles' shoulder and stared at his neck, how tempting it was, how close, and he inched closer and pressed his forehead against it to avoid the urge to press a kiss there again.

"I won't claim to know what 'it' is, but I like to think I know you well and you don't strike me as the sort to ruin things."

"I've ruined things before, Cles." He murmured, eyes starting to close. "Couldn't keep Fort with me, what makes me think that I could keep you by my side?" He felt a moment of weakness, a need to be close, and the hand on the greenrider's hip let go, only to slide around him and hold on in another way. "Tell me to let go... please."
Parker
Site Admin
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him

Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:56 am

So'cles pulled back when Duke did to look down at him. It looked as if the man was speaking with his dragon, which he couldn't blame him if he was. After all, he'd done the same just a moment before. Reaching out for Ylpeysth now he felt all the love and encouragement he could hope for, but he knew that she wanted him to figure this out on his own. If what was happening what he thought was happening, then it was something she'd wished for him for a long time. His eyes looked at Duke with a softness that wasn't normally there before the man put his head back down on his shoulder. He laid his own against Duke's lightly again.

"I've ruined things before, Cles. Couldn't keep Fort with me, what makes me think that I could keep you by my side? Tell me to let go... please."

"I'm an inventor, Duke. The amount of things that I have ruined surpasses the things that I have created that worked. We can't let failures of the past keep us from trying for the successes of the future." So'cles spoke in wax poetic. By this point he could swear that Duke would be able to feel his pounding heart against him. "And if I don't want to tell you that?"
Image Image Image Image Image
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Car'vis and Corentivis | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

.::..::..::..::..::..
PC Character Tracker | Marks Tracker | NPC Stash
Ember

Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:04 am

"And if I don't want to tell you that?"

He was going to be honest then, and it might be something that either hindered and bolstered. He felt fingers curl into the back of Cles' tunic and hold on, prepared for what might happen if his words didin't unfurl in the right manner, and he gave himself the chance to imagine the best - the "what if they went well" rather than "piss poor and beyond my control". By the he didn't care what happened beyond the two of them, if the music stopped, if it picked up in pace, if everyone around them genuinely disappeared. So long as he was able to remain in Cles' arms just a little bit longer, that would do him fine; it would be even better if he could have longer.

"Then tell me to stay, Cles." He turned his head, and in a measure he would call brave, he kissed the shoulder beneath his ear. He held on like he wanted to, as though letting go would be a pain likened only to burns of Thread, but he said nothing more outside of that softly spoken statement.
Parker
Site Admin

Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:37 am

"Then tell me to stay, Cles."

So'cles's head was spinning and light from everything that was happening. The dancing, the alcohol, the abundance of feelings that he was now realizing was all assaulting him, but he couldn't claim it to be all bad. It was simply a lot for him to take in with so many people around. He was torn though...he really didn't want to leave this spot. Eventually his logical side broke through.

Where he was holding onto Duke tightened especially when he felt the kiss to his shoulder. Such a simple action sent shivers through his spine. The music seemed to fittingly end then. He didn't let go for a moment. "This is me telling you to stay." He said and then reluctantly moved back from him. He didn't say anything but he held a hand out to him and fully expected him to take a hold of it. When he did Cles began to lead them off of the dance floor and passed the table they had been sitting at.
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Car'vis and Corentivis | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

Ember

Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:52 am

"This is me telling you to stay."

For a moment, he was confused, especially when Cles started to back away. And then he offered his hand, and Duke took it. He held on, squeezed, refused to let go as he was led away, expecting to be brought back to their table but instead, they didn't go to the table. They by-passed it completely, and his heart started to race, and his tongue felt heavy once again. He glanced at the back of Cles' head and laced their fingers together even more tightly than before.

"Cles..." His breath, and words, seemed so raspy, and thick, he wasn't sure if it would make sense to anyone but himself, but he continued, unlatched his tongue from the roof of his mouth and tried once again. "Where are we going?" But really, did it matter? So long as they were together, that's all that should matter.
Parker
Site Admin

Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:03 am

"Cles, where are we going?"

So'cles squeezed the hand in his in return, but the question caught him a bit off guard. Enough so that he was stopped in his tracks without regard of Duke accidentally running into him. His brain had merely told him to go somewhere other than here right now, but it had failed to give him a proper location of where they should go to.

He turned and looked down at him. "I'm not...I figured, perhaps, it best if we actually talked. Standing among others trying to dance and enjoy the music did not seem like an appropriate place for conversation. In my haste I did not actually think of where we could go, so if there is some place you have in mind we can go there." Cles admitted a bit sheepishly.
Image Image Image Image

Ember

Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:04 am

"I'm not...I figured, perhaps, it best if we actually talked. Standing among others trying to dance and enjoy the music did not seem like an appropriate place for conversation. In my haste I did not actually think of where we could go, so if there is some place you have in mind we can go there."

Duke nodded; it made sense to get away from the crowd and just sit. Speak. He admitted he wouldn't mind if they held hands as well, and he felt his fingers flex around the ones that he presently had possession of. "I know where we can go." He said, gently giving the greenrider a gentle tug forward.

He led him out of the dining hall, and away towards the workshops, a place where they had first met, a place that was familiar to them both. Where they had spent so many hours talking together. It was a safe space for Cles, and it might soothe him a little as well. He hoped it was a good choice on his part. So when he stopped in the greenrider's area, he turned to look at him. "Does this work for you?"
Parker
Site Admin

Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:03 am

"I know where we can go."

So'cles nodded and then allowed Duke to lead them to wherever it was he was going to take them. He remained silent as they went. Anything he had to say could wait until they were alone. Though, the thought of them being alone sent another thrill down his spine. It was almost unbelievable that this was happening. After so many turns of never feeling anything, really, for anyone So'cles began to think that he simply wasn't meant to experience that side of life. Now, within not even an hour, he was realizing he felt something more than he ever had for someone for his best friend.

"Does this work for you?"

He'd been so engulfed in his own thoughts he hadn't realized where Duke was taking them until they got there. The hand still in his was given a squeeze at the thoughtful location. "This works perfectly." He stated and then he let go of Duke's hand for a moment so he could pull the large forge doors closed. After that he turned around and looked at Duke. He moved over to a cabinet and pulled out a bottle of wine that he kept there. He didn't mess with glasses and just uncorked it. "Sorry, wine is all I have." He said as he moved back to Duke. He took a drink of the wine before handing it to the bronzerider. He figured they both could use a bit more liquid courage...at least he did. "So...uh...I fear I am in uncharted waters here, but I don't think I'm wrong when I say that... something happened back there...between us."
Image Image Image Image

Ember

Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:34 pm

"So...uh...I fear I am in uncharted waters here, but I don't think I'm wrong when I say that... something happened back there...between us."

Duke took the bottle, but he didn't drink from it immediately. Instead he held onto it a moment before setting it nearby, ready to grab it and pass it along to Cles when he wanted it again. Right now, he wanted to hear his friend out, more eager for that than the fine taste of wine, no matter how good a vintage it was according to the label the bottle wore.

He leaned against the counter space and listened, nodding as he did so because he felt the same exact way. Something had shifted between them, and he wasn't going to try and deny it. There was no "taking things slow" anymore, though he could still pace himself from here on out. All he could do was admit to it, admit to his feelings, and see where things went from there.

After looking at his feet for a flicker of a moment, he looked up, allowed himself to be lost in those rainbow eyes for a fraction of time, even allowed the corner of his mouth to crack in an expression of delight, before he sobered up and nodding once again. "You would be right, Cles. Something did happen, and I think it would be fair to let you know that its something that has been brewing for a while, at least on my part."

He gripped the edge of the work space, sure his knuckles were in the process of turning white, but he didn't frown, just help himself up as his legs started to turn to water. "It has been growing for me for a while now, I just... have been trying to take it slow."
Parker
Site Admin

Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:05 am

"You would be right, Cles. Something did happen, and I think it would be fair to let you know that its something that has been brewing for a while, at least on my part."

So'cles wasn't worried that Duke didn't take a drink of the wine. After all, he figured that between the two of them he needed the courage more than Duke. After all, this territory wasn't as uncharted for the bronzerider. Though, now that he was pondering it, he'd never really seen Duke with someone in an intimate fashion, nor had he heard his friend talk about anyone special. How he hadn't noticed those omissions on what he assumed was a common topic among friends wasn't totally a shock to him. He never spoke of such things and he certainly was never with anyone in any way that could be considered more intimate. "Well, I am glad that I am not wrong on this evening, but...a while?" He questioned.

"It has been growing for me for a while now, I just... have been trying to take it slow."

A look of surprise crossed the greenrider's face. "So you are telling me that you have felt this...what is a good word for it...twitterpated about me for longer than just this evening?" He asked curiously. That would perhaps explain in part why Duke never spoke of others in a romantic fashion. "May I ask how long it has been that you have felt this way?" Now that he knew it had been awhile he was dying to know exactly how long. How long had he been blind to these feelings? Would he still have continued to be as blind if his own feelings hadn't shown themselves this evening? So'cles's mind was racing with questions now.
Image Image Image Image